Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Stitches : (07 July 2015 - 06:55 PM)

The amounts of time I get flooded on BLOPS2 is unreal

@  vVv TipoBajito : (07 July 2015 - 06:51 PM)

@vVv Kraft CoD

@  vVv BoDYRoTx : (07 July 2015 - 06:49 PM)

@vVv Ballack thats just too many letters :P

@  vVv BoDYRoTx : (07 July 2015 - 06:49 PM)

:bodyrotx:

@  vVv BoDYRoTx : (07 July 2015 - 06:48 PM)

@kosta yep :P

@  vVv BoDYRoTx : (07 July 2015 - 06:48 PM)

Its on there homie :)

@  Soap : (07 July 2015 - 06:31 PM)

@vVv BoDYRoTx now you can have your stream on the website ;)

@  vVv Ballack : (07 July 2015 - 06:28 PM)

Still waiting for my mouse pad I can't wait to get it

@  vVv Ballack : (07 July 2015 - 06:27 PM)

his name should be vvv Bodyrtox (ex-vvv_

@  kosta : (07 July 2015 - 06:20 PM)

it would mutate us into some thing astronomical in perportion....

@  vVv SugarBear : (07 July 2015 - 06:20 PM)

Unless you guys reach critical mass and we have a marinuclear meltdown

@  kosta : (07 July 2015 - 06:19 PM)

hey the more marines the better makes us strong!

@  kosta : (07 July 2015 - 06:18 PM)

indeed he does

@  vVv SugarBear : (07 July 2015 - 06:12 PM)

Woot! Body has a tag again!~

@  vVv Kraft : (07 July 2015 - 06:03 PM)

What games are at UMG Dallas?

@  vVv BoDYRoTx : (07 July 2015 - 05:58 PM)

I love the Mouse pad, its huge, but very badass!

@  Stitches : (07 July 2015 - 05:54 PM)

Hi Jerry

it was only$50

I bought one just to play gears 1 =p

@  vVv LordJerith : (07 July 2015 - 05:53 PM)

:-)

Photo

Pretty Bold Statement...

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Guttzu

Guttzu

Forum Commando

• 269 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:15 AM

So after hearing Jerry talk briefly about Team Paradigm I have been looking around their website...

This statement should spark fires underneath everyone's asses... Team Paradigm "Leading GW2 PVP Resource"... I also noticed that their Profession Discussion thread doesn't seem too "active" with recent posts...

Here is what appears to be the main competition... Game time vVv!!!

#2 iDragon UK

iDragon UK

I can finally use the Shoutbox

• 36 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

Only time will tell who is #1 on the battlefield.

vVv sadly has a past history of aiming for the top of an MMO, but then leaving 2-3 months later to the next MMO.

Edited by iDragon UK, 17 July 2012 - 04:26 AM.

#3 vVv Spike

vVv Spike

The Community Troll

• League of Legends
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:08 AM

Only time will tell who is #1 on the battlefield.

vVv sadly has a past history of aiming for the top of an MMO, but then leaving 2-3 months later to the next MMO.

To be honest, vVv goes where the crowd goes. Is WH, Rift, SW:TOR, etc. relevant anymore?

vvv%20spike%20a_na_104_1.png

#4 Fearless (ex vVv)

Fearless (ex vVv)

Forum Athlete

• 151 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:05 AM

Nope, they're not. Most were never actually relevant. Though SW:TOR sure tried.

If GW2 is anything like GW1 then the competition will be fierce and we have our work cut out for us. It should be fun :)

Edited by IVFearless, 17 July 2012 - 07:06 AM.

#5 Seiryss

Seiryss

Forum VIP

• 722 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

I feel like once we get our content production rolling more assertively, (which will be the case going forward from what I understood from the meeting) we will have little issue holding our own, both online and in game, as "the best GW2 PvP resource."

That said, Team Paradigm is great and I respect their presence in the GW2 community - competition like that only makes quality of gaming better. :)

#6 iDragon UK

iDragon UK

• 36 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

To be honest, vVv goes where the crowd goes. Is WH, Rift, SW:TOR, etc. relevant anymore?

I'm just saying, I've never seen anything huge in the MMO Division from vVv. You guys never went into WoW, GW1, or any other big MMOs that lasted more then a few months of launch hype.

vVv had a guild in rift and Aion, but I heard something happened and the guilds fell apart. I also heard your leader(s) don't stay in the game very long either. I understand you want to "Stay with the crowd" but how do you expect to make a name for your self in the MMO World if you keep leaving for the next fad?

#7 Fearless (ex vVv)

Fearless (ex vVv)

Forum Athlete

• 151 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

You bring up a great point, consistancy is the key to success in an endeavor like this. Still being a top guild a year into the game is worth a lot more then being #1 for a month and the quiting.

I might be off base but my impression is that vVv is more eSports oriented then mass gaming oriented. It then makes sense for them to not put a whole lot of effort into games with little competitive potential. Hopefully GW2 will be different.

#8 vVv DarkDante

vVv DarkDante

GW2 Officer

• MMO
  • 442 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

I'm just saying, I've never seen anything huge in the MMO Division from vVv. You guys never went into WoW, GW1, or any other big MMOs that lasted more then a few months of launch hype.

vVv had a guild in rift and Aion, but I heard something happened and the guilds fell apart. I also heard your leader(s) don't stay in the game very long either. I understand you want to "Stay with the crowd" but how do you expect to make a name for your self in the MMO World if you keep leaving for the next fad?

While I agree with some of your points I still think the game itself needs to be fun, engaging and overall attracting for players to stay and thus for a guild to stay active. The MMO's you mentioned initially had promise but at the end of the day players lost interest in playing due to various reason; be it game mechanics, lack of content (raids / PvP) or what have you.

Our latest attempt (SWTOR) flopped (in my eyes) because of the lack of decent PvP, seeing that we (vVv) are primarily PvP focused that was a major issue for the majority of the guild. In the end, the lack of sustainable PvP content was the demise of the guild.

Its not logical to keep throwing resources, time and energy at keeping a guild viable when you lack a player base and the game type your perusing (in this case PvP) is lacking, broken or otherwise not enjoyable.
Posted Image

#9 iDragon UK

iDragon UK

• 36 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

You bring up a great point, consistancy is the key to success in an endeavor like this. Still being a top guild a year into the game is worth a lot more then being #1 for a month and the quiting.

I might be off base but my impression is that vVv is more eSports oriented then mass gaming oriented. It then makes sense for them to not put a whole lot of effort into games with little competitive potential. Hopefully GW2 will be different.

I understand where they are going also, I'm not saying its bad its just not my style I guess.

I just don't understand why they didn't get into WoW even it was at its prime and Arena was good. It was even on the MLG Circuit for awhile and they never went after a team (That I know of) and they never had any big guilds in it either (That I know of).

GW1 was a pretty big E-Sports game for its time. It was overlooked because of WoW, but GvG was great! GW2 is going to overshadow WoW (Hopefully) and will be looked at as an E-Sports now. I just hope more gaming communitys will look at GW2 and see how much potential it has. Arenanet even said its trying to work with their players to make SPvP an E-Sport.

While I agree with some of your points I still think the game itself needs to be fun, engaging and overall attracting for players to stay and thus for a guild to stay active. The MMO's you mentioned initially had promise but at the end of the day players lost interest in playing due to various reason; be it game mechanics, lack of content (raids / PvP) or what have you.

Our latest attempt (SWTOR) flopped (in my eyes) because of the lack of decent PvP, seeing that we (vVv) are primarily PvP focused that was a major issue for the majority of the guild. In the end, the lack of sustainable PvP content was the demise of the guild.

Its not logical to keep throwing resources, time and energy at keeping a guild viable when you lack a player base and the game type your perusing (in this case PvP) is lacking, broken or otherwise not enjoyable.

So your are saying WoW and GW1 didn't have a strong enough fan base to do anything? I'm sorry but this sounds like a personal opinion and not an honest reason as to why vVv never picked up players / teams. If you are reffering to Rift, Aion, SWToR, or other MMOs then yes I Agree, but I'm talking about WoW (Still #1 MMO that I know of, this is not an opinion) and GW1 (Had a pretty good player base / count for awhile even for how old it is).

Edited by iDragon UK, 17 July 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#10 cwalk

cwalk

Forum All Star

• 407 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

True, but there should be some residual support imo for the players that join vVv, but still play those games, at least a forum and the option of one of the mmo players to take over the whole shabang to free up the main admins to work on the next mmo.

This can be a really important thing, because there are a lot of people out there that are dedicated to game "X" and want to be in a guild that has a history of sticking it out with mmo's.

Edited by vVv cwalk, 17 July 2012 - 09:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!