Receive Free Shipping with your purchase of $99 or more!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Ticonz : (24 April 2014 - 04:34 PM) 30 minutes till Dark Souis 2 PC <3
@  Ticonz : (24 April 2014 - 04:14 PM) Np!
@  RahRah : (24 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) Thanks for the bump, Ticonz.
@  vVv Vall : (24 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Ewwww
@  vVv Bizkit : (24 April 2014 - 03:57 PM) @Chief Cuello i know i am lol ima be there and get my ass whipped lol
@  vVv Vall : (24 April 2014 - 03:44 PM) What do you mean deadaim
@  RahRah : (24 April 2014 - 03:35 PM) If you have access to the WildStar Forums, please bump the recruitment thread at https://forums.wilds...sionate-gamers/
@  Deadaim : (24 April 2014 - 03:09 PM) what happened to the titanfall team did it get restarted again
@  Chief Cuello : (24 April 2014 - 03:07 PM) Whos excited for this CGN later !!?
@  Deadaim : (24 April 2014 - 03:02 PM) whats up everyone
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 02:57 PM) @vVv Jackal I believe that right now they plan to keep alpha testers apart from beta testers. Alpha will be 24/7 and beta will be 5-7 days testing every other week or so
@  vVv Zodyak : (24 April 2014 - 02:54 PM) @vVv NaturaL the spam of that topic is unnecessary
@  vVv Jackal : (24 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) @ vVv Pherzghul btw do u know if the characters are gonna be saved, or wiped after it goes to Closed beta > Open... etc ?
@  vVv NaturaL : (24 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) http://www.vvv-gamin...eturns-4-24-14/
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 02:29 PM) @vVv noc0ntrol it's in alpha right now and its by invite only. Founder packs will be released soon, the $150 one will give you alpha access while the $90 and $50 will give beta access
@  vVv Twitter : (24 April 2014 - 02:22 PM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): vVv.Hearthstone are heading to Romania for @DHBucharest this weekend! http://t.co/fhblZKPSE5 http://t.co/bWxCwXituC
@  vVv noc0ntrol : (24 April 2014 - 02:22 PM) how do you get a beta key for that game?
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 02:16 PM) @vVv Tatsuota you're gonna have to like it to some degree because its a big part of the game
@  vVv noc0ntrol : (24 April 2014 - 02:13 PM) http://www.vvv-gamin...hack-bucharest/ :)
@  vVv Tatsuota : (24 April 2014 - 02:12 PM) @vVv Pherzghul i hate crafting haha

Photo

AP Carry - CASSIOPEIA Guide

guide cassiopea lady gaga poker face cassiopokerface

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 ShowNoHope

ShowNoHope

Active Forum Contributor

• 213 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:52 AM

Posted Image

Spoiler

Summoners - Flash / Ignite work best!

Masteries - 21/0/9 For early game damage. You could also take 9/0/21.

Runes - Standard AP runes with MP marks, MP5 seals, AP Glyphs, and AP Quints (flat or per level). Or you can take full MR (38). You could also use spell vamp quints.

Items - Typically as follows: Boots-3pots, doran's ring*, hextech revolver, WOTA & sorcerers boots, and rabadons as the core build. The doran's ring is optional. Situational items are abyssal sceptre, banshee's, void staff, deathfire's grasp, zhonya's hourglass, and maybe a lich bane. If you're doing extremely well early game, rush rabadons, if you're having trouble sustaining in lane to farm, get wota. Try not to get zhonya's or lich bane unless you really need them, a Frozen Heart could easily replace zhonya's for armor with CDR.

Playstyle - Pretty much sit back and farm, harass with your 'Q' and when possible, try to follow up with your 'e' but avoid taking damage. Free harass is important on Cassiopeia. Wait for ganks when possible, Cassiopeia is best played with a CC heavy jungler like Maokai, Skarner, Udyr, or Riven. Try not to die and work for free kills, if you're not getting any kills in your lane then it may be worthwhile to try ganking your opponents' weakest lane and/or camp them. Cassiopeia relies heavily upon being fed because she does jacksquat without kills.

Counters - Pretty much every AP mid counters her through passive farm-play and the fact that she's easily out farmed if not killed since she has no escape and only one hard CC spell, her ultimate.

Who Cass Counters - lol, nobody really. Other lanes? She's a bit like LeBlanc and Sion, in the sense that she can gank pretty easily and get kills from other lanes. If you can time your ult right, you can win teamfights with ease or pick off kills with no trouble, if you miss it, you're screwed.

Cassiopeia excels at getting fed by teammates and proceeding to melt face but has trouble eating on her own when faced with competent enemies.

Posted Image

5/20/2012 - Finished the guide with short and simple explanations, will add pictures later.

Edited by vVv ShowNoHope, 19 May 2012 - 07:43 AM.

Posted Image

#2 vVv Anaxamander

vVv Anaxamander

vVv Historian

• League of Legends
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

I play cass with magic pen reds mp5 yellows, flat MR blues and AP quints. You don't need the HP quints imo if you are going to start with a doran ring. Also, I would rush robadons before any other big items.

#3 Envy

Envy

Active Forum Contributor

• 153 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

I also wouldn't ever get an archangels staff unless you have other mana items to go with it, like an RoA, I also just dont like the item. Also your mastery tree has 31 points in it.
Posted Image

#4 ShowNoHope

ShowNoHope

Active Forum Contributor

• 213 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:32 PM

We're like opposites Envy XD, I love archangel's on several champs and I get sad when it's not viable in a build for them, and I don't like RoA on any of my AP Carries, besides... what- like 5, so quite a few, nevermind. Archangel or a constant blue buff is needed in order for Cass to harass before team fights. But anyway, I haven't finished the guide yet so. And lol @ my mastery tree, I was too lazy to re-screenshot so I just edited, fail.

And she's not fiddlesticks so rushing Rabadon's isn't necessarily the best thing to do, but it would depend on the match.

Edited by ShowNoHope, 14 September 2011 - 03:55 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Krow

Krow

Active Forum Contributor

• 113 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:37 PM

Now I'm no 2k+ player like Anax, but I do claim Cassiopiea as my "main" AP so... I have thought this advice through quite a bit, at least think about it and give it a few trys.

My personal build that I typically go is:
Core (20-30 Minutes): Rod of Ages, Sorcerer's Shoes, Rylai's Crystal Scepter
This allows me to be very tanky, while offering alot of AP and utility
Luxury (30+ Minutes): Will Of The Ancients, Deathcap, Void Staff / Deathgrasp
It turns out, Spell Vamp is amazing on DoT damage (ask Morganna :P). Deathcap is self explanatory, Void Staff if they have 100MR+, or DFG if they have 2500+ health. By they, I mean their carries, as you should be ignoring tanks usually, but if they get hit they get hit (AoE ftw.)

Also, one last little suggestion, move the point out of greed into 2/2 Imp Buffs. The only people who should be taking Blue over you are Fiddle / Amumu jungle, and Early Udyr. Also you shouldn't need the extra gold, as an AoE AP Champ, you're an amazing pusher and farmer.

Also, VS some characters, it's cool to get hextech early (coughmordecough).

Edited by Krow, 06 September 2011 - 10:38 PM.

#6 ShowNoHope

ShowNoHope

Active Forum Contributor

• 213 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:07 PM

Now I'm no 2k+ player like Anax, but I do claim Cassiopiea as my "main" AP so... I have thought this advice through quite a bit, at least think about it and give it a few trys.

My personal build that I typically go is:
Core (20-30 Minutes): Rod of Ages, Sorcerer's Shoes, Rylai's Crystal Scepter
This allows me to be very tanky, while offering alot of AP and utility
Luxury (30+ Minutes): Will Of The Ancients, Deathcap, Void Staff / Deathgrasp
It turns out, Spell Vamp is amazing on DoT damage (ask Morganna :P). Deathcap is self explanatory, Void Staff if they have 100MR+, or DFG if they have 2500+ health. By they, I mean their carries, as you should be ignoring tanks usually, but if they get hit they get hit (AoE ftw.)

Also, one last little suggestion, move the point out of greed into 2/2 Imp Buffs. The only people who should be taking Blue over you are Fiddle / Amumu jungle, and Early Udyr. Also you shouldn't need the extra gold, as an AoE AP Champ, you're an amazing pusher and farmer.

Also, VS some characters, it's cool to get hextech early (coughmordecough).

Thanks for the input. I run very generalized runes / masteries to fit a broad selection of champs because I play everyone (well, i'm working on it). I'd laugh if you understood my build right now, I was working on pictures for the items and decided to just do it from scratch rather than copy+paste image urls. SO. I've got a bit of work to do. One thing that won't be in this guide is playstyle, I don't do that. It's similar to builds and everything, to each their own. Only reason I decided to make this Cass guide, was because I made an epic Parody of Poker Face. Lol, but yeah, cass is such a boss.

And aside from ap-tanks and a few AP carries, I avoid RoA. You'll never see me build RoA on Orianna, ever, yet everyone else does, wtf?

Edited by ShowNoHope, 06 September 2011 - 11:09 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Torment

Torment

Active Forum Contributor

• 398 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:41 AM

Runes are a personal preference, but I would like to point out that one build with Cass that is really good is rushing the spell vamp. A wota and revolver stack along with a deathcap can really set you ahead of any other mages (as long as you play aggressively).

#8 CrimsonDawn

CrimsonDawn

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:30 AM

Probably be smart to update a bit. :o

#9 mat888

mat888

I need to post more!

• 37 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

Personally I find the AP/lvl glyphs to be more effective because by level 6 you're already benefiting more and with getting your ult it should result in a kill if the other person isn't paying attention or if they're just not the best. Though this comes down to personal preference.

I also find you don't need the HP quints as someone says above. You'll benefit more from having some more AP for more killing power.

Again as someone said above, rushing a revolver significantly helps, and then building either into a WotA or just building a rabadons after. gives you a lot more power than rushing a relai's. In addition the lifesteal when ganked/ganking will allow you to stay a lot longer and be significantly more effective.

I find that the archangels isn't as necessary because you should be getting blue after at least 9 minutes in for most of the game. With Cass' passive, you don't use as much mana as you would think , just don't spam everything you have all the time, if you manage your mana you should be able to focus on damage more than mana and still be extremely efficient.

Also the lich bane isn't really useful since your e should be replacing any sort of auto attacks in team fights because of the .5s cooldown you should have after every shot.

And as Crimson said, it would be great for this to be updated.

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

#10 Magnificbeef

Magnificbeef

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

What laner do you think is the best against Cassi? I have had problems with Anivias but I don't know if that's just me

#11 ShowNoHope

ShowNoHope

Active Forum Contributor

• 213 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

What laner do you think is the best against Cassi? I have had problems with Anivias but I don't know if that's just me

Pretty much anyone can beat Cassiopeia when played correctly, the same can be said for Cassiopeia beating everyone else except that Cassiopeia needs teammates to help her win her lane.

Edited by vVv ShowNoHope, 19 May 2012 - 07:45 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.
Change Theme!