Receive Free Shipping with your purchase of $99 or more!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:58 PM) @vVv Tatsuota ah kk, I can show you around AA with my boat later today if you want
@  vVv Tatsuota : (24 April 2014 - 01:50 PM) @vVv Pherzghul im streaming and mumble is messed up with my headset
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:49 PM) @vVv Tatsuota you should also get on the AA mumble channel, thats where we are when we play
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:48 PM) thats nightbane, Tak (obviously), starman, me and jayc
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:48 PM) @vVv Tatsuota add Zil, Tak, Sideria, Movious and Emyaj to your friends list for now
@  vVv Tatsuota : (24 April 2014 - 01:43 PM) @vVv Pherzghul dam i wanbt a guild haha
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:37 PM) @vVv Tatsuota my bro asked in the guild but there werent any ppl able to invite
@  vVv Jackal : (24 April 2014 - 01:23 PM) So than im gonna be a star of the day... because i did that ! :D
@  vVv Jackal : (24 April 2014 - 01:23 PM) SO ! U KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS ?! vVv LOGO FOR EVERY vVv MEMBER ! :D if somebody will want it :P
@  vVv Tatsuota : (24 April 2014 - 01:22 PM) @vVv Pherzghul you should invite me to the guild you are in
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:21 PM) yes it is
@  vVv Jackal : (24 April 2014 - 01:20 PM) still didnt get the answer :P is it a multi use ? :D or did i miss something
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:19 PM) I am eyeing the 150 founder pack, but idk it's kind of steep without exactly knowing what you can buy with their game currency
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:19 PM) so stamp+memory ink=logo item
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:18 PM) you get a stamp that you can customize only once. Then buy memory ink to craft the item that you use to place the logo
@  vVv Jackal : (24 April 2014 - 01:17 PM) @ vVv Pherzghul so its like multi use ?
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:16 PM) the item you use to place the stamp is also tradeable, so you can make the logo for anyone else that needs it
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:16 PM) @vVv Jackal you can put the logo on a boat's sail too ;]
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:15 PM) @vVv Jackal Trion is having a stream tonight, they will show off the gliders and then probably announce the packs
@  vVv Jackal : (24 April 2014 - 01:15 PM) @ vVv Pherzghul Gonna be running arround with a cloak and a vVv Logo on the back :P

Photo

vVv michs09 Wins GameStop PowerUp Virgin Gaming Qualifier!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 vVv Brock

vVv Brock

Former vVv Vice President of Visual Media

• Honorary Member
  • 901 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

vVv michs09 Has Won the GameStop PowerUp Virgin Gaming Qualifier!

Michael “michs09” LaBelle recently entered into the Virgin Gaming Gamestop Powerup Rewards VIP access tourney for FIFA 12 on the PS3. Like most Virgin Gaming tournaments, the qualification process included multiple stages. The first round had michs needing to win 4 games in a row against his opponents, followed be 2 more wins in a row in the second round, and finally three more wins in a row in bracket play to win the qualifier. Despite knowing that a single loss would knock him out of the qualifier, michs stayed focused and was able to win all 9 rounds in a row needed to win the qualifier!

Posted Image
vVv michs09 had a tough road throughout the tournament, but remained the only player standing at the end!

For winning this qualifier, vVv michs09 will have his airfare, his travel from the airport to the hotel, and his four-night hotel stay covered for the event taking place April 27th in NYC where the prize pool for Fifa is an unprecedented $400,000! In addition to winning the qualifier for Fifa 12, he was also able to qualify for the NHL 12 tournament, where the prize pool is $200,000!

When asked about the tournament, michs09 stated "I was fortunate enough to catch fire in this competition and come out beating opponent after opponent all the way to the finals. Huge shout out to vVv & our sponsors who make it possible for competitive gaming teams & esports to grow. I’m looking forward to the final event, where I will be competing in FIFA 12 & NHL 12. As a dual competitor, I need to put towards a lot of time training in order to give myself the best chances to win.

The competition will be tough, and the rules for the final event are not exactly what I hoped for, but with a prize pool so large there isn’t any room for complaining or making excuses.
"

Huge congrats to Mike on qualifying for both Fifa 12 and NHL 12, and best of luck at the event in New York!

Video made by michs09, describing how he feels about the tournament:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR5KKzIf_GQ

#2 OhMyApollo

OhMyApollo

Forum Commando

• 628 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

vVv's gonna win EVERYTHING!!!

Nice job!!!

Coach of Ability
GT: OhMyApollo Skype: InsiderApollo

Former vVv Halo Coach: 

Columbus '12: vVv Ability- 17th

#3 Soul

Soul

Active Forum Contributor

• 329 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

Congrats :D
Posted Image

#4 fredyboy41

fredyboy41

Active Forum Contributor

• 399 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

Congrats to you bro :)!!!
Posted Image

#5 Griddlez

Griddlez

Active Forum Contributor

• 368 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

Good job and good luck!

#6 Voided

Voided

Active Forum Contributor

• 364 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

DOMINATE!

You go, Misch. Bring home the gold!
vVv Donor: Donating $50 a month or your money back--wait, that's not how that quote goes here...
LoL player. Mainly play as AD Ashe, Support Sona/Soraka, and dabbling a little in jungle Malphite.

#7 vVv Blazek

vVv Blazek

Columnist / MMO Guru

• MMO
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

What a frickin prize pool! congratz so far michs and best of luck for the upcoming event!!!

PSN: Fayt87 GT: vVv Blazek Steam: vVv Blazek

Currently Playing: FFXIV - Warrior, WoW - Monk

#8 vVv Shadow

vVv Shadow

Research King

• Titanfall
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

Congratulations michs09 you make vVv Proud!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 vVv Anaxamander

vVv Anaxamander

vVv Historian

• League of Legends
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

Great job. I'm not going to even pretend to know anything about soccer, but I hope you take home a good chunk of that super awesome prize pool. Way to represent!

#10 _RaGe

_RaGe

Active Forum Contributor

• 220 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

Congrats man!!
Follow ME @AoS_RaGe

#11 vVv Medusa

vVv Medusa

Forum cleaner

• Administrator
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

Someone's RIPPINNNNN'! Good job and good luck!

Posted Image

#12 Esoteric

Esoteric

Former Staff Member

• 628 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

That prize pool is ridiculous! Congratulations on earning the opportunity to compete for it!

#13 KrazeR

KrazeR

Active Forum Contributor

• 103 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

Good stuff brah! Best of luck!!

#14 vVv michs09

vVv michs09

vVv FIFA

• Sports Games
  • 684 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

Appreciate it, if their are any New Yorkers on the site.. I would recommend comin out to the event.. Virgin Gaming is teamed up with Maxim Magazine for the event, and them ladies is bad :)

also vVv Figoskills is qualified for this event
Michael "michs09" LaBelle
Professional Gamer
Youtube Facebook Twitter

Contact Email: michs09usa@gmail.com
XBL: vVv michs09 PSN: michs09

Posted Image

#15 vVv Spike

vVv Spike

The Community Troll

• League of Legends
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Appreciate it, if their are any New Yorkers on the site.. I would recommend comin out to the event.. Virgin Gaming is teamed up with Maxim Magazine for the event, and them ladies is bad :)

also vVv Figoskills is qualified for this event

To bad I live like on the VT border >.<

"Sometimes they say JayC is a god,

but then I get MVP"

- Spike for president 2016 - 

#16 The Turtle

The Turtle

That Turtle Kid

• 1,782 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Congratz!
XBL: The Sly Turtle
Halo 4 and Black Ops II Player

#17 Spectral

Spectral

• 352 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

i cannot tel you how stoked i am for you bro!
Paralyzed Quadriplegic Gamer

#18 RayOfLight

RayOfLight

Lurker

• 54 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

i will go if it's in new york city, i'll be rooting for you :yes:

depends where in nYC

Edited by RayOfLight, 04 April 2012 - 03:16 PM.

Favorite qoute, applies to the games i play: Starcraft 2 and Dota 2

"If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.”

#19 vVv michs09

vVv michs09

vVv FIFA

• Sports Games
  • 684 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

i will go if it's in new york city, i'll be rooting for you :yes:

depends where in nYC

I believe it's gonna be in Manhattan, let me go through some emails
Michael "michs09" LaBelle
Professional Gamer
Youtube Facebook Twitter

Contact Email: michs09usa@gmail.com
XBL: vVv michs09 PSN: michs09

Posted Image

#20 Juls

Juls

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

atta boy michs
Never say Never.

-www.team3d.net

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.
Change Theme!