Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv F R 0 o T x : (30 August 2015 - 01:38 AM)

Rocket league should be free >.>

@  vVv Voison : (29 August 2015 - 11:37 PM)

Guild Wars 2 is now Free to play!   http://www.vvv-gamin...ay-download-go/

@  vVv Freshbr3w : (29 August 2015 - 09:21 PM)

streams up! come drop in a sub! twitch.tv/freshbr3w_live

@  vVv Toxicity : (29 August 2015 - 09:08 PM)

anyone playing gow?

@  vVv BoDYRoTx : (29 August 2015 - 09:05 PM)

Hi

@  vVv Freshbr3w : (29 August 2015 - 09:02 PM)

whats up yall

@  vVv Phixem : (29 August 2015 - 08:24 PM)

unless your busy @Deadaim

@  vVv Phixem : (29 August 2015 - 08:24 PM)

you gonna be on sunday im trying to through some pubs with the new beta

@  vVv Phixem : (29 August 2015 - 08:23 PM)

who you calling girl you london silly nanny

@  vVv Deadaim : (29 August 2015 - 08:20 PM)

whatchu need girl

@  vVv Deadaim : (29 August 2015 - 08:19 PM)

yo phixem

@  vVv Deadaim : (29 August 2015 - 08:19 PM)

sup peacenerdz

@  Peacenerdz : (29 August 2015 - 08:13 PM)

Howdy all.

@  vVv Phixem : (29 August 2015 - 08:03 PM)

yo deadaim!

@  vVv Deadaim : (29 August 2015 - 05:31 PM)

me and matt just beat stangulate in a dubs

@  vVv B Easy : (29 August 2015 - 05:07 PM)

Father/Son Minecraft - http://www.twitch.tv/beasy430

@  vVv Echelon : (29 August 2015 - 04:36 PM)

Got knocked out by XGN at i55 was a really poor run :(

@  YeNiBeaR : (29 August 2015 - 04:26 PM)

Evening :)

@  vVv Falcodile : (29 August 2015 - 04:08 PM)

so, I wake up and look at reddit, and see the news that GW2 is going f2p? https://welcome.guil...n/Play-For-Free what is that madness!

@  vVv Plague : (29 August 2015 - 03:51 PM)

8)

Photo

vVv Staff Changes

vvv staff changes gaming losers bracket guild wars

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 Rinzler

Rinzler

Forum VIP

• 536 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Change is in the air this week for vVv!

Following EVO 2012 and the release of the vVv fighting division, the organization will be undergoing some major changes to staff. The first and most important is LordJerith stepping down as President of vVv Gaming!

Having signed a contract to work at Riot Games, the developers behind League of Legends, LordJerith will be moving out to California to begin his new position and will no longer be able to dedicate his time to the day-to-day running of vVv Gaming.

LordJerith will continue to support vVv as the owner, and will remain as a consultant to the organization.

However this means he will no longer be a part of the Losers Bracket podcast. His passionate rants and straightforward discourse on the latest news in eSports will be absent from the show and will be deeply missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULRVCbWZexk

Stepping in to take his place as president of the organization will be the previous vice-president Jordan “Doomhammer” Kahn. Doomhammer has been on the vVv staff since 2009 in numerous roles, giving him the knowledge and experience to take the organization forward into the future of competitive gaming.

Additional changes to staff, though with less cross-country relocation, include vVv Rinzler taking over as the Guild Wars 2 manager. His efforts will be focused on making sure the organization is prepared for the upcoming beta event and throughout the launch of the game.

We look forward to continuing the legacy that is vVv Gaming, and are excited for these changes and opportunities for the future! Let’s go, vVv!

#2 Fearful

Fearful

Forum All Star

• 428 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

Sad to see Jerry go ):
Posted Image

#3 BabyToss

BabyToss

Ex-Aspire StarCraft 2

• 636 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'm really sad to see Jerry step down. vVv is what it is because of him, and because of his vision & ideas. There are many haters, who dislike Jerry and our organization. I am not happy to see this day, especially now; we are losing people, whole teams. I just have a bad feeling from this. It may be just me, but the feeling is lingering in the air. I certainly hope that we will remain the organization we used to.
And Jerry, do stick around us, no matter if you are officially a leader or not. What you did mattered. The haters can kiss the place where the sun doesn't shine.

"The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." - Unknown author

Follow me on Twitter: @BabyToss
Like me on Facebook: /BabyToss

#4 Valius

Valius

Forum VIP

• 849 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

It is quite sad and I haven't even been here for a month yet.

I thought Corza was the GW2 leader though? Is he not anymore?

#5 FacT

FacT

Forum VIP

• 566 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

When I think of vVv, Jerry is one of the first things to come to mind, it's unfortunate he won't be on TLB anymore. Congrats on GW2 manager though, Rinzler!
Hoping to be the change I need to be for myself.
Gt: vVv FacT
Battle.net vVvFact#1550 Add me for diablo!!!
Posted Image

#6 vVv Blazek

vVv Blazek

5 Year vVv Veteran

• MMO
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

To be clear to those that read too fast: LordJerith still owns vVv Gaming, and will remain a consultant. Jerry will still be here, however he cannot be CEO of vVv Gaming and work for RIOT Games simultaniously.

I have faith in Doomhammer and so should everyone that is a part of vVv. We all know he puts in work and does a damn good job at it.

Also, to the question about Corza and GW2, we had to drop him as it just was not working out, thus Rinzler is taking over the position.

Side note: Jerry was deemed to be adding a lack of value, so staff put him on the chop-chop list :P

PSN: Fayt87 GT: vVv Blazek Steam: vVv Blazek

Currently Playing:  Final Fantasy XIV (Main -Excalibur) / (Alt - Gilgamesh)

#7 Rinzler

Rinzler

Forum VIP

• 536 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

To be clear to those that read too fast: LordJerith still owns vVv Gaming, and will remain a consultant. Jerry will still be here, however he cannot be CEO of vVv Gaming and work for RIOT Games simultaniously.

I have faith in Doomhammer and so should everyone that is a part of vVv. We all know he puts in work and does a damn good job at it.

Also, to the question about Corza and GW2, we had to drop him as it just was not working out, thus Rinzler is taking over the position.

Side note: Jerry was deemed to be adding a lack of value, so staff put him on the chop-chop list :P

Lol @ the chop. And we're all supporting doom 100%. He's got the skills. He pays bills. Looking forward to it.

#8 Valius

Valius

Forum VIP

• 849 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

Thank you for clearing that up!

#9 vVv SugarBear

vVv SugarBear

Application Experience Manager

• League of Legends
  • 10,670 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

Big changes, staff will be stepping up big time to fill the hole left by Jerry's new role.

"Our value is not determined by how many people show up; our value is determined by how the people who show up feel when they leave." - Simon Sinek
"I think you should do always more than people ask for. Or we should not only look at what they ask for, but what they would like to do if they would have the courage to ask for it." - Hartmut Esslinger

#10 SleepyTigerz

SleepyTigerz

Community Gamer

• 426 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

While this is very sad news, I have complete faith in Rinzler and Doomhammer. You guys will do great, I'm sure of it ^_^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vvv, staff, changes, gaming, losers, bracket, guild, wars

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Rinzler in Staff Work , on 13 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

[quote name='vVv Rinzler' date='10 July 2012 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1341949835'...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!