Muhdewsa

vVv Satisfaction Survey Results

gallery_17235_854_263.png

gallery_5702_653_45111.png

Hey everyone! A private message was sent out to every member and applicant about a month ago asking you to take part in our vVv Gaming Satisfaction Survey. In the introduction paragraph, I briefly mentioned that we would be using the results to help improve certain aspects of vVv and they would help us track our improvement over a period of time. The results are in!

So here's what you told us that we do really well:

• Second home - Knowing that we have created a great environment with clear goals that you agree with is obviously a huge accomplishment! You make vVv a great place to be and making you happy is our highest priority. 
  • You can impact vVv Gaming - We have always told people that you don't need permission to do great things in vVv. Every member, applicant, and non applicant can use their skills and talents to do something great for our community. There is an endless list of great things that everyone can do. We fully support these things and try our hardest to help you accomplish your goals. 
  • Professional growth - By allowing everyone an equal opportunity to do great things, a lot of doors open up to some very real career opportunities. We have multiple current (and ex-vVv members) working at video game companies already, like Riot Games, Activision, Naughty Dog and Ubisoft. Will you join them? Getting invovled with staff is a great starting point.
  • Hype - Our community is amazing at supporting our teams! Whether it's live at an MLG event or online in a Twitch chat during a tournament, you'll always see the people who #BelievVve. As vVv gamers, we have so much pride in our teams as well as our organization that we always leave a great impression. 
  • Best Community - The number one thing that people listed as their favorite thing about vVv Gaming was our community. You guys are what defines us and has made us into the greatest competitive gaming community there is. Be proud of yourselves, it isn't easy to say that we have the best community that there is, but I think it's definitely something that can be said with confidence around these parts.

Here's what we learned we need to work towards improving:

gallery_4154_13_47669.png

• Chop Chop - Application and division managers try their best to get only the greatest people into vVv, but sometimes a person may end up becoming toxic after they officially become a member. We have been maybe a little bit too lenient with people in the past, but we will begin working to correct toxic behavior that shows itself. If the toxic behavior continues, then we will take further action. Our community is our number one priority and we want to make sure that everyone has a positive, memorable experience every time they are in Mumble or in game. 
  • Events - Whenever we introduce new events to the community, it might appear that we "wing it" a little bit too much in the beginning. We will start having a game plan when starting new events and then adapting to the needs of the event instead of diving into it head first. 
  • Adding Value - A few people mentioned that some people didn't seem interested in improving their game but instead were just wanting to participate. We will begin making it clear which events are meant for improvement and which ones are meant to have fun. While we want everyone to participate in the events meant for improvement, people want to see participants be engaged and to care as much as they do about playing seriously. 

gallery_5702_612_64715.png

• Leadership - Unfortunately things did not work out with the previous leader. Bagzli has temporarily taken over the guild. He will be actively searching for a new Guild leader within the vVv Community; a leader that will rise up to the challenge and continue making vVv the best guild to be in on Guild Wars 2. The new leader will be working with Bagzli to ensure the guild remains strong, fun, and competitive. This will result in the guild having a much more stable leadership and prevent problems we have faced in the past.
  • Communication  - We are now holding regular meet and greet sessions and custom guild events that strongly encourage teamwork play. We will continue creating these events as people in the Guild love them and are a lot of fun to do. However, to improve the communication between members we need the members to take charge as well. Members of the Guild Wars 2 division need to reach out and connect with people through Mumble, guild chat, and the forums. These tools are here to help you improve your gaming experience, so abuse them! You will have a lot more fun in the game if you do!!

gallery_4154_13_50130.png

• Titanfall Skill Advancement - Since Titanfall was released without the ability to create private lobbies, we've been restricted to only being able to play public matches. Because of this, people have felt that there weren't ways to help each other improve. Can we all rejoice that private lobbies were just recently patched into the game?! We will now be holding regular CGN's and any type of competitive lobbies will now be possible to host in the future. If you would like to see certain types of events, be sure to contact vVv Bizkit or vVv Natural with what you would like to see.

gallery_15262_13_40679.png

• Ghosts Team - We have a new Call of Duty Ghosts roster! We are going to make a great impact on the 2014 season with our next event being UGC Niagara on May 2nd-4th. With the signing of the new team, we are hoping to start reigniting the passion in the hearts of all of our Call of Duty division members and begin rebuilding our division from the ground up.
  • Community Development - We will be reintroducing CGNs, Meet & Greets, and Town Hall meetings to help increase communication between community members as well as from staff to community. We will be focusing on having fun and creating an engaging atmosphere.

gallery_5702_653_103204.png

• vVv RobZGod Community Interaction - Our president's relationship with the community is very important and some people wished that they could be able to interact with him more on a personal level. While he is busy managing vVv as well as his own life, he will be making efforts to spend more of his free time with the community wherever they may want him!
  • Five Pillars - Because our community is so close knit, sometimes we take it upon ourselves to solve other peoples problems for them. Unfortunately, this doesn't help anyone learn how to professionally handle personal issues that they may currently face or face in the future. Chain of Command, as well as our other five pillars, are not only there to help limit any personal drama that may arise, but is there to help you develop as a person. Our five pillars and mission statement explain why vVv is different than other gaming communities, so it is important for us to continue helping everyone help themselves by standing by what makes us so unique. 
  • Communication and Transparency - Sometimes we feel like we know what the best course of action is for our community so we might not communicate why and how we do certain things as well as we should. Sometimes we expect certain things without voicing exactly what our expectations are. From now on, we will start making it more apparent what we want to see from you guys as well as why we would like to see these things. We will also start making our intentions more clear whenever we introduce or remove any community events. 

When asked about these general improvements, vVv RobZGod has this to say:

Since stepping up to the role as President, I've been very focused on teams, sponsors and the business of vVv. Moving forward I'll be making an active effort to meet, interact with and play games with our community members and applicants across our various divisions. With surveys and articles like these, staff will collectively be more open and transparent about our decisions and involve the community into the decision process. Thank you!

With these changes, we are looking forward to creating a better and more positive experience for everyone in vVv Gaming. Division managers will be available for any questions, comments, or concerns. Be sure to give us any feedback (positive or negative) that you may have so we can continue to work towards maximizing the awesomeness that is vVv!

Feedback is always awesome and this is great we are moving to become better as a community. This year alot of stuff is happening on all platforms so I see vVv succeeding in anything we do. Thanks to all who provided feedback. :)

I'm pleasantly surprised, first that the leadership seems so committed to the community, I've been apart of clans where the disconnect is very evident between the two, and secondly that you've taken the time to analyse the feedback and come up with a definite goal to achieve a better community. I think I made a pretty good choice with putting my app in here. 

I love this article, 10/10 would read again. Also I think what Rob says is very important but I also feel like Jerith needs to be seen around some more as well. I mean I see him in mumble but I only see him for a few moments.

I love this article, 10/10 would read again. Also I think what Rob says is very important but I also feel like Jerith needs to be seen around some more as well. I mean I see him in mumble but I only see him for a few moments.

I assure you LordJerith is around as much as possible.  As director of people at Riot he doesn't get a lot of free time, so when he does get a chance he's usually online around here :)

I like it. This gave vVv a good feel for where we are and where we're headed. Hope everyone gives it a read and takes time to reflect on it, as I am about to do.

Progress progress progress. This all looks really good!

*insert shameless plug*

Maybe SMITE will be a division that we can receive feedback for soon! :D

/shamelessplug.exe

LordJerith is always watching even when you think he isn't. ;)

Fantastics updates for the community medusa. I really like what i have read and i have a strong feeling that this will only make vVv Gaming stronger as the future comes to. I am very much looking foward to a good future with vVv gaming and doing whatever i can to make a most positive impact on the community.