Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Hyper : (01 August 2014 - 08:48 PM) AXIOSSS WHERE ART THOU
@  trapt11688 : (01 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) http://www.twitch.tv/trapt11688
@  vVv WooTang : (01 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) Finally Got It:
Spoiler
@  vVv Minjaaa : (01 August 2014 - 08:14 PM) Hailing is streaming the SMITE CGN if you guys wanna watch. :] http://www.vvv-gamin...w-smite-stream/
@  vVv Minjaaa : (01 August 2014 - 08:04 PM) Nope :P
@  vVv Soap : (01 August 2014 - 07:50 PM) anyone on?
@  vVv sK1ppY : (01 August 2014 - 07:40 PM) hi
@  vVv sK1ppY : (01 August 2014 - 07:40 PM) ui
@  vVv Vall : (01 August 2014 - 07:32 PM) ayee
@  vVv Twitter : (01 August 2014 - 07:30 PM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): Season 2 of our Amateur Draft League for #LeagueOfLegends begins in 30 minutes! Get involved! http://t.co/so8S2TIgho
@  vVv Minjaaa : (01 August 2014 - 06:55 PM) As the Twitter said, SMITE CGN is starting soon! Just hop in mumble if you're interested!
@  7he_Doctor : (01 August 2014 - 06:51 PM) http://www.reddit.co...aunches_season/
@  vVv Twitter : (01 August 2014 - 06:30 PM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): The #SMITE Community Game Night begins in 30 minutes! Everyone is welcome to participate. Read this for more details: http://t.co/YwzGdGvw4P
@  Engel : (01 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) Balls!
@  vVv Twitter : (01 August 2014 - 06:00 PM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): We want you play with us on #ArcheAge! For Beta server & faction information and how to get a Guild invite, go here: http://t.co/JGCdJ5c6WY
@  Voison : (01 August 2014 - 05:59 PM) lol
@  vVv Spike : (01 August 2014 - 05:57 PM) I think thats how religion works
@  Voison : (01 August 2014 - 05:57 PM) @vVv Spike I hate you so much. :P
@  vVv Spike : (01 August 2014 - 05:56 PM) Jesus
@  Voison : (01 August 2014 - 05:54 PM) Who runs the vVv Twitter? o.O

Photo

Happy Holidays! Chance to win $60 Amazon Gift Card

survey gift card esports gaming community happy holidays

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 vVv LordJerith

vVv LordJerith

Co-Owner

• Executives
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

Happy Holidays! 2011 has been another amazing year for vVv Gaming! Our event attendance and our website traffic continued to grow, and our podcast show saw some amazing conversations and controversies. In addition to this, our social media presence grew with our Twitter crossing 5k followers and our Facebook page crossing 3K Likes!

I want to personally thank you. It is you, the vVv community and competitive gaming fans and supporters, that make vVv Gaming so special. We have the best community in competitive gaming. Your faith in my leadership and the reputation you bring to our brand and sponsors is known throughout competitive gaming. Again, I want to thank you.

During this holiday I ask you to please do three things:
1. Enjoy yourselves! Skyrim, SWTOR. . . we have so many amazing games that offer us a wonderful break from heated competition.
2. Thank our staff members. They are amazing people who work so hard to make sure that vVv Gaming lives up to its mission statement.
3. Take this survey to possibly win a $60 Amazon gift card

As I reflect on all our accomplishments from 2011, I can’t help but also think about all we plan for 2012. Instead of making all kinds of announcements, I want to share something with you.

Last year, an acquaintance of my boss attended a 100th birthday celebration for his great aunt. During the festivities, the guest of honor was asked to share a few pearls of wisdom acquired over the course of her long life. After thinking quietly for several moments, she simply said, “Things change. And always take a sweater.”

That’s brilliant advice for everyone, including eSports organizations. No matter what the circumstances, you can’t count on the continuation of the status quo (no Halo pun intended), and you certainly can’t control the climate. Just when you think you know what normal looks and feels like, there’s a change.

Just a couple of years ago, CEO Mohamed El-Erian and his colleagues at Pacific Investment Management Co. (PIMCO), the world’s largest bond fund, coined the phrase “the new normal” to describe the changing investment climate brought on by the economic crisis. He explained the term by saying that “the new normal speaks to what is likely to happen given current conditions, rather than what should happen.” Nerds have always had a tough time with “should.” The term “cheese” is a great representation of that trouble. I’ll let you ponder that awhile.

One thing I have noticed from where I sit in vVv Gaming is that there is a large talent pool of players out there, to be sure, but the paradox is they don’t all have the skills to participate at the highest levels of competition, particularly those skills needed to drive innovation and growth, such as their marketability and ability to grow a fan base. And a full talent pool teeming with the wrong candidates makes the process of trying to invest in the right people externally all the more costly and risky.

I think you can guess where this is leading. In the new normal, many players and organizations are at risk of being left out in the cold. They are at a point where they need to be more proactive, strategic and effective when it comes to investing in the development of their players, as well as growing a fanbase.

For eSports leaders, that means playing a crucial role in defining and preparing for what the new normal looks and feels like in their organizations. It will be up to league owners, team managers, competitive gaming journalists and content providers to assure that eSports is not reactive but adaptive enough to speak to what is likely to happen given current conditions.

We plan to do our part. I ask you to please participate in this survey.

This survey will help us to provide more of what you want, as well as help us tell the world why the eSports community is worthy of more investment.

Happy Holidays! Thank you so much for your continued support.
LordJerith
Director of People, Riot Games
Owner, vVv Gaming
Entertain.Educate.Dominate

Follow me on Twitter @LordJerith

#2 vVv SugarBear

vVv SugarBear

VP of Operations

• Executives
  • 8,235 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

When do we get the annual holiday rant?!?!
gallery_46889_1118_190543.gif
"i would like to consider myself a very succesful jerkoff" - vVv sK1ppY

#3 Ragez

Ragez

Active Forum Contributor

• 142 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

HAPPY HOLLIDAYS!! when the survey is gonna start? also great reding:) vVv gaming is growing up

vVv Applicaиt

Posted Image

Gt: Firelinez/ Ragez Yt: shadeznotgone

#4 vVv SugarBear

vVv SugarBear

VP of Operations

• Executives
  • 8,235 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:00 PM

The survey is already available, click the link.
gallery_46889_1118_190543.gif
"i would like to consider myself a very succesful jerkoff" - vVv sK1ppY

#5 FacT

FacT

Forum Commando

• 566 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:02 PM

"Things change, and always take a sweater" Pretty awesome advice indeed.
Also I liked your statement "Nerds have always had a tough time with “should.” The term “cheese” is a great representation of that trouble." It's so true.
Hoping to be the change I need to be for myself.
Gt: vVv FacT
Battle.net vVvFact#1550 Add me for diablo!!!
Posted Image

#6 vVv Blazek

vVv Blazek

Columnist / MMO Guru

• MMO
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

"Things change, and always take a sweater" Pretty awesome advice indeed.
Also I liked your statement "Nerds have always had a tough time with “should.” The term “cheese” is a great representation of that trouble." It's so true.

Remember: if you lost, it's always because your opponent cheesed you! XD

PSN: Fayt87 GT: vVv Blazek Steam: vVv Blazek

Currently Playing: FFXIV - Warrior, WoW - Monk

#7 Voison

Voison

^________^

• 3,613 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

Happy holidays vVv.. ^_^

Kenny "Voison" Gordon
Twitter: @TL_Voison

#8 Arkaine

Arkaine

L'Influente

• 895 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:11 PM

Happy Holidays guys <3
@vVvArkaine
Posted Image

#9 MizKitten

MizKitten

Active Forum Contributor

• 152 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:14 PM

Happy Holidays vVv, i can honestly say that i am super happy to have met all of you and cant wait to get to know more of you!! I also cannot wait to see how things grow and produce in the New Year :) Keep it Real!!

Posted Image

~vVv Staff - Writer~

Xfire - mizkitten

Follow me on Twitter @vVv_Kitten

#10 Griddlez

Griddlez

Active Forum Contributor

• 368 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:16 PM

Here's to talented individuals becoming a Michael Jordan of E-Sports for vVv in 2012. :thumbsup:

#11 YosH

YosH

Lurker

• 83 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:27 PM

Happy Holidays! and survey completed hope I win :P

#12 The Turtle

The Turtle

That Turtle Kid

• 1,782 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:50 PM

Happy holidays! Thanks Jerry! My fellow vVv members...love you all!
XBL: The Sly Turtle
Halo 4 and Black Ops II Player

#13 Emery

Emery

Active Forum Contributor

• 199 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:50 PM

Happy Holidays everyone <3 Hope everything runs smoothly for all of you out there. Taking the survey now :)

vVv Emery

http://twitter.com/vVv_Emery

Gears of War Division

#14 grabby

grabby

Active Forum Contributor

• 139 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:10 PM

Yeup - survey taken.

Cheers and Happy Holidays to everyone @ vVv, glad to be a part of the community :). Wishing everyone nothing but the best.

Posted Image
LoL: grabbyninja
SC2: grabby
@maxbugrov | facebook | Los Angeles, CA

#15 vVv Sintherius

vVv Sintherius

vVv's Official Rage Tweeter

• Sports Games
  • 581 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:10 PM

You know what's funny? I saw the link for the $60 dollar gift card entry, and skipped over it. When you said to take the vVv Gaming survey, I immediately clicked. So glad I joined vVv, everybody is amazing in this community, so thank YOU, Jerry. Hope everybody has a great holiday season!
Posted Image

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley

#16 vVv Brock

vVv Brock

Former vVv Vice President of Visual Media

• Donor: vVv Member
  • 910 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

You know what's funny? I saw the link for the $60 dollar gift card entry, and skipped over it. When you said to take the vVv Gaming survey, I immediately clicked. So glad I joined vVv, everybody is amazing in this community, so thank YOU, Jerry. Hope everybody has a great holiday season!

So glad I made you sign up back in 2010! :)

#17 PreTenD

PreTenD

StarCraft 2

• 318 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

Happy holidays!! Good survey :D
Posted Image
Entertain.Educate.Dominate

#18 vVv Anaxamander

vVv Anaxamander

vVv Historian

• League of Legends
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

Happy Holidays everyone!

#19 vVv Sintherius

vVv Sintherius

vVv's Official Rage Tweeter

• Sports Games
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:09 AM

So glad I made you sign up back in 2010! :)

Me too! :D I honestly remember it like it was yesterday.
We were all getting ready to go to iHop, and you said you would pay for my meal as long as I paid you back right after (which I did, and I think it was $8) and visited the site. Good times :)
Posted Image

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley

#20 Krayzie

Krayzie

Mortal Kombat

• 165 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:26 AM

Happy Holidays!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Follow me on Twitter @vVv_Krayzie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!