Sign in to follow this  
Sickness (former vVv)

Sickness (Udyr Bot)'s app

Step One: Fill out your forum profile completely. This includes all fields and includes uploading a picture of yourself. If you don’t have a picture, get one before you apply.

Due to an issue, I can't get an IRL pic for a few days. Talked to Doom about it.

Step Two: Post a new thread in the application section that answers the questions below (these can be copied and pasted).

• Name: Sean
  • Age (minimum 16): 18
  • Summoner Name: Udyr Bot (Trying to switch to Sickness when name change goes on sale)
  • How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom? : Medusa 
  • Who do you know currently in vVv Gaming? How do you know them? Anyone who has played inhouses in the past 2 days. Mainly Medusa, Star and Doom.
  • Why are you interested in joining vVv Gaming? A community full of great people to play with instead of solo.
  • Adding value is the most important aspect of being in vVv Gaming. From the following list, you must choose one method of adding value. We will evaluate your application based on how you tell us you're going to add value.
    • Game Guru (Subject Matter Expert): You know everything about a game. It’s not that you think you know everything about the game, it’s that everyone in the game respects your opinion. To prove that you are well respected, please share links to the game related forums proving your expertise.
    • Social Media Expert (Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, YouTube): You live on Social Media and are addicted with getting the latest information and sharing it with others. You can live on a diet of tweets, retweets, likes, follows, upvotes and comments.
    • Streamers: Link us to your stream so that we can determine if you are a good fit for vVv Gaming. (Working on setting this up)
    • Video Producer: Link us to your YouTube channel and other videos you've created so that we can determine if your content is a good fit for vVv Gaming.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/IIS1cknessII?feature=mhee
  • You must have and be able to use Mumble to join vVv Gaming. Are you able to log on and use mumble? (If you don't have Mumble, click here to get information on how to get and install it, and feel free to ask anyone on mumble if you need help configuring it). On it right now.
  • What games coming out are you looking forward to play and why? DayZ Standalone is the only game I'm even remotely looking forward to. Why? Because the intensity of that game is amazing. 
  • What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming? Collecting oddities and working out, I'm a fairly simple person.
  • What is your current ELO? Jumping around 1400-1500~ in S3 (Under 20 games played). Max around 1800~.
  • What kind of competitive tournament experience do you have? A few local LANS full of newbies. Nothing major.
  • Have you attended any national events (MLG, WCG, IPL)? Negatory
  • What was your best competitive moment? What was your worst? N/A
  • What do you hope to achieve, competitively? A few tournaments, if we do well, I wouldn't be against going for pro, though.
Edited by Sickness (Udyr Bot)

Hey Sickness, thanks for applying!

If you had to choose just one method of adding value, which one would it be and why? Or is there anything you absolutely love doing outside of the list that you feel would add value to vVv? We want our members engaged and passionate about their method of adding value, so we definitely want you focusing on something you can excel at :)

While we've already played a few games together last night... let me officially welcome you around these parts! You had a pretty sick Urgot. Really well played!

With that being said, I look forward to seeing you in Mumble a bit more often. What did you think of the way we are running our inhouses? What feedback can you give on how they can be further improved?

Hey Sickness, thanks for applying!

If you had to choose just one method of adding value, which one would it be and why? Or is there anything you absolutely love doing outside of the list that you feel would add value to vVv? We want our members engaged and passionate about their method of adding value, so we definitely want you focusing on something you can excel at :)

Well, realistically, 3 of them intertwine. Social Media Expert is the odd one out. I just have Reddit open constantly while at school. Which is a terrible idea, but, it happens.

I enjoy playing games, and I strive to be great and know a lot about the game in everyone I play. While I do that, I stream, and then upload the stream (or other tid bits) to youtube. 

So, I guess 'Game Guru' would be the primary one, but as I said, they all intertwine. 

I can't really think of anything outside of the list. I enjoy winning, finding out how win, and then spreading knowledge of how to win via uploading my success to youtube (and guides / general conversation etc aswell). That's my simple gameplan.

While we've already played a few games together last night... let me officially welcome you around these parts! You had a pretty sick Urgot. Really well played!

With that being said, I look forward to seeing you in Mumble a bit more often. What did you think of the way we are running our inhouses? What feedback can you give on how they can be further improved?

Thanks. 

Inhouses were pretty fun, though, I think a system needs to be setup to better try to 'balance' the teams.

Every game except 1 (because the enemy team trolled so we could catch back up) was a complete pubstomp one way or the other. I would go 16-2-7 or go 0-8-3.

Most of the time, visible elo and normal wins won't accurately describe a players skill. 

Well, realistically, 3 of them intertwine. Social Media Expert is the odd one out. I just have Reddit open constantly while at school. Which is a terrible idea, but, it happens.

I enjoy playing games, and I strive to be great and know a lot about the game in everyone I play. While I do that, I stream, and then upload the stream (or other tid bits) to youtube. 

So, I guess 'Game Guru' would be the primary one, but as I said, they all intertwine. 

I can't really think of anything outside of the list. I enjoy winning, finding out how win, and then spreading knowledge of how to win via uploading my success to youtube (and guides / general conversation etc aswell). That's my simple gameplan.

Thanks. 

Inhouses were pretty fun, though, I think a system needs to be setup to better try to 'balance' the teams.

Every game except 1 (because the enemy team trolled so we could catch back up) was a complete pubstomp one way or the other. I would go 16-2-7 or go 0-8-3.

Most of the time, visible elo and normal wins won't accurately describe a players skill. 

Awesome!  Sounds like a solid plan :)

Whenever you get the chance... upload a profile pic!

I actually do not own a camera or phone, so, getting a friend to take one for me lol.

Should have it tomorrow actually, meeting up with some dudes to 'celebrate' the start of our winter break. 

Edit - There, I got a temporary pic for you :P

Also, I think it would be best if we removed my 'values' of Social Media Expert, as I only really share things from Reddit, and I don't particularly use FB or Tweeter.

I'm also working on setting up my stream, my old computer couldn't handle it and I never got around to reinstalling the software needed. 

You've been doing a lot of great things to add value. Keep it up and you'll have your interview in no time! Play with you soon :} Good luck and stay active! <3

Hey guys, just an update. I am back, I just am having a slight internet / latency issue with my new living situation, and don't trust myself to play league on it. Not sure when it will be fixed, in the mean time I'm playing lots of GW2 / Minecraft and DayZ, so, if anyone wants to play any of that, you can probably find me in mumble or skype (iisicknessii).

As for a profile picture, I have an old one I found on a flash drive, but I'm wearing a mask, would that be OK as a temp one until I get a picture? I only ask because well, theres a mask, you can't really see me and i'm sure that's what you are wanting lol. I'm thinking the new soonest would be On/After Jan 12, as that's my birthday :D, and my grandmother will end up having a camera when she comes over. (The photo I had a few weeks ago, friend ended up dropping his phone and breaking it a day or so after he took it and was going to send it to me). 

Thanks for the update Udyr!

If you would like to join us, Medusa and I are going to be hosting a Q&A session for applicants tonight in Mumble at 9pm EST. If you have questions, or would like to chat, feel free to hop in!

Info: http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/topic/59601-new-idea-weekly-applicant-meeting-have-any-questions-come-chat-with-us-tonight-at-9pm-est/

Thanks for the update Udyr!

If you would like to join us, Medusa and I are going to be hosting a Q&A session for applicants tonight in Mumble at 9pm EST. If you have questions, or would like to chat, feel free to hop in!

Info: http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/topic/59601-new-idea-weekly-applicant-meeting-have-any-questions-come-chat-with-us-tonight-at-9pm-est/

I might hop in and record it so I can play it back later, and just listen for a question I didn't think of (I don't have any questions). I sadly won't be able to make it, plans with some friends tonight. 

Boom look at that smexy mug!

This! Looking forward to hopefully getting a game or two in with you soon, Udyr. It's been just over a month since you've applied. How have you enjoyed the vVv community? Has anybody been exceedingly helpful to you in game or mumble? Anything we can do better?

This! Looking forward to hopefully getting a game or two in with you soon, Udyr. It's been just over a month since you've applied. How have you enjoyed the vVv community? Has anybody been exceedingly helpful to you in game or mumble? Anything we can do better?

I should be at the in houses tonight, so hopefully we can play then.

I've been enjoying it a lot, almost to the point where its a bad thing. Been having to try to make time between playing with you guys, and playing with my other friends, resulting in my complaining about there not being enough time in the day.

Uh, I've not really needed a whole lot of help, so my experience in question asking is limited for me to be able to appoint someone as 'exceedingly' helpful, but, you, Medusa, Doomhammer, and Onixhawk were all very helpful whenever I've asked.