Sign in to follow this  
SlyFX

The secret to power leveling faster than anyone else.

There are 2 main strategies to powerleveling both involving "Vocation Tonic"(vocation tonics give 100%+ experience on everything and anything that requires labor) they are as follows.

1.IF you are starting on the western continent on the eastern coast of cinderstone there is an underwater lava volcano area its massive and impossible to miss. Here there spawns starshard nodes that give starshard ore and stone. These nodes are the highest experience in the game for just gathering ore they also scale to your level so as you level they actually give you 1k+ xp per node they also take 25 labor so keep that in mind. If you use the vocation tonic they give double said xp to give you well over 2k xp per node. That is basicly 1 quest reward turn in PER node. It purely psychotic how fast you can level from these.

2. If you are starting on the easter kingdom the lava rocks will be far out of reach until you have a clipper ship with a breathing apparatus. So what you will be doing is mining iron ore nodes or stone nodes in eloch mines?sp? The iron and stone nodes give you stones that you can turn into "hereafter stones" these also scale to you and they give you 2k+ xp and cost 50 labor and 3 stone bricks to create. With the vocation tonic that means they are giving you 4k+xp per hereafter stone. This xp is again purely psychotic and you can hit max level in no time at all.

Both of these strategies heavily benefit from using "Workers comp potions"(each potion give 1k labor points), now the thing is workers comp potions have a 12 hour cooldown before the same character can use another so the trick is making an alt getting it to level 15 and using another workers comp on the alt, since labor points are shared between characters this is the only way around the 12 hour cooldown.

Enjoy! Good sirs this is exactly what I will be doing come launch :P

Edited by SlyFX

Do explorers stashes drop the compensation?  also,  what is the minimum level requirements for the nodes?

Edited by MJ12

The only real way that this can work is if you have a ton of labor to dump. Otherwise save your labor to max proficiencies as you level up. If you DO have tons of labor to dump, you can skip a few levels though.

There is no level requirement for the nodes. And if you want to get max level fast then you're going to use this strat. There is no reason not to dump your points in this as you are also leveling the proficiencies involved. Being one of the first 50s in the game is going to bring a lot more advantages than leveling up something like leatherworking or weaponsmithing. I repeat there is no reason not to dump your labor points into this.

1. You will need underwater breathing equipment to mine effiecientlly there.

2. You will get ganked unless in a peaceful time period.

3. The stars shard chips and ore are not worth much.

4. You get the same xp per labor point spent so if you spend all your labor crafting/planting/mining/whatever it is the same ammount of xp.

1. You can craft hereafter stones at any safe area/city without getting ganked and they even sell nicely. The clipper ship has a breathing apparatus/you can craft dahuta's bubble potions easily. 
2. If you are level 25 you can use stealth and not have to worry about getting ganked the area is so large thats not really an issue.
3.Starshards aren't worth much but the stone is nice.
4.Depends on what you're using labor on.

Edited by SlyFX

1.I doubt many people will use their first 50 gilda stars on a clipper design, let alone gather the materials to build one unless you have your guild help with the design/materials or an alt account or buy a design.

2. From what I have seen, alot of PVP happens at this area especially closer to land since most people will have to come up to breath.

3. You get more stones per labor used from mining iron nodes smf csm be done in a safe area.

4.It is the same 

I'll be using my first 50 gilda on the thatched farmhouse and once i put it down in one of the secret areas then I'll make an alt character and farm the 50 gilda again for the clipper ship design. And yes I'll have a lot of help from my guild to instantly make the boat. And you missed the part where I said you can just go mine iron nodes or go to the mines in the north continent for stones. We already got people to make dahuta's potions so breathing underwater wouldn't be a problem. I made sure to give you guys two different strategies :P incase it was too scary to be near pvp.

4. Its not the same not everything scales to your level the same way certain nodes/crafting does. I have already tested it.

5.You're welcome :P

Edited by SlyFX

Given that I have chosen metalworking as the profession I will farm for, I should have a stupid amount of raw stone. I actually made quite a few of the hereafter stones in beta and if you are willing to blow loyalty tokens on the labor pots then you really don't waste any labor... technically. I would not recommend making an alt just to avoid the cooldown on the pot. 1000 labor points alone is roughly about 76k exp at level 20 if you already have the bricks crafted.  I only plan to use this method when I know I will take a few days off in a row which will re-accumulate my labor points. If you save your bricks up and dump 5000 labor into it with a vocation tonic you can easily gain 3-5 levels depending. As I previously stated, due to the necessity of labor I will simply save bricks until I'm about to go on vacation or something so I can still get levels and be offline.