Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Genocide (ex... : (31 October 2014 - 01:57 PM) Happy Halloween everyone!
@  vVv Sun Down : (31 October 2014 - 01:56 PM) http://www.twitch.tv/vvvsundown/ Plague and I still going at the duoQ!
@  vVv Shorlong : (31 October 2014 - 01:54 PM) Anyone here get into the Evolve Alpha test? Would love to have someone else to play with! (PC)
@  PanicOnArt : (31 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) It has been a REALLY busy day for me
@  PanicOnArt : (31 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Hello everyone! How are you doing today?
@  vVv Sun Down : (31 October 2014 - 01:10 PM) Happy Halloween! What was wanted about the shoutbox?
@  vVv LordJerith : (31 October 2014 - 12:59 PM) Happy Halloween!
@  vVv RobZGod : (31 October 2014 - 12:24 PM) Can you post that above the shoutbox?
@  vVv Twitter : (31 October 2014 - 11:39 AM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): RT @DirtyMikeUSA: Bracket Play Tomorrow!!! @vVv_Gaming with my boy @OvidiuPatrascu http://t.co/OuAubkRGqI
@  vVv Twitter : (31 October 2014 - 11:38 AM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): .@DirtyMikeUSA Coming up huge for the USA by placing 2nd in his group at ESWC 2014! Learn more here:http://t.co/rdtECtGnqc
@  vVv Sun Down : (31 October 2014 - 11:13 AM) http://www.twitch.tv/vvvsundown/ DuoQ with Plague... am i dumb?
@  vVv Twitter : (31 October 2014 - 11:01 AM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): @AtlasPresident you know it.
@  vVv BuLLeT : (31 October 2014 - 10:46 AM) umm mr twitter can u stop spamming
@  vVv Twitter : (31 October 2014 - 10:43 AM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): Are you guys ready for Advanced Warfare? We are! Already rocking the Black and Red! http://t.co/iuCvkBX2Xf
@  vVv Twitter : (31 October 2014 - 10:40 AM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): . @DirtyMikeUSA Pulls into 3rd Place in Group D with a Record of 3-1-2. Mike has to win the next match to guarantee a top 4 spot and move on
@  vVv Twitter : (31 October 2014 - 10:29 AM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): RT @OvidiuPatrascu: @DirtyMikeUSA fighting to get to the playoffs, #leggo homie #eswc
@  vVv Sun Down : (31 October 2014 - 10:29 AM) Morning Everyone! http://www.twitch.tv/vvvsundown/ Streaming some Plat SoloQ on League and hanging out!
@  vVv Twitter : (31 October 2014 - 10:14 AM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): . @DirtyMikeUSA with a HUGE win over the #1 ranked Vinch to bring himself back into the competition at a overall record of 2-2 in group play
@  vVv Twitter : (31 October 2014 - 09:58 AM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): Our very own @DirtyMikeUSA is representing the USA at ESWC 2014 in Paris, France this weekend! Learn more here: http://t.co/rdtECtGnqc
@  vVv Oriklad : (31 October 2014 - 09:52 AM) Don't have it?

Photo

vVv Gaming Takes First and Third at MLG Spring Fighting Arena!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 vVv Doomhammer

vVv Doomhammer

Board Member

• Executives
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

vVv Wins Big at MLG Spring Fighting Arena in New York!

The phrase used at MLG Columbus that kept vVv members on the edge of their seats was "Big things are going to happen." One "big thing" to happen was after the Mortal Kombat top 8. Sundance DiGiovanni, head of MLG, gathered Mortal Kombat's top 8 competitors. He congratulated them on a spectacular showing and gave them great news. MLG would be taking the top 8 from MLG Columbus to their headquarters in New York to have a small 8 man tournament between all of the top players. Due to a great performance by vVv CDjr and vVv Reo, who took first and second in Columbus, they would be on their way to MLG Headquarters to compete again for a $1500 first place!

On April 28th, the top 8 from MLG Columbus gathered at MLG Headquarters. The players were seeded based on their placement at MLG Columbus.
1) vVv CDjr
2) vVv REO
3) VSM Maxter
4) Curbolicious
5) RIU48
6) KT Smith
7) KN Crazy Dominican
8) KN DetroitBalln

Posted Image
vVv CD Jr. after his final victory. Special thanks to TestYourMight.com for the picture.

The pools were divided into 4 man groups. Pool A consisted of vVv CDjr, Curbolicious, RIU48 and KN DetroitBalln. Pool B consisted of vVv REO, VSM Maxter, KN Crazy Dominican and KT Smith. Each pool play match was best of 5 with the top 2 players from each pool advancing to the final bracket where first place from Pool A would play second place from Pool B and first place from Pool B would play second place from Pool A.

As pool play commenced, vVv REO displayed dominance in his pool, going 3-0 and coming out on top. vVv CDjr defeated defeated his brother, KN Crazy Dominican, and his teammate RIU48 but fell in a close match to Curbolicious 3 to 2. The final bracket was decided; KN Detroitballn would play VSM Maxter and vVv CDjr would play vVv REO.

KN DetroitBalln finished strong over VSM Maxter and advanced to the finals. vVv REO fell to vVv CDjr 3 to 1.

KN DetroitBalln and vVv CDjr were to meet in grand finals. The last time that they met in tournament play, KN DetroitBalln defeated vVv CDjr. After a very close match which came down to the final round, vVv CDjr defeated KN DetroitBalln's Ermac.

Click here to watch an interview with CD Jr. after his amazing victory!

Manny "CDjr" Brito showed for a second time that he is the top player of Mortal Kombat. He took home a first prize of $1500 and vVv REO took home $500 for his 3rd place finish.

CDjr and REO will be flying out to MLG Anaheim as two of the favorites. After a great showing at the MLG Spring Arena, they have displayed that they are the top players of Mortal Kombat yet again.

Congratulations to vVv CDjr and vVv REO for a great showing at the MLG Spring Arena!

Doomhammer

Production Coordinator, Riot Games

Co-Owner, vVv Gaming

gallery_5702_228_45546.jpg
"Because two tanks aren't twice as good as one tank. They're five times as good.

#2 BabyToss

BabyToss

Ex-Aspire StarCraft 2

• 636 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

Congratulations and well done. vVv Fightingggg! :)

"The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." - Unknown author

Follow me on Twitter: @BabyToss
Like me on Facebook: /BabyToss

#3 The Turtle

The Turtle

That Turtle Kid

• 1,782 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

Congratz and good luck guys! vVv Fightinggggg
XBL: The Sly Turtle
Halo 4 and Black Ops II Player

#4 _RaGe

_RaGe

Active Forum Contributor

• 220 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

Congrats Guys you Represent vVv well! Keep Fighting! :)
Follow ME @AoS_RaGe

#5 vVv Paradise

vVv Paradise

VIP

• Donor: vVv Member
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

The final best of seven from the MK Spring Fighting Arena was absolutely bananas. CDjr earned that victory. Looking forward to cheering him on in Anaheim!

Great job by both CDjr and REO!! Way to represent!

Jason "Paradise" Kuntz
Community Manager, 
Ubisoft Entertainment
Current Games: Child of Light, AirMech Arena, Toy Soldiers: War Chest

Follow me on Twitter: @UbiParadise
Friend me of Facebook: /vVvParadise

#6 OhMyApollo

OhMyApollo

Forum Commando

• 628 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

YEAHHHH ESPORTS!!! hahaha

#vVvChant

Side note, i LOVE how they took out him and slasher losing it over his shoutout to esports :( That made it 1000000x better

Edited by vVv Apollo, 30 April 2012 - 05:58 PM.

Coach of Ability
GT: OhMyApollo Skype: InsiderApollo

Former vVv Halo Coach: 

Columbus '12: vVv Ability- 17th

#7 SonTran

SonTran

Forum Commando

• 568 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

CDjr never ceases to amaze me with his MK9 Jax!

GROUND STOMP, OVERHEAD! Haha
Posted Image
"I must do my best...whatever I put upon my mind, I will grasp it...and rise victorious!"

#8 FacT

FacT

Forum Commando

• 566 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

CdJr. had me on the edge of my seat that last match with the Ermac matchup, what a crazy finals.
Hoping to be the change I need to be for myself.
Gt: vVv FacT
Battle.net vVvFact#1550 Add me for diablo!!!
Posted Image

#9 vVv Medusa

vVv Medusa

Forum Cleaner

• Administrator
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

Congrats again to both CDjr and REO! Way to represent and add value <3 Keep on keepin' on, guys!

Posted Image

#10 Soul

Soul

Active Forum Contributor

• 329 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

conrgrats
Posted Image

#11 vVv Anaxamander

vVv Anaxamander

vVv Historian

• League of Legends
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Great job. Representing vVv like the champs you are.

#12 Voided

Voided

Active Forum Contributor

• 364 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:34 AM

WE HAVE GOT BEASTS IN THE HOUSE! AND THERE'S NO TRAIN THAT CAN STOP 'EM!

We got your back come Anaheim, guys! Put the pedal to the medal and show 'em what you got!
vVv Donor: Donating $50 a month or your money back--wait, that's not how that quote goes here...
LoL player. Mainly play as AD Ashe, Support Sona/Soraka, and dabbling a little in jungle Malphite.

#13 Spectral

Spectral

• 352 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

*claps* ok on slashers part tho, GG!
Paralyzed Quadriplegic Gamer

#14 Defyiant

Defyiant

Active Forum Contributor

• 339 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

Congrats on that Win CdJr Looking forward to your win at Anaheim Go vVv

Posted Image Defyiant

Posted Image @NoFaithNGod

#15 Magnet

Magnet

Active Forum Contributor

• 167 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

Great job guys, i loved watching the tournament
GT:(Xbox) LiL magnet, GT:(SC2) vVvMagnet(142) GT:(HoN) LiL_magnet GT:(LoL) LiLmagnet

Posted Image

#16 Daredevil

Daredevil

Active Forum Contributor

• 112 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

Congratulations to both of you guys! :)
Deaf Hardcore Gamer

#17 autimatic_ps

autimatic_ps

I need to post more!

• 6 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

sounds great!

#18 FTK_xMileena

FTK_xMileena

Lurker

• 77 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

I was so hype when I saw him win this. He deserved it. Good shit jr :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!