Welcome to vVv Gaming

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• vVv Bagzli

We have moved to Discord   08/04/2016

There has been a strong desire among the community to migrate to Discord for quite some time. As of today, our community will be using Discord and as a result, we will no longer be actively using our TeamSpeak Server.  The TeamSpeak server will temporarily stay active to help inform all of our move to Discord. Within the next couple of months, it will be shut down completely.  For a quick invite to our new Discord server, you can click here.  
      For a full detailed guide visit http://www.vVv-Gaming.com/Discord
    • vVv Bagzli

New Supersonic Series Start Time   10/17/2016

We would like to thank everyone who participated in our recent survey regarding the start time of our tournaments.  After reviewing responses from the survey sent out to tournament participants we have decided to make changes to the start time of our events to try to better accommodate everyone.  Beginning on Monday, October 24th, all of our tournaments will start an hour earlier - at 8PM Eastern.  This means that registration will close at 7:30 EST, and that check-in starts at 7:30 EST and closes at 7:45 EST.
vVv Brock

vVv michs09 Wins GameStop PowerUp Virgin Gaming Qualifier!

31 posts in this topic

gallery_17235_854_711.png

gallery_5702_612_22242.png

vVv michs09 Has Won the GameStop PowerUp Virgin Gaming Qualifier!

Michael “michs09” LaBelle recently entered into the Virgin Gaming Gamestop Powerup Rewards VIP access tourney for FIFA 12 on the PS3. Like most Virgin Gaming tournaments, the qualification process included multiple stages. The first round had michs needing to win 4 games in a row against his opponents, followed be 2 more wins in a row in the second round, and finally three more wins in a row in bracket play to win the qualifier. Despite knowing that a single loss would knock him out of the qualifier, michs stayed focused and was able to win all 9 rounds in a row needed to win the qualifier!

med_gallery_8210_903_53392.png

vVv michs09 had a tough road throughout the tournament, but remained the only player standing at the end!

For winning this qualifier, vVv michs09 will have his airfare, his travel from the airport to the hotel, and his four-night hotel stay covered for the event taking place April 27th in NYC where the prize pool for Fifa is an unprecedented $400,000! In addition to winning the qualifier for Fifa 12, he was also able to qualify for the NHL 12 tournament, where the prize pool is $200,000!

When asked about the tournament, michs09 stated "I was fortunate enough to catch fire in this competition and come out beating opponent after opponent all the way to the finals. Huge shout out to vVv & our sponsors who make it possible for competitive gaming teams & esports to grow. I’m looking forward to the final event, where I will be competing in FIFA 12 & NHL 12. As a dual competitor, I need to put towards a lot of time training in order to give myself the best chances to win.

The competition will be tough, and the rules for the final event are not exactly what I hoped for, but with a prize pool so large there isn’t any room for complaining or making excuses."

Huge congrats to Mike on qualifying for both Fifa 12 and NHL 12, and best of luck at the event in New York!

Video made by michs09, describing how he feels about the tournament:

What a frickin prize pool! congratz so far michs and best of luck for the upcoming event!!!

Great job. I'm not going to even pretend to know anything about soccer, but I hope you take home a good chunk of that super awesome prize pool. Way to represent!

That prize pool is ridiculous! Congratulations on earning the opportunity to compete for it!

Appreciate it, if their are any New Yorkers on the site.. I would recommend comin out to the event.. Virgin Gaming is teamed up with Maxim Magazine for the event, and them ladies is bad :)

also vVv Figoskills is qualified for this event

Appreciate it, if their are any New Yorkers on the site.. I would recommend comin out to the event.. Virgin Gaming is teamed up with Maxim Magazine for the event, and them ladies is bad :)

also vVv Figoskills is qualified for this event

To bad I live like on the VT border >.<

i will go if it's in new york city, i'll be rooting for you :yes:

depends where in nYC

Edited by RayOfLight

i will go if it's in new york city, i'll be rooting for you :yes:

depends where in nYC

I believe it's gonna be in Manhattan, let me go through some emails

Good job.

Congrats.

Made me giggle. I think someone forgot he posted already xD..

Congrats la~