vVv LordJerith

GoW Division Leader

Before I get started I'd like to say the thing that makes our division strong is the variety of people we have and the multiple things that they all bring to the table. Sun Down's write ups and Astonish's stream for example. As leader I would be working with everybody in the division closely and in no way shape or form try to monopolize anything. The people in the division will be making things happen, I'll be making sure everyone is on the same page and things are ran smoothly.

1)Grow the division - I've already established relationships with people like Hooligunn from GCON. With people like this helping promoting things like Sunday Night Gears it will not only attract more people to the site but help the GoW community as a whole.

2)Ensure players are developing - My team and I scrim and stream consistently and are willing to play with anybody who wants to learn how to play the game on a competitive level. Sunny's articles would be obviously used as reference as they're a great tool for new players and even experienced players.

3)Ensure players are adding value - Regularly check in with members making sure they're actively promoting not only vVv but also representing the gears community in a positive way.

4)Ensure our brand is respected in the greater Gears of War community - Making sure everybody in our GoW division is representing vVv in a positive way. If someone is portraying the vVv GoW division in what i feel is a negative way, they will be given fair warning, but if it continues a chop might be necessary.

5)Attract casual players - Again, if we manage to get Sunday Night Gears up and running this will attract the casuals. My team's youtube channel will feature competitive scrims and eventually commentary that will appeal to the more casual crowd so they can get a basic understanding and what exactly is going down.(These future commentaries should be used on vVv's channel as well.)

Again, everyone in the GoW division will be making this happen while I provide assistance, making sure everything is ran smoothly, and on track.

very well said and you have my full support

For those of you interested in running it, please tell me how you would:

1)grow the division

2)Ensure players are developing

3)Ensure players are adding value

4)Ensure our brand is respected in the greater Gears of War community

5)Attract casual players

Please be as detailed as possible. Any generic answers will get a ton of questions.

Sounds like it would work better with two people...

Seeing as I am the newest member of the GoW Division, I am withdrawing from being a candidate. I think the leader should be someone that has had various experience in this community.

Also I agree with Astonish, all this seems too much for 1 person to handle. Maybe the leader can elect a Co-Leader to help them out?

If one person can't handle 11 people. then they aren't for the job.

Honestly zombeasst alldeeeway

13 if me and nite get back in.

If one person can't handle 11 people. then they aren't for the job.

Honestly zombeasst alldeeeway

13 if me and nite get back in.

its not just for this community, but also the GoW community in general to grow the division and know how to communicate with casual/competitive players that are not part of this community

1)grow the division

2)Ensure players are developing

3)Ensure players are adding value

4)Ensure our brand is respected in the greater Gears of War community

5)Attract casual players

1)Many people here about vVv from teams from vVv's Gears teams success and want to be apart of the community so they can grow as players. Also, just by word of mouth, me being the respected GoW player that I am can talk to every group of players from Pro, Semi, to AM. I know vVv likes to have a variety of teams at different levels with different sponsorships, for example vVv Destiny at Toronto. Another way to grow the division is by making sure everyone who is in the vVv GoW community has the proper Motto/Bio to promote the division to ensure proper representation.

2) At least one player on each team will have a capture card If I am the GoW Division leader. This will ensure I see game play from either video or stream. Not just improvements and development in team play but also team chemistry by communicating with each team member individually and as a group to see what is going on. One of the biggest things that I have seen to be the downfall of a team is holding something in and then bursting everything out at a random time. The individual talks will ensure everything is going well, and that the team is developing.

3) Adding value goes along with what I just said, having the proper motto/bio. Actively contributing to the forums in a good way and not just spamming Good Luck and nice post i agree. I've watched all of the videos about pro sports and how their expected to add value to their sponsors and agree that is how gaming should be treated.

4) Of the top of my head I know who respects their sponsors and how players act behind a communities back. I can tell just by the way they post on the forums or the shoutbox. Every GoW vVv team will be involved with the community and I will stress the importance of this very much. As far as respected by the greater community, they will not act poorly in scrims vs. bad teams, or quit mid game. Also, the GB forums post by members of the teams will be monitored and they will be pre warned that their attitudes on their reflect back on the community.

5) The way that I always thought of attracting casuals is by word of mouth in ranked and forums they post on. As long as no one sends a bad message when in these atmospheres vVv will be attracting casual players.

Sorry for any typos or grammar errors I'm doing this from my iphone :P

Grow the Division- I'd try to grow the division by being active among the gears applicants, but also by reaching out to other reaches of the gow community on other website and be looking for teams and groups of people with special individual talent or intelligence. There is a lot of undiscovered talent in gaming as well as un-appreciated attributes that contribute to a successful gamer. This can be done through social networking and close interaction with the community.

Ensure Player Development- I would ensure that players were getting better by not only working and playing with them, but also going over any gameplay they have as well as encourage the use of cpature cards and streams and using any and all past tournament video. I also believe player development can be achieved simply through logging hours effectively, so any full teams would have to keep a practice log of when they player and what they did.

Ensure Players are Adding Value- Keep a record of tweets and other social media usage, as well as how much content is being put out by the individual and what things are they doing to represent vVv gaming. Do they have our brand out there and are they contributing to it in a positive manner. This is the key. vVv shirts at events, retweeting important news, advertising to our sponsors and just being marketable all needs to be required of the players.

Ensure Brand Respect- I feel with my connections throughout the entire GoW community and the fact that I am a respected person allows for me to ensure our brand is greatly respected. Keeping open relations with all of these groups and the different websites that are cropping up is very important. I also want to commentate on the sunday night gears thing we are trying to set-up with Gcon's hooligunn. All of these would ensure a great amount of publicity and respect for vVv and our brand.

Attract Casual Players- I have in the past participated in events on other forums to try and spread competitive gow as well as the vVv brand. I enjoyed and loved playing in GCON and still have many contacts with their staff members. I loved going onto the epic forums and interacting with the community, as well as being a prescence on GoW Nation and Gamebattles.

ehh its tough lol, I know RobZ and Sundown have been around for a while and have expierence, but I also think zombeast could do a good job as well. Overall most of the applicants are good, so you can't really go wrong!

Hell i might even get back into gaming.. idk :D

Zombeast, Sundown and Robz all have acceptable answers. Here are my next set of questions:

1)What time will you be able to commit to this division from Sept-Jan 1st? What will you be doing school, work, sports, other hobbies, are you single or dating? I'm looking to understand all the other things that will make demands on your time.

2)What 3 things can yo do between now and release that will help vVv Gaming's GoW Division. Please pick the 3 most important things and rank them in order of importance.

3)Can you stream? Can you capture video? Can you upload that video to YouTube? Please submit links as proof.

4)If you had a member of vVv gaming's GoW division who was not representing properly (either lack of social media use, lack of activity, or lack of interaction with applicants), how would you handle it?

Honestly, I believe since Sun Down really wants to play GoW3 and is really in with a lot of the big names in Gears past... He makes the most sense to put in charge of the Division. Astonish is eager and ready to do a lot of good things which is great but maybe he would be better at working with Sundown to Co-Lead the Division? That might be the best bet because I know Cam has a better foothold with Gears players not in vVv. I would like to also state that I would love to help out as much as possible with the Gears division. While I most likely will not play the game competitively, I will however always love GoW and the community and really want the Division to be on the Starcraft Divisions level. Good luck to whoever gets the job and please let me know if I can help in anyway possible.

I think having two to three people run the division would be our best bet. If we want to be efficient and do things right the first time, measure twice but cut once, then we should have an optimal amount of people on the job so we always have at least one person to help apps, overlook the Gears forums, play with apps, go over strategies, provide content, etc. at all times. It would also help when coming to decisions based in competitive Gears, and seeing as these guys have a lot of unique things that they bring to the table, it would be a shame to cut out some potential talent, insight, and decision-making because we only picked one person.

Also, since I'll be hosting Sunday Night Gears, it'd be great to work with a sort of collaborative instead of just one person when it comes to running that with the division. Just my $.02.

I think having two to three people run the division would be our best bet. If we want to be efficient and do things right the first time, measure twice but cut once, then we should have an optimal amount of people on the job so we always have at least one person to help apps, overlook the Gears forums, play with apps, go over strategies, provide content, etc. at all times. It would also help when coming to decisions based in competitive Gears, and seeing as these guys have a lot of unique things that they bring to the table, it would be a shame to cut out some potential talent, insight, and decision-making because we only picked one person.

Also, since I'll be hosting Sunday Night Gears, it'd be great to work with a sort of collaborative instead of just one person when it comes to running that with the division. Just my $.02.

The only problem i foresee with multiple people helping is... One person gets stuck doing the same thing over and over and the other person does the other things... Like no one wants to be the only person to overlook forums but if the other leader is not doing it, he is stuck and since he does it the other leader may say well he can do that and I will play and talk with people over XBL or something like that. We need 2 or 3 of the same kind of people that can easily do the same amount of work each and not just think since the other one is doing it they do not have to... That is always the issue

The only problem i foresee with multiple people helping is... One person gets stuck doing the same thing over and over and the other person does the other things... Like no one wants to be the only person to overlook forums but if the other leader is not doing it, he is stuck and since he does it the other leader may say well he can do that and I will play and talk with people over XBL or something like that. We need 2 or 3 of the same kind of people that can easily do the same amount of work each and not just think since the other one is doing it they do not have to... That is always the issue

Well yeah, they would all do the same work, it wouldn't be split up (unless someone else decides that's better, that's not up to me). But it'd be better to have more than one person doing this stuff than just one, because if we lose that one person for some reason for some amount of time...either we have no division leader or we have one or two more left to keep doing the work in their time of absence, business as usual.

Well yeah, they would all do the same work, it wouldn't be split up (unless someone else decides that's better, that's not up to me). But it'd be better to have more than one person doing this stuff than just one, because if we lose that one person for some reason for some amount of time...either we have no division leader or we have one or two more left to keep doing the work in their time of absence, business as usual.

I agree with you that we definitely need at least 2 people running the division

process moving forward:

• I will ask questions until Saturday
  • I will meet with GoW div Sunday at 9:30PM EST to discucss
  • We will discuss at Monday's Staff meeting
  • We will announce on Tuesday

Word of advice: Get people from outside vVv to post here and say why they would join or feel it is good if you were leader. THOUGHTFUL posts only. It is not a popularity contest.

Final decsion is mine anyway. :Victory:

I like Detrimental and his answers. He's done a marvelous job doing Social Media for GowNation and has really matured over the last year or so. I think he should be seriously considered.

Edited by jlr5175

After much thought I have decided that I am formally in the running for GoW Division Leader.

1)Grow the division- In order to grow the division we will have to make it a fun place to be as well as keep the division competitively focused in game and willing to help other teams and players out of the game. To grow the division successfully:

1) I will go to all Gears forums, like GoW Nation, Epic forums, GB, and MLG to let people know we are recruiting and to apply for the Gears Division, but I also will tell them why they should join vVv

As a vVv member who was neglected by Perilous to ride with him to Columbus, I say he is not allowed to run.

jk

GL HF do work.

Peri definitely has my vote. But if there is going to be two then Sun Down would be my next choice. The reason I think Perilous would be the best is because you can tell how much he wants it just from his detailed response and all the ideas he has come up with already. I really like how he is taking the example of SC2 since it is the game that is changing eSports. Our SC2 division is doing really well so I must say if Ryan took some of the things from them to apply it to GOW it would only be good. I think he will need help though but that does not mean that he needs a co-leader. He will just need someone to be there for him when he needs mutiple people. Peri <3