Sign in to follow this  
OhMyApollo

Roy + Snipedown leaving competitive Halo?

Soooo...Roy and Snipedown just tweeted(tonight) that they are most likely moving on from Halo:

this is my last halo tourney most likely man just saying wanna go with the best team possible and this is it IMO nothin but <3

image_normal.jpg

quitting halo?

qwo3nwqcmzwb5ethcahl_normal.jpeg

It doesn't help when the future of Halo is a bunch of smoke and mirrors at this point.

Twitter_Pic_normal.jpg

not going to leave my future in the hands of a coin toss looks like my career had run its course

EricWrona_Fassler_018_normal.jpg

Feel the same way, I'm not going to rely on chance when I haver own chance to change things.

Thoughts?

Personally....Im sad to see them go...But Ability is now going to be a pro team 100%

I wish the reason for their quitting was feeling like they have been playing Halo competitively for long enough and that they need to get on with their lives, not "Halo isn't on MLG, fuck this I'm not going to do anything I'm just quitting, peace out". But ohwellz.

Sad moment for competitive Halo. I still won't count them out completely. They've been playing Halo seriously for a long time, and if Halo 4 pushes through with the expectations that it has on its shoulders, we could see these guys return in the future of MLG. Maybe.

Well, Halo is dead, so I don't blame them. I don't think they should keep playing a game that has no meaning to play, especially when they are clearly skilled gamers and can probably find success in another game or just move on from competitive gaming entirely.

Why do people keep saying Halo and Call of Duty is Dead?

Now I personally do not follow the Halo community so I do not know how it is exactly but with so much hype about Halo 4 I do not see how it is dead (Then again I do not follow the community so I do not know exactly)

But if he does leave I see he is on Instinct which I believe would affects Instinct's Roster a whole lot.

Now I personally do not follow the Halo community so I do not know how it is exactly but with so much hype about Halo 4 I do not see how it is dead (Then again I do not follow the community so I do not know exactly)

But if he does leave I see he is on Instinct which I believe would affects Instinct's Roster a whole lot.

Both communities are competitively dead. With no major LANs people are slowly leaving the communities. Halo 4 is a crap shoot, and if anything makes Black Ops 2 half way difficult to put at major events then CoD will be done.

Because competitive Halo and CoD are dead.

Both communities are competitively dead. With no major LANs people are slowly leaving the communities. Halo 4 is a crap shoot, and if anything makes Black Ops 2 half way difficult to put at major events then CoD will be done.

Halo 4 will be the best competitive Halo to date, with the exception of CE and 2...With CoD designers not willing to work/listen to the community i believe it is dead...But Halo 4 will bring back the community...I believe more pro's will quit before Halo 4 drops

Halo 4 will be the best competitive Halo to date, with the exception of CE and 2...With CoD designers not willing to work/listen to the community i believe it is dead...But Halo 4 will bring back the community...I believe more pro's will quit before Halo 4 drops

On what do you base this on? From the few videos I've seen of Halo 4, it looks like Reach with a BR. It's going to take more than a decent game to revive competitive Halo.

Treyarch and David Vondehaar listen to the community actually. The CoD Community is anything but Dead. There are LANs for CoD. UMG being one of them which Pro Teams attend and EGL.

well till halo 4 and black ops 2 comes out we wont knw what will happen could be a bust or they make a comeback only time will tell

On what do you base this on? From the few videos I've seen of Halo 4, it looks like Reach with a BR. It's going to take more than a decent game to revive competitive Halo.

You underestimate the power of the community.....They will be back...and in greater numbers too.

Also, every pro and person who has played the game says it is better than Reach and 3...So that, and off the video's that are out, i think it's going to be a better game

Edited by Apollo (Ex vVv)

You underestimate the power of the community.....They will be back...and in greater numbers too.

Also, every pro and person who has played the game says it is better than Reach and 3...So that, and off the video's that are out, i think it's going to be a better game

Sorry I need more than gut feelings to form an opinion. I'll believe it when I see it.

Well, being that I am older than everyone, have played Halo since it came out, having worked for MLG and know all of them, it's far from saying "fuck it." What's the big deal with just feeling like a game is so changed and not believing like a company has the best interests of the players at heart. Moreover, there is more to it, they are aging as well, so they obviously have other interests, and even more, we have other players who are coming up that are pretty damn good and even more will come of this pending this next game if it is even worth a crap. I hated this past Halo with a passion, so much, never played it very much at all! Nevertheless, just let it all play out, let the game drop, and we will see where they stand then...

Edited by INFINITeXpRESS

Treyarch and David Vondehaar listen to the community actually. The CoD Community is anything but Dead. There are LANs for CoD. UMG being one of them which Pro Teams attend and EGL.

All I want to know is why you keep capitalizing dead.

Good for them to move on. Competitive console is too much of a gamble to invest in, i believe they made the right decision, but i'll miss them.

The debate of whether or not CoD and Halo are officially competitively dead is useless due to the fact that Halo and Black Ops II are still to come out. If the games hit the right notes, Halo and CoD will be revived in the competitive scene.If not, THEN we can state them dead. Too early to say yet.

Good for them to move on. Competitive console is too much of a gamble to invest in, i believe they made the right decision, but i'll miss them.

Unless you're da FGC

I did not read other people's replies. I'm just going to say this. Having played Halo since 2003, I'm just going to say that part of the problem with the health of Halo, on a high competitive level, is that the pro players do not keep their audience engaged. People like Ninja, Naded and a few others still stream and post on THC and other things to keep their community alive. It's not a coin toss, it's what they are going to do about it. All they do is just sit back, wait and watch. Even Ogre 2 streamed Halo 1 not too long ago. So the only people they have to be mad at is themselves. Stop relying on one organization to keep their scene alive, MLG. Yes, it helped build it, but it's not the only part of eSports.

People in SC2 and League of Legends, regardless of how easier it is, still give their fans streams and such. Hell, they get more views from just talking to the chat, than playing. You want a thriving community? Well you have to help build it up. That's why NBA players and MLB players go out in their community and do events. They don't just go to events and then let that be. So, they need to stop bitching about it and be about it.

Edited by xl LegiT lx

Well said Legit. It is very true. It is extremely easy to see the trend...just go to Twitch and see the views. Halo is not even in the Top 5 most of the time. Sad, due to the fact that many people still enjoy watching the game, but without the big players there to give good, solid gameplay, no one comes to watch.