Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  wa1dy : (23 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) Hello?
@  vVv OSH : (23 April 2014 - 06:01 PM) any word back from those guys?
@  vVv OSH : (23 April 2014 - 06:01 PM) noc0ontrol
@  Deviant Void : (23 April 2014 - 06:00 PM) Hello everyone hope you guys are having a fantastic time
@  vVv Sintherius : (23 April 2014 - 05:48 PM) I mean obviously.
@  vVv noc0ntrol : (23 April 2014 - 05:46 PM) you do steal your account. clearly.
@  vVv Sintherius : (23 April 2014 - 05:43 PM) Nothing like Riot changing my password then making me answer a shit ton of questions because they think I stole my account..
@  vVv Sintherius : (23 April 2014 - 05:43 PM) LOL
@  vVv Ahryse : (23 April 2014 - 05:43 PM) I like Aywe better :P
@  vVv Sintherius : (23 April 2014 - 05:42 PM) Aye*
@  vVv Sintherius : (23 April 2014 - 05:42 PM) Aywe
@  vVv Ahryse : (23 April 2014 - 05:42 PM) Hi c0ntrol! (:
@  vVv Ahryse : (23 April 2014 - 05:42 PM) Awwhhh. XD
@  vVv noc0ntrol : (23 April 2014 - 05:40 PM) hey guys.
@  Engel : (23 April 2014 - 05:37 PM) I feel like a really bad sports team that just won their first game lol
@  vVv Ahryse : (23 April 2014 - 05:36 PM) Yay congrats Engel!
@  vVv OSH : (23 April 2014 - 05:36 PM) just have a quick q for you
@  vVv OSH : (23 April 2014 - 05:36 PM) sugar are you on mumble?
@  Engel : (23 April 2014 - 05:27 PM) the losing streak is finally over
@  vVv SugarBear : (23 April 2014 - 05:13 PM) Checked in: check

Photo

vVv Gaming announces Aspire: The Starcraft Learning Consortium

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 vVv SugarBear

vVv SugarBear

VP of Operations

• Executives
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Aspire: The Starcraft Learning Consortium

Aspire – to long, aim, or seek ambitiously; be eagerly desirous, especially for something great or of high value

Consortium – an agreement, combination, or group (as of companies) formed to undertake an enterprise beyond the resources of any one member

Posted Image

Entertain, Educate, Dominate. Not many organizations offer opportunities to those with fewer options, who have yet to unlock their potential in terms of skill and professionalism. For these players, there isn't a framework in place where they are given proper guidance, support and training in order to pursue those goals. While other well-known organizations have "Academy" teams, they don't live up to the high standards of excellence that vVv sets for our members. vVv Gaming aims to educate, train and raise our own dedicated and talented members. Therefore, the idea of Aspire: The Starcraft Learning Consortium was born to provide a more official, organized training structure for those who truly wish to become Professional Gamers. Since succeeding as a professional gamer requires true dedication, organization and commitment, Aspire is designed to provide the tools and training necessary to our players. Through a structued development environment, internal coopetition and external competition, players receive an opportunity to reach the skill needed to enter the competitive scene, while growing as players and professionals.

Posted Image

Every team needs its own organization. We will have proper leadership, support roles in the team (such as coaches and casters), and the very important body of the team: the members—students—who will make up the bulk of the team. Without proper organization, teams usually fall apart. It is important and necessary to remember that we are as strong as the weakest link of the chain. For this to succeed, we will need serious commitment from everyone involved.

Posted Image

The Aspire Captain (Manager) must be adept at organization, ready to lead and motivate players to succeed. The Aspire Manager must be a dedicated StarCraft 2 player in order to offer game advice to developing team members. The manager must provide a voice for the team, as a public representative, if you will. All members should be able to put their best foot forward, but the manager should be additional skilled in handling public image and dealing with the SC2 community at large. vVvBabyToss (P) will be heading up the consortium at launch.

Posted Image

Since the purpose of the consortium is to offer a training environment, a good, dedicated coach is necessary. The coach's responsibilities include helping the members progress, monitor their strengths and weaknesses and give advice. This position is demanding and it should be reiterated that dedication is necessary for this role to succeed. Coaching, training someone, takes much more than just being a Master or Grandmaster player. As in real-life, the coach needs to be able to customize a teaching style tailored to an individual. Just barking orders at your student won't make you a good coach, on the contrary, it will hinder their development, as they'll stop thinking on their own.

A good coach questions his or her students, why they made certain plays, how they'd react when scouting specific things. A good coach teaches how to catch the fish, instead of just feeding the hungry with the fish; that way, they'll be well-fed for the rest of their life, as the saying goes. A good coach motivates, guides, inspires and leads, but doesn't hold anyone's hand.

I can't avoid putting a huge emphasis on the fact that the person having this function truly has to enjoy seeing others grow and like helping others.
More about coaching can be found in the following article; I suggest you give it a read if you are considering taking up this position. The Aspire Coach would also serve as Manager's direct 2nd In command and assistant, working closely with him or her.

- Protoss Coach - vVv HyunA

- Terran Coach - This position is currently open

- Zerg Coach - vVv ToXSiK

Posted Image

Being a member of Aspire shouldn't be taken for granted. vVv Gaming wants to be represented in the best possible way and Aspire Members should strive to excel in practice, progression and competition. Being an Aspire Member should be taken as a privilege: getting direct support, a good training environment and solid organization. Above all, being an Aspire Member requires actual commitment from a person.

I want to make it clear that this position is for those who want to put in the time to grow and develop; this is not for those who would join and leave after a week. There will be a minimum number of games per week required - each of the members having their own forum topic to log their training, where they'd post their uploaded replays weekly. That'd be both to ensure the member is truly investing time into training, as well as to keep an eye on their progress.

Finally, the player's league (bronze, diamond, etc.) shouldn't really matter for admittance into the consortium, however, as said above, the dedication and willingness to truly work do. vVv firmly believes that no matter where you start, you can go far, as long as you are smart, well organized and work hard. vVvGlon is an excellent example of this.

Our initial roster will include the following people:

Posted Image

Posted ImageJana "vVvBabyToss" Otahalova Posted Image

Manager and Captain Posted Image

Race: Protoss Posted Image

League: Diamond

Twitter: https://twitter.com/...#!/vVv_BabyToss

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BabyToss

Stream: N/A

Posted Image

Chris "vVvPoser" Clauson Posted Image

Race: Protoss Posted Image

League: Master

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/posersc2

Facebook: https://www.facebook...chris.clauson.5

Posted Image

Carlos "vVvPrimeTime" RIos Posted Image

Race: Zerg Posted Image

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/hackcarlos1

Facebook: https://www.facebook...arlos.rios.1048

Posted Image

Adam Son "vVvSonTran" Tran Posted Image

Race: Terran Posted Image

League: Platinum

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/vVv_SonTran

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SonTranSC

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/SonTranSC

Posted Image

Walter TJ "vVvFearful" Lopez Posted Image

Race: Zerg Posted Image

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/TheFearful

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tj.lopez.167

Posted Image

Nathan "vVvWakai" Pigeon Posted Image

Race: Terran http://babytossfight...z/members/t.png

League: Diamond

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/vVv_Wakai

Facebook: https://www.facebook...nathan.pigeon.3

Posted Image

A well-spoken, knowledgeable person, experienced in casting StarCraft 2 matches should fill this position. Their main purpose would be to cast in-house tournaments and showmatches between Aspire Members as well as clan wars with other teams. This person should be able to promote Aspire events on to the larger SC2 community, as well as fuel the actual competitive spirit within the team; so the members know their efforts matter.

- Taeradun

Posted Image

To enhance the competitiveness in the team, there will be in-house tournaments every 2 months. That's how long each ladder season lasts, and it provides a good benchmark of how each member is progressing. To add a flavour to it, there will be a scoreboard kept on the website to show ranking throughout all of these tournaments. Nobody really wants to be at the bottom of the list, so it also encourages members to stay active, while maintaining a positive competitive atmosphere, as well as team spirit.

Posted Image

Many amateur teams make a big mistake: lack of events to keep the members interested. The team needs to stimulate the players, so they go and work even harder. This is where the clan wars come in. This is where the Aspire members get the feeling of competitiveness first hand and it becomes good competitive experience for them. Competition is then ingrained in their minds; they do not want to badly represent and are encouraged to practice hard, to not get all-killed in every competition. Entering Team leagues is also a possibility. To further make the results of the Aspire team meaningful, they'd be tracked on the vVv Gaming website.

Clan wars would be scheduled once per two week period, typically on weekends, starting between 7-8 pm EST. This however, would be open up to discussion once the consortium is fully formed and all positions filled. Clan wars would be organized either by the Coach or Manager, depending on availability.

Posted Image

There would be two Aspire Team practices per week, where the members, the Manager and Coach would meet up on Mumble and in game to work together toward improving. The team members are encouraged to help each other, as well as the leadership and coaches adding their input and advice. Members decide one or two things they wish to work on and try to pursue that solely during the practice. The purpose of these practices would be to encourage teamwork, get the team together and to work on improvement of the individuals.

-Days and times to be decided at first meeting

Posted Image

Depending on availability of the coaches, there would be an option to have personalized coaching for an individual, should the member require it. It'd depend on the agreement between the coach and the student, but generally, no more than one session a week would be recommended, and two sessions max per week for the whole consortium; both for the sake of full schedules and to provide adequate time for the player to 'absorb' and practice what he/she was taught during the session. We also want to ensure members are teaching each other as much as possible, as teaching is the ideal method of solidifying knowledge learned during practice.

Posted Image

Part of our goal is to monitor and provide regular feedback to Aspire Members. Feedback will be based on observations by the Coach and Manager and will be provided in the form of a progress report every two weeks. Players will be able to look at the progress they are making and easily determine areas they are doing well and areas that need improvement. The progress reports will include feedback on a variety of different areas, including progress with SC2 skill, interaction with fans, ability to deal with gaming psychology, etc.

As said in the previous paragraphs, being on the Aspire team is both an advantage, priviledge and mainly, commitment. vVv Gaming values cultivating our own talents, but we also do not appreciate wasted efforts. Players who go inactive, do not attend the in-house tournaments & practices, or simply stop progressing could be replaced in the program. Likewise, inappropriate behaviour, disrespecting fellow teammates or not following the chain of command can lead to member's expulsion from the consortium.

Remember, there would be time invested into the Aspire team members, so the same is required from them. Signing up and then not being active just takes an opportunity from someone else who would truly wish to invest that time.

gallery_46889_1118_190543.gif
"i would like to consider myself a very succesful jerkoff" - vVv sK1ppY

#2 vVv Treva

vVv Treva

Active Forum Contributor

• MMO
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

Looks pretty sweet SB! Wish I still played a lot since I would of loved to of coached Terran players. People should do this if they actually want to improve their game, best of luck guys!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Astroorion

Astroorion

Active Forum Contributor

• 133 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

This looks awesome! Maybe I will be able to join one day

#4 Happytoss

Happytoss

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

Where do I sign up ;) Im feeling anoxious after my summer break with hard work ;) Still had some few games but cause no playing Im back to high dia ;) And not master where I should be but as I see it I wanna represent vVv in the european front ! ;) Thats why this is so good for me ;)

#5 Astroorion

Astroorion

Active Forum Contributor

• 133 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

Where do I sign up ;) Im feeling anoxious after my summer break with hard work ;) Still had some few games but cause no playing Im back to high dia ;) And not master where I should be but as I see it I wanna represent vVv in the european front ! ;) Thats why this is so good for me ;)

You can apply to be a part of the SC2 Team at http://www.vvv-gamin...y-applications/. Then, if you are accepted, you can ask to be apart of the Aspire Consortium

#6 vVv SugarBear

vVv SugarBear

VP of Operations

• Executives
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

Our first cohort is set (see the post) but if we can get enough staff to expand it later we can grow the program and maybe even have multiple teams running.

#7 SonTran

SonTran

Forum Commando

• 568 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

Let's do this! ^_^
Posted Image
"I must do my best...whatever I put upon my mind, I will grasp it...and rise victorious!"

#8 BabyToss

BabyToss

Ex-Aspire StarCraft 2

• 636 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hello from my holidays.

I want to say, that this is going to be an interesting experience for me, both an opportunity to grow as a player as well as to explore more possibilities. Definitely a humbling experience too. I hope for all of us to take something from our time together, for each single member to learn and find what they look for from this. But, it will require an effort from all of us. Let's do this together. And remember - the team is only as strong as it's weakest link. :)

"The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." - Unknown author

Follow me on Twitter: @BabyToss
Like me on Facebook: /BabyToss

#9 Magnet

Magnet

Active Forum Contributor

• 167 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

This would be great for my race switch ive been thinking about
GT:(Xbox) LiL magnet, GT:(SC2) vVvMagnet(142) GT:(HoN) LiL_magnet GT:(LoL) LiLmagnet

Posted Image

#10 vVv Shadow

vVv Shadow

Research King

• Titanfall
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

Looks awesome! I would love to learn more about Starcraft 2 and its playstyle but I dont have the time :(

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 INFINITeXpRESS

INFINITeXpRESS

Active Forum Contributor

• 136 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

Very well put together, sent a tweet out, this is looking to be a tremendous element for vVv!

#12 Dream (ex vVv)

Dream (ex vVv)

Blogger

• 44 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:52 AM

Looks like a very ambitious project! After the initial announcement from! complexity about their academy project i never heard much from it again. I hope this is not the same for this. I hope to join it!

#13 vVv SugarBear

vVv SugarBear

VP of Operations

• Executives
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

Looks like a very ambitious project! After the initial announcement from! complexity about their academy project i never heard much from it again. I hope this is not the same for this. I hope to join it!

Complexity never had a training program so much as a tournament where you win a PC and a trip to MLG.

#14 Dream (ex vVv)

Dream (ex vVv)

Blogger

• 44 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

i thought complexity had their academy which was to train amateur masters players?

#15 Glon

Glon

vVv StarCraft 2 Graduate

• 470 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

This looks very interesting. Looking forward to it ~!

lisk

#16 PoSeR

PoSeR

Lurker

• 80 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

I am super excited about this. I ll definetly put in the hard work and dedication to be come a much better player. Also to help the other players around me!

Chris(vVvPoSeR)

#17 ToXSiK

ToXSiK

• 47 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

vVv Hwaiting~
Posted Image

Grandmaster Zerg playing for team vVv. Find my stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/toxsikcraft

#18 Fearful

Fearful

Active Forum Contributor

• 428 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

I can't wait to get started. I just got back from vacation and now I'm raring to go.
Posted Image

#19 BabyToss

BabyToss

Ex-Aspire StarCraft 2

• 636 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

Well, mom's back home, so after I kill this awful headache and sleep for couple of hours, I'll be all ready to go - you Aspire guys know where our channel is on Bnet. :)

"The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." - Unknown author

Follow me on Twitter: @BabyToss
Like me on Facebook: /BabyToss

#20 Robo Gunner

Robo Gunner

Active Forum Contributor

• 115 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

this sounds like it will be very helpful to all players of all calibers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive Free Shipping with your purchase of $99 or more!
Change Theme!