Receive Free Shipping with your purchase of $99 or more!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Minjaaa : (24 April 2014 - 07:52 PM) D4rkcide, I'm on my way home now. Be there real soon
@  vVv WooTang : (24 April 2014 - 07:49 PM) Had a good time at the CGN
@  vVv d4rkcide : (24 April 2014 - 07:45 PM) For MOBA night tonight, playing smite. We are meeting the Miscellaneous Games channel in mumble, see you there starting in 15 mins
@  vVv Zedige : (24 April 2014 - 07:42 PM) CGN was pretty cool for the return of it
@  Shorlong : (24 April 2014 - 07:42 PM) @.dissent :P
@  vVv SugarBear : (24 April 2014 - 07:41 PM) Titanfall CGN starting in 20 minutes! Get on mumble :)
@  .dissent : (24 April 2014 - 07:32 PM) @Shorlong I see how it is.
@  Shorlong : (24 April 2014 - 07:01 PM) Oops, wrong time! Starts in exactly one hour!
@  Shorlong : (24 April 2014 - 06:40 PM) Smite CGN in 20 minutes for Thursday Night MOBA CGN! Who all is coming?
@  Ticonz : (24 April 2014 - 06:36 PM) Archeage Founder packs went live!
@  vVv Deadblow : (24 April 2014 - 06:29 PM) hey hey
@  Mr SynerG : (24 April 2014 - 06:28 PM) CoD update be on once it finishes
@  vVv NaturaL : (24 April 2014 - 06:01 PM) http://www.twitch.tv/vvvhavik streaming the CGN here
@  Phantom23 : (24 April 2014 - 06:00 PM) ArcheAge Founders Pack time??
@  Ticonz : (24 April 2014 - 05:58 PM) Trion ArcheAge Stream coming up in 2 minutes! Giving away 3 alpha keys! http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds
@  KyleSHyper11 : (24 April 2014 - 05:58 PM) @sugarbear Peggle 2 DLC!!! woooohooo
@  Mr SynerG : (24 April 2014 - 05:54 PM) @vVv Zedige I might hop on havent touched CoD since TF
@  vVv Zedige : (24 April 2014 - 05:51 PM) Whos Ready for this CoD CGN?
@  vVv Bizkit : (24 April 2014 - 05:50 PM) @vVv NaturaL ill be a lil late. Gotta eat dinner first
@  vVv NaturaL : (24 April 2014 - 05:47 PM) CGN starts in 15 minutes! Message vVv Havik or vVv xNaturaL for an inv!

Photo

Phantasy Star Online 2 to be Free to play & Download.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Voison

Voison

Team Legacy [TL]

• 3,557 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:32 AM

http://andriasang.co.../pso2_detailed/

Sega shared final details today on Phantasy Star Online 2's pricing scheme, and also revealed that the game, or a version of it at least, will be coming to a third platform.
The big change from past PSO games as far as pricing goes is that PSO2 will be free-to download and play. It will use an item transaction system, meaning you'll need to pay for some items.
PC and Vita owners won't have the game all to themselves. Sega announced a smartphone version, which will be released on iOS and Android.
The smartphone version will be different from the PC and Vita version. The PC and Vita versions offer cross platform play. The smartphone version will just share data with the two versions

Posted ImagePosted Image

The smartphone version, and the relationship with the PC and Vita version.
Sega also says that the smartphone version will offer simpler character creation, and a simpler control experience, complete with social game elements. Sega says to expect a more "personal" and "simple" experience compared to the other two versions.
The PC version of PSO2 will be arriving first (as previously promised), with service planned to begin in early summer. The smartphone version will come next, in Winter 2012. The Vita version is due in Spring 2013.

Posted Image

The Phantasy Star Online 2 schedule.

Sega will hold the game's promised closed beta test in late April. This test will reach a scale of 100,000, and will allow for 24 hour play (when there's no maintenance, of course). Players will also get to sample story elements from the game.

Kenny "Voison" Gordon
Twitter: @TL_Voison

#2 Vagrance

Vagrance

I need to post more!

• 269 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

I loved this game on Dreamcast. (PSO 1) I only got to level 74 I think. It was all offline play too

#3 Warrior

Warrior

Active Forum Contributor

• 146 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

Phantasy star universe on the xbox was the shiz.

#4 ShadowsCrush

ShadowsCrush

Active Forum Contributor

• 281 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

For those interested, the Japanese closed beta has been amazing so far, pain to get into it, but well worth the effort!
Definitely something to look forward to whenever they get around to going international or NA, but the freelancers doing the english patches have done an excellent job so far making it understandable at least lol

Posted Image
Sig by vVv SwifTy
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Defyiant

Defyiant

Active Forum Contributor

• 339 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:01 AM

This game is in open beta now and I have been playing for the last week it's worth the time and effort for such a beautiful game. If you don't mind playing in Japanese I urge you to give it a try True fans would of be on this already

Posted Image Defyiant

Posted Image @NoFaithNGod

#6 Clbull

Clbull

I need to post more!

• 16 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

They pretty much had to do this. Phantasy Star Online 2 wouldn't have been lapped up in today's MMORPG/ORPG market if it weren't free-to-play especially since it's not actually an MMORPG but rather simply an ORPG much like Guild Wars is and the latter is free to play and basically the penultimate ORPG at the moment. Furthermore, the free-to-play model has skyrocketed in success in recent years even from Western developers.

This game is in open beta now and I have been playing for the last week it's worth the time and effort for such a beautiful game. If you don't mind playing in Japanese I urge you to give it a try True fans would of be on this already

Please tell me there will be an English language open beta soon. I would DEFINITELY play the crap out of that especially since I was a fan of PSO and PSU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.
Change Theme!