Sign in to follow this  
Twinkiey

Twinkiey's Application

• Name: Elliott Platt

• Age (minimum 16): 16

• Gamertags (for all systems you own): Twinkiey, TwinkieySargood for Xbox Live

• Do you have access to a computer and e-mail on a daily basis? Yes

• What are your screen names (all that apply)? (AIM, MSN, Skype, Steam, Xfire) Illedracttoile for AIM, presidentsatan for Skype, Twinkiey for Steam and Origins

• How frequently do you use Facebook, Twitter, Digg and/or Google+? Daily

• How did you hear about vVv Gaming? Were you referred to the site? If so, by whom? My brother, vVvPlattypus told me about it before he joined.

• Who do you know currently in vVv Gaming? How do you know them? vVvPlattypus is my brother, I've played with vVvBigPapa, vVvSpike, vVvMileyCyrus, vVvAsylum, and numerous others

• Why are you interested in joining vVv Gaming? I have always dreamed of becoming a competitive gamer, and I hope, through vVv, I can fulfill that dream. Also, I hope to make gaming less of a taboo thing among close-minded individuals who see gaming as nothing but time wasting.

• Adding value is an important aspect of being in vVv Gaming. How will you, personally, add value? I hope to help teach and educate players, along with gaining experience myself. I try to give back more than I get from any community

• Are you familiar with vVv's Geek to Me articles and Losers Bracket Podcast? If so, what are some of your favorites and why? No, I am not.

• How long have you been playing video games? Since I was about 5

• How many hours per week do you devote to gaming? about 40-50 hours

• What’s the hardest game you’ve ever beaten? Battletoads, Ninja Gaiden, Baldur''s Gate Series

• What games coming out are you looking forward to play and why? Diablo 3, as I've played 1 and 2 which rank up high on my list of favorite games.

• What are your hobbies and interests outside of gaming? I fence, I write (very occasionally) and I collect weaponry

• Where do you see yourself next year at this time? Hopefully, competing in bigger tournaments.

• What kind of competitive tournament experience do you have? Very little, a few runs in King of Summoner's Hill

• Have you attended any national events (MLG, WCG, CPL)? MLG Providence 2011, and Pax East 2011

• How long have you been playing competitively? I haven't been playing competitively in the normal sense, but I've been trying to get into it.

• What was your best competitive moment? What was your worst? My best moment was getting to the quarterfinals of King of Summoner's Hill against vVv Bigpapa. My worst moment was losing in the first round of my first King of Summoner's Hill.

• What do you hope to achieve, competitively? I hope to make my name known, and possibly make a career out of competitive gaming.

• What was your toughest competition? King of Summoner's Hill

• How do you see vVv Gaming adding value to you? I hope that by joining vVv, I can not only become a better player, but I can learn to be a part of a gaming community, and add value to it.

• Do you see yourself as competitive or causal gamer? I see myself as a competitive gamer

Edited by Twinkiey

Welcome! Is this your 1st or 2nd app? Anyway Good luck on your app :)

This is my second App, my first being in october last year. I was being lazy last time and I wasn't active enough. I plan to change that for this application.

This is my second App, my first being in october last year. I was being lazy last time and I wasn't active enough. I plan to change that for this application.

Oh ok haha I was just wondering cause I swore I saw your names on the forums before :) good luck this time and stay active!!! :D

Welcome to vVv Gaming! Enjoy your visits to our forum and our website. If you have any any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me or any of the vVv Staff members (easily recognized by their gold or purple color in our shoutbox). Make sure to connect with as many vVv members as possible, start gaming with them and get to know the community. Once again, thank you for registering on our site, and we hope to see much more of you! Also, please upload a personal photo and fill out your forum personal profile and "About Me" Page COMPLETELY. (Go to My Controls, then Personal Profile section). Here at vVv, we like to know our members!Along with that, we would like you to subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter! You can find all the links and info here: important way to stay active is to be sure that you do the following:

If you have any questions, please contact an available staff member, feel free to send me a Private Message through our forums or you can post here: http://vvv-gaming.com/forum/index.php?showforum=323.vVv Gaming is about being active and its members adding value. If you don't have time to add value to vVv-Gaming by activity, gfx, or other ways, we have one convenient way to add value: http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31340Don't forget to checkout all the topics above the shoutbox. They contain important news and information.Again, Welcome!

Social media is very important way to add value as a vVv member, and Twitter usage is required if you want to be a part of vVv Gaming. We ask that you retweet some type of vVv news at least once a day. Twitter is a great social media tool. Twitter is a great way to tell people about what has your attention. Every vVv forum thread has a share feature that allows you to automatically tweet topics you find interesting. Be sure to synchronize your Twitter account with your vVv forum profile, as it will make this easier.

When retweeting about vVv, your tweets can be about the the new losers bracket for the week, or about one of our player's placing at an event or if vVv picks up a new team or player. It could even be about how vVv has a new content or a new stream page. Most of the tweets from vVv's official page has some of the best stuff to retweet. When you are retweeting to your followers, please DO NOT spam retweets. When we say spam, we mean don't retweet every single thing from the vVv official twitter page, especially right in a row.. This is a quick way to get your application closed and your Twitter stream blocked by your followers. You don't like when you get spam in your e-mail or anywhere else, so don't do it on Twitter. Make sure you don't just retweet, but also tell people what has your attention.

If you are not very familiar with Twitter or just starting out, don't worry its easy to use. Simply go to vVv's official twitter page, then look at one of the tweets on the page. Try and find something newer and something you think people want to know. Now look for "Retweet" and just click it. Please remember that spamming retweets WILL NOT help in your chance of joining vVv Gaming.

Good Luck!

Application closed. Applications are closed for the following reasons:

-Requested by applicant

-Inactivity

-Failed to upload a Pic

-Failed to COMPLETELY fill out Forum Personal Profile and "About Me" Page

-Applied to another organization

-Inappropriate conduct

Please contact me or staff if you feel this has been done in error. If you do not contact staff within 3 days, this application will be filed away as "Closed/Not Admitted."

Thank You.