Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv RedManOne : (21 October 2014 - 02:29 PM) sup nasher !
@  Nasher : (21 October 2014 - 02:24 PM) Hello everyone
@  vVv RedManOne : (21 October 2014 - 02:22 PM) oh its going SugarBear thx for asking, was just at a speech given by Michelle Obama :D
@  vVv Falcodile : (21 October 2014 - 02:17 PM) Jungle blitzcrank time
@  vVv Falcodile : (21 October 2014 - 02:12 PM) http://www.twitch.tv/falcodile streaming, playing with binky random normals
@  vVv Aeroglow : (21 October 2014 - 01:09 PM) Streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/aeroglow come watch!
@  vVv SugarBear : (21 October 2014 - 12:47 PM) Hey Redman how's it going?
@  Shin Milk : (21 October 2014 - 12:29 PM) woo I just won as ori, outfarmed, outkilled, outroamed my opponent. =) so satisfying
@  vVv RedManOne : (21 October 2014 - 12:20 PM) Wassup everyone!
@  vVv Bizkit : (21 October 2014 - 10:43 AM) http://www.vvv-gamin...n-hall-meeting/
@  vVv Bizkit : (21 October 2014 - 10:38 AM) @vVv SugarBear kk understood :) and looking forward to CoD town hall meeting friday night if you wanna pop in
@  vVv SugarBear : (21 October 2014 - 10:35 AM) @Bizkit yeah email is next on my list of things to catch up on
@  vVv Bizkit : (21 October 2014 - 10:16 AM) @vVv SugarBear sub bebe girl. Got my email?
@  vVv Daviepants : (21 October 2014 - 10:07 AM) I'd rather just learn it from scratch with the new system than have to readjust from the old
@  vVv Hyper : (21 October 2014 - 10:07 AM) @davie only if @sugarbear joins us!
@  vVv Daviepants : (21 October 2014 - 10:07 AM) I just mean it wouldn't make sense for me to try out Jungling now with all the potential changes coming out in a month or so
@  vVv Daviepants : (21 October 2014 - 10:06 AM) @Sugarbear I'll be lucky if I master 1 role in a season lol...
@  vVv Daviepants : (21 October 2014 - 10:05 AM) @Hyper perfect, we'll get some normals in tonight when u get home then (we can do a couple bot matches to warm up if you'd rather that, I'm up for either)
@  vVv SugarBear : (21 October 2014 - 10:04 AM) @Davie I think you might find it takes a bit more time depending on how much you play. Don't expect to master every role in one season :)
@  vVv Daviepants : (21 October 2014 - 10:04 AM) @Sugarbear yeah I know I'm pretty excited about the Expansion Tournament, taking a breather is overrated anyway hehe :P

Photo

vVv Gaming Returns to LoL with acquisition of Team VEX and Training Facility in Southern California!

vvv gaming lol vvv league of legends vvv vex vex joins vvv gaming

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#1 vVv RobZGod

vVv RobZGod

vVv Historian

• Executives
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

gallery_17235_854_263.png

gallery_5702_653_45111.png

vVv Gaming Returns to LoL with acquisition of Team VEX and Training Facility in Southern California!

Los Angeles, California – October 30, 2013 – Today, vVv Gaming is proud to announce our return to the League of Legends scene with the acquisition of VEX, a team that is rapidly rising in the North American Challenger Scene.

Formed back in May, team VEX started to make their name in the PAX Prime Qualifier, falling short to coL 1-2 in the early rounds, and then later securing Top 3 on the 5v5 Challenger ladder. Getting their first taste of success, the team realized that to achieve their goals they would need to go all-in and commit everything to making it into the League Championship Series. They did just that and three months later secured a team house with no sponsor funding whatsoever. The entire team with the exception of their support player have been living and practicing in the house for the last month. 

Statement from Rob "vVv RobZ" Thompson, President of vVv Gaming:

It's no secret that League of Legends is the biggest competitive title in the world. For us, it's always been about finding the right players to work with, players who understand the big picture and have the drive to focus on improving and winning, not fandom or drama. After a year of searching, I'm beyond excited to say that we've found the right fit. VEX really stood out to us with their entrepreneurial approach towards their goals, pure initiative and passion for the game - their story is truly inspiring and I look forward to working with them!

Statement from Captain and Top Laner for vVv LoL, Richard "vVv Dr Snugglez" Pilkington on joining vVv Gaming: 

We chose vVv Gaming because their management seemed very knowledgeable about esports and specifically League of Legends. I see them being able to promote us very effectively as well as market us to additional sponsors. BelievVve!

med_gallery_4154_416_282362.jpg

vVv Gaming LoL Roster:

gallery_4154_416_836.gif Top and Team Captain: Richard "vVv Dr Snugglez" Pilkington

gallery_4154_416_682.gif Mid: Linden "vVv CheesdBeluga" Schwark

gallery_4154_416_682.gif Jungle: Braeden "vVv PorpoisePops" Schwark

gallery_4154_416_836.gif Support: Alec "vVv Godshu" Fichter

gallery_4154_416_682.gif AD Carry: Zixing "vVv Tails" Jie

gallery_4154_416_836.gif Team Manager: Charles "vVv ggCharles" Burch

gallery_4154_416_836.gif Analyst: Yun "vVv Truemafia" Choi

Joining the vVv staff and running the training facility operations will be Charles "vVv ggCharles" Burch who originally formed the team back in May. Alongside Charles is the teams analyst Yun "vVv Truemafia" Choi, who is fluent in Korean and follows the International scene very closely. Yun has a great eye for talent and originally scouted the teams ADC, Tails, back in Toronto. Both Charles and Yun live with the players in the house in Southern California, about an hour outside of the vVv Gaming HQ in Los Angeles.

Charles had the following to say about the transition to vVv Gaming:

The last three months have been a roller coaster ride for us. We were all sitting at home, discussing the future of the team, and we found our goals were the same: to become a professional team. We put a plan in motion to acquire a team house in Southern California, deciding to move in with or without any sponsors to help us out along the way. We knew our potential, even if others did not see it at the time. vVv Gaming listened to our story, and were frankly shocked to hear that a team took so much initiative to secure their success. Being a part of vVv Gaming is very exciting for us as a team. Without the added stress of paying for our own gaming house, we will be able to fully focus our efforts on becoming the best League of Legends team that we can be. With vVv Gaming at our side, we seek to be at the top of the North American League of Legends competitive scene, and eventually rise to the world stage. I would like to thank Rob and vVv management for the opportunity to work with vVv Gaming. I would also like to thank my family and the families of all my players for being supportive in our endeavor into e-sports.

gallery_4154_416_25292.png

The team will be competing this weekend in the Semi Finals of the North American Season 4 Spring Promotion Qualifier against COGnitive Gaming. The Winner of this match will earn a place in the Season 4 Promotion Tournament and a chance to go pro in the LCS in December!

Please join us in welcoming the team to vVv Gaming and wishing them the best in their upcoming leagues and qualifiers!

About vVv Gaming

vVv Gaming is a competitive video game organization with a dynamic and vibrant community. Top players and upcoming talent from numerous video games flock to vVv to have an experience best summed up by our motto: Entertain.Educate.Dominate.

With entertaining podcasts, educational articles about teamwork, competition and strategy and dominating finishes at major tournaments around the world, we deliver unparalleled value to anyone interested in competitive video gaming.

gallery_4154_40_5926.pnggallery_4154_40_13682.pnggallery_4154_40_9177.png

:robzcorgi: 

President, vVv Gaming | @vVv_RobZGod 

#2 Trivium

Trivium

Kinda Like the Terminator

• 984 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

YEAH LoL TEAM!   Lets go!  Good luck guys can't wait to see the great things that will come from this! :)

14azzol.png
Twitter: @Nspire_Trivium

#3 vVv Doomhammer

vVv Doomhammer

Board Member

• Executives
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

I'm so excited! Let's go vVv!

Doomhammer

Production Coordinator, Riot Games

Co-Owner, vVv Gaming

gallery_5702_228_45546.jpg
"Because two tanks aren't twice as good as one tank. They're five times as good.

#4 vVv TapOrSnap

vVv TapOrSnap

Active Forum Contributor

• League of Legends
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

Soooo Awesome! Can't wait to finally cheer for a vVv team!

#5 vVv Starman

vVv Starman

<Insert Member Title Here>

• MMO
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

MY BODY IS READY!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Tell me which sig you like better!
"Dude, suckin' at something is the 1st step towards being sorta good a something." - Jake the Dog

#6 vVv SugarBear

vVv SugarBear

President

• Executives
  • 8,703 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

Hooray!  Now if only Riot would fix the store....

• Nyx likes this
gallery_46889_1118_190543.gif
"i would like to consider myself a very succesful jerkoff" - vVv sK1ppY

#7 vVv Sintherius

vVv Sintherius

vVv's Official Rage Tweeter

• League of Legends
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

Oh my God.
Guys.
We got a League of Legends team.
GAIS.

YES. ALL OF MY YES.

Posted Image

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley

#8 vVv IgnisFray

vVv IgnisFray

Active Forum Contributor

• League of Legends
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

Whew!!! Finally a team to root for :3

Posted Image

#9 Havik

Havik

Rage Artist

• 899 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

This is awesome news! Finally our very own League of Legends team that I can cheer for, can't wait to see them play.

Posted Image
Follow me on twitter!

Diablo 3 Username: Zephyr#1282
Posted Image

#10 vVv Shadow

vVv Shadow

Research King

• Donor: vVv Member
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

Awesome! looking forward to watching them and everything!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 vVv Pherzghul

vVv Pherzghul

Lead Graphic Designer

• Graphic Designer
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

woooo!

ron-paul.gif

Posted Image

Signature masterpiece created by Vultige

-----Did I rustle your jimmies? Click here-----

#12 vVv Ahryse

vVv Ahryse

Special Projects

• Staff: Moderator
  • 460 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

YAY! I'm so excited! Goooo team! :D I got my /watch every team game/ chair ready. Let's go vVv!

Meet the Staff!

LoL: vVv Ahryse

AA: Ophiille - Infiltrator

#13 AegishjalmurLoL

AegishjalmurLoL

• 131 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

Right on! Now all I have to do is secure a slot in the reserves roster! Do work fellas, we believVve!

twitter: https://twitter.com/AegishjalmurLoL
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/aegishjalmur
gallery 46889 1118 45889

Posted Image

#14 Senna

Senna

Active Forum Contributor

• 265 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

Wow. Just WOW. Can I be the official cheerleader?

THIS IS SO AWESOOOOME! Let's go vVv! This is just the start of something big. And I wanna be there :)

Hypes, hypes, hypes!

Posted Image

"Gaming doesn't define who we are,

it is who we are what defines gaming".

#15 IRGRL

IRGRL

Social Media Butterfly

• Donor
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

awesome! 

Posted Image

need a shoutout or RT hmu on twitter @IRGRL

#16 nmegg

nmegg

I need to post more!

• 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

good pickup another team to look out for in the amateur scene

#17 vVv Medusa

vVv Medusa

Forum Cleaner

• Administrator
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

Such excite!

Posted Image

#18 nickn11

nickn11

Active Forum Contributor

• 229 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

This excites me! ALOT!!!

GT vVv xFearless
Twitter @vVv_Fearless
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 MileyCyrus

MileyCyrus

Active Forum Contributor

• 246 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:19 AM

=D

#20 vVv Addiction

vVv Addiction

vVv Historian

• Call of Duty
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

This is a very special time to be a part of vVv :)

• Nyx likes this

Twitter: vVv_Addiction
GT: vVv Addiction
LoL: vVv Addiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!