Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Peacenerdz : (02 September 2015 - 03:41 PM)

Stream went down for a sec back up though :3 http://www.twitch.tv/peacenerdz1 FT. vVv Vall.

@  vVv Falcodile : (02 September 2015 - 03:07 PM)

I've been doing nothing but playing MGSV for the last two days

@  Peacenerdz : (02 September 2015 - 02:54 PM)

Vall :D

@  vVv Vall : (02 September 2015 - 02:53 PM)

hello all

@  Peacenerdz : (02 September 2015 - 02:48 PM)

Stream time! http://www.twitch.tv/peacenerdz1

@  Peacenerdz : (02 September 2015 - 02:47 PM)

Well herrrroooo errrrbodyyy

@  vVv Kraft : (02 September 2015 - 01:58 PM)

so i was rocking my jersey and hoodie! :)

I got my vVv shipment right before pax

Hello!

@  Unacceptable : (02 September 2015 - 01:00 PM)

Suo peeps

@  lookingforag... : (02 September 2015 - 12:13 PM)

whats going on everyone

@  ShmemSolid : (02 September 2015 - 11:59 AM)

and gratz on the exam, I haven't gotten that far yet..

@  ShmemSolid : (02 September 2015 - 11:58 AM)

dat halo.Almost makes me want to get an xbox one....

@  Aeroglow : (02 September 2015 - 11:35 AM)

71/75 raw score on my first nursing exam :D

@  vVv PretzL : (02 September 2015 - 10:53 AM)

Hey, anyone down for AW?

@  vVv DarkDante : (02 September 2015 - 10:29 AM)

morning vVv

@  vVv SugarBear : (02 September 2015 - 07:14 AM)

#scumbagzli

@  vVv C Wide : (01 September 2015 - 09:55 PM)

<3

@  vVv C Wide : (01 September 2015 - 09:55 PM)

#ScumbagBagzli

@  vVv Bagzli : (01 September 2015 - 09:46 PM)

@vVv Falcodile hey sorry I did not see this message, forgot to check shoutbox after i wrote that. Yes you are more than welcome to join these events. Hopefully we see you on thursday

Photo

vVv Rinzler Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend #2 Thief PvP

rinzler guild wars beta weekend thief pvp

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Rinzler

Rinzler

Forum VIP

• 536 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Beta video is finally live! Go drop a like for more content and tell me what you think, even if you live in Mississippi :)

#2 t0b4cc0

t0b4cc0

Forum Athlete

• 124 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

The loudness of the music varies greatly between tracks.
Im sure thats what you wanted to hear for the first comment. ^^ :P

Thiefs are fun to watch, gotta say that.

#3 Rinzler

Rinzler

Forum VIP

• 536 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

The loudness of the music varies greatly between tracks.
Im sure thats what you wanted to hear for the first comment. ^^ :P

Thiefs are fun to watch, gotta say that.

Sounded fine when editing, thats odd.

#4 cwalk

cwalk

Forum All Star

• 407 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

told ya dual pistols are beast, good vid

Yeah on bwe 1 I had a build that could basically spam unload non stop cause I had so much initiation regen but idk if it works with the new trait tiers I didn't get a chance to rock the thief this weekend.
But man spamming unload drops people down really fast, just no stealth kinda sucks, but yeah they are much better for the big brawls like the one in your vid, much better to sit back on the outskirts and waste people then pop in the middle of a bunch of people trying to duke it out in melee
Idk how the hell this guy did it but one time I died to a thief that did 17k damage over 3 heart strikes

Edited by vVv cwalk, 13 June 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#5 Seiryss

Seiryss

Forum VIP

• 722 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

The audio volume is fine on my end...

Nice video, Rinzler. I feel like Guardians take forever to kill, I'm not sure how you felt as a Thief but on my Ranger I found it wearisome to get him down after my initial burst.

#6 Rinzler

Rinzler

Forum VIP

• 536 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

told ya dual pistols are beast, good vid

Yeah on bwe 1 I had a build that could basically spam unload non stop cause I had so much initiation regen but idk if it works with the new trait tiers I didn't get a chance to rock the thief this weekend.
But man spamming unload drops people down really fast, just no stealth kinda sucks, but yeah they are much better for the big brawls like the one in your vid, much better to sit back on the outskirts and waste people then pop in the middle of a bunch of people trying to duke it out in melee
Idk how the hell this guy did it but one time I died to a thief that did 17k damage over 3 heart strikes

It's way more viable than it was in BWE1 if your damage is all coming from Trickery to be honest. 2% increased damage for each point of initiative I retain, and I receive 4 initiative back from any healing skill as well as the 2 per 10 seconds and increased initiative regen in stealth. The Deadly Arts tree is useless with the hybrid nature of this build and in tomorrow's article I'll explain why.

The audio volume is fine on my end...

Nice video, Rinzler. I feel like Guardians take forever to kill, I'm not sure how you felt as a Thief but on my Ranger I found it wearisome to get him down after my initial burst.

It really is a delicate dance. At one point in the first fight i lost all forward momentum and had to start clawing my advantage back with Hide in Shadows, which ended up saving me
because he didn't see the dual pistols coming. You're right, it's a slow fight of incremental advantages and it's incredibly hard to finish Guardians off before backup arrives. And much appreciated ^.^

#7 Khaela

Khaela

Forum Athlete

• 158 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

I am sorry, but I really can't stand watching your videos. It is really annoying when people click abilities. Even though in this particular video you decided to remove the mouse cursor, I still know you are clicking it because the tool tips come up when you hover your mouse over them. Do you honestly expect people to not recognize it.

I know we as a guild are trying to get our name out in the GW2 community as a highly competitive sPvP team, but posting videos of you clicking abilities is just bad pvp.

#8 Rinzler

Rinzler

Forum VIP

• 536 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

I am sorry, but I really can't stand watching your videos. It is really annoying when people click abilities. Even though in this particular video you decided to remove the mouse cursor, I still know you are clicking it because the tool tips come up when you hover your mouse over them. Do you honestly expect people to not recognize it.

I know we as a guild are trying to get our name out in the GW2 community as a highly competitive sPvP team, but posting videos of you clicking abilities is just bad pvp.

I click the last 5 because its more efficient for me to do so than move my hand. I've been doing it for years, and I'm in no way trying to hide the fact that i click some skills. The reason i removed the cursor is because its miserably distracting. What is bad PvP to you? And what kind of mouse would you like to send me so you no longer have to watch this? :)

#9 Khaela

Khaela

Forum Athlete

• 158 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

All honest opinion, it is not efficient to click an ability over pressing a key. You should never have to look down at you bar just to click skills, you lose precious time in doing so. Knowing where your keybinds are will greatly improve your pvp gameplay. Looking back at your video, you can see you click multiple times for an ability to trigger for it to finally go off. On another note, it is not really wise to blow all your utility skills just to kill one person, try not to use all of your abilities, i.e cooldowns just to kill a 1 v 1 target. You should be able to judge what is needed: opening weapon set, abilities, cooldowns, when to swap weapons, etc. to take out a target, or even to disengage entirely.In other words, you cant wait for cooldowns to engage a target.

As far as keys go, I use esf for movement keys, s and f are strafe, I do not have a key bound to move backwards. IMO, you should never move backwards in a competitive pvp match and always turn with your mouse.I use q, w a d, r, t, g and the number 1-5 for abilities. I also have a naga epic mouse, which I am considering buying another mouse just to try another mouse. I dont really need all the keys it has for this game.

There are multiple ways to set up a keyboard to have more keys available. You can use asd for movement keys and use qwer for abilities, you can also use CAPSLOCK as well as z, x, c, and v.

#10 Rinzler

Rinzler

Forum VIP

• 536 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

I'm a big fan of your skill setup hotkey wise as I used the exact same in Bloodline Champions, and will definitely try it for GW2. I would agree with you deeply on the moving backwards as nothing inherently productive comes from it, but with the addition of doubletap to roll it feels like a mistake to not keep it in your back pocket, no pun intended.

In all honesty, what you're describing is your preference to sliding your hand across the keyboard to hit a key, when my preference is clicking a skill because i find my click speed and accuracy to be satisfactory. Because YOU lose precious time doing so, doesn't mean I do. I'm sure you hit a button multiple times when youre in an intense battle as well. On the subject of using all your cooldowns for a kill being "not really being wise", that's completely situational and is a sock puppet argument in itself.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rinzler, guild, wars, beta, weekend, thief, pvp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!