Sign in to follow this  
Nero

Nero's Application

Name: Taylor

Age (minimum 16): 20 (7-23-91)

Gamertags (for all systems you own): I think my gamertag is TayIor Moon, but I haven't touched my Xbox since January--I think.

How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom? I'm not exactly an "OG" member of vVv, but I did originally join the organization back in the stone age. To give y'all some perspective, Call of Duty 4 was one of the main divisions of vVv during my first run with the organization.

Who do you know currently in vVv Gaming? How do you know them? Um, I'm not entirely sure who is still around, but of those people I once knew, I met them through my previous stints with the organization.

Why are you interested in joining vVv Gaming? Nostalgia, perhaps. I don't exactly have an answer at this moment, but I'll figure one out.

As for value, I'd like to be a socialite--a "loveable troll" seems to kind of fit.

Are you familiar with vVv's Geek to Me articles and The Loser's Bracket podcast? If so, what are some of your favorites and why? I'm not familiar with any recent articles or podcasts.

What games coming out are you looking forward to playing and why? Uh, none to that great of an extent. I suppose I'm looking forward to Black Ops 2, and I'd like to start playing Diablo III. To be perfectly honest, I'm not really a huge fan of video games, but posting on forums is fun stuff.

What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming? Drinking, drinking games, swimming, reading, travelling, politics, sports, etc.

What kind of competitive experience do you have? I've won a handful of beer pong tournaments.

Have you attended any national events (MLG, WCG, IPL)? I've been to a few MLG events--don't recall the exact ones.

What was your best competitive moment? What was your worst? I could give a shit about my best competitive moment. The last time I seriously cared about playing a video game competitively was roughly four years ago. As for my worst, I unsuccessfully went on a beer run with michs09 and Perilous during a previous MLG Dallas only to discover we got there past the time stores are allowed to sell beer. It was truly a sad occasion.

What do you hope to achieve, competitively? I hope to make it through my 21st birthday this July without puking.

EDIT: I'd say my best competitive moment was utterly wrecking / embarrassing MrsViolence in a previous application of mine.

Edited by Nero

Thank you for applying to vVv Gaming! Enjoy your visits to our forum and our website. If you have any any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me or any of the vVv Staff members (easily recognized by their purple color in our shoutbox). Make sure to connect with as many vVv members as possible, start gaming with them and get to know the community. Once again, thank you for applying, and our staff and members are here to guide you through the application process.

Please be sure to upload a personal photo and fill out your forum personal profile and "About Me" Page COMPLETELY. (Go to My Controls, then Personal Profile section). Here at vVv, we like to know our members!

We ask that you to subscribe to our YouTube Channel, like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter! You can find all the links and info HERE

An important way to stay active is to be sure that you do the following:

Finally, don't forget to checkout all the topics above the shoutbox. They contain important news and information.

Again, Welcome!

Question. Do vVv's still play Xbox together? Or do community gatherings pretty much take place exclusively on the compooper?

This kid.

I like this app doe.

Thanks dood.

Question. Do vVv's still play Xbox together? Or do community gatherings pretty much take place exclusively on the compooper?

Thanks dood.

False, a lot of people play on the Xbox

Socialite (vVv Forum Commando or loveable troll): You live in the vVv shoutbox. You love meeting new people and your posts are not just quantity; they are quality. When people log onto the vVv Gaming forums, you are one of those people whom everyone expects to see, and you make them feel at home.

Hi, Nero! I would like to see more activity on the forums and in the shoutbox if you would like to be a Socialite. If not, all of the options will forever be open to you.

Hi, Nero! I would like to see more activity on the forums and in the shoutbox if you would like to be a Socialite. If not, all of the options will forever be open to you.

Just want to note that I work Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00 for the time being, and I generally workout/read/drink afterward. But I'll make a concerted effort to be more active on the forum through posts/chilling in the shoutbox when I can.

Edited by Nero

Just want to note that I work Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00 for the time being, and I generally workout/read/drink afterward. But I'll make a concerted effort to be more active on the forum through posts/chilling in the shoutbox when I can.

If time is an issue, that is no problem. However, a socialite is someone who tends to be super active on the forums and in shoutbox (more than normal).

Holy shit it's Cosmetiic :P

Nero ftw! Good friend of mine, he imo is an OG of vVv like me. Good luck my friend.

Thanks y'all. Glad to see the two of you are still around.