TheAmpeD

vVv Gaming in Archeage - Guild Strategy, Discussion, and Launch Plans

gallery_4154_416_530.png

Upcoming Events:

• NONE CURRENTLY SCHEDULED.

*All meetings are on our Mumble server, please be sure to set up your push to talk and sound settings prior to the meeting.

Initial Strategy for Launch:

• Recruit/Mass recruit: Constantly recruiting and filtering new members to fill out a solid base of players while continuing to grow the guild.

• Land Grab: To help secure guild members’ small scarecrow farms and small houses at the most ideal locations.

• Leveling: To focus on having all of our members reach level 50 as soon as possible.

• Maxing Professions: To focus on funneling crafting mats and maxing out the key professions on our dedicated guild crafters.

• Galleons and Merchant ships: Beginning the construction of our guild fleet.

• Trade Pack Runs: Run guild-wide trade pack runs for all members utilizing our guild fleet.

• Keeps: Work towards mustering the resources and members necessary to siege and hold a keep.

Long term Goals:

These are our chief ingame goals that we, as a guild, will both strive to reach and perform efficiently and effectively.  (This list is subject to change/expand as we grow as a guild within Archeage)

• Participate in all types of PvP from small to large scale (Land & Naval)

• Assisting all of our Dedicated Crafters

• Territory Control

• Castle Sieging

• Large Guild Trade Pack Runs

• Keep Holding

• Forming and Assisting Alliances

How to get involved:

• Faction : Kyrios (West)

• Launch Server: Kyrios

For voice communication, we use Mumble. You can find all of the information on how to download mumble and our server info on this page.

**If you have any questions or you would like to join us please contact us via Game, vVv Forums, or our Mumble. Look for vVv Pherzghul (beta - Movious), vVv Amped, vVv Exiledsoul, vVv Khaela, or vVv Bagzli (beta - Bagzli).**

Additionally, this will be our master forum post for all things Archeage, so if you have an question, suggestion  or just want to introduce yourself - feel free to do so in this thread!

Edited by vVv Medusa

If you guys are going to want to do castle sieges at all you are going to have to rush that as your main priority as the only guilds that can fight in a castle siege are the 2 guilds that hold their respective keeps. Alot of hardcore guilds will be wanting to be the few that can own a keep and will likely be rushing mining/stone working to get it asap. The amount of resources required is entirely psychotic and you are going to want a guild of 200+ to try and be the first. I highly suggest recruiting as many people as possible within beta as there are already a few guilds out there with 500+/1000+ members looking to be the zerg that owns a castle.

If you guys are going to want to do castle sieges at all you are going to have to rush that as your main priority as the only guilds that can fight in a castle siege are the 2 guilds that hold their respective keeps. Alot of hardcore guilds will be wanting to be the few that can own a keep and will likely be rushing mining/stone working to get it asap. The amount of resources required is entirely psychotic and you are going to want a guild of 200+ to try and be the first. I highly suggest recruiting as many people as possible within beta as there are already a few guilds out there with 500+/1000+ members looking to be the zerg that owns a castle.

Definitely agree, 250+ are gonna be needed against these MMO players who play Korean style pvp. Whole nother ball game/mmo when it comes to this.

Just a heads up to everyone posting questions all over the forums pertaining to the actual head start/ launch. All of that information and those questions will be addressed and answered during this Sundays meeting at 2pm PST. For now, the focus of the guild is on the coming open beta.

My friend and I have been looking for a guild to join at launch.  I found your reddit post, then checked out your site.  I'm impressed by the organization, with meeting and all that...If you'll have us, we'd love to join vVv.  In all of the (numerous) MMOs I've played, I always go for a support class, so I think I'll roll a Templar.  My buddy always goes high DPS rogue-ish damage, I believe darkrunner.

I'd like to come to the mumble meeting on Sunday, but unfortunately, my daughter has a soccer game from 2PM to 3PM, so I won't be on mumble then.  I will reach out to you guys in game during this weekend's open beta.

See you soon!

Welcome welcome, glad to have you and your buddy looking to join up!  Hop on in our mumble at anytime, especially during the open beta this weekend, we will have plenty of people around.  It's unfortunate that you won't be able to get to the Sunday pre-headstart meeting though, but if you want to hop in the mumble later on that evening, I'll stick around with a few people and we can recap you and your buddy on what all was discussed.

Busy times next week. Destiny is launching September 9th and Archeage launching on the 14th (12th for the early start program) it's going to be interesting to see where everything is going. At least I will be part of the head start on September 12th, do we have a number on how many will be able to do that I can think of about 15 offhand but I know that there are probably more.

Ok thanks AmpeD, I'll do that, and I'll at least jump on mumble over the open beta. I installed it last night and hopped on, only saw a couple of people in the Archeage channel and nobody was taking so I peaced out.

Talk with you guys soon!

As I usually play support roles, I am definitely going to be trying to choose and max the best professions to help out the guild as a whole.
And I want to focus on developing land for the guild as well.

I won't be joining you guys until late in the game like around early November but I can't wait to try this game out. I'll be playing Infiltrator (archery, sorcery, shadowplay) and maxing out carpentry.

Edited by Admiral Bunny

Hello there!  New guy here.  Is this the correct place to apply to join VVV for Archeage?

If so great, if not oh well hello anyways!

im excited for the game. Still debating whether im gonna head start or not... is the price going to be the same the (49.99)?

Hello there!  New guy here.  Is this the correct place to apply to join VVV for Archeage?

If so great, if not oh well hello anyways!

im excited for the game. Still debating whether im gonna head start or not... is the price going to be the same the (49.99)?

Hey, welcome! You can find our introduction forums here: http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/topic/68958-new-to-vvv-for-archeage-click-here/

We'll be having a mumble meeting tomorrow night at 11pm CST to go over everything head start/launch for those that are new. 

Meeting info: http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/topic/69047-all-vvv-guild-members-new-old-please-read/

Mumble info: http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/topic/56080-how-to-set-up-mumble/

Sad that I had to work today and miss the meet and greet, would have been a blast I'm sure. That said, I'm still looking forward to meeting everyone through head start and launch! See you all online tonight. :D