Receive Free Shipping with your purchase of $99 or more!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Deadaim : (28 July 2014 - 12:19 AM) damn sugarbear looks aiight in a bikini
@  vVv Daviepants : (28 July 2014 - 12:02 AM) A wild Sugarbear has appeared!
Spoiler
@  vVv WorldStar : (28 July 2014 - 12:01 AM) @vVv Optimize thanks bro!
@  vVv Buzz : (27 July 2014 - 11:46 PM) thats my shit
@  vVv Optimize : (27 July 2014 - 11:06 PM) :buzz:
@  vVv Optimize : (27 July 2014 - 11:05 PM) I don't know if I'm late on this or not but CONGRATS WORLDSTAR! Gotta get dem veees doeeeee!
@  T U R N E Rx901 : (27 July 2014 - 10:13 PM) http://www.twitch.tv/turnerx901/ CvC then GBs!
@  vVv Sun Down : (27 July 2014 - 09:37 PM) http://www.twitch.tv/vvvsundown/
@  vVv Twitter : (27 July 2014 - 09:34 PM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): Check out our @LeagueOfLegends Division Manager @vVvSunDown streaming his ranked games with commentary! http://t.co/H0NCif7mGh Come stop by!
@  vVv WooTang : (27 July 2014 - 09:34 PM) @vVv SugarBear check the Manager PM when you get the chance
@  vVv SugarBear : (27 July 2014 - 09:14 PM) Well we know what Viva likes
@  vVv Viva : (27 July 2014 - 09:13 PM) :powerbottom: this is the best thing ever invented.
@  vVv B Easy : (27 July 2014 - 09:05 PM) @vVv SilverSpoon Dude, you're such a jerk
@  vVv MetalFoot : (27 July 2014 - 09:03 PM) wubwubwuwbuwbuwbwubwubwubwub
@  vVv SilverSpoon : (27 July 2014 - 09:01 PM) I love when people jump to conclusions about the things I say -_- people always make me out to sound like a jerk.
@  Legacyyy : (27 July 2014 - 08:38 PM) im just pickin at @vVv PretzL and @vVv Soap youll always be the :powerbottom:
@  vVv Sumowning : (27 July 2014 - 08:07 PM) Found out today I have a WoW WoD beta key, ny life has purpose once again
@  IRGRL : (27 July 2014 - 07:35 PM) WvW Scavenger hunt winning team announced! http://www.vvv-gamin...t-winning-team/
@  T U R N E Rx901 : (27 July 2014 - 07:32 PM) Streaming CoD with PretzL, Deadaim, Wootang, and Omen :) http://www.twitch.tv/turnerx901/
@  vVv Axios : (27 July 2014 - 07:32 PM) @vVv Bagzli ok thx

Photo

The Elementalist in sPvP - Dagger/Focus

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 t0b4cc0

t0b4cc0

Active Forum Contributor

• 124 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

The Elementalist in sPvP - Dagger/Focus

Introduction

Hi!

Im t0b4cc0. In nearly every game I play a "mage" cause its (often) the most versaitle class, and most times very fun to play. I also loved to play the ele in GW1, and like it even more in GW2, because you have much more options and a high action in combat due to the attunment system.
In this Guide i will talk about how I (been) play(ing) the Ele in sPvP, at least on Publics(/and with guildies) this Betaweekend.

The Build in a nutshell

If you just want a fast Build, you can look at it following this link: sPvP ele Dagger/Focus
Mirror Builders, in case it doesnt work / or if oyu want to read the weaponspells:
Skills and Traits: sPvP ele Skills and traits D/F
I use this Runes:Rune of Divinity (THEY ALSO HAVE 3% CRIT EACH! wiki doesnt show that!)
Add a Amulet With Vita + Power + crit (Like the Berserkers one)

Weapon Spells - Why Dagger/Focus?

To start off, Ill tell you that im using a dagger in my mainhand, and a focus in my offhand.
This is because the skills I have with those are very good in close/midrange combat, not only dmg wise - they also offer an incredible amount of utility.

Here a List of the Utility we get only from taking this weapons: (traits will push this even further!)

Invulnerability (4s)
Condition remove (3) + Projectilereflector (only for user)
Immobilize (2s) + Gapcloser
Knockdown (= interrupt! single target)
Projectile destruction field (AoE - big)
Stun (1s, if being attacked)
Daze (Aoe! 2s)
Chill (3s ranged singletarget) + Chill (3s AoE meleerange)
Vulnerability (AoE) + Vulnerability (singletarget)
Heal (AoE on allies, 750+TRAITS!)
Gapcloser

That List is incredible. I can tell you, with that you will have for every situation at least one, if not more, options to beat it.
Look at this link to read the spells: sPvP ELE - Dagger/Focus
With using the correct Traits and Utilityspells, you can expand that List as you wish.

Traits

To give a short view what stuff (aside from dmg and stats) you will get with my Traitsystem I list them:

Dodgeroll removes a condition (thats a big one!)
Chill + Invulnerability+dmg (AoE closerange) while in mistform
Heal allies and regenerate health yourself when you attun to water
Buff for you and allies on attunning to an element: Might / Swiftness / Protection / Regeneration depending on the attunment.

Utility Spells and Healspell

For the healspell I would only use Glyph of Elemental Harmony
as the Boons you will get from it often will save your life more than the heal itself.
The other 2 are not so good because of the high cooldown / the low heal you receive from it.

As you can see, I have very much utility already, thats why I can run w/e I want in the Utility slots.
However, the Mist Form is so damn good, there is no excuse to not use it.
Then i added 2 DMG spells. Arcane Power and Signet of Fire cause they just straight out buff my dmg output by synergizing with the runes i use.

Itemization?

Finally, we have set up all Skills and Traits. To finalize the Build we need to talk about further itemcustomization.
In BWE1 i had much trouble with the lowest possible base healthpool for a char you can get on the ele. (wich is 12k, thats a 1-2 shot against some builds)
For that reason i picked up the Rune of Divinity. It gives us 10 to all Stats, and 3% critdmg each.
They give a good balanced ammount of dmg, hp and utility. Basically the allrounder when it comes to runes, wich fits very well for the ele with my playstyle.
For the Amulet i just pick one with even more crit, vita and power on it. (Like the Berserkers one)
With this items and the Traits Ill end up having 18k hp. Thats a big difference to the 12k basehealth.

Gameplay

For the gameplay part of the Guide, you better watch my Videos, because pictures can tell more than thousands of words. :P
t0b4cc0 - GW2 - ele - spvp - battle of kyhlo

To improve your gameplay, think of the List on top, and all passive benefits you can get and use them. Use all attunments for best benefit in every situation.

I also want to note here, that you can solo Svaniers and the Chieftain for your team. Thats huge. You defenitely have to learn/pracise/try that in the Heart of the Mists, if you didnt do it already. You can find them on the very left side (East) on the map. Checkout my VIDEO on this one:
t0b4c0 - GW2 - ELE - Svanier Chieftain

Not the End

Further Links:

vVv Gaming
GW2 MASTER GUIDE

List of elementalist skills
List of elementalist traits
List of all Runes for Armorparts

[Math] Might, Vulnerability, and Toughness isn't good in sPvP

Online Character builder

My youtube channel - more stuff comming

glhf

regards

t0b4cc0

€work in progress, had to post it cause you cant save links, they will transform to plain text when being saved, also owned.tv has problems with showing uploaded videos, the support said it will need more time, so videos following soon
[/color]

Edited by t0b4cc0, 15 June 2012 - 08:07 PM.

#2 cwalk

cwalk

Active Forum Contributor

• 407 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

lol what the hell

#3 Meelody

Meelody

The QUUAAAANE.

• 854 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

Oh, spam.. ;3.
Posted Image

#4 SleepyTigerz

SleepyTigerz

Community Gamer

• 426 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

Posted Image

Anyway, nice guide! Now maybe I won't be a total when trying to play the Ele, but I'll still be a noob of course! Just not a total one :sweat:

#5 t0b4cc0

t0b4cc0

Active Forum Contributor

• 124 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

epic cigarrette spam..... but thats really cheap... LOL

can any1 just delete that?

#6 iDragon UK

iDragon UK

I need to post more!

• 36 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

epic cigarrette spam..... but thats really cheap... LOL

can any1 just delete that?

Might take them a week or two, to getting around to it. lol

Edited by iDragon UK, 13 June 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#7 t0b4cc0

t0b4cc0

Active Forum Contributor

• 124 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

ok the first video i ever made is up now on the internet!

check it out!

>t0b4c0 - GW2 - ELE - Svanier Chieftain<

#8 Valius

Valius

I rule the forums!

• 829 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

Spam..not one of a kind. :)

Anyways, excellent guide.

I prefer the S/D build over S/F. I feel like the S/F has more defense (and possibly CC) but the S/D allows you to kill faster.

#9 t0b4cc0

t0b4cc0

Active Forum Contributor

• 124 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

excellent guide.

Thanks!

I prefer the S/D build over S/F. I feel like the S/F has more defense (and possibly CC) but the S/D allows you to kill faster.

Thats why i use a dagger in my mainhand and a focus in my offhand. (read D/F)
It offers more cc and more defense and still does nearly the same dmg as scepter dagger. (considering your enemys arent 20 people on a public server dumb as ***** and balling in your aoe)

Edited by t0b4cc0, 15 June 2012 - 01:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.
Change Theme!