Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Anaxamander : (16 September 2014 - 12:22 PM) The download won't start... but I see now that I don't have permissions. I was looking at a bad countdown to lauch timer.
@  JayC : (16 September 2014 - 12:17 PM) doesnt care about CS....jumps to help anax right away :o
@  vVv Tr4nce : (16 September 2014 - 12:09 PM) What trouble you having @ vVv Anaxamander?
@  vVv Anaxamander : (16 September 2014 - 12:08 PM) Anybody else having trouble getting Archeage download going?
@  rollergo11 : (16 September 2014 - 12:06 PM) How is working for a company like that?
@  vVv Tr4nce : (16 September 2014 - 12:04 PM) Go to Riot, we have lots of people working there now :P
@  vVv SugarBear : (16 September 2014 - 11:55 AM) FREE STUFF OR RIOT
@  vVv Tr4nce : (16 September 2014 - 11:53 AM) Nope, I'm QA now. I give no fucks about CS anymore.
@  vVv Tak : (16 September 2014 - 11:41 AM) trance dont you have phone calls of QQ Queuers to listen to ?
@  vVv Tr4nce : (16 September 2014 - 11:36 AM) t(^_^t)
@  vVv Plague : (16 September 2014 - 11:25 AM) for reals
@  vVv F R 0 o T x : (16 September 2014 - 11:21 AM) No srsly
@  vVv Tr4nce : (16 September 2014 - 11:15 AM) HAH.
@  vVv SugarBear : (16 September 2014 - 11:09 AM) @Tr4nce give our guild free stuff :P
@  vVv Tr4nce : (16 September 2014 - 10:48 AM) Well then... vVv members will list you as KoS :P Idk, I'm not really playing too much.
@  vVv SilverSpoon : (16 September 2014 - 10:47 AM) What if I don't want to be an Elf or Human.. T_T
@  Tofu : (16 September 2014 - 10:46 AM) Yes West Only
@  vVv SilverSpoon : (16 September 2014 - 10:44 AM) </3
@  vVv Tr4nce : (16 September 2014 - 10:41 AM) Pretty sure we are West only. 95% sure.
@  vVv SilverSpoon : (16 September 2014 - 10:34 AM) Hey Tr4nce, do you know if we have a guild for the East Faction or are we West only =/

Photo

vVv Gaming bids farewell to its Starcraft 2 division

vvv sc2 vvv gaming starcraft vvv aspire aspire starcraft

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#1 vVv RobZGod

vVv RobZGod

vVv Historian

• Executives
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

gallery_17235_854_263.png

gallery_5702_653_45111.png

vVv Gaming bids farewell to its Starcraft 2 division

Los Angeles, California – January 28, 2013 – Today, vVv Gaming bids farewell to its Starcraft 2 Division. With more than two years behind the title, we look back at some of our greatest successes and projects with our StarCraft players and community.

In October of 2010, Quantum Gaming, led by manager Jonathan “Roar” Ramirez, became a part of vVv and formed the StarCraft 2 division. Players like Murder, Time and Rigid on the starting roster were joined by community favorites such as Titan and Ruff. With this all-star cast vVv hosted events such as Wednesday Night StarCraft, which challenged other organizations to a weekly tournament for a vVv sponsored prize-pool. Featuring live casting by Crota and Matron the team went up against such names as Evil Geniuses, CheckSix Gaming and It’s Gosu. vVv also continued to develop talent, working with players like Daisuki, SeoHyeon, Glon and more. More recently, the vVv Aspire program, founded by vVv BabyToss doubled in size to create Aspire Rising. This program gave players and community members at all levels the opportunity to improve in-game skills through coaching, peer-review, and a disciplined practice regimen. Aspire member vVv SonTran went on to receive a personal partnership with Mirametrix Gaming, and vVv BabyToss herself had the opportunity to train at the Ministry of Win.

vVv has had an excellent run with the competitive title and it is with fondness that we say goodbye. As of January 28th, vVv Gaming will no longer support a StarCraft 2 division. With players heading to other titles and the competitive support continuing to decline, we wish our StarCraft community members all the best in their future endeavors. With leaders like Babytoss, Razor and Salvor, we’re confident that they will continue to grow, expand and accomplish great things outside of vVv Gaming.

Moving forward in 2013, vVv will be focused on providing the best possible experience for the divisions where our community members and staff are most passionate. League of Legends, with the largest user-base in the world, will be one of the main titles, and we look forward to providing opportunities to new and growing competitive titles such as Shootmania and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Applications for the League of Legends and Call of Duty divisions will reopen on February 1st. Stay connected with the community and updated on all of vVv’s upcoming announcements through the social links below.

gallery_4154_40_5926.pnggallery_4154_40_13682.pnggallery_4154_40_9177.png

:robzcorgi: 

President, vVv Gaming | @vVv_RobZGod 

#2 Magnet

Magnet

Active Forum Contributor

• 167 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hopefully HotS will be picked up. If not it was a good run vVv

GT:(Xbox) LiL magnet, GT:(SC2) vVvMagnet(142) GT:(HoN) LiL_magnet GT:(LoL) LiLmagnet

Posted Image

#3 vVv WaKai

vVv WaKai

I rule the forums!

• Honorary Member
  • 824 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

my best wishes to all of you! sad to see the division go as I've had many fond memory's there :( 

It's also sad to see sc2 itself dieing, was such a thriving e-sport!

Play Hard.
Happy gaming!

H8jUlk6.png

#4 vVv Magicmooch

vVv Magicmooch

Phillip

• MMO
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

oh man, such a sad day :( I know that a lot of the players in the SC2 division were super passionate about what they did.  Hopefully it can be re-picked up or atleast HotS will be.  Best of luck to all of you SC2 guys and gals <3 may you continue to improve as players!

@vVvMagicmooch

Battletag: Magicmooch #1145

#5 Hiei

Hiei

Active Forum Contributor

• 139 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

my best wishes to all of you! sad to see the division go as I've had many fond memory's there :(

It's also sad to see sc2 itself dieing, was such a thriving e-sport!

SC2 is FAAAAAAR from dying, as show by this weekends events at IronSquid

Edited by Hiei, 28 January 2013 - 02:41 PM.

Inspired me truly you did from the start
To not be afraid, and just follow my heart.

#6 Fearful

Fearful

Active Forum Contributor

• 428 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

SC2 is FAAAAAAR from dying, as show by this weekends events at IronSquid

Nestea was a beast! I wish I could have seen it

Posted Image

#7 Astraëa

Astraëa

Active Forum Contributor

• 139 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Damn it >< Community gamer division closed? Np I established on Starcraft! Starcraft division closed? Euh... Big problem, I've established on Starcraft XD Seriously, do you hate me that much :/? What am I going to do now in vVv...? Play League of Legends? I'm bad at it... Wait for Blizzard All-Stars? What if it never becomes competitive such as Guildwars 2? May be I could play Shootmania? Totally different game style, I'd need some time to readapt to an fps :/ May be I should just continue playing Starcraft anyways x) after all, Grubby and WhiteRa have no team, so why should I :D? Oh damn it I just noticed my name became grey :/

#8 Garcia

Garcia

I need to post more!

• 43 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Everyone from the SC2 division should keep their heads up. The saying goes as one door closes another opens!

It is unfortunate that SC2 could no longer be supported, but I think this is a move based on a forecast that could soon become very real.

Wish the SC2 players the best of luck in your futures and maybe this is the opportunity to try something new on vVv!
Twitter: @GarciaGaming | XBL GT: xTheGarcia | YouTube: GarciaVOD | Twitch: GarciaHD

#9 BabyToss

BabyToss

Ex-Aspire StarCraft 2

• 636 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

I see all the talk about "We will coordinate with you guys with a good-bye thread" was nothing else but a lie.

Well, the truth is, the division as a whole agreed to leave vVv due to lack of visible support from upper management, which was always busy with LoL community inhouses and other stuff, and SC2 was just a bother to them. Alas, here goes my statement, why I and the others decided to leave:

"As of today, I am no longer part of vVv Gaming. We decided to part ways on mutual agreement. Here is my personal statement:

"It is time to move on. I joined vVv Gaming in April 2012, with hopes to grow both as a person and a StarCraft 2 player. I ended up coming up with Aspire in the end, to create the desired environment not just for myself, but also for other like-minded people, who wished to pursue StarCraft 2 on more competitive level.

In the end, the direction, which vVv Gaming began to take in last three months was in contradiction to the old values, reasons why I joined the organization and promises from the management, which began directing focus in other way, with their actions and decisions. As such, I believe moving on is the best way for both sides. I personally cannot continue supporting an organization, which doesn't visibly support my division, my team and the game.

All in all, if it wasn't for me joining vVv Gaming, I'd never get to chance to meet some of the awesome people here, I would not learn to be a captain of a team. Despite of all, thank you for all that time. I and my team may be leaving vVv Gaming, but I am not leaving StarCraft 2."

"The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." - Unknown author

Follow me on Twitter: @BabyToss
Like me on Facebook: /BabyToss

#10 Astraëa

Astraëa

Active Forum Contributor

• 139 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

I see all the talk about "We will coordinate with you guys with a good-bye thread" was nothing else but a lie.

Well, the truth is, the division as a whole agreed to leave vVv due to lack of visible support from upper management, which was always busy with LoL community inhouses and other stuff, and SC2 was just a bother to them. Alas, here goes my statement, why I and the others decided to leave:

Kind of harsh :/ but if it is the truth they may have good reasons to that. I may not be able to know how you're feeling since you leaded the Aspire and now you see they took that Idea for LoL but... Anyways you did great while here, and if you are happy to be out after all well that's even better. 

Still I am sad to see you go, mostly because I originally came to vVv for GW2, and then seeing it didn't become competitive I came to the Starcraft thinking it would be great, but the community of SC2 wasn't even really active on their Own part of the forum Oo...

Best of wishes to you and all the other SC2 members leaving us.

#11 BabyToss

BabyToss

Ex-Aspire StarCraft 2

• 636 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Truth is sometimes harsh. And I feel we've been lied to, even last night, so I have even less reasons to hold back. After what I and the others did here in vVv, this is what we get. They only have themselves to blame. Alas, not wanting to start a war here, best of luck to you and the others.

"The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." - Unknown author

Follow me on Twitter: @BabyToss
Like me on Facebook: /BabyToss

#12 Hiei

Hiei

Active Forum Contributor

• 139 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Everyone from the SC2 division should keep their heads up. The saying goes as one door closes another opens!

It is unfortunate that SC2 could no longer be supported, but I think this is a move based on a forecast that could soon become very real.

Wish the SC2 players the best of luck in your futures and maybe this is the opportunity to try something new on vVv!

The statement from RobZ is misleading, here's how it really went down.

Upper management removes the SC2 community, and the sponsered team (1 month after adding a High level player), but decides to keep the Aspire program. The point of the Aspire program (in our eyes) was to get us to a level to play on the sponsored team.

With the sponsored team being removed, a clear lack of direction upper management wanted to take with the division, no interest being shown from the upper management in concerns with the happenings with in the SC2 division, and the lack of communication between upper management and the SC2 division members/managers, the ENTIRE SC2 division lost faith that upper management truly had the best interest in the SC2 division at heart.

The excuse we were given from upper management was "they were spread to thin" and focusing on other projects. It just so happens that all of those projects focused on LoL. I'm fine with that, if that's their passion, go for it. But when other people within the SC2 community want to step up and get things rolling, because upper management doesn't is dragging their feet, the community members were constantly getting shut down, or sometimes not even addressed at all.

So the SC2 division came to the conclusion that vVv's upper management was only serving as a hindrance, and served no real use to the division as a whole, so the Aspire program decided to leave vVv.

If I'm wrong, may I be struck down where I stand (sit).

#13 vVv Shadow

vVv Shadow

Research King

• Donor: vVv Member
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

I wish the best of luck to the SC2 people and where they go in their future endeavours. 

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 vVv SugarBear

vVv SugarBear

President

• Executives
  • 8,519 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

I won't comment on my feelings about SC2 leaving, since it's deeply personal as I basically single-handedly ran the division over one and a half years after joining as a community member like everyone else. 

I will say that I'm disappointed at the response from the community.  Nothing in Robz's post was offensive or derogatory toward the SC2 division, yet we already have two vitriolic responses from former members.

I hope the remaining community members who haven't commented yet prove these two responses to be the exception rather than the rule.  Otherwise I fear I've put a lot of trust in some very untrustworthy people.

gallery_46889_1118_190543.gif
"i would like to consider myself a very succesful jerkoff" - vVv sK1ppY

#15 Fearful

Fearful

Active Forum Contributor

• 428 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

There is no need to be harsh or angry. Being dropped sucks and is in my opinion really pointless. However, it is what it is, and I won't complain. I don't need a community to play SC2 or any game for that matter. All I need are the people I met along the way to enjoy it with. Keep your heads up high guys. We will go on to other things where we are wanted or we can find something else to be passionate about. That is all I have to say.

Edited by Fearful, 28 January 2013 - 05:09 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Hiei

Hiei

Active Forum Contributor

• 139 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

I won't comment on my feelings about SC2 leaving, since it's deeply personal as I basically single-handedly ran the division over one and a half years after joining as a community member like everyone else. 

I will say that I'm disappointed at the response from the community.  Nothing in Robz's post was offensive or derogatory toward the SC2 division, yet we already have two vitriolic responses from former members.

I hope the remaining community members who haven't commented yet prove these two responses to be the exception rather than the rule.  Otherwise I fear I've put a lot of trust in some very untrustworthy people.

I anything I said an unsupported claim?

#17 TuFF

TuFF

Active Forum Contributor

• 189 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Fearful, on 28 Jan 2013 - 17:11, said:

There is no need to be harsh or angry. Being dropped sucks and is in my opinion really pointless. However, it is what it is, and I won't complain. I don't need a community to play SC2 or any game for that matter. All I need are the people I met along the way to enjoy it with. Keep your heads up high guys. We will go on to other things where we are wanted or we can find something else to be passionate about. That is all I have to say.

We weren't dropped Fearful, we left

Edited by TuFF, 28 January 2013 - 05:51 PM.

#18 Nimbus

Nimbus

Active Forum Contributor

• 217 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Wow this is really bad news :/ best of luck to the sc2 players, I myself loved the game and played it a while ago. Hope that the future bears fruit to blizzard rts'.

Posted Image

#19 Fearful

Fearful

Active Forum Contributor

• 428 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Fearful, on 28 Jan 2013 - 17:11, said:

We weren't dropped Fearful, we left

I know that, but the post makes it seem like we were dropped and I'm sure that not everyone wanted to leave, but the majority did.

Posted Image

#20 Zzxq

Zzxq

Passionate Crossfire Player

• 178 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Sad to see a side of the community leave, but changes will always occur in large organizations. Its how we use those changes that occur to make us a better organization as we move forward and to continue to progress as an E-sports Organization. 

Posted Image
Team: Undaunted
Games: Crossfire and LoL
Ign: Zzxq

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vvv sc2, vvv gaming starcraft, vvv aspire, aspire starcraft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!