Sign in to follow this  
bammitssnamm

Mindy's LoL Application.

Name: Mindy Nam

Age (minimum 16): 18

Summoner Name: AltecsMom (Will change to vVv Mindy if accepted)

How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom?:

A previous player, vVv iDream, was a friend of mine who happened to be on the LoL team.

Who do you know currently in vVv Gaming? How do you know them?

I met vVv RoshanNOW in game through vVv iDream before MLG (Anaheim). A few days later, I picked the League of Legends team up at LAX and soon after, I adopted the alias of “soccer mom.” I also became close friends with vVv Altecx after meeting at MLG. After recruiting vVv Bischu, I have developed a relationship with him as well. (I have also met the previous vVv players: vVv Tsunamiie and vVv SKiLLY).

Why are you interested in joining vVv Gaming?:

I am interested in joining vVv because I would like to help and spread the message and gameplay of vVv. I am particularly interested in advertising the League of Legends group because I wish to see the players exceed expectations and reach their goals. Personally, I believe they have a lot of potential. Also, I am interested due to the fact that I happen to play League of Legends and that I have developed a bond for the current players. Furthermore, I would like to participate and be a part of events/the community. From what I saw at MLG/can see on the forums, vVv is an amazing community that I would like to be a part of.

Adding value is the most important aspect of being in vVv Gaming. From the following list, you must choose one method of adding value. We will evaluate your application based on how you tell us you're going to add value.

Donator: In order to help the community, I would like to become a donator. I am willing to donate $15 a month for the vVv community and hope it will grow.

Social Media Expert: On top of being a donator, I would like to partake in more important roles and help the community. Although I do not tweet, I would make a Twitter account and start to tweet information about vVv. Besides Twitter, I can also post on Facebook as well as Tumblr and YouTube.

Staff: If it is possible, I would also like to have a role in the League of Legends management. Although I do not have professional experience in managing, I would like to “step it up” and help in that area of profession. During the MLG in Anaheim, I was able to become the “temporary coach” of the team as well as the “soccer mom.” After bonding with the League of Legends group, I realized that I love being able to meet and in a sense, take care of others. I am very interested in being able to help those I am able to help even if it is a minor role. Also, for future events if I cannot do this, I would like to help out in events in Southern California whether it is rides or just lending an extra hand in any other event. Also, I can fly out to other events and help out as well.

Are you familiar with vVv's Geek to Me articles and The Losers Bracket podcast? If so, what are some of your favorites and why?

I am not fully familiar with vVv’s Geek to Me articles and The Losers Bracket podcast. However, I did watch a few of The Losers Bracket podcasts, including the interview with previous vVv members, vVv Tsunamiie and vVv SKiLLY. Due to the fact that I am a League of Legends player, those are the ones that caught my attention the most.

What games coming out are you looking forward to play and why?

I am not an extensive gamer. However, I am looking forward to the new season of League of Legends. I also was interested in Diablo 3 and currently am starting it. I have also heard of Smite which is supposed to be similar to Dota as well as League of Legends. I am looking forward to it because it is supposed to have a similar game play as LoL.

What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming?

Outside of gaming, I am interested in a variety of activities. I am interested in designing, particularly graphic designing and drawing/painting. I also like to decorate rooms and other objects. I like to play sports such as soccer, tennis, and volleyball. One of my all time passions however, would be reading novels. I love reading novels of any genre and usually finish a book within an hour or two. Besides these activities, I like to spend time with my friends whether it be going out to a movie or simply holding a conversation.

What is your current ELO? 1720.

What kind of competitive tournament experience do you have?

I personally have not competed in game tournaments. However, I have been on the scene at MLG (Anaheim) with the LoL team. While I was there, I was to make sure that the team had their gears set up and working. Although there were some technical difficulties at MLG, I was able to learn from it and be prepared on Day 2 of the tournament. I also had to make sure that the players were to be at the tournament early for set up and practice.

Have you attended any national events (MLG, WCG, IPL)?

I have attended the MLG in Anaheim in 2012 and would like to attend other national events particularly for League of Legends.

What was your best competitive moment? What was your worst?

My best competitive moment would be when I started to get the hang of League of Legends. Your team is made up of multiple players and in order to reach for the top, each individual depends on the other. All of the teammates must be able to play at their best and give it their all in order to succeed. Realizing this, I made sure that no matter what I do, I have to give it my all, especially when others’ success depends on me as well. For example, I started to main support for a while, which meant that the AD carry usually depended on me to help them sustain during laning phases/throughout the game. (Also other players on the team).

I do not exactly have any worst competitive moments. Why you may ask? This is simply because no matter what the outcome or actions that have partaken during the competition, each mistake or failure that hinders the success actually is a learning step for the future. I believe that when players do not win/succeed, in most cases, they learn from their mistakes and try to improve from that point and on in order to not have the same mistake happen again. However, one of the worst competitive moments would be when a player cannot admit his/her mistakes. This hinders him/her from growing as a player because they cannot handle constructive criticism and it usually ends up causing more problems down the road.

What do you hope to achieve, competitively?

Competitively, I would like to influence the team/others in a positive manner; whether it be being the players' moral support or someone who they can talk to, It would be my pleasure to be able to see the players' potential shine throughout the tournament and for others to see it as well. I would like to see vVv succeed and go far.

P.S. Sorry about the lengthy responses, I hope you don't mind :c

Edited by bammitssnamm

I think that the only way you could become part of the teams management is if you keep the name of SoccerMom and drive around a vVv decal minivan. Also, good luck on your app and dont forget to participate in the LoL vVv channel for games!

I APPROVE OF THIS. Don't apologize for lengthy responses, it's better to know you well than to not know you at all, right? Just don't forget to stay active and I hope to play sometime soon :}

Welcome to vVv Gaming! Enjoy your visits to our forum and our website. If you have any any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me or any of the vVv Staff members (easily recognized by their purple color in our shoutbox).

We encourage you to fill out your personal profile, fill out your "about me" page in your forum profile and upload a personal photo.

Many people that visit the website want to join the community and become vVv members. If you are interested in applying, please visit our application section: http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/forum/785-applications-and-sponsorship-requests/

We encourage you to subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Also, become friends with us on Facebook, MySpace and Twitter! You can find all the links and info here: http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30300

We also ask you to support our sponsors and affiliates. You can read how here: http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33166

If you have any questions, please contact an available staff member, feel free to send me a Private Message through our forums or you can post here: http://vvv-gaming.com/forum/index.php?showforum=323

Don't forget to checkout all the topics above the shoutbox. They contain important news and information.

Again, Welcome!

I APPROVE OF THIS. Don't apologize for lengthy responses, it's better to know you well than to not know you at all, right? Just don't forget to stay active and I hope to play sometime soon :}

Aww, thank you very much ^^ and yes, that is very true haha.

If you don't mind, I'd like to add you in game and hopefully play with you soon :)

Oh, so YOU'RE AltecsMom?

I was thinking it was his smurf this whole time xD.

Welcome, make sure you stay active and I'm sure you'll do well! ;3

Oh, so YOU'RE AltecsMom?

I was thinking it was his smurf this whole time xD.

Welcome, make sure you stay active and I'm sure you'll do well! ;3

LOL, noo haha, his smurf is something else :)

But hi! haha, thank you for the warm welcome ^^;;

-TEARS OF JOY.- (8

... Go die. jk. You're weird :<

Come join the vVv chat channel in LoL. Let's play a few games. Good luck with the application.

I'm already in the channel :) under "soojeeluss" :c

And thank you !

good luck :D

:) thank youuu!

As a community member you rock the 3 v's, play in community events like the in house, and support vVv by being an active member in game.

Here is the information on the in house

Application Process

It'll give you the opportunity to still stay competitive, create relationships within the community and have fun while also representing the tag in game.

Ahh. I'm good. No thanks. =p Leagues is a lot funner when it's not competitive. ^-^ For me at least. Gl to the team. :D