Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Tahvvy : (23 October 2014 - 01:05 AM) or trick2g
@  vVv Tahvvy : (23 October 2014 - 01:05 AM) like watching anime
@  vVv Tahvvy : (23 October 2014 - 01:05 AM) someone find me a way to get photoshop for free while i do things that arent productive
@  vVv SilverSpoon : (22 October 2014 - 11:54 PM) Upvoted and Commented
@  vVv SilverSpoon : (22 October 2014 - 11:43 PM) Link me so I may do work!
@  Grits : (22 October 2014 - 11:24 PM) @vVv Sun Down Upvoted!
@  vVv Daviepants : (22 October 2014 - 11:15 PM) @vVv The Doctor Mike, retweet the last tweet instead of the first one, I forgot direct reddit links downvote (such a stupid concept they have lol)
@  vVv Sun Down : (22 October 2014 - 11:15 PM) ALMOST TOP PAGE REDDIT CMON FRIENDS goo.gl/47wT3q
@  vVv Daviepants : (22 October 2014 - 10:46 PM) I had a team call me vVv Saltypants tonight on League LOL (i wasn't even salty)
@  vVv dissent : (22 October 2014 - 10:45 PM) Thanks Shin :)
@  vVv Falcodile : (22 October 2014 - 10:24 PM) guys, I'm testing my stream, pls tell me how it looks http://www.twitch.tv/falcodile
@  vVv Bizkit : (22 October 2014 - 10:17 PM) Lolol woops read wrong. thought said attend. haha but nah vall will predominantly
@  Shin Milk : (22 October 2014 - 10:16 PM) nice dissent thats awesome! :D
@  vVv dissent : (22 October 2014 - 10:07 PM) Won a Smash 3DS tournament today, woo :)
@  vVv Twitter : (22 October 2014 - 10:00 PM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): No team but want to compete in LoL? Check out Season 3 of our improved Amateur Draft League! http://t.co/p6NVALSztF http://t.co/ZjIqB0ruFV
@  vVv Buzz : (22 October 2014 - 09:59 PM) Hey will you do me a favor and upvote this post? It's the season 3 ADL announcement and we could use the help! http://goo.gl/47wT3q
@  vVv Flintelock : (22 October 2014 - 09:59 PM) http://goo.gl/47wT3q Upvotes pls
@  vVv Viva : (22 October 2014 - 09:33 PM) @Canadian y u break it
@  Canadian : (22 October 2014 - 09:26 PM) The "we're looking for more staff members" link is broken as a heads up
@  vVv Vall : (22 October 2014 - 08:54 PM) give me credit here :(

Photo

Malphite support

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 vVv SugarBear

vVv SugarBear

President

• Executives
  • 8,734 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

Dunno if anyone has tried this or not, I haven't, but I've gone up against it a few times. It actually works very well. I'd say support Malphite actually rivals Alistar. His ult is great for securing a kill for your carry, and he has a slow that works great like Nunu's snowball. His shield also makes him pretty much invincible in lane.

The only thing is he's so good in other roles, the only time I'd pick him to support is if:

1. He doesn't get banned.
2. You can first pick him and no one else on your team wants him.

#2 is especially important because it lets you deny a malphite on the other team.
gallery_46889_1118_190543.gif
"i would like to consider myself a very succesful jerkoff" - vVv sK1ppY

#2 Indifferent

Indifferent

Ya Boi

• 2,427 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

All I do is use Malphite as Bot Support.

Ppl laugh at me. Then you post this thread. $%^$fuCK$$da$$HaTeRzz&#$#
Posted Image
vVv SugarBear (24 January 2012 - 12:39 PM): @Rapture if you make GM by 2013 I will pay for your copy of SC2

#3 ReV

ReV

Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

• 1,421 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

Malphite support is pretty good but his top lane, and his jungle to a lesser extent, are so dominant that there's no point in doing it when he scales so well.

Posted Image

#4 vVv Anaxamander

vVv Anaxamander

vVv Historian

• League of Legends
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

Malphite is somewhat item dependent past early game. You are really gimping yourself hard if you let the carry get all the minions. Alistar on the other hand scales well without any items.The best supports, in my opinion, are those that scale well without items.

#5 vVv SugarBear

vVv SugarBear

President

• Executives
  • 8,734 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

Malphite is somewhat item dependent past early game. You are really gimping yourself hard if you let the carry get all the minions. Alistar on the other hand scales well without any items.The best supports, in my opinion, are those that scale well without items.

So it might only make sense when you are worried about a Malphite counter. I still think in low elo games it's very viable.

#6 Bluetoes

Bluetoes

Lurker

• 98 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

Scariest bot lane malph I have ever seen was a Malph/Soraka lane. Being able to endlessly spam Q pretty much wins lane.

#7 ReV

ReV

• 1,421 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

So it might only make sense when you are worried about a Malphite counter. I still think in low elo games it's very viable.

Anything is viable in low elo

Posted Image

#8 ShowNoHope

ShowNoHope

Active Forum Contributor

• 213 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

Problem with malphite support is that he's squishier than a cottonball and has NO escape but has to play forward to do anything meaning he is a free kill all day errday.
Posted Image

#9 PandaIRL

PandaIRL

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

As has already been said, Malphite becomes very item dependant in the mid to late game in order to not get blown up in team fights. Champions like Leona and Alistar don't require items to be effective in team fights, and Malphite's ulti puts him into the middle of the enemy team, and his debuffs require him to literally be in the middle of the enemy team as well, pushing focus towards him. With only double gp10s and possible glacial shroud, you'd get instagibbed. As far as a guarenteed kill, Sona's ultimate has a larger AoE radius and much further range, Leona's ultimate also has a larger radius and neither require them to be in the middle of the team. As well, I feel like this set-up would be hard countered by a sustain comp bottom lane, anything with Soraka, Sona, or possibly Taric. Raka would be able to keep Malphite's shield down by Infusing him (750 range on Infuse, 625 on Siesmic Shard. Sona's Hymn of Valor is 700 range.)

TLDR: Yes, it's viable, it'll might even win the lane, but without items your mid and late game will suffer horribly. As far as denying malphite to the enemy team, why not just counterpick him? Am I the only one that doesn't find Malphite very scary? :S

#10 Beast-

Beast-

Ex-vVv Member

• 579 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:56 AM

Im honestly terrified of malphite panda LOL
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 vVv SugarBear

vVv SugarBear

President

• Executives
  • 8,734 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

As has already been said, Malphite becomes very item dependant in the mid to late game in order to not get blown up in team fights. Champions like Leona and Alistar don't require items to be effective in team fights, and Malphite's ulti puts him into the middle of the enemy team, and his debuffs require him to literally be in the middle of the enemy team as well, pushing focus towards him. With only double gp10s and possible glacial shroud, you'd get instagibbed. As far as a guarenteed kill, Sona's ultimate has a larger AoE radius and much further range, Leona's ultimate also has a larger radius and neither require them to be in the middle of the team. As well, I feel like this set-up would be hard countered by a sustain comp bottom lane, anything with Soraka, Sona, or possibly Taric. Raka would be able to keep Malphite's shield down by Infusing him (750 range on Infuse, 625 on Siesmic Shard. Sona's Hymn of Valor is 700 range.)

TLDR: Yes, it's viable, it'll might even win the lane, but without items your mid and late game will suffer horribly. As far as denying malphite to the enemy team, why not just counterpick him? Am I the only one that doesn't find Malphite very scary? :S

Well said, even if it is pink. The reason you wouldn't counterpick Malphite is if your team isn't confident in their ability to play the counterpick champ.

#12 ReV

ReV

• 1,421 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

Malphite doesnt really have any "counters." The closest one is probably vlad just because he has sustain. Even against AP champs like Rumble or Kennen, you can just max Q, build chalice and still win the lane

Posted Image

#13 vVv SugarBear

vVv SugarBear

President

• Executives
  • 8,734 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

Also for people who say anything is viable at low elo, doesn't necessarily apply to supports. You can carry with anything probably, but if you are supporting then you really have to stretch the limits of the role to carry a bad team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!