Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Spike : (24 April 2014 - 02:05 AM) http://www.twitch.tv/vvvspike :D
@  vVv NaturaL : (24 April 2014 - 12:43 AM) http://www.vvv-gamin...eturns-4-24-14/
@  Aeroglow : (23 April 2014 - 11:46 PM) if anyone is interested top laneing for a ranked 5s team go to this link and fill out the app! http://forums.na.lea...58#post46683958
@  vVv WooTang : (23 April 2014 - 11:17 PM) @Deviant Void why do you have 2 apps
@  ProtoHype : (23 April 2014 - 11:13 PM) Dawngate for a bit: http://www.twitch.tv/protohypelol
@  Deviant Void : (23 April 2014 - 10:26 PM) aye lets hype this shout up!!!! lol anyways hi guys what are we up too?
@  Deviant Void : (23 April 2014 - 10:11 PM) @vVv WooTang of course i am im in a website where i can express stuff without being judged lol
@  vVv WooTang : (23 April 2014 - 09:57 PM) @Deviant Void glad you are
@  vVv Trivium : (23 April 2014 - 09:34 PM) yo
@  vVv noc0ntrol : (23 April 2014 - 07:55 PM) Hearthstone world championships Season 1 http://www.vvv-gamin...ed/#entry634645
@  vVv Sun Down : (23 April 2014 - 07:53 PM) Hey guys CR5W is still o! I'm almost done fixing my internet!
@  vVv WooTang : (23 April 2014 - 07:51 PM) hello
@  vVv Deadblow : (23 April 2014 - 07:26 PM) hey
@  wa1dy : (23 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) Hello?
@  vVv OSH : (23 April 2014 - 06:01 PM) any word back from those guys?
@  vVv OSH : (23 April 2014 - 06:01 PM) noc0ontrol
@  Deviant Void : (23 April 2014 - 06:00 PM) Hello everyone hope you guys are having a fantastic time
@  vVv Sintherius : (23 April 2014 - 05:48 PM) I mean obviously.
@  vVv noc0ntrol : (23 April 2014 - 05:46 PM) you do steal your account. clearly.
@  vVv Sintherius : (23 April 2014 - 05:43 PM) Nothing like Riot changing my password then making me answer a shit ton of questions because they think I stole my account..

Photo

Just wanted to drop by and say hi

vvv lol

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 twoCube

twoCube

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

I've play with a lot of the vVv community guys and just thought I should stop over and say hi to all of you guys. I can only read so much reddit and feel like a real tiny part of the community.

For those I haven't played with, I'd like to say whats up. I main AD Carry (Vayne and Graves being my best) and feel I can hold my own with everything except jungle. I feel it's a tough position to learn. My IGN is twoCube so hit me up whenever you like, although I am in a recent push to raise my Elo (currently 1275). I feel like I've got the potential to get higher, but need to really focus on map awareness and team fight positioning. My current strength lies in lane dominance, but once laning phase is over, my positioning gets the best of me.

For those of you who I have met and played with, WHATS UP! Anax and I dominated bot lane that one in house game (ezreal soraka) but that skarner/top/Ahri were too strong!

I'll read up and try to chime in a bit.

Mike

Edited by twoCube, 20 February 2012 - 12:47 PM.

#2 Vagrance

Vagrance

I need to post more!

• 269 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

TWOCUBE!

#3 twoCube

twoCube

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

VAGRANCE!

#4 BigPapa

BigPapa

Active Forum Contributor

• 202 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

Nice to see you intrested in vVv, Michael. you should appy to our LoL division, i know with work you dont get the most time in the world, but its pretty easy and would be nice to see you even more into the community.
Posted Image

#5 vVv Anaxamander

vVv Anaxamander

vVv Historian

• League of Legends
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

I've play with a lot of the vVv community guys and just thought I should stop over and say hi to all of you guys. I can only read so much reddit and feel like a real tiny part of the community.

For those I haven't played with, I'd like to say whats up. I main AD Carry (Vayne and Graves being my best) and feel I can hold my own with everything except jungle. I feel it's a tough position to learn. My IGN is twoCube so hit me up whenever you like, although I am in a recent push to raise my Elo (currently 1275). I feel like I've got the potential to get higher, but need to really focus on map awareness and team fight positioning. My current strength lies in lane dominance, but once laning phase is over, my positioning gets the best of me.

For those of you who I have met and played with, WHATS UP! Anax and I dominated bot lane that one in house game (ezreal soraka) but that skarner/top/Ahri were too strong!

I'll read up and try to chime in a bit.

Mike

Unfortunately, if you want to move up in solo que rating, you might have to pick up a different role. You really don't control much of the game as an AD carry. You are at the mercy of your support player's ability and have little ability to help control your buffs and gank other lanes as an AD carry. You also are highly reliant upon your support and tanks to keep brawlers off of you in team fights. In my experiences, you can make a much greater impact on the final outcome of a game in other roles, especially in lower elo ranges in any other role except support.

As for positioning... I also find it hard to position in team fights, especially against skilled players that know how to initiate properly and focus you down. In a scrim match against TGF, their Maokai would initiate team fights by popping Shurelia's, flashing, and snaring me playing Graves while sitting under a turret behind my whole team. If you have trouble positioning, it might be because you are focusing the wrong targets. Generally, you can just attack the lowest health champion within your range, whether it's a tank or a squishy. For the most part, you shouldn't be in range of their squishy targets. That's a job for your bruisers.

I have a busy week ahead of me with multiple exams, papers, projects, work, interviews, tournament matches, and my girlfriend's 21'st birthday so you probably won't see me around much, but hopefully this weekend we can get in some more community matches going.

#6 twoCube

twoCube

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

Unfortunately, if you want to move up in solo que rating, you might have to pick up a different role. You really don't control much of the game as an AD carry. You are at the mercy of your support player's ability and have little ability to help control your buffs and gank other lanes as an AD carry. You also are highly reliant upon your support and tanks to keep brawlers off of you in team fights. In my experiences, you can make a much greater impact on the final outcome of a game in other roles, especially in lower elo ranges in any other role except support.

As for positioning... I also find it hard to position in team fights, especially against skilled players that know how to initiate properly and focus you down. In a scrim match against TGF, their Maokai would initiate team fights by popping Shurelia's, flashing, and snaring me playing Graves while sitting under a turret behind my whole team. If you have trouble positioning, it might be because you are focusing the wrong targets. Generally, you can just attack the lowest health champion within your range, whether it's a tank or a squishy. For the most part, you shouldn't be in range of their squishy targets. That's a job for your bruisers.

I have a busy week ahead of me with multiple exams, papers, projects, work, interviews, tournament matches, and my girlfriend's 21'st birthday so you probably won't see me around much, but hopefully this weekend we can get in some more community matches going.

Yup. I completetly understand being at the mercy of the support. As for positioning, my problem was usually over confidence. I, at times (since I've worked on my last hitting and am very farmed), use to feel as I could go in snipe and get out. Basically rambo. Now I'm much more careful and making sure they put themselves out of position to come to me.

#7 Jonzn

Jonzn

Active Forum Contributor

• 305 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

Sounds like a common problem with most AD carries. I am sure we will try to help you out!

#8 Griddlez

Griddlez

Active Forum Contributor

• 368 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

Anaxamander, always a source of good information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive Free Shipping with your purchase of $99 or more!
Change Theme!