Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Krewel : (23 April 2014 - 01:17 PM) @vVv SugarBear THNX!!
@  vVv SugarBear : (23 April 2014 - 01:16 PM) welcome back krewel
@  vVv Krewel : (23 April 2014 - 01:09 PM) Things were to quiet
@  Ticonz : (23 April 2014 - 01:08 PM) @WooTang Awesome! :D
@  vVv WooTang : (23 April 2014 - 01:05 PM) @vVv Krewel hi to you to
@  vVv Krewel : (23 April 2014 - 01:05 PM) HoEee hummmmm HOOOEEEE
@  vVv WooTang : (23 April 2014 - 12:53 PM) @RahRah thanks it took me awhile cause I had no idea how to anything. Good thing YouTube does :D
@  RahRah : (23 April 2014 - 12:51 PM) @WooTang Looks very nice. I like it.
@  vVv WooTang : (23 April 2014 - 12:49 PM) I got my first graphics made I know its not that fancy but it works for me
Spoiler
@  vVv WooTang : (23 April 2014 - 12:48 PM) @RahRah and the same to you to!
@  RahRah : (23 April 2014 - 12:47 PM) @WooTang Gald to hear it! Hope you continue to have an awesome day
@  vVv WooTang : (23 April 2014 - 12:46 PM) @RahRah so far so good, I can still talk, eat, play video games so elso do I need
@  RahRah : (23 April 2014 - 12:44 PM) @WooTang Thank you! How are you doing today, WooTang/
@  vVv WooTang : (23 April 2014 - 12:44 PM) @RahRah Very nice post
@  vVv FireWater : (23 April 2014 - 12:43 PM) winna
@  RahRah : (23 April 2014 - 12:37 PM) @Firewater Yes, yes there is. It is from Friday to Monday. http://www.vvv-gamin...eekend-425-428/
@  vVv FireWater : (23 April 2014 - 12:35 PM) I heard there was an extra beta weekend this weekend, is that true?
@  vVv FireWater : (23 April 2014 - 12:34 PM) well
@  RahRah : (23 April 2014 - 12:32 PM) @FireWater It's going well. Wish more poepl would log in on the weekends, but I usderstand people don't want to get burned out. How are you doing this fine day?
@  vVv FireWater : (23 April 2014 - 12:31 PM) how is wildstar

Photo

Losers Bracket: Round 110

cbsi mlg adam apicella starcraft arena anaheim blizzard league of legends diablo heart of the swarm

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 vVv Paradise

vVv Paradise

VIP

• Honorary Member
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Loser's Bracket - Round 110
Featuring special guests Adam Apicella, SVP of MLG, and vVv NoControl!

Major League Gaming has partnered with CBS Interactive! What will this mean for the world of eSports? Joining us to tackle this very subject is the Senior Vice President of MLG, Adam Apicella. Listen in as Adam takes on tough questions from the Loser's Bracket hosts! Full breakdown of the show below!

Topics and highlights this week include:
  • vVv NoControl, League of Legends manager for vVv Gaming, introduces himself as a guest co-host for the week. (Time: 00:06:30)
  • Adam Apicella joins the crew of The Loser's Bracket live! Why should we be excited about the MLG / CBSi partnership? Adam explains it to us. (Time 00:08:30)
  • What place does Gamespot have in this deal? Curt asks Adam for more details about Gamespot coverage of MLG events and content. After this there was a slight bit of technical difficulities with Skype. Our apologies for this! (Time: 00:13:00)
  • MLG Anaheim is right around the corner! Any word on other titles? Could League of Legends be at Anaheim? What will be different abut the newest MLG title? Also, what will be different with the production values at Anaheim? (Time: 00:18:15)
  • There will be a title at MLG Anaheim that NO ONE has had their hands on yet. Could it be Heart of the Swarm? Oh my! Over 200 stations will be available to play this title. Will you be able to play this game as a spectator? Adam also drops hint about some important players that will be in Anaheim. (Time: 00:25:30)
  • Will there be more vendors at MLG Anaheim? Will there be more seats? (Time: 00:30:00)
  • vVv NoControl uses his skill in subtlety as he asks Adam if League of Legends will have an open qualifier for Anaheim. Will the next title MLG announces be invite only? Also, Paradise inquires about other Blizzard titles. Could we see Diablo III? (Time: 00:31:30)
  • The continuation set rule will not be used during the Arena this weekend. Is the rule gone for good? What does Adam say about this subject? (Time: 00:35:00)
  • What could go wrong at Anaheim? Adam leaks news about two tournaments going on for one title during MLG Anaheim. Paradise throws a guess out to which title this might be. Does NASL have a role in this? (Time: 00:39:00)
  • What can we expect from the Arena this weekend and the seven SC2 streams? (Time: 00:43:00)
  • Will we see the MLG Arena expand to more than eight players with more open qualifiers in the future? What is the reason for the answer Adam gives? After this, Jerry asks Adam about the new pricing model for the Spring season. (Time: 00:49:30)
  • What is MLG looking for differently with the Spring Arenas? What can we do as fans to help? (Time: 01:01:00)
  • Where does the CBS Interactive partnership come into play? Will it be seen at the event in person or mainly seen online? How will Gamespot feature what MLG does? (Time: 01:07:00)
  • What is the reasoning for the timing of MLG announcements? (Time: 01:14:30)
  • Does MLG have a plan for the up and coming players and eSports personalities? What does the ecosystem of the amatuer look like? (Time: 01:18:00)
  • Paradise fires off a few quick questions from viewers. Adam recently mentioned a trip to Korea on Twitter. What is MLG planning with this trip to the other side of the world? Could we be seeing an MLG team tournament for Starcraft soon? (Time: 01:28:15)
  • The fighting game arena is only a week away. What new things can we expect in the fighter space? What will Gootecks be doing with MLG? (Time: 01:30:00)
  • What games would Adam personally like to on MLG later this year? What does Adam say about Guild Wars 2 and Diablo III? (Time: 01:39:15)
  • Our hosts thank Adam for coming on the show, Curt sends a poem to Adam, and Adam gives shoutouts to his staff. (Time: 01:45:00)
  • As Adam takes off from the show, the hosts do a quick deconstruction of the interview with Adam. Will MLG be using Summoner's Rift for League of Legends? Will we see Dominion? Could we see both modes? (Time: 01:50:30)
  • Could team specific skins (such as vVv, EG, etc) be a way to help monetize League of Legends and show support for teams? Could this be a way to distinguish teams during tournaments? Is the idea possible? After this, the hosts go into a discussion on spectating both Starcraft and League. (Time: 02:03:30)

Show on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/2M70tOGH-gU

MP3 Only / Podbean Link:

http://vvvgaming.podbean.com/mf/web/rae2v3/LosersBracketEp110.mp3

Subscribe to vVv Gaming Podcasts by Email by clicking here!

Listen to the entire vVv podcast catalog at our podcast website! Click here to check it out!

Jason "Paradise" Kuntz
Community Manager,
Duel of Champions
Ubisoft Entertainment
Follow me on Twitter: @vVvParadise
Friend me of Facebook: /vVvParadise

#2 vVv BuLLeT

vVv BuLLeT

Sports Divison Manager

• Administrator
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

It was an amazing show.

#3 SonTran

SonTran

Forum Commando

• 568 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

I loved how Jerry threw out LoL out there, and Adam was so quiet about it, it was funny
Posted Image
"I must do my best...whatever I put upon my mind, I will grasp it...and rise victorious!"

#4 vVv Medusa

vVv Medusa

Forum cleaner

• Administrator
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

SO EXCITED FOR DIABLO OH EM GEE i'm going to flippppp. Good show as always <3

Posted Image

#5 rmartinez4406

rmartinez4406

Lurker

• 69 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

great episode guys love the series

#6 MikeHunt

MikeHunt

Active Forum Contributor

• 318 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

Great listen in again (: as always.
Posted Image
Evan Benvenutti
StarCraft II I.D. - vVvMikeHunt.992 <----ADD ME (:
XBL - vVv DRiPPiNGb0X <-----ALLCODALLDAY(:|973|NJ|

#7 Voided

Voided

Active Forum Contributor

• 364 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Loved this one! Can't wait to see LoL in MLG for the first time, and I'll definitely be supporting our LoL team in this one! (and let's face it, we all know Adam's talking about LoL).

But yeah, lots of good stuff to be heard in this episode. Though, I do wonder if NoControl was content to just sit back and let everyone else talk while Adam was on?
vVv Donor: Donating $50 a month or your money back--wait, that's not how that quote goes here...
LoL player. Mainly play as AD Ashe, Support Sona/Soraka, and dabbling a little in jungle Malphite.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cbsi, mlg, adam apicella, starcraft, arena, anaheim, blizzard, league of legends, diablo, heart of the swarm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive Free Shipping with your purchase of $99 or more!
Change Theme!