cwalk

Recruitment method that you all should be using

So while we are waiting for gw2 to come out it is no suprise that many of us are playing games to give us our e-heroin fix for the mean time.

Good news is we are not the only ones, personally I have come across a lot of people playing smite that are going to get gw2 when it comes out.

So what I want you all to do is the next time your playing a game make sure you have vVv before your name if possible, then when you are dominating the game have this ready to ctrl+V into the chat box...

"vVv gaming sponsored by STEELSERIES is currently recruiting for Guild Wars 2 go to vvv-gaming.com to apply"

Seriously ctrl+c and ctrl+v, recruiting cannot get any easier, everyone should be doing this every time they are dominating in a match, and btw dominating is a key word there, do not put this up when you are playing like shit, put it up when your like 20-0 in lol, people will shit there pants thinking your some professional sponsored gaming god and flock right over.

If every one is doing this we should be getting a good amount of apps fairly easily.

Edited by vVv cwalk

From what I heard in the mumble chat the other day, when were in GW2, we shouldn't be in town (or wherever else) advertising our guild.

Does this go along those same lines..or not? Even though vVv goes to forums and recruits, it's different because we're targeting people on GW2 forums Before the game is released. I'm just a little confused as to where this stands along those lines.

Ok so LJ does not want us to be the guild that is spamming trade chat every 20 seconds, and he does not want us to spam general chat either, but if you are playing an mmo, and you are doing really good lets say 20kb and like 3 deaths, in a battle ground feel free to spam the message, or when you are in a 5 man dungeon or w/e, we just do not want mass spamming over general channels.

LJ doesn't want people to be SPAMMING in General chat, no one likes that shit.

What cwalk is doing is 100% fine imo; games are about 30min long and I'm assuming he only says it once

So yea, if you guys are playing something other than GW2 that will allow you to do something like cwalk is doing, I say go for it.

Edited by vVv Zhuu

I'm not sure this is a good idea. I fear it will get abused too easy. Why not just send invites out to the good players OR whisper them? I am not a fan of EVER putting anything in general chat. it feels lazy and impersonal. I mean, would you EVER respond to one of those? I wouldn't.

Not that it really matters because I am from EU and wont get a chance to play with you guys but, I was a raid leader and officer in a major EU WOW guild and tbh, what you are suggesting is... lame? It comes across as the scribblings of a 15 year old with an epeen to prove. Players should be headhunted for a real team, not advertised to and whoever is better at bigging them self up wins a place. My guild never posted in general or ever even mentioned the guild at all, if you did and we found out, I.E. In a pug "Yeah well I'm from xxxxx so i'm in charge noobs" or whatever, I'd just kick you, simple as. If you want to set up a real close knit, dedicated team that represent you well, you can't set the bar with chat spam. Just my input, take it or leave it.

Edited by Bluetoes

I think a "passive" way to recruit in LOL would be to put this as your status message, "GW2 App at vvv-gaming.com" I just tried it and it fits... While you are playing league add some friends that are legit and spark up a conversation with them. Ask what games they play and when they see your status, "GW2 App at vvv-gaming.com", you can put a plug in for vVv and tell them about GW2 and the site... Just an idea :)

Edited by Guttzu

Not that it really matters because I am from EU and wont get a chance to play with you guys but, I was a raid leader and officer in a major EU WOW guild and tbh, what you are suggesting is... lame? It comes across as the scribblings of a 15 year old with an epeen to prove. Players should be headhunted for a real team, not advertised to and whoever is better at bigging them self up wins a place. My guild never posted in general or ever even mentioned the guild at all, if you did and we found out, I.E. In a pug "Yeah well I'm from xxxxx so i'm in charge noobs" or whatever, I'd just kick you, simple as. If you want to set up a real close knit, dedicated team that represent you well, you can't set the bar with chat spam. Just my input, take it or leave it.

Thiss.

I dont like it when people do it in pvp, it makes me feel like they're bragging LOL.

I think that putting us out there in the general chats wouldnt be a bad thing, it'd show we're open to a wide audience ;3.

But never spam that stuff, I'll agree it's just annoying when you fill up the chat box xD.

With LJ on this one, spamming any type of chat usually attracts the wrong type of people anyways. Have experience with this in GW1 and WoW, out of 10 - 20 players that you may bring in only 1 or 2 are worth a shit and fit our mold. It is best group with random people keeping an eye out for those who display qualities that fit our mold, those are the ones who would be more receptive to vVv and will stick around.

Random crap in chat brings random crap for recruits, do you honestly want random crap in our guild?

I don't think this would attract the kind of members the vVv community would like to recruit. Whenever I recruit for my clan, I aim to bring quality, not quantity. Even though this could, yes, bring the whole team you are playing with into the clan, many of them will, more than likely, be low-quality players. Low-quality in terms of skill, maturity, loyality, and, at times, common sense. When the people you recruit are recruited through a low-quality method...how can the recruits be high-quality? Personal messages, getting to know the players, and then recruiting them is much more safe for the future of clan.