Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Hinao : (18 December 2014 - 10:58 AM) Sleep, sleep, sleep
@  vVv Daviepants : (18 December 2014 - 10:47 AM) Hop, skip, jump~
@  vVv Ranko : (18 December 2014 - 10:35 AM) You belong in a Museum.
@  Hinao : (18 December 2014 - 10:23 AM) @vVv Daviepants yea :P visiting family and some friends in san diego
@  vVv SugarBear : (18 December 2014 - 10:15 AM) On the plus side I think I've lost about 40 pounds just from blowing my nose
@  vVv SugarBear : (18 December 2014 - 10:15 AM) I've been sick since Tuesday, this doesn't happen often :(
@  vVv Daviepants : (18 December 2014 - 10:12 AM) @Sugarbear best tweet ever by the way xD
@  vVv Daviepants : (18 December 2014 - 10:11 AM) @Hinao so jealous of you right now #iwannagotocali D:
@  Hinao : (18 December 2014 - 10:03 AM) @vVv SugarBear think mines only a quick bug. I am happy I'll be in cali next week
@  vVv SugarBear : (18 December 2014 - 10:02 AM) mine too, only a few hours before I turn I think
@  Hinao : (18 December 2014 - 09:52 AM) @vVv SugarBear have mine their sick x.x
@  vVv SugarBear : (18 December 2014 - 09:41 AM) brraaaaaiiiiinnnnnnsssssss
@  vVv Shadow : (18 December 2014 - 01:12 AM) Hey Guys
@  Scytho : (18 December 2014 - 12:32 AM) yeah! then do that
@  vVv Oriklad : (18 December 2014 - 12:10 AM) true, and I got a 3.825 for my first semester at the college
@  Scytho : (18 December 2014 - 12:09 AM) might as well, the benefits are nice
@  vVv Oriklad : (18 December 2014 - 12:09 AM) Should I do another Life Well and Fitness class for 1 credit so I am a full time student?
@  vVv Oriklad : (18 December 2014 - 12:07 AM) Don't know what to do here
@  vVv Oriklad : (18 December 2014 - 12:07 AM) Guys
@  Scytho : (18 December 2014 - 12:06 AM) Its that but with more roles and in a game format

Photo

vVv Gaming Takes Top Spots at Winter Brawl 6!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Esoteric

Esoteric

Former Staff Member

• 629 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

vVv Gaming's Mortal Kombat Division Does It Again!

Posted Image

Over the years, to describe the eccentric personality of Major League Baseball slugger, Manny Ramirez, his teammates would often use the phrase, "That's just Manny being Manny". Coincidentally, vVv Gaming has its own Manny whom that phrase can be applied to, except it's not used to describe a personality trait. When Manny "vVv CD Jr" Brito is being Manny, he's doing what he does best, and what he's done since the release of Mortal Kombat 9; he's winning tournaments.

This past weekend, NEC Philly hosted their first major of the year, Winter Brawl 6, a fighting game tournament featuring a host of top players from the east coast. As far as Mortal Kombat goes, the weekend was filled with numerous surprises. A 13-year old prodigy was able to take down some big names in the MK community on his way to a top 5 finish and an online warrior, competing in his first tournament, had turned heads and shown execution comparable to that of vVv REO. Something that did not come as a surprise, however, was the placements of vVv Gaming. Throughout pool play on Saturday, vVv CD Jr and vVv REO were able to remain unbeaten and acquire winners bracket positions in Sunday's Top 8. When all was said and done, the two vVv teammates were able to acquire the gold and silver placements, and show the Mortal Kombat community that they deserve to be ranked #1 and #2 in the world.

Posted Image

vVv CD Jr and vVv REO throwing down in the MK9 Grand Finals at Winter Brawl 6 in Philadelphia, PA on Sunday

The vVv Gaming heavyweights, both of whom were flawless throughout the tournament, met in the winners bracket finals for a battle of the unbeatens. CD Jr was able to have his way with REO's Kabal, easily sending him to the losers finals with a 3-1 defeat. In the losers finals, REO sent VSM Crazy Dominican home with 3rd place finish, and advanced to grand finals to seek revenge against his teammate. This time, REO didn't let CD Jr push him around. Coming from the losers bracket, REO was required to win two best-of-5 series over CD Jr to take home the title. When the grand finals begun, REO seemed to have made adjustments and was able to deliver a 3-1 win over CD Jr, resetting the grand finals, and forcing a deciding best-of-5 series. With the hype mounting, CD Jr kept calm, stuck to his fundamentals, and easily took the gold medal with a 3-0, clean sweep of REO.

Posted Image

vVv CD Jr holding up his Mortal Kombat championship belt, courtesy of TestYourMight.com

This was vVv CD Jr's second straight first place finish at a major in 2012, which means he has acquired valuable EVO points that will be used to seed him when the Evolution Championship Series kicks off in July. After this weekend's performance, there is sure to be a giant bull's eye around the three Vs when the MLG Winter Championships take place in late March in Columbus, OH. With the domination that has been displayed by vVv's Mortal Kombat Division, it seems the organization is now a heavy favorite to take the top spots at Mortal Kombat's first appearance at a Major League Gaming event!

Please join me in congratulating vVv CD Jr and vVv REO on their winnings from this past weekend and be sure to wish them luck when they duke it out for the top prizes in Columbus later next month!

#2 Arkaine

Arkaine

L'Influente

• 896 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

CD Jr is an absolute dominant player. Congrats to CD Jr and REO!
@vVvArkaine
Posted Image

#3 vVv Buzz

vVv Buzz

too much swagg for a member title

• Graphic Designer
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

THAT IS THE SICKEST TROPHY/BELT I HAVE EVER SEEN I WOULD WEAR THAT THING EVERYWHERE I GO!!!

Posted Image

#4 vVv Bizkit

vVv Bizkit

• Staff: Moderator
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

Congrats CDR bring home hall of fame wins time and time again lolol

"thanks for all your help and interest in the apps. It does not go unnoticed. :)" -Jerry Prochazka-
"alright thanks a lot bizkit you've been a huge help by asking me the questions and what not. the job you do is awesome man Proud to have you as a staff memeber!" -_Basher-

i1dvh2.png
j7t9iu.png

#5 The Turtle

The Turtle

That Turtle Kid

• 1,782 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

Woohoo good stuff guys!!!!!
XBL: The Sly Turtle
Halo 4 and Black Ops II Player

#6 Taco

Taco

Active Forum Contributor

• 144 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

Congratulations! I agree with Buzz, that belt is freakin awesome!
Gt - vVv Taco
Hmu to play sometime Posted Image

#7 vVv Brock

vVv Brock

Former vVv Vice President of Visual Media

• Donor: vVv Member
  • 915 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

Now THAT'S what I like to see!

Posted Image

#8 vVv Paradise

vVv Paradise

VIP

• Donor: vVv Member
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

These two guys are incredible! So proud of them. That belt is SO badass :D

Jason "Paradise" Kuntz
Community Manager, 
Ubisoft Entertainment
Current Games: Child of Light, AirMech Arena, Toy Soldiers: War Chest

Follow me on Twitter: @UbiParadise
Friend me of Facebook: /vVvParadise

#9 MLG_Loyal

MLG_Loyal

I need to post more!

• 46 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

CD Jr goes off again, good job bud.

#10 vVv Medusa

vVv Medusa

Forum Cleaner

• Administrator
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

Congrats, guys! You two are absolutely incredible.

Posted Image

#11 ODieN (Ex vVv)

ODieN (Ex vVv)

Active Forum Contributor

• 312 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

Congratulations CD Jr and REO!
Also, might I add that the looks of that belt looks amazing. I want! ;]
Xbl//vVv ODieN - Twitter//@vVv_ODieN - AIM//NightlifeofaDJ - Skype//marc.gabuat
"The only talent you weren't born with, was the talent to not limit yourself."

#12 vVv Perilous

vVv Perilous

I'm Asian - Not Really Though

• Honorary Member
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:20 AM

awesome, just plain awesome... Looking forward to watching the masterpiece he creates with his opponents blood at Cbus :)

#13 KrazeR

KrazeR

Active Forum Contributor

• 103 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

That belt is awesome! Cant wait to see them in action at Cbus!

#14 vVv Sintherius

vVv Sintherius

vVv's Official Rage Tweeter

• League of Legends
  • 585 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

Seriously, these two kick ass. Definitely looking forward to Columbus.
Posted Image

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley

#15 SevenL

SevenL

Lurker

• 68 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

Great showing by both players. I had a great time down there. Next stop, Columbus!

#16 LarK

LarK

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

Congrats guys!, I wish I would have known about this tournament sooner. I'm from Philly and live now about an hour away. I'll keep an eye out for when vVv is in the area. Would have been cool to cheer the best of the best on.

#17 SonicFox

SonicFox

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

Hi im new a.k.a the 13 year old prodigy that everyone has been talking about >_>. I remember fighting cdjr right before i came into top 8 and he put me into the loser brackets. (score 2-1) While fighting his smoke with kl, when he beat my kl with his smoke the first match, i thought of the mk belt that the guy who interviewed me said i would win if i came in first. So i thought of it and it motivated me and i was able to beat his smoke at least once! That made it 1-1 and then he switched to jax and i went "OGOD" Lol his brother crazy dominican took me out. Best kit ive fought. Then i was just crossing along the forums and found this on one of the forums. I remembered cdjr and reo wearing these shirts so i decided to finally sign up. So hi everyone!
My sig is slightly too big..... Im angry

#18 CDjr

CDjr

I need to post more!

• 35 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

welcome sonic

#19 SUDDEN

SUDDEN

Active Forum Contributor

• 128 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

what a boss, BALLING SO HARD
follow me on twitter@CookiesROFL
xfire: strumpy
XBL: AudicyeR

#20 SonicFox

SonicFox

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

welcome sonic

Also congfratulations on you and reo @_@
Ill get your jax at summer jam lol

Edited by SonicFox, 25 February 2012 - 12:09 PM.

My sig is slightly too big..... Im angry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!