Welcome to vVv Gaming

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• vVv Bagzli

We have moved to Discord   08/04/2016

There has been a strong desire among the community to migrate to Discord for quite some time. As of today, our community will be using Discord and as a result, we will no longer be actively using our TeamSpeak Server.  The TeamSpeak server will temporarily stay active to help inform all of our move to Discord. Within the next couple of months, it will be shut down completely.  For a quick invite to our new Discord server, you can click here.  
      For a full detailed guide visit http://www.vVv-Gaming.com/Discord
    • vVv Bagzli

New Supersonic Series Start Time   10/17/2016

We would like to thank everyone who participated in our recent survey regarding the start time of our tournaments.  After reviewing responses from the survey sent out to tournament participants we have decided to make changes to the start time of our events to try to better accommodate everyone.  Beginning on Monday, October 24th, all of our tournaments will start an hour earlier - at 8PM Eastern.  This means that registration will close at 7:30 EST, and that check-in starts at 7:30 EST and closes at 7:45 EST.
vVv Doomhammer

How do I get into vVv Gaming?

72 posts in this topic

As you are all aware, vVv Gaming is moving away from a casual family community into a community of athletes. In the spirit of this transition, we want to better define what we expect from a vVv member.

There are no hard rules. This process is not a math problem. This is not a test with a score. It is subjective. We try to be objective about what is important to vVv Gaming but in the end it will always be a subjective process. What we can do is share with you how we evaluate both applicants and members. If you want to get into vVv Gaming, and if you want to remain a member of vVv Gaming, then know that we look at:

• your average posts per day.
  • the time you were last active on the forums.
  • our players’ streams and we notice the vVv members who support them.
  • the quality of the last five topics you started in the forums.
  • the quality of the last five posts you’ve made.
  • the quality of your posts regarding other applicants. Yes, we look very closely on how you give and receive feedback to our applicants.
  • who participates in our donation drives.
  • who purchases vVv gear from our store.
  • who takes pictures wearing our vVv gear and shares it with the world.
  • who purchases products from our sponsors and shares pictures with the world of those products.
  • applicants who try and promote competitors teams and their sponsors. This is a quick way to get your application closed.
  • your LAN event attendance and pictures of you wearing vVv gear supporting our teams.
  • your participation in vVv community events (tournaments, in-houses, community game nights).
  • your contributions to make vVv Gaming a better place by taking on special projects from staff.
  • the quality of people you recommend into vVv Gaming.
  • the way you interact with other members and, most importantly, how you make people feel.
  • the number of people who endorse you and the quality of their written endorsements (not required, but they count).
  • endorsements that are difficult to get, i.e., LordJerith, Doomhammer, RobZGod.
  • your Twitter and Facebook to see if you support vVv Gaming (if you actually have over 50+ followers)
  • both the number and quality of your tweets and facebook comments. When our teams are playing, we expect to see you support them on social media (grow your followrs and make frineds to spread the word).
  • your sense of humor, your personality and how well you communicate verbally, written or through visual media (this is really important, and we saved it until the end. We hope everyone took the time to read all of this).

So after you fill out your application, know that it can take anywhere between 30 to 90 days to get into vVv. The more of the above that you do, the faster your application will progress.

Question: How do I get my pre-interview?

Answer: Well, if you did all of the above, it should happen pretty quickly. If not…

As an applicant, I have to say I am for this new system. Allowing for us to focus on the community, instead of the focus on endorsements. I know personally that when I got close to when I would need an endorsement or else it would be closed, I would just be worrying about that. Now with this it doesn't matter if it takes a month or year, I don't have some kind of due date. I also know that everyone who gets a chance to join will know, when they are able too, they truly earned it. I can't wait to see the change this will bring to our community. 

As an applicant, I have to say I am for this new system. Allowing for us to focus on the community, instead of the focus on endorsements. I know personally that when I got close to when I would need an endorsement or else it would be closed, I would just be worrying about that. Now with this it doesn't matter if it takes a month or year, I don't have some kind of due date. I also know that everyone who gets a chance to join will know, when they are able too, they truly earned it. I can't wait to see the change this will bring to our community.

Actually, there is one deadline, which is if you go inactive without letting me know I"ll probably close your app after about 2 weeks.

Actually, there is one deadline, which is if you go inactive without letting me know I"ll probably close your app after about 2 weeks.

Understandable and fair. Though I meant the 15 week one if you were active or not, I had forgotten about just not being there in general. Thanks for the detail.

Great stuff! The first time I applied here the application process was more similar to this, good to see!

i like the new system shows whos dedicated to be part of the community and willing to put in the time and effort and who just wanted the name and recognition that comes with vVv

I think this is a great way to gauge a persons input And role in the community!  It will also ensure people don't get lax or just come here looking for just the name.  

I recently applied and I'd like to say I am shy and I have to get to know you first in order for me to talk more. Also for the app. I think the only down side for me is my age. I have a fear that i wont get in just because of my age. Even though I have been talked to by some, saying my age will bring out the maturness in others if they see how mature I am and me being the youngest. But I cant get my hopes up so fast, I met some really cool people and playing with some more people and being active in 8's and other games. Thanks for giving me a chance for applying even though my age is under the req. I do have the future of tournaments though. Nice post.

Always good to have everything laid out for everyone wanting to join or currently in vVv.

This be  process sounds great. As a typically shy person, I don't always meet everyone. This is a great way where my contributions will be added and taken into consideration when  apply. 

Pretty great, I like this way a bit more then the last, Endorsements didn't feel like they meant all that much when looking at an app.

This is good criteria when looking at an applicant, I like it, similar to how I got into vVv Gaming.

Edited by vVv Matter

This is FANTASTIC news! Very similar to the older method of getting accepted, and it worked really well in bringing in members of true quality. I'm 110% on board for this!

This is how it used to work to get into vVv back in the day :P with that being said good luck to all the apps and hopefully ill be back in vVv soon :)

I can dig it! I just don't have any vVv merchandise or money to afford it right now or I would have some :D I'm looking forward to seeing how the system plays out, compared to the old.

Much more community focused app process, but then again the interview can always cover up any holes in the app system

So how are endorsements going to work now?  Do we still require 5 or is it simply get as many as you can with no limits to how many you can get per 1 week?  

I like the new system with the focus on the community.  I feel that with this new system applicants will be recognized for what they do and not who they know.  So +1 from me.  Awesome job.

So how are endorsements going to work now?  Do we still require 5 or is it simply get as many as you can with no limits to how many you can get per 1 week?  

I like the new system with the focus on the community.  I feel that with this new system applicants will be recognized for what they do and not who they know.  So +1 from me.  Awesome job.

Endorsements are not a requirement, nor is there a cap. You can get one, none, or 20, and it won't determine if you get in to vVv (though 20 would give you a pretty strong chance). Additionally, there's no limit on endorsements per week. Now you can get a whole bunch in one day if people want to give them to you.

We've tried to very specifically list the things we actively check when looking at applicants, so read the list very carefully. After checking those specific items, we will base our final decision off what we see from that list, as well as the feedback we get from other people and how we feel about the applicant.