Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Krewel : (28 May 2015 - 01:00 PM)

fun at the doctors office .. sigh

@  vVv SugarBear : (28 May 2015 - 01:00 PM)

Second shift is that good huh?

@  vVv Vall : (28 May 2015 - 01:00 PM)

I'm in school still

@  vVv Bizkit : (28 May 2015 - 12:58 PM)

second shift is balls haha

@  vVv Bizkit : (28 May 2015 - 12:58 PM)

going to work in 15 minutes :(

@  vVv Rowdy : (28 May 2015 - 12:57 PM)

Anyone wanna play some ranked with me and Boever?

@  vVv Vall : (28 May 2015 - 12:43 PM)

Ahhh I'm back

@  vVv Bizkit : (28 May 2015 - 12:39 PM)

YYYOOOO PHIXXEEEMMM!!! Sup bbooii

@  vVv Phixem : (28 May 2015 - 12:37 PM)

hey peeps

@  vVv Bizkit : (28 May 2015 - 12:35 PM)

@vVv SugarBear sounds like a lot of calories to burn haha but if it must be done haha

@  vVv SugarBear : (28 May 2015 - 12:34 PM)

@Bizkit or just spam Karma mid until they balance her again lol

@  vVv Bizkit : (28 May 2015 - 12:31 PM)

holy buffs sugarcoated bear. we must file complaints!

@  vVv Pherzghul : (28 May 2015 - 12:31 PM)

out for lunch! brb later

@  vVv SugarBear : (28 May 2015 - 12:28 PM)

Karma buffs D:

@  vVv Pherzghul : (28 May 2015 - 12:23 PM)

@vVv Vall you mean this type of dancing? http://churchm.ag/wp...ng-620x620.jpeg

@  vVv Bizkit : (28 May 2015 - 12:22 PM)

went from following almost 800 people to now 367

@  vVv Rowdy : (28 May 2015 - 12:20 PM)

i know that dance very well

Heels with jesus??

@  ByRxsk : (28 May 2015 - 12:20 PM)

exactly

i can do a little bit of swing dancing got to have the right partner

Photo

vVv Gaming bids farewell to its Starcraft 2 division

vvv sc2 vvv gaming starcraft vvv aspire aspire starcraft

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#1 vVv RobZ

vVv RobZ

Board member

• Executives
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

gallery_17235_854_263.png

gallery_5702_653_45111.png

vVv Gaming bids farewell to its Starcraft 2 division

Los Angeles, California – January 28, 2013 – Today, vVv Gaming bids farewell to its Starcraft 2 Division. With more than two years behind the title, we look back at some of our greatest successes and projects with our StarCraft players and community.

In October of 2010, Quantum Gaming, led by manager Jonathan “Roar” Ramirez, became a part of vVv and formed the StarCraft 2 division. Players like Murder, Time and Rigid on the starting roster were joined by community favorites such as Titan and Ruff. With this all-star cast vVv hosted events such as Wednesday Night StarCraft, which challenged other organizations to a weekly tournament for a vVv sponsored prize-pool. Featuring live casting by Crota and Matron the team went up against such names as Evil Geniuses, CheckSix Gaming and It’s Gosu. vVv also continued to develop talent, working with players like Daisuki, SeoHyeon, Glon and more. More recently, the vVv Aspire program, founded by vVv BabyToss doubled in size to create Aspire Rising. This program gave players and community members at all levels the opportunity to improve in-game skills through coaching, peer-review, and a disciplined practice regimen. Aspire member vVv SonTran went on to receive a personal partnership with Mirametrix Gaming, and vVv BabyToss herself had the opportunity to train at the Ministry of Win.

vVv has had an excellent run with the competitive title and it is with fondness that we say goodbye. As of January 28th, vVv Gaming will no longer support a StarCraft 2 division. With players heading to other titles and the competitive support continuing to decline, we wish our StarCraft community members all the best in their future endeavors. With leaders like Babytoss, Razor and Salvor, we’re confident that they will continue to grow, expand and accomplish great things outside of vVv Gaming.

Moving forward in 2013, vVv will be focused on providing the best possible experience for the divisions where our community members and staff are most passionate. League of Legends, with the largest user-base in the world, will be one of the main titles, and we look forward to providing opportunities to new and growing competitive titles such as Shootmania and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Applications for the League of Legends and Call of Duty divisions will reopen on February 1st. Stay connected with the community and updated on all of vVv’s upcoming announcements through the social links below.

gallery_4154_40_5926.pnggallery_4154_40_13682.pnggallery_4154_40_9177.png

:robzcorgi: 

Co-Owner of vVv Gaming | Recruiter at Riot Games | LinkedIn | @vVv_RobZ 

#2 Magnet

Magnet

Forum Athlete

• 167 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hopefully HotS will be picked up. If not it was a good run vVv

GT:(Xbox) LiL magnet, GT:(SC2) vVvMagnet(142) GT:(HoN) LiL_magnet GT:(LoL) LiLmagnet

Posted Image

#3 vVv WaKai

vVv WaKai

Forum VIP

• Honorary Member
  • 824 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

my best wishes to all of you! sad to see the division go as I've had many fond memory's there :( 

It's also sad to see sc2 itself dieing, was such a thriving e-sport!

Play Hard.
Happy gaming!

H8jUlk6.png

#4 vVv Magicmooch

vVv Magicmooch

PHIL - anthropist

• MMO
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

oh man, such a sad day :( I know that a lot of the players in the SC2 division were super passionate about what they did.  Hopefully it can be re-picked up or atleast HotS will be.  Best of luck to all of you SC2 guys and gals <3 may you continue to improve as players!

@vVvMagicmooch

Battletag: Magicmooch #1145

#5 Hiei

Hiei

Forum Athlete

• 139 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

my best wishes to all of you! sad to see the division go as I've had many fond memory's there :(

It's also sad to see sc2 itself dieing, was such a thriving e-sport!

SC2 is FAAAAAAR from dying, as show by this weekends events at IronSquid

Edited by Hiei, 28 January 2013 - 02:41 PM.

Inspired me truly you did from the start
To not be afraid, and just follow my heart.

#6 Fearful

Fearful

Forum All Star

• 428 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

SC2 is FAAAAAAR from dying, as show by this weekends events at IronSquid

Nestea was a beast! I wish I could have seen it

Posted Image

#7 Astraëa

Astraëa

Forum Athlete

• 139 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Damn it >< Community gamer division closed? Np I established on Starcraft! Starcraft division closed? Euh... Big problem, I've established on Starcraft XD Seriously, do you hate me that much :/? What am I going to do now in vVv...? Play League of Legends? I'm bad at it... Wait for Blizzard All-Stars? What if it never becomes competitive such as Guildwars 2? May be I could play Shootmania? Totally different game style, I'd need some time to readapt to an fps :/ May be I should just continue playing Starcraft anyways x) after all, Grubby and WhiteRa have no team, so why should I :D? Oh damn it I just noticed my name became grey :/

#8 Garcia

Garcia

I can finally use the Shoutbox

• 43 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Everyone from the SC2 division should keep their heads up. The saying goes as one door closes another opens!

It is unfortunate that SC2 could no longer be supported, but I think this is a move based on a forecast that could soon become very real.

Wish the SC2 players the best of luck in your futures and maybe this is the opportunity to try something new on vVv!
Twitter: @GarciaGaming | XBL GT: xTheGarcia | YouTube: GarciaVOD | Twitch: GarciaHD

#9 BabyToss

BabyToss

Ex-Aspire StarCraft 2

• 636 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

I see all the talk about "We will coordinate with you guys with a good-bye thread" was nothing else but a lie.

Well, the truth is, the division as a whole agreed to leave vVv due to lack of visible support from upper management, which was always busy with LoL community inhouses and other stuff, and SC2 was just a bother to them. Alas, here goes my statement, why I and the others decided to leave:

"As of today, I am no longer part of vVv Gaming. We decided to part ways on mutual agreement. Here is my personal statement:

"It is time to move on. I joined vVv Gaming in April 2012, with hopes to grow both as a person and a StarCraft 2 player. I ended up coming up with Aspire in the end, to create the desired environment not just for myself, but also for other like-minded people, who wished to pursue StarCraft 2 on more competitive level.

In the end, the direction, which vVv Gaming began to take in last three months was in contradiction to the old values, reasons why I joined the organization and promises from the management, which began directing focus in other way, with their actions and decisions. As such, I believe moving on is the best way for both sides. I personally cannot continue supporting an organization, which doesn't visibly support my division, my team and the game.

All in all, if it wasn't for me joining vVv Gaming, I'd never get to chance to meet some of the awesome people here, I would not learn to be a captain of a team. Despite of all, thank you for all that time. I and my team may be leaving vVv Gaming, but I am not leaving StarCraft 2."

"The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." - Unknown author

Follow me on Twitter: @BabyToss
Like me on Facebook: /BabyToss

#10 Astraëa

Astraëa

Forum Athlete

• 139 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

I see all the talk about "We will coordinate with you guys with a good-bye thread" was nothing else but a lie.

Well, the truth is, the division as a whole agreed to leave vVv due to lack of visible support from upper management, which was always busy with LoL community inhouses and other stuff, and SC2 was just a bother to them. Alas, here goes my statement, why I and the others decided to leave:

Kind of harsh :/ but if it is the truth they may have good reasons to that. I may not be able to know how you're feeling since you leaded the Aspire and now you see they took that Idea for LoL but... Anyways you did great while here, and if you are happy to be out after all well that's even better. 

Still I am sad to see you go, mostly because I originally came to vVv for GW2, and then seeing it didn't become competitive I came to the Starcraft thinking it would be great, but the community of SC2 wasn't even really active on their Own part of the forum Oo...

Best of wishes to you and all the other SC2 members leaving us.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vvv sc2, vvv gaming starcraft, vvv aspire, aspire starcraft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!