Sign in to follow this  
FrozTyBiTe

My Thoughts on Competitive CoD as of Now.

I'm going to express my opinion on competitive CoD from an experience I had last night. For those of you who don't know me, I have strong views, and ideas relating to eSports, more importantly CoD. Sorry if I rant but here I go: 

Yesterday night I was playing doubles with vVv The Turtle having a good time preparing for a doubles tournament Friday. As we were playing a certain team, another player connected to the game an started interfering on both teams. So, I invited the player to our party. I ask him why he joined. He then for absolutely no reason starts insulting me and calling me a bad kid (which was the extent of his vocabulary). He then challenges me to a 1v1 radar and of course I accept. I proceed to beat him by quite a bit. He still continue to call me bad instead of trying to learn from his mistakes. Now that's what lead me up now to my points.

• CoD isn't on the circuit this year so stop trying to act like you deserve something. You don't. Make a name for yourself on this game and focus on preparing for LAN in blops2.

• GB doesn't mean anything at the moment. You win some games, congrats. Stop using it as a scapegoat that you deserve something. 

• Lose, learn, win. Don't call people who beat you bad. You lost, there's a reason for it.

• Find a dedicated team that you can talk seriously with, grow as brothers, and succeed together. 

This isn't aimed for the more active people on this website. It is more aimed towards those people who dwell and lurk around this website thinking about wether they should get involved. Do it, because everyone starts somewhere. 

Thank you for your time. Feel free to give your thoughts below.

You're bad kid.

No but seriously, you'll run into people like that no matter what type of game it is. He's just trolling.

Edited by vVv Arkaine

I think the biggest problem is that the CoD community is not only completely unorganized (the ratio from player to tournament organizer is absolutely ridiculously one-sided in terms of the former), but most players don't realize that the game really isn't competitive to begin with. So a lot of people just ignore the inherent problems that competitive CoD has.

I don't get it, all the console shooter players just play their game and expect things to just work out without having to help. No one wants to build anything, all I hear are people complaining. Unless you're in the Starcraft, MOBA, or FGC communities, with some exceptions, you don't get any freebies.

Any game that remains solely online is destined to die. CoD would be dead if it wasn't the biggest game for consoles in terms of general popularity. Competitively, it might as well be dead in comparison. Halo and GoW realized this, but probably a bit too late.

Not everyone can be us cool gamers ^_^ That's why I keep telling Goldenboy to play SC2 or focus solely on King of Fighters instead of CoD. He works so hard for a community that just majorly gives no fucks, it's unfortunate.

Edited by vVv Rapture

Yes, it is unfortunate how the CoD community acts. But it doesn't mean we should watch it float away into darkness. There may not be much we can do, but there is something. GB kids are the ones that think they deserve something. Top AM's believe that if you just keep pushing an grinding, you will get somewhere. CoD exploded in Europe. We just have to be patient and play our cards right in my opinion.

I think the biggest problem is that the CoD community is not only completely unorganized (the ratio from player to tournament organizer is absolutely ridiculously one-sided in terms of the former), but most players don't realize that the game really isn't competitive to begin with. So a lot of people just ignore the inherent problems that competitive CoD has.

I don't get it, all the console shooter players just play their game and expect things to just work out without having to help. No one wants to build anything, all I hear are people complaining. Unless you're in the Starcraft, MOBA, or FGC communities, with some exceptions, you don't get any freebies.

Any game that remains solely online is destined to die. CoD would be dead if it wasn't the biggest game for consoles in terms of general popularity. Competitively, it might as well be dead in comparison. Halo and GoW realized this, but probably a bit too late.

Not everyone can be us cool gamers ^_^ That's why I keep telling Goldenboy to play SC2 or focus solely on King of Fighters instead of CoD. He works so hard for a community that just majorly gives no fucks, it's unfortunate.

Could not have said it better myself.

• GB doesn't mean anything at the moment. You win some games, congrats. Stop using it as a scapegoat that you deserve something.

• Lose, learn, win. Don't call people who beat you bad. You lost, there's a reason for it.

• Find a dedicated team that you can talk seriously with, grow as brothers, and succeed together.

GB (ever since COD4 when it mattered) has always been the little league for competitive COD. You get more experience playing in a competitive scrim than you do playing a Gamebattles match.

Seond Point: That's just due to a lack of respect between players and teams. There's always (and I mean ALWAYS) a reason to why you lost. Definitely not because the other team is better!!

Third: Everybody wants immediate success, nobody wants to work for anything. Only thing that will change this philosophy is time, people just need to learn and experience things for themselves.

its not just the CoD community ether it happens in halo and a few others, its just ull find ppl who are immature and cnt stand to lose when the other team ether had better skills or out smarted then

There is a few that make it good, the rest don't. The majority ruin it who act like idiots, but you can't control what isn't in your control, you just move on and try to enjoy what you can. It's just part of life, and you will see it in many elements and aspects of your life, truly, just look around while driving, working, walking your dog in a park. It's crazy.

CoD defintely has potential, but as of now the community is all out of whack. It needs to become more organized, and if Treyarch follows through on their word on focusing on the esports this time. Then CoD could be bigger in the esports scene.

It's only dead for Mw3. BlackOps 2 is basically made for competitive. It's not the community that doesn't care, it's the developers. The community can't change how the game is made and created.

On another note, sadly, the majority of the CoD competitive community is filled with immature 12 year old's that abuse the use of their parents not being home.

I'm using MW3 to try to get my name out a little more, learn, and progress with my gaming career. Playing it won't hurt. While others are using this as a break, I'm using it to gain a small upper hand.