Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Vall : (01 October 2014 - 01:09 AM) hi
@  vVv F R 0 o T x : (01 October 2014 - 12:12 AM) Thats awesome
@  vVv F R 0 o T x : (01 October 2014 - 12:12 AM) Dont blame us when you fall in love again lol
@  vVv Twitter : (30 September 2014 - 10:07 PM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): Find your #NewLove with the new @SteelSeries Siberia V3 Prism. Don't blame us when you fall in love again. https://t.co/Y3ce2PRDAd
@  Abstract Is Art : (30 September 2014 - 07:34 PM) sup all
@  vVv Viva : (30 September 2014 - 07:24 PM) @vVv Josepepowner look at your PMs.
@  KillShift : (30 September 2014 - 06:09 PM) @vVv Viva because the dumbass people let him return because he didnt have signs...and now he does... YAY America is next... who needs terrorist when we are stupid enough to kill ourselves
@  vVv Twitter : (30 September 2014 - 05:50 PM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): RT @vVvZero: I only have real accomplishment and that's the Zero Logs @vVv_Gaming. My pride & joy is that blog but anyone can what I did! T…
@  vVv Tr4nce : (30 September 2014 - 05:39 PM) Prepare your anus!
@  vVv F R 0 o T x : (30 September 2014 - 05:25 PM) Prepare the shelters! Zombie apocalypse
@  vVv Viva : (30 September 2014 - 05:23 PM) ...I'm going to die soon everyone.
@  vVv Viva : (30 September 2014 - 05:22 PM) Ebola Virus confirmed in Dallas
@  Nasher : (30 September 2014 - 05:00 PM) Hey everyone!
@  Grits : (30 September 2014 - 04:53 PM) Hi everyone
@  vVv RedManOne : (30 September 2014 - 04:17 PM) Wassup!!!!
@  vVv Unverclopt : (30 September 2014 - 04:04 PM) How's it going vVv?
@  vVv Daviepants : (30 September 2014 - 03:03 PM) Dammit ANet! Y u make such beautiful weapons?! >: http://dulfy.net/201...-skins-gallery/
@  vVv B Easy : (30 September 2014 - 02:59 PM) Yi ftw
@  vVv Ranko : (30 September 2014 - 02:46 PM) where's the fun in playing an easy champion?
@  vVv SugarBear : (30 September 2014 - 01:58 PM) Takes some skill to play well in jungle or late game but until you hit around gold/platinum it won't matter since you'll be so fed from the early game you should just be able to win

Photo

vVv Staff Changes

vvv staff changes gaming losers bracket guild wars

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 Rinzler

Rinzler

Forum Commando

• 536 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Change is in the air this week for vVv!

Following EVO 2012 and the release of the vVv fighting division, the organization will be undergoing some major changes to staff. The first and most important is LordJerith stepping down as President of vVv Gaming!

Having signed a contract to work at Riot Games, the developers behind League of Legends, LordJerith will be moving out to California to begin his new position and will no longer be able to dedicate his time to the day-to-day running of vVv Gaming.

LordJerith will continue to support vVv as the owner, and will remain as a consultant to the organization.

However this means he will no longer be a part of the Losers Bracket podcast. His passionate rants and straightforward discourse on the latest news in eSports will be absent from the show and will be deeply missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULRVCbWZexk

Stepping in to take his place as president of the organization will be the previous vice-president Jordan “Doomhammer” Kahn. Doomhammer has been on the vVv staff since 2009 in numerous roles, giving him the knowledge and experience to take the organization forward into the future of competitive gaming.

Additional changes to staff, though with less cross-country relocation, include vVv Rinzler taking over as the Guild Wars 2 manager. His efforts will be focused on making sure the organization is prepared for the upcoming beta event and throughout the launch of the game.

We look forward to continuing the legacy that is vVv Gaming, and are excited for these changes and opportunities for the future! Let’s go, vVv!

#2 Fearful

Fearful

Active Forum Contributor

• 428 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

Sad to see Jerry go ):
Posted Image

#3 BabyToss

BabyToss

Ex-Aspire StarCraft 2

• 636 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'm really sad to see Jerry step down. vVv is what it is because of him, and because of his vision & ideas. There are many haters, who dislike Jerry and our organization. I am not happy to see this day, especially now; we are losing people, whole teams. I just have a bad feeling from this. It may be just me, but the feeling is lingering in the air. I certainly hope that we will remain the organization we used to.
And Jerry, do stick around us, no matter if you are officially a leader or not. What you did mattered. The haters can kiss the place where the sun doesn't shine.

"The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." - Unknown author

Follow me on Twitter: @BabyToss
Like me on Facebook: /BabyToss

#4 Valius

Valius

I rule the forums!

• 835 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

It is quite sad and I haven't even been here for a month yet.

I thought Corza was the GW2 leader though? Is he not anymore?

#5 FacT

FacT

Forum Commando

• 566 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

When I think of vVv, Jerry is one of the first things to come to mind, it's unfortunate he won't be on TLB anymore. Congrats on GW2 manager though, Rinzler!
Hoping to be the change I need to be for myself.
Gt: vVv FacT
Battle.net vVvFact#1550 Add me for diablo!!!
Posted Image

#6 vVv Blazek

vVv Blazek

Columnist / MMO Guru

• MMO
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

To be clear to those that read too fast: LordJerith still owns vVv Gaming, and will remain a consultant. Jerry will still be here, however he cannot be CEO of vVv Gaming and work for RIOT Games simultaniously.

I have faith in Doomhammer and so should everyone that is a part of vVv. We all know he puts in work and does a damn good job at it.

Also, to the question about Corza and GW2, we had to drop him as it just was not working out, thus Rinzler is taking over the position.

Side note: Jerry was deemed to be adding a lack of value, so staff put him on the chop-chop list :P

PSN: Fayt87 GT: vVv Blazek Steam: vVv Blazek

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, ArcheAge

#7 Rinzler

Rinzler

Forum Commando

• 536 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

To be clear to those that read too fast: LordJerith still owns vVv Gaming, and will remain a consultant. Jerry will still be here, however he cannot be CEO of vVv Gaming and work for RIOT Games simultaniously.

I have faith in Doomhammer and so should everyone that is a part of vVv. We all know he puts in work and does a damn good job at it.

Also, to the question about Corza and GW2, we had to drop him as it just was not working out, thus Rinzler is taking over the position.

Side note: Jerry was deemed to be adding a lack of value, so staff put him on the chop-chop list :P

Lol @ the chop. And we're all supporting doom 100%. He's got the skills. He pays bills. Looking forward to it.

#8 Valius

Valius

I rule the forums!

• 835 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

Thank you for clearing that up!

#9 vVv SugarBear

vVv SugarBear

President

• Executives
  • 8,601 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

Big changes, staff will be stepping up big time to fill the hole left by Jerry's new role.
gallery_46889_1118_190543.gif
"i would like to consider myself a very succesful jerkoff" - vVv sK1ppY

#10 SleepyTigerz

SleepyTigerz

Community Gamer

• 426 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

While this is very sad news, I have complete faith in Rinzler and Doomhammer. You guys will do great, I'm sure of it ^_^

#11 Defyiant

Defyiant

Active Forum Contributor

• 339 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

Alot of changes but as president Obama says change is good. We must look forward to the future of this community and not let the changes deter us from greatness which we know as E-sports. I'm looking forward from here on out never to look back as you might stumble and get lost. I also have faith in both of the guys put forth to lead us.

Posted Image Defyiant

Posted Image @NoFaithNGod

#12 vVv Blazek

vVv Blazek

Columnist / MMO Guru

• MMO
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

Alot of changes but as president Obama says change is good. We must look forward to the future of this community and not let the changes deter us from greatness which we know as E-sports. I'm looking forward from here on out never to look back as you might stumble and get lost. I also have faith in both of the guys put forth to lead us.

Indeed. This news probably came as a shock to some but in reality it has been played out over the last few months. However i invite everyone to think of the long term opportunity this brings us as well. Jerry will be working for Riot Games, a company who is heavily invested in e-sports with one of the most successful online games around. We also continue to maintain a good relationship with MLG and are pushing forward with the idea of a talent factory. There is still so much vVv Gaming is doing, and our future holds many opportunities. The community is still here and we are because of our common love of gaming and e-sports... and that will never die.

vVv Gaming is not dieing, it has only just begun.

PSN: Fayt87 GT: vVv Blazek Steam: vVv Blazek

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, ArcheAge

#13 vVv Doomhammer

vVv Doomhammer

Board Member

• Executives
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

I am both honored and excited by this opportunity to continue to grow vVv Gaming. While I can't pretend to ever fill the the shoes LordJerith is leaving behind, I'm confident in what I've learned from him and in the best staff in eSports.

vVv Gaming is perfectly positioned to continue to grow and be a leader in the future of eSports and that is exactly what we will do!

Doomhammer

Production Coordinator, Riot Games

Co-Owner, vVv Gaming

gallery_5702_228_45546.jpg
"Because two tanks aren't twice as good as one tank. They're five times as good.

#14 SonTran

SonTran

Forum Commando

• 568 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Good luck to Jerry with Riot and Doomhammer, I know you will do great! :)
Posted Image
"I must do my best...whatever I put upon my mind, I will grasp it...and rise victorious!"

#15 vVv Shadow

vVv Shadow

Research King

• Donor: vVv Member
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

I'm really sad to see Jerry step down. vVv is what it is because of him, and because of his vision & ideas. There are many haters, who dislike Jerry and our organization. I am not happy to see this day, especially now; we are losing people, whole teams. I just have a bad feeling from this. It may be just me, but the feeling is lingering in the air. I certainly hope that we will remain the organization we used to.
And Jerry, do stick around us, no matter if you are officially a leader or not. What you did mattered. The haters can kiss the place where the sun doesn't shine.

What babytoss said.. Its sad to see him go :/

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Havik

Havik

Rage Artist

• 899 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

It is very sad to see Jerry leave and I wish him the best of luck with the new job at Riot.
Posted Image
Follow me on twitter!

Diablo 3 Username: Zephyr#1282
Posted Image

#17 Guttzu

Guttzu

Active Forum Contributor

• 269 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

Will they make a new champion based on Jerry? That would be pretty epic :)

#18 vVv RADIATION

vVv RADIATION

Sports Player

• Sports Games
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

It saddens me to see Jerry step down from his position, but I have faith that Jordan will do a tremendous job. The Losers Bracket won't be the same without him. I wish Jerry the best of luck in his newest chapter of his life.

Twitter.com/vVvRADIATION

Twitch.tv/vVvRADIATION

Youtube.com/vVvRADIATION

Facebook.com/iLikeRADIATION

#19 PrimeTime (ex vVv)

PrimeTime (ex vVv)

Active Forum Contributor

• 150 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

Im the new ceo

#20 _RaGe

_RaGe

Active Forum Contributor

• 220 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

GOODLUCK JERRY
Follow ME @AoS_RaGe

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vvv, staff, changes, gaming, losers, bracket, guild, wars

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Rinzler in Staff Work , on 13 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

[quote name='vVv Rinzler' date='10 July 2012 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1341949835'...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!