Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Blewpanda : (23 November 2014 - 03:52 PM) its sad
@  Blewpanda : (23 November 2014 - 03:52 PM) cuz he has no hands
@  Blewpanda : (23 November 2014 - 03:51 PM) What about the water boy?
@  vVv SugarBear : (23 November 2014 - 03:50 PM) All hands meeting in 10 minutes! Need all staff present and accounted for :)
@  vVv Maniacal : (23 November 2014 - 02:57 PM) Hey vVv, how is everyone?
@  vVv BuLLeT : (23 November 2014 - 01:47 PM) @vVv sK1ppY hi
@  vVv sK1ppY : (23 November 2014 - 01:23 PM) KKRREEEWWEEElll
@  vVv sK1ppY : (23 November 2014 - 01:20 PM) yyoooo
@  vVv WooTang : (23 November 2014 - 11:35 AM) http://www.vvv-gamin...cod-cgns-or-8s/
@  vVv WooTang : (23 November 2014 - 11:34 AM) To all vVv Members/Applicants we are seeing if you believe that we should bring back CNG's or 8's back to AW! Please click this and post your feedback, all opinions are welcome.
@  vVv WooTang : (23 November 2014 - 11:32 AM) and I will be on CoD soon
@  vVv WooTang : (23 November 2014 - 11:31 AM) @vVv Th0r hey man can you look at the survey page and look at the last post I made and tell me if is a good idea
@  vVv Th0r : (23 November 2014 - 11:26 AM) Anyone wanna play CoD?
@  vVv SilverSpoon : (23 November 2014 - 11:24 AM) Anyone other then me get into the Nosgoth Beta? =D
@  vVv Sun Down : (23 November 2014 - 11:10 AM) Spam always sneaks in but usually i manage to snag it
@  vVv C Wide : (23 November 2014 - 09:09 AM) There are usually a few spammers everyday. I check the forums periodically and will neutralize those pesky spammers! Let's try not to draw attention to them in the shoutbox though. If I haven't gotten to them after about 30 minutes, shoot me a PM. Thanks Cody <3
@  iPhaNaTix : (23 November 2014 - 08:44 AM) anyone up for some games of LoL? trying to practice my ADC a lot more
@  Humanity : (23 November 2014 - 08:43 AM) ?
@  iPhaNaTix : (23 November 2014 - 08:43 AM) just got a penta with cait, time to buy her a skin
@  Humanity : (23 November 2014 - 05:39 AM) aight

Photo

Pretty Bold Statement...

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Guttzu

Guttzu

Active Forum Contributor

• 269 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:15 AM

So after hearing Jerry talk briefly about Team Paradigm I have been looking around their website...

This statement should spark fires underneath everyone's asses... Team Paradigm "Leading GW2 PVP Resource"... I also noticed that their Profession Discussion thread doesn't seem too "active" with recent posts...

Here is what appears to be the main competition... Game time vVv!!!

#2 iDragon UK

iDragon UK

I need to post more!

• 36 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

Only time will tell who is #1 on the battlefield.

vVv sadly has a past history of aiming for the top of an MMO, but then leaving 2-3 months later to the next MMO.

Edited by iDragon UK, 17 July 2012 - 04:26 AM.

#3 vVv Spike

vVv Spike

The Community Troll

• League of Legends
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:08 AM

Only time will tell who is #1 on the battlefield.

vVv sadly has a past history of aiming for the top of an MMO, but then leaving 2-3 months later to the next MMO.

To be honest, vVv goes where the crowd goes. Is WH, Rift, SW:TOR, etc. relevant anymore?

Twitter: @vVv_Spike

Summoner Name:  vVv Spike A

Primary Roles:  ADC and Support.

#4 Fearless (ex vVv)

Fearless (ex vVv)

Active Forum Contributor

• 151 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:05 AM

Nope, they're not. Most were never actually relevant. Though SW:TOR sure tried.

If GW2 is anything like GW1 then the competition will be fierce and we have our work cut out for us. It should be fun :)

Edited by IVFearless, 17 July 2012 - 07:06 AM.

#5 Seiryss

Seiryss

Forum Commando

• 722 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

I feel like once we get our content production rolling more assertively, (which will be the case going forward from what I understood from the meeting) we will have little issue holding our own, both online and in game, as "the best GW2 PvP resource."

That said, Team Paradigm is great and I respect their presence in the GW2 community - competition like that only makes quality of gaming better. :)

#6 iDragon UK

iDragon UK

I need to post more!

• 36 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

To be honest, vVv goes where the crowd goes. Is WH, Rift, SW:TOR, etc. relevant anymore?

I'm just saying, I've never seen anything huge in the MMO Division from vVv. You guys never went into WoW, GW1, or any other big MMOs that lasted more then a few months of launch hype.

vVv had a guild in rift and Aion, but I heard something happened and the guilds fell apart. I also heard your leader(s) don't stay in the game very long either. I understand you want to "Stay with the crowd" but how do you expect to make a name for your self in the MMO World if you keep leaving for the next fad?

#7 Fearless (ex vVv)

Fearless (ex vVv)

Active Forum Contributor

• 151 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

You bring up a great point, consistancy is the key to success in an endeavor like this. Still being a top guild a year into the game is worth a lot more then being #1 for a month and the quiting.

I might be off base but my impression is that vVv is more eSports oriented then mass gaming oriented. It then makes sense for them to not put a whole lot of effort into games with little competitive potential. Hopefully GW2 will be different.

#8 vVv DarkDante

vVv DarkDante

GW2 Officer

• MMO
  • 399 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

I'm just saying, I've never seen anything huge in the MMO Division from vVv. You guys never went into WoW, GW1, or any other big MMOs that lasted more then a few months of launch hype.

vVv had a guild in rift and Aion, but I heard something happened and the guilds fell apart. I also heard your leader(s) don't stay in the game very long either. I understand you want to "Stay with the crowd" but how do you expect to make a name for your self in the MMO World if you keep leaving for the next fad?

While I agree with some of your points I still think the game itself needs to be fun, engaging and overall attracting for players to stay and thus for a guild to stay active. The MMO's you mentioned initially had promise but at the end of the day players lost interest in playing due to various reason; be it game mechanics, lack of content (raids / PvP) or what have you.

Our latest attempt (SWTOR) flopped (in my eyes) because of the lack of decent PvP, seeing that we (vVv) are primarily PvP focused that was a major issue for the majority of the guild. In the end, the lack of sustainable PvP content was the demise of the guild.

Its not logical to keep throwing resources, time and energy at keeping a guild viable when you lack a player base and the game type your perusing (in this case PvP) is lacking, broken or otherwise not enjoyable.
Posted Image

#9 iDragon UK

iDragon UK

I need to post more!

• 36 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

You bring up a great point, consistancy is the key to success in an endeavor like this. Still being a top guild a year into the game is worth a lot more then being #1 for a month and the quiting.

I might be off base but my impression is that vVv is more eSports oriented then mass gaming oriented. It then makes sense for them to not put a whole lot of effort into games with little competitive potential. Hopefully GW2 will be different.

I understand where they are going also, I'm not saying its bad its just not my style I guess.

I just don't understand why they didn't get into WoW even it was at its prime and Arena was good. It was even on the MLG Circuit for awhile and they never went after a team (That I know of) and they never had any big guilds in it either (That I know of).

GW1 was a pretty big E-Sports game for its time. It was overlooked because of WoW, but GvG was great! GW2 is going to overshadow WoW (Hopefully) and will be looked at as an E-Sports now. I just hope more gaming communitys will look at GW2 and see how much potential it has. Arenanet even said its trying to work with their players to make SPvP an E-Sport.

While I agree with some of your points I still think the game itself needs to be fun, engaging and overall attracting for players to stay and thus for a guild to stay active. The MMO's you mentioned initially had promise but at the end of the day players lost interest in playing due to various reason; be it game mechanics, lack of content (raids / PvP) or what have you.

Our latest attempt (SWTOR) flopped (in my eyes) because of the lack of decent PvP, seeing that we (vVv) are primarily PvP focused that was a major issue for the majority of the guild. In the end, the lack of sustainable PvP content was the demise of the guild.

Its not logical to keep throwing resources, time and energy at keeping a guild viable when you lack a player base and the game type your perusing (in this case PvP) is lacking, broken or otherwise not enjoyable.

So your are saying WoW and GW1 didn't have a strong enough fan base to do anything? I'm sorry but this sounds like a personal opinion and not an honest reason as to why vVv never picked up players / teams. If you are reffering to Rift, Aion, SWToR, or other MMOs then yes I Agree, but I'm talking about WoW (Still #1 MMO that I know of, this is not an opinion) and GW1 (Had a pretty good player base / count for awhile even for how old it is).

Edited by iDragon UK, 17 July 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#10 cwalk

cwalk

Active Forum Contributor

• 407 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

True, but there should be some residual support imo for the players that join vVv, but still play those games, at least a forum and the option of one of the mmo players to take over the whole shabang to free up the main admins to work on the next mmo.

This can be a really important thing, because there are a lot of people out there that are dedicated to game "X" and want to be in a guild that has a history of sticking it out with mmo's.

Edited by vVv cwalk, 17 July 2012 - 09:40 AM.

#11 vVv SugarBear

vVv SugarBear

President

• Executives
  • 8,928 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

So your are saying WoW and GW1 didn't have a strong enough fan base to do anything? I'm sorry but this sounds like a personal opinion and not an honest reason as to why vVv never picked up players / teams. If you are reffering to Rift, Aion, SWToR, or other MMOs then yes I Agree, but I'm talking about WoW (Still #1 MMO that I know of, this is not an opinion) and GW1 (Had a pretty good player base / count for awhile even for how old it is).

My understanding is that we never picked up a WoW or GW1 team for the same reason we don't have a competitive Quake or CoD4 team. Yes the games are popular and competitive, but they don't bring anything new to the table. Why invest in a game that will eventually be replaced by something new and shiny? And how are we supposed to predict what game will be that new and shiny game that makes everyone excited again? That's why I believe we've followed the trail of breadcrumbs from Aion to Rift to SWTOR to now GW2.
gallery_46889_1118_190543.gif
"i would like to consider myself a very succesful jerkoff" - vVv sK1ppY

#12 Guest_vVv Ambush_*

Guest_vVv Ambush_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

every community is ran by leaders and that community will always fallow said leaders because they are running it, no matter if it was personal preference to switch games or fallowing where ever the hype was if your apart of the community and decide to stay loyal to the community you will switch with them, and that is what build communities to grow in name and recognition, not trying to build a community in a game and putting time resources and man power into something that will last only a few month to maybe even a year, the leaders are in there positions for a reason and will always know what is best for the community, so i ave a question dragon are you here because you are loyal to vVv or are you commenting on this thread to sort of say bad mouth the leaders of this community which is what is sounds like to me and i am sorry if i am not understanding you correctly but this is how it seems to me

#13 vVv LordJerith

vVv LordJerith

Co-Owner

• Executives
  • 6,243 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

I'm going to put this rest right here. Let me make it clear that we are a business. There was no reason to get involved in WoW or GW1, as there was no business in it. By the time we started our PC division in 2008, it was far too late to join those games. WoW is not something I find interesting, and if I don't support it, or find value in it, then we don't support it. Period.

The fact that we do not stick around for dying games is our STRENGTH. We're agile, flexible and innovative, and we can move into new spaces very quickly. We always look to the future, and stick to where we are going to get the best results for our efforts.

I hope this helps.
LordJerith
Director of Rioter Relations, Riot Games
Co-Owner, vVv Gaming
Entertain.Educate.Dominate

Follow me on Twitter @LordJerith

#14 Rinzler

Rinzler

Forum Commando

• 536 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

Regardless of what the state of Team Paradigm's forums are, they've produced more content than any other team by a margin of "not even #@!%ing close". But you're absolutely right. This is the wake up call.

#15 Fearless (ex vVv)

Fearless (ex vVv)

Active Forum Contributor

• 151 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Which is good. As was stated, competition = motivation to crush your opponent.

Looking forward to doing so this weekend.

#16 iDragon UK

iDragon UK

I need to post more!

• 36 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

My understanding is that we never picked up a WoW or GW1 team for the same reason we don't have a competitive Quake or CoD4 team. Yes the games are popular and competitive, but they don't bring anything new to the table. Why invest in a game that will eventually be replaced by something new and shiny? And how are we supposed to predict what game will be that new and shiny game that makes everyone excited again? That's why I believe we've followed the trail of breadcrumbs from Aion to Rift to SWTOR to now GW2.

I know what you mean, I guess in my eyes I see a "Good" guild for being #1 for a long time, but others might see vVv be the underdog or "brand new" to the game and climbing the ranks. I guess you gotta think about what can bring more website viewers, more players, and the ability to make content.

True, but there should be some residual support imo for the players that join vVv, but still play those games, at least a forum and the option of one of the mmo players to take over the whole shabang to free up the main admins to work on the next mmo.

This can be a really important thing, because there are a lot of people out there that are dedicated to game "X" and want to be in a guild that has a history of sticking it out with mmo's.

Very true, hopefully vVv will support all their MMO players no matter what game.

every community is ran by leaders and that community will always fallow said leaders because they are running it, no matter if it was personal preference to switch games or fallowing where ever the hype was if your apart of the community and decide to stay loyal to the community you will switch with them, and that is what build communities to grow in name and recognition, not trying to build a community in a game and putting time resources and man power into something that will last only a few month to maybe even a year, the leaders are in there positions for a reason and will always know what is best for the community, so i ave a question dragon are you here because you are loyal to vVv or are you commenting on this thread to sort of say bad mouth the leaders of this community which is what is sounds like to me and i am sorry if i am not understanding you correctly but this is how it seems to me

No offense but I'm not here to be "loyal" to vVv. I have no desire to join vVv (or apply w/e). I'm here just to talk about GW2. I sign up on every GW2 site/forums that I can so I can meet and talk to other GW2 players. Help get my name out there and make new friends or enemy I can practice SPvP with. vVv gaming (From what I heard) is a community website so I don't think everyone who comes on here is just here to "be loyal yo vVv" I'm not trying to BM anyone, I just wanted to simply talk or have a debate about GW2. Get some peoples gears turning about GW2 and get more people involved about GW2.

I'm going to put this rest right here. Let me make it clear that we are a business. There was no reason to get involved in WoW or GW1, as there was no business in it. By the time we started our PC division in 2008, it was far too late to join those games. WoW is not something I find interesting, and if I don't support it, or find value in it, then we don't support it. Period.

The fact that we do not stick around for dying games is our STRENGTH. We're agile, flexible and innovative, and we can move into new spaces very quickly. We always look to the future, and stick to where we are going to get the best results for our efforts.

I hope this helps.

Thats also understandable, I didn't know you guys didn't start your PC division till 2008. In 2008, yes I would say that was too late to start in WoW or GW1 so I can see why you didn't try, well hopefully you didn't try. I would say that is a Strength, ya some guilds/community die because they try to hold onto their baby games. I just think you could of kept a guild in those game just to work on your name in the MMO scene, but hey thats just my opinion and I worry too much about the image I have on others.

#17 vVv LordJerith

vVv LordJerith

Co-Owner

• Executives
  • 6,243 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

When you're the most accomplished console organization in the world with Top 4 LAN finishes on 4 continents, I can assure you that LAST thing we worry about is eRep. :-)
LordJerith
Director of Rioter Relations, Riot Games
Co-Owner, vVv Gaming
Entertain.Educate.Dominate

Follow me on Twitter @LordJerith

#18 Guest_vVv Ambush_*

Guest_vVv Ambush_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

No offense but I'm not here to be "loyal" to vVv. I have no desire to join vVv (or apply w/e). I'm here just to talk about GW2. I sign up on every GW2 site/forums that I can so I can meet and talk to other GW2 players. Help get my name out there and make new friends or enemy I can practice SPvP with. vVv gaming (From what I heard) is a community website so I don't think everyone who comes on here is just here to "be loyal yo vVv" I'm not trying to BM anyone, I just wanted to simply talk or have a debate about GW2. Get some peoples gears turning about GW2 and get more people involved about GW2.

never said you were here to be loyal, it was a response to what you have been saying that vVv is wrong in switch to each game and not creating a name for them selves or anything like that, and if you are here to talk about gw2 then please refrain from talking, stating or telling hearsay about vVv that is negative in any such way and about the people who come here no they dont have to be loyal to vVv but there is a point of being respectful and disrespectful and you are quit frankly to me on the border

#19 iDragon UK

iDragon UK

I need to post more!

• 36 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

When you're the most accomplished console organization in the world with Top 4 LAN finishes on 4 continents, I can assure you that LAST thing we worry about is eRep. :-)

I see, I mean this with no disrespect but in my eyes all I see is this community is good on Console, which is cool. Then I want to know what you've done in the MMO Scene of things. I guess I say that because I don't play console, so even having top 1 lan finishes doesn't really sway me (or grab my attention). I'm an MMO player so MMO background / history is what I look at. Some MMO players will look at any background and go for it, but I guess I'm an odd duckling and would rather have a background in MMO (Big or small) then console gaming.

I see, I mean this with no disrespect but in my eyes all I see is this community is good on Console, which is cool. Then I want to know what you've done in the MMO Scene of things. I guess I say that because I don't play console, so even having top 1 lan finishes doesn't really sway me (or grab my attention). I'm an MMO player so MMO background / history is what I look at. Some MMO players will look at any background and go for it, but I guess I'm an odd duckling and would rather have a background in MMO (Big or small) then console gaming.

" so i ave a question dragon are you here because you are loyal to vVv or are you commenting on this thread to sort of say bad mouth the leaders of this community which is what is sounds like to me and i am sorry if i am not understanding you correctly but this is how it seems to me"

See you did say it... But anyway... I see where your coming from.. You are just trying to I guess "Defend" your home from an "invader". I'm not here to talk trash or "troll" I'm here to talk about GW2 and vVv is trying to get in the GW2 scene so it doesn't hurt to talk about your flaws. If you don't allow people to point out what you do right and wrong, how can you fix your wrongs?

Edited by iDragon UK, 17 July 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#20 Guest_vVv Ambush_*

Guest_vVv Ambush_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

" so i ave a question dragon are you here because you are loyal to vVv or are you commenting on this thread to sort of say bad mouth the leaders of this community which is what is sounds like to me and i am sorry if i am not understanding you correctly but this is how it seems to me"

;) See you did say it... But anyway... I see where your coming from.. You are just trying to I guess "Defend" your home from an "invader". I'm not here to talk trash or "troll" I'm here to talk about GW2 and vVv is trying to get in the GW2 scene so it doesn't hurt to talk about your flaws. If you don't allow people to point out what you do right and wrong, how can you fix your wrongs? :D

ok yes i did say that i am sorry and i guess you can talk about it but what make it that you can decide what we are doing is wrong or right? also there are 2 ways of doing this i feel the way you have done it was the wrong way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!