TheNeverFade321

Why vVv Gaming Should Support Halo: The Master Chief Collection

What is your competitive gaming background?

I played a ton of Halo 2 and Halo 3 competitively but I only got as far as the local tournaments went. I always strived to be more but never got the opportunity to do so.

What is the expected release date for this title? Link any relevant articles, videos or reviews.

11-11-2014

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection/buy-now#fbid=M8PzdatgnPM

What makes this title special or different from its competitor? Why should we support it?

The game is a collection of Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4 all on one disc and playlist that support cross-play within each matchmaking lobbies. We should support it because the game supports the games we love as Halo gamers! The games we cherished since they launched, the games that had a long life in MLG. The series is enough of a reason, the multiplayer is as competitive as you can get!

What game does this new game remind you of?

My childhood memories of going to tournaments, playing with friends, and being apart of my first ever Xbox clan!

Does this game have developer support with necessary features such as LAN or spectator mode?

343 will likely bring this back for the Master Chief collection as it will be competitive! Spectator mode is a possibility but I am not for sure on the current details for now.

Have any major events or online tournaments taken notice of this game?

Yes! UGC has launched a tournament out in St. Louis Missouri for the game!  Mainly Halo 2, but there is still possibility for the cross-play competition as well! Only time will tell!

Is there a community hub for this game yet? If yes, please link and describe the site and community (website traffic, demographic, attitude of players and community)

There is a sale site that I linked up above from Xbox themselves.

There is also a page from Halo Waypoint (https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection) that shows community activity and there is a lot of people who support the game!

As far as spectator mode goes, this comes directly from Bravo on the Halo Bulletin from 6/19.

By leveraging the Xbox One platform we’re able to take advantage of Twitch functionality to provide a spectator experience that will allow online players to stream their matches, speedruns, Forge sessions and more. However, there is not a dedicated in-game specific spectator mode. While we understand the importance and versatility of a dedicated spectating system, we’re confident that Twitch functionality will make it easy for anyone to share gameplay at any time while playing The Master Chief Collection.

For tournaments, there's a lot of discussion of the possibility of only using either the original Halo and Halo 2 or using Halo 2 and Halo 3. Time has yet to tell, but that's what people are gearing toward. Halo 4 isn't even being considered a possibility by many prospective players, but we can't exactly rule it out until it gets released. 

http://www.teambeyond.net is one of the best places since they're really a great starting point for trying to push Halo. While I can't comment on how the game will do competitively, if it wants to make it to the level that Call of Duty is at, the community  has to get involved whether vVv supports it or not. Halo's community as a whole is the definition of its success and that's something that a lot of pro players are recognizing. Hopefully once the game gets released, we'll see a boost in content for Halo and hopefully some newer players.

343 is definitely in support as they've helped out with the prize pool for the upcoming UGC tournament.

EDIT -- Any information you may need for Halo: MCC you can find here: https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/the-halo-bulletin-6-19-14 (at least until another Q&A is posted)

Edited by Zeppelin

I personally cant wait for this to come back, I've been a fan of halo since Xbox launch and watched and played it as it went through its highlights and low lights, (Halo 2 specifically) 

Halo needs to come back to competitive scene as it used to be bigger then CoD and had more respectable people.

If AND when it comes back I will be moving over to this for sure, As this game is what got me into the competitive scene and is overall my Favorite competitive title and most fun to play!

I agree with both statements, halo does need o come back better then ever. 343 not only needs to give this a competitive push, but also Halo 5 guardians needs to be a push as well. I will be switching to this and halo 5 exclusively of they do so! :)

I would honestly like to see this. I've moved on from console gaming, but Halo 2 was my baby and I still remember when it officially died. The day before the servers were announced to be permanently shut down, my friends and I played for 12 hours straight. /nostalgia

<--Maybe?

So I have a few concerns about having a Halo Anniversary Edition Division:

1. It seems like the type of thing where the nostalgia will wear off after 3-4 weeks and people will lose interest.

2. With Halo 5 coming out around the same time frame, it seems that the majority of the competitive scene will be looking toward Halo 5 as the premier competitive title rather than a remake of earlier versions.

I am interested in Halo and would be willing to support a Halo division, but I think we need to expand our focus to more than just a re-release and instead look at what is going to happen with Halo 5. If you'd be willing to spin up a Halo division to support Halo 5 and also support this game to see where it goes competitively and as a supplementary title for community members to have fun playing, I'd be for it. The first steps are to find out who is interested and gather up some information on the title.

Right now it doesn't seem that there is a lot of really compelling interest due to a lack of people interested in running the division and the overall interest in this thread seems to have died off rather quickly, but like I said I'm still open to supporting it if we can build up a community following around it.

If we were to support Halo, who would be the person in charge of running the division?

I have experience running  halo divisions from previous communities. I ran divisions in Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo: Reach and a few months of Halo 4. Each division I had about 30-90 members so I can handle high volume of people if needed. I have about 5-6 yrs experience playing Halo competitively on LAN / Xbox Live (H1,H2,H3,Reach, H4). I know multiple custom games both fun and competitive modes to use for game nights. I don't know if Halo will ever comeback to the glory days but if it does I am willing to help make it a part of vVv again.    

Edited by vVv Papabear

I have experience running  halo divisions from previous communities. I ran divisions in Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo: Reach and a few months of Halo 4. Each division I had about 30-90 members so I can handle high volume of people if needed. I have about 5-6 yrs experience playing Halo competitively on LAN / Xbox Live (H1,H2,H3,Reach, H4). I know multiple custom games both fun and competitive modes to use for game nights. I don't know if Halo will ever comeback to the glory days but if it does I am willing to help make it a part of vVv again.

Being that he has the experience I'd give the nod to the Papa. I'd be more than willing to take second in command and help where I can to revitalize Halo.

I also think focusing on Halo 5 is a better option, with the anniversary edition being a great filler for the nostalgic reasons. 5 should absolutely be the focus here.

Yay for papa as well. I know he has alot of experience in the Halo series and has been dedicated since I've known him.

Of course Halo 5 will be the main focus when that comes around in 2015 but knowning gamers some will stick to the Master Chief Collection and wouldnt doubt that some events/tournaments will cater to them.

Hopefully 343 does everything right and brings back Halo competitive

I'm deff interested in this and willing to do what i can to get this back in the MLG/UMG lineup, This Game is where i started my goals to become a Pro gamer and loved the community back then who played, lots of respect back then compared to CoD at  atm.

Been a halo fan since Xbox V1 launch and i will be moving to Halo upon launch on the X1. 

The only concern i have atm is more of my self and lack of available time as you guys may have noticed i haven't been on as much. This is more due to personal and family issues that have come up however I will do what i can in during the free time i have.

Please count me in on this one, none the less

I'm deff interested in this and willing to do what i can to get this back in the MLG/UMG lineup, This Game is where i started my goals to become a Pro gamer and loved the community back then who played, lots of respect back then compared to CoD at  atm.

Been a halo fan since Xbox V1 launch and i will be moving to Halo upon launch on the X1. 

The only concern i have atm is more of my self and lack of available time as you guys may have noticed i haven't been on as much. This is more due to personal and family issues that have come up however I will do what i can in during the free time i have.

Please count me in on this one, none the less

I'm down to help out... once I get my Xbox One.

I'm holding out on buying an Xbox One until Halo: MCC gets released, but also hoping for a Halo-themed Xbox One to get released around the same time.