Receive Free Shipping with your purchase of $99 or more!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Axios : (23 April 2014 - 10:47 AM) Anyone getting wolfenstein?
@  vVv MikEvil : (23 April 2014 - 10:43 AM) Whats going on everybody ?
@  vVv Axios : (23 April 2014 - 10:43 AM) Hawt
@  vVv Vall : (23 April 2014 - 10:41 AM) I'll take your booty
@  Deadaim : (23 April 2014 - 10:37 AM) morning everyone
@  vVv Pherzghul : (23 April 2014 - 10:32 AM) lol ikr
@  vVv sK1ppY : (23 April 2014 - 10:31 AM) if its free its for me
@  vVv sK1ppY : (23 April 2014 - 10:31 AM) @vVv Pherzghul ok no u change it
@  vVv Pherzghul : (23 April 2014 - 10:29 AM) pirate vall?
@  vVv Vall : (23 April 2014 - 10:28 AM) Arhhhh
@  vVv Pherzghul : (23 April 2014 - 10:28 AM) @vVv sK1ppY it's k, the game will be free to play so you should check it out once it's live
@  vVv sK1ppY : (23 April 2014 - 10:28 AM) @vVv Pherzghul nope just not interested at this time i am no way moving from TF
@  vVv Pherzghul : (23 April 2014 - 10:28 AM) you build your own ship and go out with your fleet to either make a trade bundle run, to fish or to be a pirate for pvp
@  vVv Pherzghul : (23 April 2014 - 10:27 AM) @vVv sK1ppY this is unlike WoW, this is wayyy better. You can be a pirate and attack players of your own faction too. Steal and kill.
@  vVv sK1ppY : (23 April 2014 - 10:25 AM) @vVv Pherzghul ooo ok u scared me, wtf is that i never even heard of it and if its a MMO im sad to inform u my MMO days r RIP because I have titans to drop yay
@  vVv Pherzghul : (23 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Army*
@  vVv Pherzghul : (23 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) wtf not America's Armay lol? I meant ArcheAge
@  vVv sK1ppY : (23 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) i rather put my nuts in a grinder
@  vVv sK1ppY : (23 April 2014 - 10:22 AM) @vVv Pherzghul i HATED americas army its so stupid
@  vVv sK1ppY : (23 April 2014 - 10:22 AM) @vVv Pherzghul AA = americas army?

Photo

What's your favorite champ to play and why?

lol league league of legends

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic

#41 Plattypus

Plattypus

Forum Plattypus

• 591 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

LeBlanc due to her mobility and ability to nuke dudes into paste

"Leblanc cuz im a noob"

I pledge that Platt is a sexy beast.

#42 Twinkiey

Twinkiey

Active Forum Contributor

• 116 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

I prepared for this to never end, i made my signature what it is for a reason lol
Posted Image
DEAL WITH IT

#43 ph30n1x78

ph30n1x78

Lurker

• 65 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

Hatas gonna hate. I love playing Blanc. Not cuz I'm a noob I just like playing bursty charecters, not DOT champs. Too boring.

#44 Engel

Engel

Forum Commando

• 540 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

Cho is so hard to play top now, hes better mid, and even better jungling.

I haven't played him top in awhile, the last time I did was about a month ago, so I have no idea at this point anymore with him, but when I was able to play him, that's where I took him lol

Twitter: @TomVolkertlol
Starcraft: Skullcowboy
Steam: Engel
"If I could I would set the world on Fire"

#45 Torment

Torment

Active Forum Contributor

• 398 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

I haven't played him top in awhile, the last time I did was about a month ago, so I have no idea at this point anymore with him, but when I was able to play him, that's where I took him lol

I play a very good cho gath, and I used to play him in ranked all the time. He is no longer useful to a team in the jungle, mid, top, or anywhere else. With the current meta, there is no room for cho.

However, I believe that it could be very strong to have cho bottom, two fast junglers (like Shyvana, Skarner, Mundo...), have a late game mid like Vladimir, and have someone like Urgot top. This team would be very strong in the early game, and they would be very difficult to fight in team fights, because the other team will not know who to focus. However, this team would easily focus the ad carry (Urgot ult initiation), and then the team fight would go severely in the favor of this team even in the late game.

The reason I say that Cho gath is good for this is because chogath excels at laning 2v1. Also, if you're going to play without an ad carry, you need some serious beef, and cho knows how to provide it.

#46 Engel

Engel

Forum Commando

• 540 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

Yeah, Cho seems to have just fallen off at this point with the way the Meta is. I think in the last.. maybe.. two months, I've used him once and got severaly lucky the other team was bad enough to let me do whatever I wanted to them

#47 Twinkiey

Twinkiey

Active Forum Contributor

• 116 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

Bad move to just ignore a cho'gath lol. I could agree with the way you put that though Izuals
Posted Image
DEAL WITH IT

#48 Torment

Torment

Active Forum Contributor

• 398 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

Bad move to just ignore a cho'gath lol. I could agree with the way you put that though Izuals

Lane an Irelia against a cho, and you can ignore him for the rest of the game

#49 Engel

Engel

Forum Commando

• 540 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

I'm now adding Kenny to my list, because I'm actually good with him lol

#50 Torment

Torment

Active Forum Contributor

• 398 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

I think Kennen is one of the best picks right now. He has a very good late game, and he has limited counters

#51 Engel

Engel

Forum Commando

• 540 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

It just depends on what I can actually play him.. damn solo que lol

#52 Plattypus

Plattypus

Forum Plattypus

• 591 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

Best Picks ( IMO ):

Mid: Kennen

Top: Wu Kong, Irelia, GP

Support: Sona, Alistar

AD Carry: Vayne, Graves

Jungle: Udyr, Lee Sin

*Now with that said, I dont like playing all of them, and think skill and talent outweigh champion picks, and in my case I have weird picks. But, if you are the best of one role, against someone of equal skill, these picks would prevail, in my opinion.

#53 Cosby

Cosby

Active Forum Contributor

• Banned
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

Best Picks ( IMO ):

Mid: Kennen

Top: Wu Kong, Irelia, GP

Support: Sona, Alistar

AD Carry: Vayne, Graves

Jungle: Udyr, Lee Sin

*Now with that said, I dont like playing all of them, and think skill and talent outweigh champion picks, and in my case I have weird picks. But, if you are the best of one role, against someone of equal skill, these picks would prevail, in my opinion.

i could agree with most of them but i would say that Lee sin and olaf should be among the best Top laners....And for support i would say Janna is the best right now.

Edited by billcosby1341, 04 April 2012 - 11:24 AM.

#54 Torment

Torment

Active Forum Contributor

• 398 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

i could agree with most of them but i would say that Lee sin and olaf should be among the best Top laners....And for support i would say Janna is the best right now.

Raka op, son!

Also, best junglers are skarner, maokai, nocturne, and shaco imo. They excel at ganking above most junglers. Unfortunately, Lee Sin, is an early game champion unless he gets fed. And that's the problem... Lee Sin takes kills when he ganks. Ganks are supposed to help the lane get kills, not the jungler. So, imo, Lee Sin is not as helpful. Also, Udyr is better at top lane imo. Udyr is a great late game champion which is what you want from your top lane, because their laning phase will typically be longer than the other lanes'. Lee Sin is a counter pick for top lane. I would not take him unless it is to counter. Olaf and Warwick are certainly great picks for top as well. However, among top laners, none of them are poor. Top lane is a counter lane and should be played as such. Counter the other top lane, and try to shut them down. If you can't counter aka you're picking top before the other team, go with a safe pick like Warwick, Shen, or Udyr. They don't really have true counters.

Also, mid lane is another counter lane. It is not as intensive as top lane, but it is still a counter lane, which is why it should be picked second to last in the draft pick. People who excel in mid are Kennen, Karthus, Ahri, and bigpapa will get mad at me if I leave out tf, so twisted fate too.

Bot lane is all about combinations. Honestly, you can't really say which ad carries are best. We talked about this in the ranking ad carries topic. It's really about the combos you use that work to your benefit. For example, soraka graves is good, because it allows grave to use endless buckshots. ezreal is another great pick with soraka. Alistar with vayne is very strong for all of the cc. Kog maw with Nunu for the attack speed and slows is very good. Leona with Kog maw as well. Basically, there aren't bad champions to go bot lane, but there are bad combos. For example, soraka with ad kennen.... He doesn't need mana, so it pisses me off when people pick soraka with him... You can also counter combos. A sustain lane, such as Vayne and Soraka, can be countered by a tristana pick or an mf pick.

Anyway, you cannot assign so few champions to be considered the best in any position, because there are counters, and there are always better team comps.

Edited by IzualsTorment, 04 April 2012 - 02:08 PM.

#55 vVv Blazek

vVv Blazek

Columnist / MMO Guru

• MMO
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

It's been awhile since I played, but still my favorites include:
Leona - so much fun when played properly, I have had many great games with her. Really just a fun champion with a good mix of tank / cc / dps (if you can get the feed for a decently quick trinity).
Skarner - so much win in this one. solo top or jungle are both fun and just does so much for 1 champion; decent tanking movement speed, and aoe dps. you pick up a few early kills and he becomes a killing machine.
Sona - my go to support, i like playing her over soraka or taric because of the aura twisting + aoe cc. I play all 3, just have a preference to sona is all.

PSN: Fayt87 GT: vVv Blazek Steam: vVv Blazek

Currently Playing: FFXIV - Warrior, WoW - Monk

#56 Twinkiey

Twinkiey

Active Forum Contributor

• 116 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

I'd have to add vayne and leona to the list, along with nasus. All of these characters are god in their respective fields.
Posted Image
DEAL WITH IT

#57 Plattypus

Plattypus

Forum Plattypus

• 591 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

Torment, stop posting a 2 page essay for each response lol, hard to read.

Yes, Soraka is nice, I cant believe I forgot her. Skarner is also up there, those were just the tip top picks IMO, almost every champ is good if used properly.

#58 Torment

Torment

Active Forum Contributor

• 398 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

Torment, stop posting a 2 page essay for each response lol, hard to read.

Yes, Soraka is nice, I cant believe I forgot her. Skarner is also up there, those were just the tip top picks IMO, almost every champ is good if used properly.

That post started out just as raka op. Then I edited it into oblivion...

I'd have to add vayne and leona to the list, along with nasus. All of these characters are god in their respective fields.

I simply wrote a few examples. Nasus is my BOY, but he gets countered hard... :(

#59 Engel

Engel

Forum Commando

• 540 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

I actually read that entire post from Torment so HA!!

#60 Torment

Torment

Active Forum Contributor

• 398 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

I actually read that entire post from Torment so HA!!

I actually wrote that whole post, so yeah...
I would hope that someone would take the fraction of that amount of time just to skim it over. Like seriously lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive Free Shipping with your purchase of $99 or more!
Change Theme!