Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Flintelock : (24 October 2014 - 09:28 PM) so late :(
@  vVv Flintelock : (24 October 2014 - 09:28 PM) amateur Draft League
@  vVv Sun Down : (24 October 2014 - 09:10 PM) Over 100 players for Season 3 ADL launch... currently hosting 20 teams. Come watch Tune into the cast for vVv Gaming's Amateur Draft League Season 3 Kick Off!!! http://www.twitch.tv/livevvvcommunity/
@  vVv Twitter : (24 October 2014 - 09:09 PM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): Amateur Draft League Season 3 is live now Summoners! Game one is about to start on the rift! http://t.co/gicqexa1hT http://t.co/lmuIMRckpR
@  vVv Tatsuota : (24 October 2014 - 09:00 PM) @vVv LordJerith ah alright sounds good. Btw the WoT team who applied looks promising should take a look at that app if you havent already.
@  vVv Buzz : (24 October 2014 - 08:56 PM) #BronzeProblems
@  vVv Buzz : (24 October 2014 - 08:56 PM) @vVv LordJerith I was the only person who didnt get picked :(
@  vVv Bizkit : (24 October 2014 - 08:55 PM) twittter is down >.>
@  vVv LordJerith : (24 October 2014 - 08:48 PM) @vVv Tatsuota Not for CoD. We were jsut chatting with CoD players. We do have ADl going on right now, so many teams playing
@  vVv Tatsuota : (24 October 2014 - 08:47 PM) wait im lost here do we have a team playing somewhere right now?
@  vVv LordJerith : (24 October 2014 - 08:42 PM) ADL looking good
@  vVv Twitter : (24 October 2014 - 07:59 PM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): RT @UbiParadise: Hot damn, @vVv_Dedo! Nearly a 50 bomb that game. Do you #believVve?
@  vVv Twitter : (24 October 2014 - 07:59 PM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): RT @FreddyFolsom: Thanks for the support everyone! We're not done yet! Have another match soon for top4 and then who knows! #BelievVve
@  vVv Twitter : (24 October 2014 - 07:58 PM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): RT @eLevateTcM: Believvve
@  vVv Twitter : (24 October 2014 - 07:58 PM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): RT @Complex_92: #BelievVve
@  vVv Bizkit : (24 October 2014 - 07:51 PM) :)
@  vVv Twitter : (24 October 2014 - 07:47 PM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): RT @vVv_Bizkit: Looking for passionate gamers and leaders among the CoD universe to join staff! Feel free to read and apply here: http://t.…
@  vVv Twitter : (24 October 2014 - 07:29 PM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): The #LeagueOfLegends Amateur Draft League begins in 30 minutes! Get into Mumble to reserve your spot in the picks! http://t.co/3gpga4FGdm
@  vVv Flintelock : (24 October 2014 - 07:19 PM) Mumble full. Town Hall meeting in progress. Recommend using another voice chat if not in Town Hall meet
@  vVv Daviepants : (24 October 2014 - 07:09 PM) Happy Friday friends :)

Photo

vVv Ability at MLG Columbus!

vvv ability ability fragthat apollo expozur papacat xploits mlg columbus mlg columbus

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 vVv Brock

vVv Brock

Former vVv Vice President of Visual Media

• Donor: vVv Member
  • 914 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Written by vVv Apollo

"What an event! Another year, another Columbus!! Tis the tale of vVv Ability at this year’s MLG Winter Championship 2012! A little background on the team, Xploits, FragThat, Expozur, and I all live within an hour of each other, Xploits and Expozur are closer, while PappaCat is from Kentucky. PapaCat flew up Wednesday for some Halo/Floor Hockey boot camp! When Friday afternoon rolled around the team had assembled in Columbus Ohio, getting ready to tackle the weekend.

Friday started really late for the Halo Free-For-All, which would determine the teams seeds for the event. This was taken with mixed emotions for much of the community. Many of the “professional” halo players had not played split screen, where you are sharing a TV and Xbox with one of your teammates or another person, since the very beginning of Halo 3, some maybe longer. There were several pros who had been knocked out early on and were blaming the new equipment and the split screen. Ability had a decent amount of success. PappaCat, unfortuantely, was knocked out in the first round, and FragThat and Xploits were knocked out in Round 2 of the FFA. Expozur made it the furthest, going to the fourth round and having it come down to the wire, but he had a few bad spawns and some bad luck, which ultimately knocked him out in Round 4.

Posted Image
vVv Ability playing MLG Columbus

We left the venue late and ended up ordering some Domino's to the hotel room around 1am. Where we chilled, ate, and generally messed around until getting some much needed sleep. Saturday morning rolled around and we overslept by a small bit. Wanting to be up and at the venue around 8:30, we ended up sleeping until then, only to get up and grab a quick bagel from the continental breakfast and running down to the venue. We arrived at the venue around 9, only to find out that they pushed the start time back to 11am! At least this gave us some great warm up games. We ended up going 7-0 in warm-ups against a few semi-decent teams. From the Halo FFA tournament the day before, we ended up as the 82nd seed, which by no means was a bad thing. If we could not have a top 16 seed, then we defiantly wanted a middle of the road seed because it would give both a challenging bracket, but reduce the chance that we played a top 16 team until later in the bracket.

Ability managed to secure a bye in Winners Round 1, which gave us even more down time which was both a good thing and bad thing. It both gave us time to relax and grab some lunch, but it also made us a bit anxious to play. In Winners Round 2, we played the team GodSpeed, whom we defeated 2-0. In winners Round 3, we played the team Evolution, which we also defeated 2-0. In winners round 4 we played one of the top seeded teams from the Free For All, 15th seed UoR Stay Dreaming. They won the first game, but we rallied and defeated them 2-1! Next we would face the only professional team in our bracket, Carbon, which consisted of Ryanoob, Blaze, Assault and Snipedown a team that would later move on to take 7th in the entire tournament. The winner of this game would place within the top 12. However, we were defeated pretty soundly in a 3-0 loss for it was the first round in the best of 5 series. We were disappointed, but we kept our heads held high because if we lost, we wanted it to be to a professional team that would go far in the tournament. We headed back to the hotel to get a good night rest.

Posted Image
vVv Ability after winning a match

Sunday morning we woke up early and grab breakfast to head to the venue. We arrived to a nearly empty venue. We were to play the European team, Apex Devastation, for top 16 and professional status. We played hard, but ended up losing 3-0, placing within the top 24. While Devastation continued on to place top 16, by being defeated next round by another professional team, Warriors. After the defeat, it definitely shook us. We were hoping to outplace the 21st placing that we got in Anaheim, only to place in the top 24, with no definitely seeding, due to there not being any consolation matches.

As a team, we are ready for the next event, though we will be losing Kevin (FragThat) who is going to serve our nation by going to boot-camp. He will always be a part of Ability. If you see him on twitter or the forums, make sure you thank him for going. We plan to go into the next event even more prepared and wearing our three V's!"

#2 Arkaine

Arkaine

L'Influente

• 896 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

I wish I caught them playing on the Reach stream. I'll have to get off the SC2 stream next time :P

Congrats to Ability in catching Top 24, I can't wait to see them play at the next event.
@vVvArkaine
Posted Image

#3 vVv Medusa

vVv Medusa

Forum Cleaner

• Administrator
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

Yesss, congrats on the placing :} Everyone seemed like cool dudes!! Hope to see you all at future events again.

Posted Image

#4 ODieN (Ex vVv)

ODieN (Ex vVv)

Active Forum Contributor

• 312 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Woooo! Go Ability! I'm sure you guys will do even better at the next MLG Event! :)
Xbl//vVv ODieN - Twitter//@vVv_ODieN - AIM//NightlifeofaDJ - Skype//marc.gabuat
"The only talent you weren't born with, was the talent to not limit yourself."

#5 Frosted

Frosted

Active Forum Contributor

• 100 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

wow congrats on top24 guys, reppin vVv well! i smell a top 5 finish next event :D
@MLGFrosted | PSN: Frostedd | Skype: MLGFrosted

#6 FacT

FacT

Forum Commando

• 566 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

It's a shame they didn't get professional status, maybe next event.
Hoping to be the change I need to be for myself.
Gt: vVv FacT
Battle.net vVvFact#1550 Add me for diablo!!!
Posted Image

#7 Soul

Soul

Active Forum Contributor

• 329 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

congrats to all
Posted Image

#8 Voison

Voison

I play FFXIV. :)

• 3,620 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

Well done guys!

Kenny "Voison" Gordon
Twitter: @TL_Voison

#9 Sg Vaider

Sg Vaider

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

congrats to everyone well done .

#10 PappaCat

PappaCat

Lurker

• 64 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

Great read Dave. Thanks everyone.
gt: vVv PapaCat
Follow Me on Twitter.

#11 KrazeR

KrazeR

Active Forum Contributor

• 103 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

Great read! Hopefully you guys get a great 4th! Best of luck in the search!

#12 CLowNz

CLowNz

Active Forum Contributor

• 184 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

Top 24? Wow thats amazing great work guys, Keep it up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vvv ability, ability, fragthat, apollo, expozur, papacat, xploits, mlg, columbus, mlg columbus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!