Vero

Vero ProDiGY - vVv App

So. . . honestly now, what will be different this time. Be serious in reply. No points for cute. Points for concise, thoughtful answer.

So. . . honestly now, what will be different this time. Be serious in reply. No points for cute. Points for concise, thoughtful answer.

Well I mean the main argument came over subtle differences in playing RIFT and all the bullshit that surrounded that granted it all came from a misunderstanding I kind of just ran with it for the fun of it and as far as that goes I don't know if I will ever be playing many MMOs maybe outside of TERA? Besides for that I mean blatantly fighting with people I deem idiots in the shoutbox or etc is behind me. I've come to learn there is no need to change weak ideas cause it will only make mine that much stronger. Now a days I have a lot of work on my hands and a lot I am doing,want to do and will continue to do through Gears 3 and other games and just E-sports in general. Just thought vVv would be a good place to do it.

Guys doing big things for the community, no doubt. Try to add vVv applicant onto your sigs in Gownation, not sure if you have it on xbox or no, just wanted to give you a heads up.

Either way, stay active here in this comminity as well, we all know how active you are on the gears community. Good luck :)

Guys doing big things for the community, no doubt. Try to add vVv applicant onto your sigs in Gownation, not sure if you have it on xbox or no, just wanted to give you a heads up.

Either way, stay active here in this comminity as well, we all know how active you are on the gears community. Good luck :)

definitely got to do some of those things when I actually get a chance to go on xbox and such haha but thanks.

Have you ever considered writing for vVv?

I don't have the day to day ambition to actually want to write. When I do write articles or stories or some humor stories as I have been known to do in the past. It's nothing I get into for more than a week or so before I lose interest. It's more of a mood or a mode for me not something I see myself doing everyday/week etc or nothing I could uphold or promise too.

I do more organizing, commentating and playing now a days in comparison to old times. Especially with DOTA 2 and MMOs coming out as well as the obligations I have to a few leagues and companies to organize events and such.

Edited by .:Vero:.

I would have a hard time saying no to vero, thankfully thats jerry's job. :P

But in all seriousness I don't currently see a reason not to accept him. It has been what, almost a year now? and after that kind of break we have seen others mature and return to vVv as better people. I think he means well and could add value to vVv.

I would have a hard time saying no to vero, thankfully thats jerry's job. :P

But in all seriousness I don't currently see a reason not to accept him. It has been what, almost a year now? and after that kind of break we have seen others mature and return to vVv as better people. I think he means well and could add value to vVv.

My boi blazek, the rawest mo 'fucka in Aion haha

<3 Much love man.

Come watch me commentate European Gears www.twitch.tv/gowse

The best GoW commentator aka the only.

YOU JUST DONT UNDERSTAND THE FGC, YOU JUST DONT #golfclaps

Bunch of Hipsters if you ask me. You guys need to stop being so anti big events. Steady growth, not stagnant.

As someone who comes from that "grassroots" scene ie the Shitty Gears community. I would be honored to have such big events as MLG. Feels like you guys throw away big opportunities for your big players to have a better spotlight to become more marketable and get more exposure. Let small events and LAN centers be for "Casual play" and fun matches. MLG is the big stage. Don't let stubbornness ruin the competition for the players who want it.

Bunch of Hipsters if you ask me. You guys need to stop being so anti big events. Steady growth, not stagnant.

As someone who comes from that "grassroots" scene ie the Shitty Gears community. I would be honored to have such big events as MLG. Feels like you guys throw away big opportunities for your big players to have a better spotlight to become more marketable and get more exposure. Let small events and LAN centers be for "Casual play" and fun matches. MLG is the big stage. Don't let stubbornness ruin the competition for the players who want it.

We're not anti big events, that doesn't even make sense. We run our own big events, why would that make sense?

We're more grassroots than Gears is. Hell, I come from a community that is so underground that the company who made our game [smash hates us. Yet we prevail. We have always had big events, obviously Gears would be more honored to be at MLG because you barely have your own events. In the beginning, without MLG, you guys were nothing. That's not how we functioned. And MLG is not the end-all, be-all. It may be, but it isn't right now. I'm glad to see that they're working towards it, but things don't happen overnight. If we didn't have our own tournaments literally every day, maybe things would be different.

And you guys really don't understand the BYOC ordeal.

We're not anti big events, that doesn't even make sense. We run our own big events, why would that make sense?

We're more grassroots than Gears is. Hell, I come from a community that is so underground that the company who made our game [smash hates us. Yet we prevail. We have always had big events, obviously Gears would be more honored to be at MLG because you barely have your own events. In the beginning, without MLG, you guys were nothing. That's not how we functioned. And MLG is not the end-all, be-all. It may be, but it isn't right now. I'm glad to see that they're working towards it, but things don't happen overnight. If we didn't have our own tournaments literally every day, maybe things would be different.

And you guys really don't understand the BYOC ordeal.

This is why the FGC is such a joke in some respects. You act like things you have done has never been done before. We all understand Bring your own consoles and stuff. We get it, play for fun, bring old systems, play games you never see on LAN. We get it, it's fun, you all feel good about yourselves and such. You're stuck in like the 90s. If you want for fun events, go to them or make them. Don't try to turn other events into WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO BE. Like it or not, people go to MLG To watch Top Tier matches. No one said the FGC needs MLG. But you're morons too not want it on account of the fact you ask for such primitive and irrelevant things to what makes competition ,competition. If you want a social gathering say so. But this is a tournament.

You pride yourselves on self sustaining,yet it will be the one thing that hinders you in your effort to grow.

This is why the FGC is such a joke in some respects. You act like things you have done has never been done before. We all understand Bring your own consoles and stuff. We get it, play for fun, bring old systems, play games you never see on LAN. We get it, it's fun, you all feel good about yourselves and such. You're stuck in like the 90s. If you want for fun events, go to them or make them. Don't try to turn other events into WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO BE. Like it or not, people go to MLG To watch Top Tier matches. No one said the FGC needs MLG. But you're morons too not want it on account of the fact you ask for such primitive and irrelevant things to what makes competition ,competition. If you want a social gathering say so. But this is a tournament.

You pride yourselves on self sustaining,yet it will be the one thing that hinders you in your effort to grow.

Appeal to ignorance. You've either clearly never been to a fighting game event before (or not enough of them [KOTC having Smash doesn't count btw]) or you just don't quite understand what the purpose of free play is for us.

We don't "bring old consoles", not sure where you got that from. We play games that are actually, if not always, still competitively viable. That's why we're playing them in the free play area - to practice at the event. You got to an FGC event that's running SF and Marvel? You'll see SF and Marvel friendlies. And most likely MK, KoF, 3rd Strike, etc. friendlies, as well, because those are also tournament games.

I'm going to write a blog about this and more, so I don't want to be redundant. But we pride ourselves in having friendlies (or not even that, they're just a part of what we do, it's natural) because it builds social bonds and friendships, it allows players to practice and warm up (remember, we can't play online like you guys can [well, we can, but it's not good practice]), and it gives less skilled players a chance to get more matches in rather than getting double eliminated in bracket then never playing again the rest of the weekend.

We like to have our cake and eat it too, in this situation. We run our events with both top tier matches, as you just said it, and free play. Why can't MLG do the same? It's not that hard. Free play is part of what makes the FGC the FGC, it makes the events more fun. People are more likely to go to an event if they can get those friendlies or money matches in because less than 1% of the people going are going to make money anyway. And it's easier for us to pull it off because, unlike Gears for example, we don't need 4+ consoles for a single match to pull it off. We only need one TV, two controllers, a console and a disc to make a friendly between two people happen. It's more executable for us than it is for you. That doesn't make it a bad idea.

And none of what you said proves that having friendlies is backwards progression.

Appeal to ignorance. You've either clearly never been to a fighting game event before (or not enough of them [KOTC having Smash doesn't count btw]) or you just don't quite understand what the purpose of free play is for us.

We don't "bring old consoles", not sure where you got that from. We play games that are actually, if not always, still competitively viable. That's why we're playing them in the free play area - to practice at the event. You got to an FGC event that's running SF and Marvel? You'll see SF and Marvel friendlies. And most likely MK, KoF, 3rd Strike, etc. friendlies, as well, because those are also tournament games.

I'm going to write a blog about this and more, so I don't want to be redundant. But we pride ourselves in having friendlies (or not even that, they're just a part of what we do, it's natural) because it builds social bonds and friendships, it allows players to practice and warm up (remember, we can't play online like you guys can [well, we can, but it's not good practice]), and it gives less skilled players a chance to get more matches in rather than getting double eliminated in bracket then never playing again the rest of the weekend.

We like to have our cake and eat it too, in this situation. We run our events with both top tier matches, as you just said it, and free play. Why can't MLG do the same? It's not that hard. Free play is part of what makes the FGC the FGC, it makes the events more fun. People are more likely to go to an event if they can get those friendlies or money matches in because less than 1% of the people going are going to make money anyway. And it's easier for us to pull it off because, unlike Gears for example, we don't need 4+ consoles for a single match to pull it off. We only need one TV, two controllers, a console and a disc to make a friendly between two people happen. It's more executable for us than it is for you. That doesn't make it a bad idea.

And none of what you said proves that having friendlies is backwards progression.

I'm not ignorant. I understand and have witnessed the concept. I don't see what you don't get. Not really going to go on about it. Beat around the bush and make it seem whatever you may like. MLG isn't about this type of fun and social bonding you want it to be through free play and all this. I'm not saying you guys don't have competition, don't nit pick words. You're trying to turn MLG into something it's not so it can suit your needs. It's selfish. The FGC wants MLG to GIVE GIVE GIVE and they want to TAKE TAKE TAKE. No point really arguing this, it's self evident and obvious with the little indifferences the FGC finds in MLG to make them seem like the "bad guys" MLG Doesn't have the time or man power to let 100s of different people go on their consoles and play for fun, nor do they have the space for people to bring all their own stuff. It's like going to an NBA game and asking to setup your own court.

Be open to change, don't know why there can't be a separation of fun/social time with competitive/serious time. It doesn't always need to be a mixture of everything. Let people or in this case organizations have an identity. FGC wants their hands way to much in everything. Be grateful and be happy a big organization is supporting you guys. We get it, you don't need MLG just like the Middle East doesn't need Western Culture, but it doesn't mean you should blindly hate almost any and everything about it.

P.S.

Bringing old consoles and playing old games was said DIRECTLY by JeBailey last night on the Show.

Edited by .:Vero:.

I'm not ignorant. I understand and have witnessed the concept. I don't see what you don't get. Not really going to go on about it. Beat around the bush and make it seem whatever you may like. MLG isn't about this type of fun and social bonding you want it to be through free play and all this. I'm not saying you guys don't have competition, don't nit pick words. You're trying to turn MLG into something it's not so it can suit your needs. It's selfish. The FGC wants MLG to GIVE GIVE GIVE and they want to TAKE TAKE TAKE. No point really arguing this, it's self evident and obvious with the little indifferences the FGC finds in MLG to make them seem like the "bad guys" MLG Doesn't have the time or man power to let 100s of different people go on their consoles and play for fun, nor do they have the space for people to bring all their own stuff. It's like going to an NBA game and asking to setup your own court.

Be open to change, don't know why there can't be a separation of fun/social time with competitive/serious time. It doesn't always need to be a mixture of everything. Let people or in this case organizations have an identity. FGC wants their hands way to much in everything. Be grateful and be happy a big organization is supporting you guys. We get it, you don't need MLG just like the Middle East doesn't need Western Culture, but it doesn't mean you should blindly hate almost any and everything about it.

P.S.

Bringing old consoles and playing old games was said DIRECTLY by JeBailey last night on the Show.

Well I can clearly understand how the MLG FPS communities socially bonded (or, rather, did not) and how the FGC did and still does to this day. That's what we enjoy about it. And it's not selfish at all, it's very integral to what we're about. Nothing negative has ever come from having free play, so we don't see why it's all of a sudden negative. It's not like every community that doesn't have it is doing exceedingly much better than us. Honestly, I think the Gears community would be less hostile to one another if you guys actually got together and played the game in person with each other not just in tournament competition like we do. And, again, we don't have online to work off of. How we see it, we need to get together in-person to practice, so why not also run a tournament at the same time, or vice versa? It doesn't hurt anything, it makes us better, it improves our metagame, we become a much more tight-knit community, and everyone gets to play more matches. What's wrong with that?

We're really not trying to turn it into anything it's not. I remember correctly someone telling me (and I've been to MLG events before) that free play does have a presence at MLG. We prefer it having a bigger presence, that's all. It's not a radical change, it's not a completely ridiculous request. It's something that is just as important to us as competition is.

And I really don't get the professional sports analogy there. The problem is that, at an NBA game, the only players are the ones on the court. The crowd is not part of the player category. Whereas, at a gaming competition, the crowd and the players are one and the same. It's a completely inaccurate analogy because you're not taking into account that not only is the entire venue filled with players that want to play, not just the top-top high level players, but also that we have the means to pull it off. MLG doesn't need a ridiculous amount of room to do it, nor a ridiculous amount of consoles. Hell, they probably already have enough to suffice for what we do at our own tournaments out of our own pockets.

None of what you're saying proves to me that you're not in fact ignorant of the situation. You're not the first to say this, but you're also not the first to be misinformed. And don't generalize either - the entire FGC does not hate MLG, nor do we hate change, nor are we all ungrateful. Are some of us? Definitely. Many of us? Maybe. But we're vocal and we have a right to be vocal. I might as well take pot shots at the Gears community for complaining to Epic all the time about the stuff they don't do for the game and the stuff they didn't put in etc etc, but I'm not. You guys had just as much of a right to complain to Epic about Gears 3 as we have the right to complain to MLG and similar organizations about how they do things.

I know MLG is about competition, so are we. If anything, free play fosters more competition than anything else. Also, I forgot if Jebailey said that, if he did he's refering to using old consoles to play still competitive viable games (and if he's not, then you got me there, but we do love to play old games, sue us :) ).

Vero, I love you dude, we won't agree on everything. I disagree with your opinion, but you're still my dude. Debating is debating. :) Just sharing my thoughts.

Edited by vVv Rapture