Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Optimize : (16 April 2014 - 07:37 PM) If anyone wants to run some Last Titan Standing on TF hmu. It's me and Dynasty so far.
@  vVv Zodyak : (16 April 2014 - 06:28 PM) anyone around that could help me with mumble
@  xX DyNazTy : (16 April 2014 - 06:24 PM) si i just bought a computer
@  vVv Deadblow : (16 April 2014 - 06:19 PM) hey
@  vVv ORION : (16 April 2014 - 05:37 PM) YAAAAAAAWN!
@  vVv Pherzghul : (16 April 2014 - 03:40 PM) lol geez
@  vVv Tatsuota : (16 April 2014 - 03:26 PM) only 55 more views til 2k :)
@  vVv Tatsuota : (16 April 2014 - 03:25 PM) @vVv Pherzghul yes but its lamost here
@  vVv Pherzghul : (16 April 2014 - 03:15 PM) @vVv Tatsuota false advertisement! >.<
@  vVv Twitter : (16 April 2014 - 02:32 PM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): Meet @vVv_Spo, the captain of our #Hearthstone in his introductory interview: http://t.co/UYW0IjtEaE
@  vVv Tatsuota : (16 April 2014 - 02:25 PM) the codes are all gone but lets get the post to 2k views! http://www.vvv-gamin...ga-skin-thread/
@  vVv noc0ntrol : (16 April 2014 - 02:21 PM) Hey spo ^_
@  vVv Spo : (16 April 2014 - 02:00 PM) Cheers Rah!
@  vVv WooTang : (16 April 2014 - 01:52 PM) I need to start with the 4v4 or 2v2 qualifiers for Ghost
@  RahRah : (16 April 2014 - 01:51 PM) Congrats, Spo. Glad to see you all over at Hearthstone doing well. Enjoy the holiday and streaming!
@  vVv WooTang : (16 April 2014 - 01:50 PM) @vVv MetalFoot I just did that
@  vVv Spo : (16 April 2014 - 01:50 PM) http://hearthstone.2...u_vs_cn_master/ for participants list and info
@  vVv Spo : (16 April 2014 - 01:49 PM) also free from work due to easter etc till TUESDAY! :) probably streaming practice tomorrow, saturday is EU vs CN 2p.com qualifiers!
@  vVv Spo : (16 April 2014 - 01:48 PM) Nice to see interview is out
@  xX DyNazTy : (16 April 2014 - 01:43 PM) hello

Photo

Kontrol Freek FPS Freeks

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Slauney

Slauney

vVv Historian

• 1,236 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:19 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

FPS Freek Reviews

Gametime13's Review

Not sure if anyone else has been thinking of buying these or not, but I picked them up after seeing them on this site. So, I figured I'd throw in my $.02 on what I think of them. I mainly play R6V2, and a little COD4. First of all, they are a breeze to install. Now onto the playing. I thought for the first hour or so that I was going to end up trashing them because all they did was mess me up. But, as the package said, I gave them 3 hours. By the end of that 3 hours, I was hooked!! They greatly improved my control on those minor adjustments, and even helped in those frantic up close battles where I tend to spray a little. Now, I can be pretty good at times, so I thought "maybe I am just on a roll right now." So, I took them off, and wow it was weird. Even after that short period of time, I had naturally adjusted to them. Just as they promised. In my opinion, for $10 they are more than worth it, as there isn't much risk involved at all. Hope this helps those who are considering them!!!

Deathsho7's Review

PROS

Grip - NIce feel on thumb rest
Performance - raises the thumbsticks up for better accuracy
Price - $10

CONS

- Hard to put on
- Hard to take off
- Feel cheap at the base

I'll give them a 4/5
buy them if you play MW2 or Halo3.
I haven't tried them on Gears2 yet.

Slauney
Previous Director of Operations
Follow me on Twitter @Slauney

Xbl: vVv Slauney | Bnet: vVvSlauney.414 | LoL: SlauneyOnClouds
Posted Image

#2 FlxsH

FlxsH

Future of eSports

• 896 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:40 PM

Had them in CoD4, but took them off because my local lans didn't understand them and thought they were a way of cheated <.< but im def picking up another pair before cbus

Posted Image

#3 -ZeRo- Brawl

-ZeRo- Brawl

vVv Historian

• 1,308 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:16 PM

Had them in CoD4, but took them off because my local lans didn't understand them and thought they were a way of cheated <.< but im def picking up another pair before cbus

I don't get why people think that FPS Freeks are "cheating".

--Using a modded controller IS CHEATING.

--Using FPS Freeks IS NOT Cheating.

Edited by -ZeRo-, 01 May 2011 - 09:19 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Famine

Famine

Lurker

• 59 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:28 PM

They probably view it as cheating because in a sense, when you stick those on the joysticks, you are 'modding' the controller.

Also, if using them gives a definite advantage over someone that does not have them, people will always view them as cheating. The only one I could see as a real
modification to how the controller functions (and would affect a players abilities to a noticeable amount), would be the Speed Freek one because it actually changes how you put pressure on the joystick when moving in a side to side motion. (Due to the U shape)

For those that will say, adding an FPS Freek is not a modification.

Here is a lesson. Modding is slang expression derived from the verb modify.

here is one definition of modify

transitive verb
a : to make minor changes in
b : to make basic or fundamental changes in often to give a new orientation to or to serve a new end.

So by putting a FPS Freek onto a controller, you are technically making a change in the controller. So basically you are modding the controller.
Modding does not just refer to permanent changes such as people adding switches to give their controllers rapid fire.

Edited by Famine, 01 May 2011 - 10:38 PM.

#5 CoLRR

CoLRR

Active Forum Contributor

• 190 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:19 AM

nice review,try them on GoW and let us know
Posted Image

#6 JakeeeW

JakeeeW

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

I really wanna try some of these but every review basically says the same, that it comes down to personal preference so I dont know if i wanna risk it.

#7 Staxxemail

Staxxemail

I need to post more!

• I need to update my e-mail
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

Hey, nice post I also have Kontrol Freeks although the ones I got are the Black Ops Prestige Edition. I recommend getting them since they have alot more grip and also last alot longer. Anyways like I said good thread. -The Staxx
-The Staxx

#8 MaBleek

MaBleek

Active Forum Contributor

• 150 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:08 AM

Well as a starter I personally would recommend these. For one, they are very inexpensive for the results they do bring. Another thing is that for the fact that if you personally don't like them while using them, u suggest that you continue to use them because then after you do decode to finally decide to take them off they still helped up your accuracy a lot. I personally never play without them because I feel that the xbox joystick are too small compared to the test of he controller. If you are a strictly PS3 player, then I would suggest not using them as they seem too bulky and uncomfortable in that circumstance.

GT: bLeeKNaSty

Twitter: @BleekProduction

YouTube: BleekInaBox

#9 Gusto

Gusto

I need to post more!

• 47 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:29 PM

if i was a cod player i dget them but does anyone know how well they work on gears?

#10 Corrupt

Corrupt

Active Forum Contributor

• 220 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

I personally am not a fan of these. Now I'm not saying don't buy them, because for 10$ they're worth a shot. But, I think the whole "accuracy" thing is a gimmick. Just as it takes 3 hours to get used to them, if you take them off to see a difference, you will need another 3 hours to get used to the regular controller. I also think they are a bit to sensitive for my liking, and also feel unnatural in my hands. However, I do know alot of my friends who swear by them. IMO take a chance at them! But don't get discouraged when you first start using them!

Twitter @ vVv_Corrupt

PSN: vVv_Corrupt

XBL: vVv Corrupt

AIM: MLGCorrupt

#11 AfterpsycH 1mF

AfterpsycH 1mF

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:51 AM

I like the feel of these, I am not sure if they give me an advantage but I like the feel of the control with these on them.

#12 Yo mafia

Yo mafia

I need to post more!

• 23 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:34 AM

i like the fps. they really work with big hands.
*Team Side eFx*Posted Image

#13 Burnsville.

Burnsville.

Ask me about abortion

• 73 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:39 AM

I really feel strongly about them being good for Halo. But not for Gears. Not kidding I gave myself time to adjust and I was still horrible at Gears with them. But some how drastically better at Halo.

Take a chill pill, it's just Burnsville.

#14 MpaaC_sLaps

MpaaC_sLaps

Lurker

• New Forum Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

kontrolfreaks do help ur shot but it comes down to a personal preference for most people
Team force

#15 PiKacHu

PiKacHu

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

From personal experiences i really didnt like the way kontrol freeks felt but thats just me

#16 `Phobia

`Phobia

Lurker

• New Forum Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

I also didnt like the feel of them , i played with them for about 2 weeks and then took them off and felt I played better without them. But thats just me.

#17 TcTrickster

TcTrickster

I need to post more!

• 27 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:30 PM

def picking up a pair of these soon
Posted Image

#18 Stratisfied

Stratisfied

Lurker

• 81 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:14 PM

I used those FPS Freaks when i played Halo 3 and they legitmately made me hit a perfect 4 shot 6x times more than i did in the past. IMO they are worth the 10$ but only if you take the game somewhat seriously and strive to do good in it. In that sense they give you a competetive edge, but if you just play games like halo only for forge wouldnt reccomend them at all.

#19 oCapCoMz-

oCapCoMz-

I need to post more!

• 14 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:29 PM

which ones are better to get?

#20 Xyrozukin

Xyrozukin

Lurker

• 66 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:06 AM

Fps freaks are good but they make clicking the sticks harder.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive Free Shipping with your purchase of $99 or more!
Change Theme!