The Loser's Bracket - Round 121
Featuring special guest Adam "Keits" Heart!
The Editor-in-Chief of Shoryuken.com, Adam "Keits" Heart, stops by The Loser's Bracket this week to discuss his background, the upcoming 2012 Evo championship in Las Vegas, and his incredible indie fighter Divekick.
Please note that The Loser's Bracket will be taking a week off next week. Our next episode will be on July 17th, 2012. Tweet any show feedback to @vVvParadise on Twitter!
Topics and highlights this week include:
- Adam "Keits" Heart, the Editor-in-Chief of Shoryken.com, joins us on his break from work! Keits gives some information about his background and his podcast, Wakeup SRK. (Time: 01:30)
- What predictions can Keits make for Evo? (Time: 03:15)
- Divekick is a game that has only been shown twice publicly, but it is incredibly deep! What is Divekick and how was the concept of the game conceived? (Time: 07:00)
- Divekick is now on Kickstarter. The game has already raised $10,000! What is the story behind the Divekick game trailer? (Time: 10:15)
- What are the goals for Divekick? How will Keits grade his own success? (Time: 13:00)
- What is the current fanbase for Divekick? What is Keits philosophy in game design? (Time: 16:00)
- Keits would love to include netcode with Divekick. In general, how hard is fine tuning latency with a fighting game? (Time: 20:00)
- Divekick could eventually be available for Android and iOS! Why would the game work on a phone/tablet? (Time: 24:00)
- Would Keits eventually like to see Divekick as a tournament title at MLG/EVO? (Time: 25:00)
- MLG has announced the fighting games that will grace the 2012 Summer Season. What title is missing from the lineup? Additionally, MLG will have multiple free Arena events this season! (Time: 28:15)
- Halo 4 has a few barriers holding it back from being a competitive title. There will be no spectator mode and multiplayer will require a flash drive/hard drive to play. (Time: 34:00)
- Violet is now a free agent. His agent is fighting for more money for his player. Is this a good thing? What is the challenge with this? (Time: 40:00)
- Microsoft has acquired the rights to a few domain names. Could "Xbox 8" mean that Windows 8 is right around the corner for the Xbox? (Time: 43:15)
- Sony has acquired the company Gaikai for $380 Million. What is this technology and why could it change the future of gaming consoles? (Time: 48:00)
- Curt asks Jason and Jerry their thoughts about the new Machinima VS channel. After the hosts share their thoughts, Jason announces that Machinima VS manager Zach "Mioff" Mazzotta will be the next guest on The Loser's Bracket! (Time: 53:00)
Show on YouTube:
MP3 Only / Podbean Link: