Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  JayC : (20 August 2014 - 04:31 PM) @vVv Plague i hope ur day is shit
@  Hinao : (20 August 2014 - 03:46 PM) Sugarbear wherever you are, thank you for jinxing me I: I now lost a paper for joining the military and have to wait longer.
@  vVv Hyper : (20 August 2014 - 03:43 PM) hows my favorite gaming community today!
@  vVv Daviepants : (20 August 2014 - 03:08 PM) @Scytho I'll be doing better in an hour when I can leave work and go home lol
@  Scytho : (20 August 2014 - 02:45 PM) Hows everyone doing today?
@  vVv MetalFoot : (20 August 2014 - 02:38 PM) sub to www.youtube.com/metalfootgaming & you will be my lover for ever! <3
@  vVv Plague : (20 August 2014 - 02:29 PM) =D
@  vVv Plague : (20 August 2014 - 02:29 PM) I hope everyone has a good day today
@  Hinao : (20 August 2014 - 12:56 PM) If you mean the training ive been doing that too
@  vVv F R 0 o T x : (20 August 2014 - 12:53 PM) Wow, I've been playing all this time and didn't even think there was one fail
@  vVv SugarBear : (20 August 2014 - 12:52 PM) Yeppers
@  vVv F R 0 o T x : (20 August 2014 - 12:52 PM) Theres a campaign?!
@  vVv SugarBear : (20 August 2014 - 12:51 PM) It's really super noob friendly
@  vVv SugarBear : (20 August 2014 - 12:51 PM) @Hinao play the single player campaign
@  vVv F R 0 o T x : (20 August 2014 - 12:51 PM) True that lol
@  Hinao : (20 August 2014 - 12:48 PM) @vVv F R 0 o T x I don't fight bots for them to be a damn challenge. I fight them to learn and I can't do that when they easily kick my ass
@  vVv F R 0 o T x : (20 August 2014 - 12:47 PM) Bots are hard, I got to give it to them, their good and strategic
@  Hinao : (20 August 2014 - 12:47 PM) Fuck dota 2. I: Pathing got me killed cause he wouldn't go up the damn steps and bots are a pain in the ass
@  vVv Bizkit : (20 August 2014 - 12:46 PM) @vVv Medusa herro
@  vVv Medusa : (20 August 2014 - 12:44 PM) HI TEAM

Photo

vVv Rinzler Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend #2 Thief PvP

rinzler guild wars beta weekend thief pvp

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Rinzler

Rinzler

Forum Commando

• 536 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Beta video is finally live! Go drop a like for more content and tell me what you think, even if you live in Mississippi :)

#2 t0b4cc0

t0b4cc0

Active Forum Contributor

• 124 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

The loudness of the music varies greatly between tracks.
Im sure thats what you wanted to hear for the first comment. ^^ :P

Thiefs are fun to watch, gotta say that.

#3 Rinzler

Rinzler

Forum Commando

• 536 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

The loudness of the music varies greatly between tracks.
Im sure thats what you wanted to hear for the first comment. ^^ :P

Thiefs are fun to watch, gotta say that.

Sounded fine when editing, thats odd.

#4 cwalk

cwalk

Active Forum Contributor

• 407 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

told ya dual pistols are beast, good vid

Yeah on bwe 1 I had a build that could basically spam unload non stop cause I had so much initiation regen but idk if it works with the new trait tiers I didn't get a chance to rock the thief this weekend.
But man spamming unload drops people down really fast, just no stealth kinda sucks, but yeah they are much better for the big brawls like the one in your vid, much better to sit back on the outskirts and waste people then pop in the middle of a bunch of people trying to duke it out in melee
Idk how the hell this guy did it but one time I died to a thief that did 17k damage over 3 heart strikes

Edited by vVv cwalk, 13 June 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#5 Seiryss

Seiryss

Forum Commando

• 722 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

The audio volume is fine on my end...

Nice video, Rinzler. I feel like Guardians take forever to kill, I'm not sure how you felt as a Thief but on my Ranger I found it wearisome to get him down after my initial burst.

#6 Rinzler

Rinzler

Forum Commando

• 536 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

told ya dual pistols are beast, good vid

Yeah on bwe 1 I had a build that could basically spam unload non stop cause I had so much initiation regen but idk if it works with the new trait tiers I didn't get a chance to rock the thief this weekend.
But man spamming unload drops people down really fast, just no stealth kinda sucks, but yeah they are much better for the big brawls like the one in your vid, much better to sit back on the outskirts and waste people then pop in the middle of a bunch of people trying to duke it out in melee
Idk how the hell this guy did it but one time I died to a thief that did 17k damage over 3 heart strikes

It's way more viable than it was in BWE1 if your damage is all coming from Trickery to be honest. 2% increased damage for each point of initiative I retain, and I receive 4 initiative back from any healing skill as well as the 2 per 10 seconds and increased initiative regen in stealth. The Deadly Arts tree is useless with the hybrid nature of this build and in tomorrow's article I'll explain why.

The audio volume is fine on my end...

Nice video, Rinzler. I feel like Guardians take forever to kill, I'm not sure how you felt as a Thief but on my Ranger I found it wearisome to get him down after my initial burst.

It really is a delicate dance. At one point in the first fight i lost all forward momentum and had to start clawing my advantage back with Hide in Shadows, which ended up saving me
because he didn't see the dual pistols coming. You're right, it's a slow fight of incremental advantages and it's incredibly hard to finish Guardians off before backup arrives. And much appreciated ^.^

#7 vVv Khaela

vVv Khaela

Active Forum Contributor

• MMO
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

I am sorry, but I really can't stand watching your videos. It is really annoying when people click abilities. Even though in this particular video you decided to remove the mouse cursor, I still know you are clicking it because the tool tips come up when you hover your mouse over them. Do you honestly expect people to not recognize it.

I know we as a guild are trying to get our name out in the GW2 community as a highly competitive sPvP team, but posting videos of you clicking abilities is just bad pvp.

#8 Rinzler

Rinzler

Forum Commando

• 536 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

I am sorry, but I really can't stand watching your videos. It is really annoying when people click abilities. Even though in this particular video you decided to remove the mouse cursor, I still know you are clicking it because the tool tips come up when you hover your mouse over them. Do you honestly expect people to not recognize it.

I know we as a guild are trying to get our name out in the GW2 community as a highly competitive sPvP team, but posting videos of you clicking abilities is just bad pvp.

I click the last 5 because its more efficient for me to do so than move my hand. I've been doing it for years, and I'm in no way trying to hide the fact that i click some skills. The reason i removed the cursor is because its miserably distracting. What is bad PvP to you? And what kind of mouse would you like to send me so you no longer have to watch this? :)

#9 vVv Khaela

vVv Khaela

Active Forum Contributor

• MMO
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

All honest opinion, it is not efficient to click an ability over pressing a key. You should never have to look down at you bar just to click skills, you lose precious time in doing so. Knowing where your keybinds are will greatly improve your pvp gameplay. Looking back at your video, you can see you click multiple times for an ability to trigger for it to finally go off. On another note, it is not really wise to blow all your utility skills just to kill one person, try not to use all of your abilities, i.e cooldowns just to kill a 1 v 1 target. You should be able to judge what is needed: opening weapon set, abilities, cooldowns, when to swap weapons, etc. to take out a target, or even to disengage entirely.In other words, you cant wait for cooldowns to engage a target.

As far as keys go, I use esf for movement keys, s and f are strafe, I do not have a key bound to move backwards. IMO, you should never move backwards in a competitive pvp match and always turn with your mouse.I use q, w a d, r, t, g and the number 1-5 for abilities. I also have a naga epic mouse, which I am considering buying another mouse just to try another mouse. I dont really need all the keys it has for this game.

There are multiple ways to set up a keyboard to have more keys available. You can use asd for movement keys and use qwer for abilities, you can also use CAPSLOCK as well as z, x, c, and v.

#10 Rinzler

Rinzler

Forum Commando

• 536 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

I'm a big fan of your skill setup hotkey wise as I used the exact same in Bloodline Champions, and will definitely try it for GW2. I would agree with you deeply on the moving backwards as nothing inherently productive comes from it, but with the addition of doubletap to roll it feels like a mistake to not keep it in your back pocket, no pun intended.

In all honesty, what you're describing is your preference to sliding your hand across the keyboard to hit a key, when my preference is clicking a skill because i find my click speed and accuracy to be satisfactory. Because YOU lose precious time doing so, doesn't mean I do. I'm sure you hit a button multiple times when youre in an intense battle as well. On the subject of using all your cooldowns for a kill being "not really being wise", that's completely situational and is a sock puppet argument in itself.

#11 vVv Khaela

vVv Khaela

Active Forum Contributor

• MMO
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:44 PM

I have disable the double tap to roll and have a keybind to dodge. I highly recommend it.

As far as "sliding my hand across the keyboard to hit a key" all of my keys are right next to what I call my home keys, all I do is move a finger. The key point in doing this is I don't have to look at my skill bar to position my mouse.

To me, GW2 is a reactionary game, not an APM game, I don't spam keys, it is more precise timing than anything else.

Edited by vVv Khaela, 13 June 2012 - 08:53 PM.

#12 t0b4cc0

t0b4cc0

Active Forum Contributor

• 124 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

I am sorry, but I really can't stand watching your videos. It is really annoying when people click abilities.

lol I dint thought that any1 does that.

You can try my setup:

12345 for Weaponkeys
QE for heal and 1 utility, 2 thumbkeys on my mouse for the other 2 utilitys, and mousewheel click for elite.
If you dont have thumbkeys on your mouse, use sth like shift, or R.

You dont need Q and E to strafe anyways, just rightclick.
I just took that from my GW1 setup.

I dont need to really move my hand (aside from switching attunments with ele on F keys.)

Couldnt imagine clicking skills..... the funny thing about it is that you actually need to aim, and you lose focus on the battle.

Edited by t0b4cc0, 13 June 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#13 cwalk

cwalk

Active Forum Contributor

• 407 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

I agree with having every single thing on a keybind, being able to move in the direction that you need to and using the proper ability at the same time is key, however....

I really do no think that it is that detrimental to click for your last 5 in this game, they are all on fairly long cooldowns and the extra time to move the mouse is not going to make or break you, I have seen some of the best players in the world in mmo's use really shitty ui's, click ability's and do a lot of things like that, but they still come out on top.

For some people it is just really hard to adapt to something different, in my swtor guild there was a player that mouse clicked almost everything and he was really good he was one of the best player in one of the top guilds on the server in pve and pvp, if your fast and accurate enough with the mouse it really isn't that bad.

Don't get too mad at talon he still uses the old ball mouse give him a break.

#14 Rinzler

Rinzler

Forum Commando

• 536 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

I agree with having every single thing on a keybind, being able to move in the direction that you need to and using the proper ability at the same time is key, however....

I really do no think that it is that detrimental to click for your last 5 in this game, they are all on fairly long cooldowns and the extra time to move the mouse is not going to make or break you, I have seen some of the best players in the world in mmo's use really shitty ui's, click ability's and do a lot of things like that, but they still come out on top.

For some people it is just really hard to adapt to something different, in my swtor guild there was a player that mouse clicked almost everything and he was really good he was one of the best player in one of the top guilds on the server in pve and pvp, if your fast and accurate enough with the mouse it really isn't that bad.

Don't get too mad at talon he still uses the old ball mouse give him a break.

You're right. I'm not clicking any of my first 5 and it's not inhibiting my movement nor is it consequential. I will try the QERT - 12345 on skills though. I really love that setup.

#15 Seiryss

Seiryss

Forum Commando

• 722 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

I also have a naga epic mouse, which I am considering buying another mouse just to try another mouse. I dont really need all the keys it has for this game.

I have the Naga molten but I picked up the Naga Hex for GW2 and I'm really into it. It's pretty perfect for my needs for this game.

My bind set-up for GW2:
I kind of have small hands so I use 1-4 and E for weapon ablities, Q and shift-Q for pet attack/call back respectively, S for pet 'special,' dodge is mouse wheel click, heal is shift mouse wheel click, and weapon swap/utilities/ultimate are bound to naga hex buttons.
I use WAD for movement A/D being strafe,

I don't think keybinding makes you neccessarily "better" or clicking a couple things necessarily makes you bad, there are plenty of players who don't click abilities and are terrible. But I agree, it's about your comfort level, some people are just better doing it their way. I've always used binds, that's what I'm comfortable with as a player. I think that if I consciously tried to adapt to mouse-clicking only, just as most people expect others to adapt to keybinds, I would be absolutely horrible. I would rather play with someone who was awesome and might click a few abilities than play with a baddie with keybinds.

#16 cwalk

cwalk

Active Forum Contributor

• 407 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

I'm using the razr naga 1-5 are default, class ability 1 is on the top button, 1-5 on the mouse is my heal, utility's and elite, 6 is ptt for vent and mumble, 7 is dodge, 8 is swap weapons, class ability's 234 are on zxc

#17 vVv Tak

vVv Tak

Now with bacon!

• MMO
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

I've always been a Binder/Macro kinda fellow. Tho, I have some ablities I click that I rarely use like in wow (hearthing stone, Professions) When I had 2 abilities I used back to back everytime, I'd Macro them in a cast sequence and bind it to the a single key to lightin the load of my binds and not having to finger to far from home base( my code name for w,s,a,d).First thing I do is set A the Strafe left, D to strafe right cause its a bugs the hell outta me to watch my toon just turn like it has a pole up its butt.

I have a Naga I use the scroll wheel up and down for my Dodge backwards. I do both just incase I go up a little before going back (common sense to cover if I make a mistake) Scroll wheel down to heal. The two buttons by the Left mouse regular click are to smaller buttons i play to use for switching Weapons and the other pet. Only other buttons i use on the naga are 1,2,4,5,8 because for me those are the ones easly feel recognizable without lookin or spending time fubling around trying to figure out where my thumb is on the small buttons. On my keyboard I use everything in the field of 1 2 3 and I bind no farther than T,G,B if i need more I just use Shift + key. Im not one to use Tab,Alt and hiting the same key as shift. I believe if your doing that then your not macroing your attacks together enough.

As far as clicker vs binders its not me so I really dont care how another plays if they ask for my help then I stress going bind if they aren't already.

I'll be the first one to tell ya im a southern boy and I may talk a little slower but thats so I dont have to take the time to repeat myself. I've always gamed with saying "Im no genius but you dont have to be a genius to play with common sense."

Edited by Cato, 14 June 2012 - 03:40 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

"It's obvious who makes the pants here boys." -Rickism
"I just want to do hoodrat things with my friends." - Hoodrat Kid
"Hey, girl." - vVv Tak

#18 Meelody

Meelody

The QUUAAAANE.

• 854 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

EEEEH. I myself left my healing skill as is and was using the QER for utility skills but I would still click my elite (seeing as how I pve'd most of the weekend and never even had an elite skill, I didnt bother to bind it ;x.)
ZXCV for elementalist attunements too, not that I needed to change a whole lot but it was really helpful ;x.
I didnt use a dodge key and just kept the double tap since I didnt feel like getting used to another different way. xD.

I felt like it worked a lot better since I'm not at all comfortable with stretching my index finger past 6 D:.
To each his own though, do what feels good to you LOL.
Posted Image

#19 Skysz

Skysz

• 129 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

I think thats quite a playstyle,its quick with melee and ranged whichever you need better to prefer to you, It works out well, I think the switch of the music is nice its a bit loud at first

#20 Valius

Valius

I rule the forums!

• 829 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

Nice video.

Thieves are always an enjoyable thing to watch. I don't enjoy playing one as much though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rinzler, guild, wars, beta, weekend, thief, pvp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!