vVv LordJerith

GoW Division Leader

You can count me out from this role i suppose, i am fairly new and im sure a lot of people wouldnt be too happy if i was leader. Im going to be focusing on the media side of things, recently started streaming and perfected my settings. Also gonna be uploading a lot of vids to youtube that not only apply to competitive players but casuals as well. I guess you can rely on me for streams and consistent youtube activity. Best of luck to everyone

You can count me out from this role i suppose, i am fairly new and im sure a lot of people wouldnt be too happy if i was leader. Im going to be focusing on the media side of things, recently started streaming and perfected my settings. Also gonna be uploading a lot of vids to youtube that not only apply to competitive players but casuals as well. I guess you can rely on me for streams and consistent youtube activity. Best of luck to everyone

I would like to see you run things along side with me, because you are new and young you can learn a lot and become a great leader

I would like to see you run things along side with me, because you are new and young you can learn a lot and become a great leader

That sounds good to me, happy to help anyway I can

Sundown and Peri, and then have astonish run the jtv and the youtube stuff until we get a second official team to help out

Now that Peri has realized Reach sucks and is coming back to GoW :P I believe he is the only one capable of doing this job.

Now that Peri has realized Reach sucks and is coming back to GoW :P I believe he is the only one capable of doing this job.

Reach does not suck sir, and you must not have read my whole post then... LOL

Reach does not suck sir, and you must not have read my whole post then... LOL

Lol i didn't, i woke up saw you post the questions and i was like yay, he gets my support. I'll read it in a few :P

Since Astonish withdrew, I put my full support to Sun Down. No one in this community knows the GoW community (pros,semis, AM, and even casuals) better than him. He is professional, mature, and he is dedicated. I'd also vote for either Astonish, Zombeast, Stitches and Peri for Co-Leader

Edited by vVv RADIATION

I know I'm not in vVv, but I would still like to be considered for the position as I think I have what it takes to make it as successful as possible.

I would like to start off by saying that I am currently the Social Media Director for GoW Nation. I am one of the 'top staff' and I would directly with Fallout and Phoenix. The popularity of GN and the respect I have earned from the community via my knowledge of what the community needs opens a lot of opportunities for any endeavor I pursue.

1. There are several steps I would take to help grow the division. I would first ensure a strong affiliation with GN, which is a main community hub and will be like that for a long time. Having such a high staff member showing such support will undoubtedly interest the community and increase the number of applications, hits, and interest in the division. The social media director position opens a lot of doors when it comes to advertizing vVv's news, as well, because we have a different follower base that can be reached through Re-Tweets.

The recent shift in community attitude and motive was due to an awakening thread made by myself with other great posts from people like Jerry, Dotter, etc. The community has really clung on to what I have to say because I was able to provide such a logical and well put together article that changed a large mass of people's opinions. This gained respect can be used to help usher people about the huge upside that is vVv. People listen to those who they view as 'community leaders' and as of recently I have been viewed as that, so my representation of vVv will also lead to a massive amount of new / returning members, applicants, etc.

In addition, I am / was an AM player. I never placed anywhere but T40 with a pick-up team. I know a lot of former professional players who respect not only me but my opinion on the community, organizations, etc. I will be able to use my 'connections' to reach out to a pro team that we might be interested in sponsoring, a top AM team we might be interested in picking up, or just further attracting any level of player.

When GoW3 drops, I intend on doing a show similar to Day[9]'s daily. If it takes off like I anticipate it will, the amount of publicity that it will provide to vVv will be astronomical because it reaches out to all level of players.

2. As I said above, I am looking to do an analytical show that focuses on improvement. In addition, I might attempt to get involved in commentary. All of this comes together well with ensuring player improvement because I will be viewing the game from a completely analytical point. I will focus on understanding the tiniest of information about the game, which I will make sure the vVv teams and players are completely aware of.

GoW3 is supposed to have a spectator mode as well, so I will take the time to sit in on scrims, watch any capped footage, etc. I will take the time to meet with each team individually about improvement, strategy, stability, chemistry, etc. The teams will be scrimming against each other too with myself watching, and this will be used as a way to monitor progress and see how their gameplay against each other evolves. While they would be playing against similar rosters / teams at least weekly, I would be able to teach them the importance of analyzing how the opponent plays and how to counter it. The ability to find weakness in the opponent's game plan is crucial and instruction on how to discover and exploit this is crucial.

3. I will ensure players are adding value by monitoring twitter / facebook activity, along with xbox live accounts. Because I am so involved in the community, I read just about everything that is posted on GB, GN, MLG, etc. and I will be capable of ensuring all members are properly representing vVv in the public eye. I understand the importance of social media, not only for vVv but also for the growth of eSports. Those who are not actively competing and placing well at events will be pushed even harder to focus on social media and representation as that is the best way for them to contribute in their current situation.

I also view the ability to help teammates and other vVv teams/players improve as adding value. Due to how closely I would be working with the teams and players, I would do my best to encourage them to help each other with problems, strategies, etc. which would not only add value to vVv but to the individual players and teams as well who would then be capable of placing better.

4. As I stated earlier, I have gained a lot of respect in the community. My representation of the organization would be a positive to the reputation of vVv in the GoW community. I also stated that I spend so much time on forums that I read almost anything. Because of this, I would be able to see & read all posts made by vVv members and ensure that they are acting appropriately in the public eye. I would also be able to further push the partnership between GN, the GoW hub, and vVv, and the community seeing vVv having such a large role in a great community would definitely have positive representation.

5. The daily show I would be doing similar to the dailies will no doubt attract a lot of casual players, as it will serve as ways for all levels of player to improve, including the average casual, the casual looking to get into competitive play, AM players, etc. If it takes off like I anticipate, the amount of people viewing it and seeing the repping of vVv will bring a lot of positivity to it and show it as a great place for casuals to come, interact, and apply.

GN is also going to have a lot of casual content as to keep them on our site and active. The extremely tight relationship I would establish between GN and vVv would present it to the casuals active on GN, and of course seeing a great partner being promoted makes them check out the partner, which would be vVv.

I also know Hooligun personally, the head of GCON. The site has a huge casual following as long as a good relationship with MS and Epic. I can get him to RT and vVv stuff, advertize the organization to casuals, etc.

I know you said you wanted someone who is in vVv, but I really think I could accel in this position and help vVv's GoW division further improve on its already successful history.

EDIT: Next set of ?s

1. I will be able to devote a lot of time to the division. I am going into my senior year of high school and have a fairly light course load. I have a part-time job that only takes up about 10 hours a week, if that. I like to go out on fridays and saturdays, but besides that I'm pretty much available. I would like to point out that I will NOT be playing the game with competitive goals. I will be viewing it from a completely analytical point, so not only can I devote more time because I won't be practicing with a team on top of everything else, but I will have even more time to understand every little nuance of the game.

1. I can build hype around the community for both competitive and casual players through my relationship with GCON's Hooligun and my Social Media position with GoW Nation. In addition I will make sure the players are adding value through social media, activity on the forums, and good conduct in the public eye.

2. I will begin working and getting to know the players, their styles, the dynamics of the set teams, etc. before GoW3 comes out so I can be prepared and understand how to work with each individual and each team when it hits. This will optimize my time spent with them, especially in the beginning because the learning process on my end will have already been underway for a long time.

3. I will spend time with all of the applicants to help them mold into the vVv members we are looking for, as well as getting to know their goals, skill level, community participation, social media activity, etc. so I will be capable of giving an informed opinion about the applicants as to help make sure that vVv accepts only the best and only those who will be capable of adding value and contributing to the GoW division in a useful manner.

3. Yes, I can stream. Yes, I can capture. Yes, I can upload.

http://www.justin.tv/detrimentai I will be upgrading to an HD cap card in the very near future.

4. I am not one for putting up with people's crap. The member would be warned about his actions (or lack thereof) and told that if he / she does not begin doing what we both know is expected of them, they would be cut because there is no room for deadweight in vVv. We need those who are dedicated and willing to contribute representing the organization.

I think Frickin Stoked would be good for this position. Noone else in this thread has said anything about him, so it seems he has just been passed over. I teamed with him in GoW2 for a few months, and he was a great leader on the team. He would always tell you what you were doing wrong, how to fix it, and get how to get better. Personally I think doing a day9 daily-esque show for GoW would be incredible if he could pull it off, but I'm not sure GoW has a community that would allow it to grow to be as big as day9. I really don't know what else to say other than he should be considered for this. I saw it said vVv members only, but he has a app up, and is really a good candidate for this. Hopefully you all give him a fair chance, skype interview, or something.

If someone could pull off a Day9 Daily for Gears...with a game like Gears...I almost think that's impossible. The Gears metagame is like 50 times below the level of SC2's developed metagame.

Most of the names said don't really seem like a good fit..

How many of them always end up going to a different game because of hype, or just plain out get lazy and stop doing any staff work / getting on the forums..

I believe Sundown would be good for the position, but I also think it would be wise to go outside of the current members of vVv to select a co-division leader or something. No matter who you select for the position, they are probably not going to have a ton of insight or experience outside of vVv besides Sundown. This isn't a bad thing, but it limits your ideas and perspective. Cam would obviously be a great choice because he is level-headed, smart, and experienced. I think from choosing from solely from internally vVv, Cam would be your best bet.

I also saw that Detrimental/Frickin Stoked had posted earlier in the thread and was interested in the position. That is a great chance to get some new perspective and insight from someone who isn't straight from vVv nor is he some random unqualified person. I've been working with him and GowNation a lot recently, and he has proved himself to be hardworking, innovative, and a smart and talented individual. He could be exactly what you are looking for in a co-division leader.

Just my two cents.

Good luck on the search guys, you always have my support and attention.

-Rain

I believe Sundown would be good for the position, but I also think it would be wise to go outside of the current members of vVv to select a co-division leader or something. No matter who you select for the position, they are probably not going to have a ton of insight or experience outside of vVv besides Sundown. This isn't a bad thing, but it limits your ideas and perspective. Cam would obviously be a great choice because he is level-headed, smart, and experienced. I think from choosing from solely from internally vVv, Cam would be your best bet.

I also saw that Detrimental/Frickin Stoked had posted earlier in the thread and was interested in the position. That is a great chance to get some new perspective and insight from someone who isn't straight from vVv nor is he some random unqualified person. I've been working with him and GowNation a lot recently, and he has proved himself to be hardworking, innovative, and a smart and talented individual. He could be exactly what you are looking for in a co-division leader.

Just my two cents.

Good luck on the search guys, you always have my support and attention.

-Rain

You do not remember me do you? lol no worries just the one who made sure you got Ice when you wall bounced in real life. :-)

I think these got missed.

Here are my next set of questions:

1)What time will you be able to commit to this division from Sept-Jan 1st? What will you be doing school, work, sports, other hobbies, are you single or dating? I'm looking to understand all the other things that will make demands on your time.

2)What 3 things can yo do between now and release that will help vVv Gaming's GoW Division. Please pick the 3 most important things and rank them in order of importance.

3)Can you stream? Can you capture video? Can you upload that video to YouTube? Please submit links as proof.

4)If you had a member of vVv gaming's GoW division who was not representing properly (either lack of social media use, lack of activity, or lack of interaction with applicants), how would you handle it?