Sign in to follow this  
lilcrazyace

Chip Sticky's League Community Application

• Name: Luke Reddick
  • Summoner Name: Chip Sticky
  • What is your current division in Ranked? Diamond IV
  • How long have you been playing ranked? Since the tail-end of Season 1, although I played League back in beta.
  • What rank were you at the start of last season? My rank at the start of Season 3 was Silver I
  • What rank were you at the end of last season? My rank at the end of Season 3 was Diamond III
  • Have you ever been banned in-game? If so, why?
  •  
  • I have never been banned, I am typically reserved and quiet. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
  •  
  • What is your favorite champion and role? Why?
  •  
  • Rumble top lane! I am best at laning; just a simple one on one. Top lane is usually the most dormant lane with farming poking and pushing involved as opposed to ganks, roaming and hard engages elsewhere. I thrive in this "laid-back" but more focus-demanding environment. As for Rumble, I started playing this guy during the preseason of season 3. He was, in my opinion, the most underrated top laner. Never banned, upwards of a 5% pick rate and he had a magnificent win rate ( 56% ??) at the time. I started roasting people on my climb to diamond and sure enough he become a popular LCS pick and then the ban hammer came. Nerfs to his Q damage, to his E damage, and then they took away his upfront ult damage. Sad face. I was not discouraged, I continued to play him. Continued to BBQ. He's always been my favorite with his spammable play style and even just looks and voice. 
  •  
  • How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom?
  •  
  • Saw a post on the League forums awhile back. I was under the impression that vVv was a high elo League of Legends 5v5 team. (Oops.) Noticed that it was a widespread community and that attracts me to the organization; I love to get involved with others who share the same gaming passion!
  •  
  • Who do you currently know in vVv Gaming? How do you know them?
  •  
  • I don't know anybody. I need friends. Guys? 
  •  
  • Why are you interested in joining vVv Gaming?
  •  
  • I touched on this a little earlier but I love joining a high-quality organization filled with trusted members who share the same passion as me: gaming. It's a reliable resource and a chance to grow not as a League of Legends player but as a teammate and contributor. If I am up for playing some League of Legends I am positive people from vVv will be available to come hang out! It's the new cul-de-sac. As kids we could go over to each other's houses and just ring the door bell and get everyone from the neighborhood to play baseball. Same idea. People creating a network dedicated to a common interest that creates a spectacularly fun environment. 
  •  
  • What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming?
  •  
  • I enjoy playing Tennis (I am a JV scrub though.) and I am heavily involved in music, specifically trumpet performance. As I am writing this application I just got back from the Kansas All-State band concert where I played as the 2nd chair trumpet! I also enjoy piano, usually to decompress when I am overbooked with homework. 
  •  
  • Do you have competitive tournament experience?
  •  
  • With Super Smash Brothers Brawl! But not League unfortunately. :/
  •  
  • Have you attended any national events?
  •  
  • I am assuming this is League-related? If so, then no I have not. :(
  •  
  • What do you hope to achieve competitively this season?
  •  
  • Diamond I elo has been a goal for me for awhile. I have hit my skill cap at about Diamond III/Diamond IV and it's going to take meticulous practice to overcome the minute struggles in my game play. I last hit well, but do I last hit near perfectly? I usually win lane, but how can I almost always win lane? There's rough spots in my playing and I feel that if I can play to improve then I can approach Challenger tier. 
  •  
  • Are you interested in finding a ranked 5s team to play on? Yes I would love to be apart of a ranked 5's team!
    • What level of seriousness are you looking for (semi-serious, serious, or professional aspirations)?
    •  
    • Semi-serious, I have a lot of school work and college-bound shenanigans to deal with before I dedicate my time to a team that I would inevitably let-down if they were highly competitive. 
    •  
    • What are your goals for playing on a ranked team?
    •  
    • The experience really and the chance to improve my teamwork and communication which could translate into solo Q. Additionally, other people have insightful things to say that could impact my personal gameplay.
    •  
    • When are you generally available to practice, and how many nights per week are you looking to practice with a team?
    •  
    • I usually have the weekends, except Sunday, and most week days/nights. Ideally for me would be Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday from around 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM. I am central standard time. 
    •  
    • Do you have any interest in shot calling, analysis, or being a team captain?
    •  
    • No thank you, I am introverted and have not had a lot of League of Legends ranked 5's experience and would not be a strong team captain or shot caller. 
Edited by lilcrazyace

Hey Luke! Welcome and thanks for applying to the vVv League of Legends community division! You're probably asking yourself,Community Draft Nights on Sundays and Tuesdays, as well as our social nights on Thursday.

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we are really excited that you have decided to begin this journey! The application process usually takes 2-3 months, so please remain patient, stay active and truly give the experience a chance. Also, adding additional value or exemplifying exceptional skill can result in an accelerated application process, so if you are impatient find ways to give back to the community!

Edited by vVv Sun Down

Thanks you for the information! I will be sure to keep in touch in the Mumble! What channel should I start off in?

Yeah just look around the League of Legends section I'll usually be around there or pick any channel. We tend to not stick to the headers as best we should but just pop in and say hi! Also, who were your brawl mains?? I've played in a couple of tournaments and my friends and I back home play ALL the time. I main Lucario and Marth :)

Edited by vVv Sun Down

DUDE! I use to play a SSBB competitively ^_^ But I was trash aha Main? (Other than Metaknight of course ;p lol) Hope to cya around and good luck on your application

Hi,

Welcome! I don't think I have seen you around yet but, I am sure that I will. That's awesome you went from silver to diamond in one season. Anytime you want to play hit me up. I am vVv_Jiggs

Wow, you guys are exceptionally welcoming and exceeded my expectations of a gaming community, thanks for the replies! And to answer your brawl questions, I was a Lucario main with Kirby as my secondary pick! I abused his dashes and spammed shadow balls all game haha! 

The best was killing someone at like 200+% then just spam aura spheres because if they got hit by one it would do over 50% dmg haha.

Application closed. This application has been closed due to inactivity.

If you feel this has been done in error, please contact staff in the next 3 days.

Alternatively, you may re-apply after a one month period.

Thank you.