Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Unacceptable : (31 August 2015 - 02:05 PM)

Kraft I was watching but its really laggy. I'm assuming its because you're on their wifi or whatev

@  vVv Kraft : (31 August 2015 - 02:02 PM)

Come show some love! http://www.twitch.tv/aamenta

@  vVv Papabear : (31 August 2015 - 01:52 PM)

Omg @vVv Medusa where were you when I needed someone to proof my Homework omg I sound like a word wizard in that post :D :creeper:

@  vVv Kraft : (31 August 2015 - 01:00 PM)

live!

@  vVv Kraft : (31 August 2015 - 12:58 PM)

http://www.twitch.tv/aamenta

@  vVv Kraft : (31 August 2015 - 12:58 PM)

Going to be Live Streaming DREADNOUGHT at PAX PRIME! www.twitch.tv/aamenta Come support and check the game out. Will be live soon! https://twitter.com/playdreadnought

@  vVv BoDYRoTx : (31 August 2015 - 12:52 PM)

yeah english is his 2nd language

@  vVv Papabear : (31 August 2015 - 12:47 PM)

@vVv Medusa thanks, i'm not the best with English language lol :)

@  vVv Echelon : (31 August 2015 - 12:37 PM)

hello all I finally made it back from i55

@  vVv Papabear : (31 August 2015 - 12:30 PM)

Hey Xbox Division News! http://www.vvv-gamin...all-meeting-92/

@  vVv Falcodile : (31 August 2015 - 12:28 PM)

I'm so hyped, Metal Gear Solid V unlocks today!!!

@  Unacceptable : (31 August 2015 - 11:59 AM)

Anyone playing any HotS today?

@  vVv NaturaL : (31 August 2015 - 11:46 AM)

@vVv Zodyak add?

@  vVv Voison : (31 August 2015 - 11:44 AM)

:crazy_pilot:

@  vVv Pherzghul : (31 August 2015 - 11:13 AM)

suuup

@  vVv Zodyak : (31 August 2015 - 11:12 AM)

I'm on skype billy

@  vVv NaturaL : (31 August 2015 - 11:11 AM)

good afternoon

@  vVv PretzL : (31 August 2015 - 10:02 AM)

@vVv Zeeb WeeFee FTW :)

@  Unacceptable : (31 August 2015 - 09:38 AM)

morning peeps

@  vVv Zeeb : (31 August 2015 - 09:19 AM)

also being able to carry a game with constant lag spikes is even more fun rofl

Photo

Losers Bracket: Roundtable Extra - MLG Titles for 2012

major league gaming starcraft ii mortal kombat halo moba league of legends dota heroes of newerth call of duty gears of war

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: MLG 2012 Roundtable (69 member(s) have cast votes)

Whose rankings do you think are most accurate?

1. Alex/Goldenboy: Moba Titles, Halo, Starcraft II, Mortal Kombat, Gears of War 3, Call of Duty (1 votes [1.45%])

Percentage of vote: 1.45%

2. Jason/Paradise: Starcraft II & Moba Titles (Tie), Mortal Kombat, Gears of Wars 3, Halo & Call of Duty (Tie) (10 votes [14.49%])

Percentage of vote: 14.49%

3. Jerry/LordJerith: Starcraft II, Gears of War 3 & Halo (Tie), Call of Duty & Mortal Kombat (Tie), Moba Titles (40 votes [57.97%])

Percentage of vote: 57.97%

4. Jon/Phoenix: Starcraft II, Moba Titles, Mortal Kombat, Call of Duty, Gears of War 3, Halo (8 votes [11.59%])

Percentage of vote: 11.59%

5. Jorge/Nynjatic: Starcraft II, Halo, Mortal Kombat, Call of Duty, Gears of War 3, Moba Titles (10 votes [14.49%])

Percentage of vote: 14.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 vVv Paradise

vVv Paradise

vVv Forum Historian

• Honorary Member
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:57 PM

Posted Image

The Loser's Bracket - Roundtable Extra
Featuring GoldenboyFTW and vVv Nynjatic

In addition to our regular show, we also have an extra roundtable discussion this week on the future of MLG. Which titles are the most important to the league heading into 2012? Listen in and share your thoughts on the importance of various game titles for the 2012 MLG season

Attached to this thread is a poll. Vote for the person who you believe has the most accurate rankings. The winner of the poll will choose their favorite post discussing this episode and invite the poster to be a guest on a future episode of The Loser's Bracket.

Tweet us your feedback to our twitter account: @losersbracket!

http://youtu.be/xgWZTNoFVks

http://vvvgaming.podbean.com/mf/web/qcaujm/LosersBracketRoundtableExtra.mp3

Listen to the entire vVv podcast catalog at our podcast website! Click here to check it out!

Jason "Paradise" Kuntz
Community Manager, Ubisoft Entertainment
Current Working on: Far Cry
Follow me on Twitter: @UbiParadise

#2 The Turtle

The Turtle

That Turtle Kid

• 1,782 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

I like Jerry's choices because Sc2 is such a big game that MLG wouldnt dare drop it and Halo has lost some following and with Gow3 coming out with such a big community it may be able to compete with Halo. Call of Duty and Mk9 will most like both be played on the Ps3 so its just up to MLG to decide which one will bring in more income. And Moba games....idk..
XBL: The Sly Turtle
Halo 4 and Black Ops II Player

#3 Relent is BANNED

Relent is BANNED

BANNED 4 LIFE

• Banned
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:32 PM

My rankings would be:

SC2: Hands down the biggest game in eSports right now. Watched by everyone and with all the big names coming to MLG from all over the world it is easily the #1 ranked game on the list.

Halo: It is the game that has been with MLG since it's start and has always had a big fan base. It has the 2nd biggest names in MLG with people like T2 and Walshy.

LoL: This game has been getting huge stream numbers and is being played and watch all around the world like SC2. I would say it could almost be a tie with halo if it wasn't for halo's history with MLG.

MK9: MLG needs a fighting game and MK9 packs a punch. It seems to be blowing up right now and out of all the fighters it seems to be the most hype and has a wider pool of characters being used. Also, alot of people in the fighting community say that MK9 bring people from all other fighters so it has a lot of value to MLG.

Gears of War 3: It is really hard to say what would be better, CoD or Gears, but I feel the gears community is ready to show they deserve to be on the circuit. Everyone is really looking forward to the games release and alot of good has already began.

CoD: While the game is getting better and better every event, it still doesn't seem to be as fast pace or exciting to watch as gears. The game is mulitiplatform so it has more people who might be interested but I still feel the game is not as entertaining to watch as Gears of war. But you also have to keep in mind the sony deal.

Posted Image

#4 vVv LordJerith

vVv LordJerith

Founder

• Executives
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:42 PM

Might help if you LISTENED to the show first, lol. I swear. . .
LordJerith
Founder and Co-Owner
Entertain.Educate.Dominate

Follow me on Twitter @LordJerith

#5 RoxsicK (Ex-vVv)

RoxsicK (Ex-vVv)

the Lionheart

• 1,233 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

Great podcast, couldn`t be more excited for the 2012 season, going to be the biggest yet without a doubt.

My opinion : Anyone voting the MOBA titles out of the top 2 is either being really naive or unfamiliar with their communities. Beyond a shadow of a doubt these titles will be on par if not surpass the streaming numbers from StarCraft and should rival it in attendance. Halo I feel is falling by the wayside atleast with Reach, MLG is evolving and sadly despite how much Halo meant to MLG in the past its just not keeping up with the rapid growth.

That being said my vote would have to be for Phoenix's order.

Edited by vVv RoxsicK, 03 August 2011 - 04:47 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Fallout

Fallout

Forum Athlete

• 130 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:16 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but are Moba Titles?

Vision.Valor .Victory

Posted Image

Follow me on Twitter

#7 Rapture

Rapture

Ya Boi

• 2,428 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:29 PM

Dota/LoL
Posted Image
vVv SugarBear (24 January 2012 - 12:39 PM): @Rapture if you make GM by 2013 I will pay for your copy of SC2

#8 Soul

Soul

Forum Commando

• 329 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

i agree with jerry and i could go on and on with this and its like i stress this sooo much halo brings in so many people from the community to certain extent where i see people rebuying halo reach or looking forward to halo anniversary and halo4 , yeah halo 4 is made by different developers but they also getting looked over by the same people who made reach so it might have a chance to the new people and regardless the people are going to love it cause its fucking halo lol seriously.? also i dont know much bout starcraft but i do numbers and everyday the community is growing for that game and its crazy and its not going to stop..period.GearsofWar can have the potential to be on the circuit if people get right, be more mature, and stop playing the blame game and just blame themselves for what had happen to gears in the past and leave it in the past imo, its great competition imo why let your ego get in the way of a game you really do love and come to appreciate, Call of Duty community is crazy and its gets crazy every year and i dont see a promblem from it staying on the circuit when mw3 comes out ive play shitloads amounts CoD b4 gears came out and its a great community imo. mortal kombat....wow lol what i can i say from watching evo and watching Reo why the fuck not? MK9 is going to evolve like any other fighting game and plus its classic game and its going to pull em old school players and new school players in as well . the mooba titles im not a really big fan of em just cause im a big console player i dont see it doing to well on the case of starcraft and what can be better than starcraft....hm,,to be honest idk...but anywayz good podcast and that was my two cents lol
Posted Image

#9 The Mad Fiddler

The Mad Fiddler

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:13 PM

Good cast :), lots of good ideas.

#10 vVv Blazek

vVv Blazek

5 Year vVv Veteran

• MMO
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:37 PM

I kinda think SC2 is a no brainer as the leader heading into 2012 for MLG. The international appeal, the strategy involved to be competitive, and just watching the size and reaction of the crowd was unbeleavable. If this isnt the front runner then something very wrong happened in the world. Side note: this would be my reaction (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻

Originally I wasn't all that interested in Gears of War, but then I played it... It is pretty entertaining to watch (and play), it has been on the circuit before, and it is definatly one that can bring out emotions... which is always entertaining to watch. So ya, I think this will be a big draw for MLG.

Halo is... well Halo. While I get pretty bored watching it, it obviously appeals to a very large crowd. I think this may be debatable with gears on which will be more important in 2012, but really Halo has been around forever on MLG, it will continue to be a big part of it.

MK9 is quite enjoyable to watch and it allows for some player error but still bring about comebacks. The finnishers and breaks are pretty awesome to see and with how well it did in EVO i can see MK9 doing well in the future. I wouldn't place it so high as Halo or Gears as it is a newer title, especially to MLG, so it may not draw the crowd and players.

It was a bit interesting to watch CoD at Anaheim and I gotta admit I enjoyed it much more then I thought I would. It also proved it can be held as a spectator sport as the seating for the finals was jam packed. I'm not to sure how this will transition into MW3, but right now it shows it can hang with the big boys.

I probably would have ranked Moba games higher if LoL was the title chosen, but seeing as it will probably be HoN I gotta place this last. HoN is a very strategic game but it just isnt that entertaining to watch. Ya viewer numbers were high for Dreamhack but that was more about LoL, as it is faster paced and battles get crazy. HoN its a lot about ganking and small fights for over half of the game... which usually doesnt even start till about 8 min in.

Jerry made a lot of good points about this order as well, so ya I think he has it right.

... btw loved the intro song but... y u no yell out MORTAL KOMBAT D:

Edited by vVv Blazek, 03 August 2011 - 06:51 PM.

PSN: Fayt87 GT: vVv Blazek Steam: vVv Blazek

Currently Playing:  Final Fantasy XIV (Main -Excalibur) / (Alt - Gilgamesh)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: major league gaming, starcraft ii, mortal kombat, halo, moba, league of legends, dota, heroes of newerth, call of duty, gears of war

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!