Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Daviepants : (30 July 2014 - 12:09 PM) @Chevy looks good man! :D
@  vVv Daviepants : (30 July 2014 - 12:09 PM) Unfortunately I don't have the money saved up to just up and go and since I'm on the opposite side of the country it may be a bit difficult to figure out, but I feel like if I put myself out there and it's meant to work out then it will
@  Chevy : (30 July 2014 - 12:08 PM) Hey guys check out the Sig I just made http://oi60.tinypic.com/2airpmx.jpg
@  vVv Daviepants : (30 July 2014 - 12:07 PM) Haha, thanks Oriklad! I may not be on the front lines of all that though. Both companies had Staff Accountant positions open and that's my profession...maybe if they include the Finance Dept in the credits of future games xD
@  vVv Oriklad : (30 July 2014 - 12:05 PM) @vVv Daviepants; Good luck man, I hope that you get a positive reply from both companies!!! Hope to see your name in some of the new big games in the future.
@  vVv Vall : (30 July 2014 - 12:05 PM) i wanna work there :/
@  vVv Vall : (30 July 2014 - 12:04 PM) like my specialty when it comes to sketches is i can create a characters based off personality you want the character to have
@  vVv Daviepants : (30 July 2014 - 12:03 PM) Oh and since we're on the topic (sort of), I'm sending my resume over to Riot & Blizzard when I get home from work later tonight. Figured no time like the present, b/c I'll never be ready to make a move like that by my standards, at least not anytime soon, and I don't want something like that holding me back from taking chances in life
@  vVv Vall : (30 July 2014 - 12:02 PM) create characters from an artistic sense
@  vVv Daviepants : (30 July 2014 - 12:01 PM) Afternoon guis!
@  vVv SugarBear : (30 July 2014 - 11:38 AM) @Vall are you looking to create characters from an artistic sense or are you looking to design how they play in-game?
@  vVv SugarBear : (30 July 2014 - 11:38 AM) @Ranko all I know is that from what I've heard from people in the gaming industry, they agree that being an engineer is being an engineer
@  vVv Buzz : (30 July 2014 - 11:23 AM) yo
@  vVv Ranko : (30 July 2014 - 11:22 AM) @vVv SugarBear hey... I took a gaming specific degree, I got to learn from one of the top programmers from Midway games.
@  Engel : (30 July 2014 - 11:20 AM) boooooo
@  vVv Pherzghul : (30 July 2014 - 11:19 AM) aaaand key gone
@  vVv Pherzghul : (30 July 2014 - 11:12 AM) anyone need a key for ArcheAge? I got an extra key
@  vVv Vall : (30 July 2014 - 11:07 AM) im more into i want to create the characters within a game
@  vVv Vall : (30 July 2014 - 11:06 AM) thanks
@  vVv SugarBear : (30 July 2014 - 11:03 AM) @Vall got you switched over, you're all set :)

Photo

vVv Team Jersey Design - post your thoughts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

#41 ODieN (Ex vVv)

ODieN (Ex vVv)

Active Forum Contributor

• 312 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

Ive been working on the same design for about 2 weeks, but ive been slowed up from work and scrambling to get other projects done. Also Jersey designs will be only awarded to sponsored players.

What if full members can get one for a price? Could this be something to look forward to?
Xbl//vVv ODieN - Twitter//@vVv_ODieN - AIM//NightlifeofaDJ - Skype//marc.gabuat
"The only talent you weren't born with, was the talent to not limit yourself."

#42 vVv Doomhammer

vVv Doomhammer

Board Member

• Executives
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

What if full members can get one for a price? Could this be something to look forward to?

During this design process we're still considering how we want to manufacture and market these, so that's a possibility. If they were to be available to the community, given the product and the overhead costs, they would be most likely be on the expensive side.

Jordan "Doomhammer" Kahn
Doomhammer@vvv-gaming.com

Live Services

Riot Games

gallery_5702_228_45546.jpg
"Because two tanks aren't twice as good as one tank. They're five times as good."
j7t9iu.png

#43 SevenL

SevenL

Lurker

• 68 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

That looks awesome! Looks like the team did a good job in designing it!

#44 Necessities

Necessities

Active Forum Contributor

• 222 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

Looks sick i'd enjoy playing in this
Follow me on twitter @__Brunetti
Halo Reach F/A
LoL=IDaveyB

#45 RoxsicK (Ex-vVv)

RoxsicK (Ex-vVv)

the Lionheart

• 1,233 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

Looks so awesome, one criticism would be to rather have "Est. 2007" rather than "Since 2007"

Posted Image

#46 _ML

_ML

I need to post more!

• 48 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

those jerseys are fucking sick

having the player name in the back or on the side would be sick

Edited by vVv ML, 15 February 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#47 Griddlez

Griddlez

Active Forum Contributor

• 368 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

My eyes are exploding with awesome, i'd buy one for sure

#48 Arkaine

Arkaine

L'Influente

• 895 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:15 PM

These jerseys make me feel all warm & fuzzy inside.
@vVvArkaine
Posted Image

#49 Empty

Empty

I need to post more!

• 31 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

That is pretty damn awesome :)

#50 vVv Spike

vVv Spike

The Community Troll

• League of Legends
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

They look fucking awesome. However, I believe . . .

I see many people in this thread people are saying "I want one" or "WTB" ... I personally think these should be exclusive to sponsored players / teams.

Twitter: @vVv_Spike

Summoner Name:  vVv Spike A

Primary Roles:  ADC and Support.

#51 vVv SugarBear

vVv SugarBear

VP of Operations

• Executives
  • 8,206 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

Would love one of these, however I feel the back logo of vVv is not necessary. I do love it though

I disagree, would look boring on the back without the logo.
gallery_46889_1118_190543.gif
"i would like to consider myself a very succesful jerkoff" - vVv sK1ppY

#52 The_4th_Watch

The_4th_Watch

Lurker

• 50 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

1. I like the overall layout of the design and feel it matches the vVv aesthetic.
2. I feel the jersey is lacking in one area (and find vVv often lacking in this area): Typography
A. On the front: Vison. Valor. Victory - This typography screams "default". It says "i put no thought into this. It's not dynamic or important." How about some typography that matches the momentum and "sports" feel that the new Italizied "VVV" has in the re-designed logo?
B. On the sided: The website needs to be marketable, so i get that it is bold/reversed for readability, but i think one of two things needs to happen here. Either we make this typography a little less "default" kinda like my comments above OR take the website off this location. It is under the arm after all. If we are making it really BIG, BOLD, LOUD cause it's under the arm and we still need to make it be seen, then we are putting bandaids on water leaks. Bottom line: Don't force it.

I wrote a bunch even though it's a couple of small things to show you the justifications that, as a designer, i would be concerned with if you were my client and i was in charge of helping you grow/promote your business.

Josh
- Professional Graphic Designer

Edited by The_4th_Watch, 15 February 2012 - 01:46 PM.

Gaming and Design: twitter.com/designpassion

#53 vVv SugarBear

vVv SugarBear

VP of Operations

• Executives
  • 8,206 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

They look fucking awesome. However, I believe . . .

I see many people in this thread people are saying "I want one" or "WTB" ... I personally think these should be exclusive to sponsored players / teams.

I kind of agree, but there's no reason we couldn't spice up the tshirt designs a little to offer something similar to community members.
gallery_46889_1118_190543.gif
"i would like to consider myself a very succesful jerkoff" - vVv sK1ppY

#54 Soul

Soul

Active Forum Contributor

• 329 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

can coaches of sponsor teams get a jersey? and they r very nice
Posted Image

#55 Magnet

Magnet

Active Forum Contributor

• 167 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

I want one, kind of reminds me of a soccer jersey which is in my opinion the best kind of jersey :D did i mention i want one
GT:(Xbox) LiL magnet, GT:(SC2) vVvMagnet(142) GT:(HoN) LiL_magnet GT:(LoL) LiLmagnet

Posted Image

#56 Timeout

Timeout

I need to post more!

• 30 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

This jersey is awesome, I do agree that the back logo may be a bit much, but either way it is looking great!

#57 vVv Blazek

vVv Blazek

Columnist / MMO Guru

• MMO
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

2. I feel the jersey is lacking in one area (and find vVv often lacking in this area): Typography

I agree with this, the new logo looks very good but the rest of the font feels very plain and, well, boring. I would recommend trying out a few different fonts and see if we cant get "Vision. Valor. Victory." to pop more.

Also, someone else mentioned using "Est. 2007" rather than "Since 2007" I feel that would be a good change as well.

What I DO like is the enlarged vVv on the front, stands out and looks good, as well as the red faded to black pattern is very nice. The size and spacing of the logos is pretty good, and combined with the background doesnt really feel like there are any huge open spaces.

PSN: Fayt87 GT: vVv Blazek Steam: vVv Blazek

Currently Playing: FFXIV - Warrior, WoW - Monk

#58 Juls

Juls

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

looks insane. please make these :D
Never say Never.

-www.team3d.net

Posted Image

#59 MileyCyrus

MileyCyrus

Active Forum Contributor

• 246 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

Looks great, I would seriously considering picking one up.

The only thing that looks... iffy to me is the collar. The idea to put wording on that is really neat, but i think it makes it a bit too tall and makes it more of a turtleneck than a jersey. If it were up to me I would drop the collar wording, shorten the height of the collar quite a bit, and have a bit of a crew/v-neck style in place. Other than that, very impressive!

#60 The_4th_Watch

The_4th_Watch

Lurker

• 50 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

can coaches of sponsor teams get a jersey? and they r very nice

Coaches should definitely receive one. If i were vVv, i would consider a coach as a viable advertising/marketing asset and also believe he should fall under the sponsorship guidelines (with the rest of the team). To me a coach IS a part of the team.
Gaming and Design: twitter.com/designpassion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!