Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Axios : (19 April 2014 - 09:24 AM) @vVv Tatsuota ya its also funny to hear the stories they say as well lol
@  vVv Tatsuota : (19 April 2014 - 09:15 AM) its funny to see how many people fake being with an organization. It just makes you look really bad
@  vVv Axios : (19 April 2014 - 08:44 AM) good morning
@  Oriklad : (19 April 2014 - 08:36 AM) Morning everyone!!!
@  vVv Spike : (19 April 2014 - 06:34 AM) uhhh I think I just got drop hacked
@  vVv MetalFoot : (19 April 2014 - 06:31 AM) yo yo yo
@  vVv Kraft : (18 April 2014 - 10:39 PM) Come support the stream if you're not doing to much! Keep it open and help grow the #'s www.twitch.tv/aamenta Diablo 3 Torment 5 Rifting with friends!!!
@  vVv Buzz : (18 April 2014 - 10:26 PM) hi
@  vVv Kraft : (18 April 2014 - 09:28 PM) Friday Night Diablo! http://www.twitch.tv/aamenta Live Now! With buddies Matt and Trav! Tune in!
@  RahRah : (18 April 2014 - 08:21 PM) Streaming Stalker Tank PvP. come join at http://www.twitch.tv/rahrah_
@  vVv Deadblow : (18 April 2014 - 08:20 PM) hopefully hit Gen 3 before end of night
@  vVv Deadblow : (18 April 2014 - 08:10 PM) ...
@  vVv Deadblow : (18 April 2014 - 07:59 PM) yea
@  vVv WooTang : (18 April 2014 - 07:52 PM) @vVv sK1ppY so whats going on
@  vVv WooTang : (18 April 2014 - 07:51 PM) @vVv Deadblow are you streaming via XB1
@  vVv Deadblow : (18 April 2014 - 07:50 PM) hey guys im still streaming http://www.twitch.tv/deadblow13
@  vVv WooTang : (18 April 2014 - 07:50 PM) @vVv Tatsuota getting annoying
@  vVv Tatsuota : (18 April 2014 - 07:48 PM) if you want to get into streaming i suggest investing in an avermedia
@  vVv Tatsuota : (18 April 2014 - 07:47 PM) its not working
@  vVv WooTang : (18 April 2014 - 07:47 PM) Whats up?

Photo

steelseries 5H v2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Slauney

Slauney

vVv Historian

• 1,236 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Steelseries 5H v2 Headset

Posted Image

Jerkstore's Review

I've been through many headphones and headsets, and have a few good pairs of Sony and Sennheiser cans. So I'm a bit picky when it comes to sound. My first impression of this headset is that it is extremely comfortable. They sit comfortably around my ears, I don't feel the bridge pressing down on my head, and my ears feel just fine after several hours of use. That alone is enough to buy this headset; most headsets are uncomfortable and turn your ears red after an hour or two.

The sound quality is crisp. The first thing I noticed is a lack of bass, but I easily fixed this by turning up bass amplification in my soundcard settings, and they sound just as good as the Sony cans I usually wear for music. Most reviews will tell you these are bad for music, but that's only because they do have weak bass if you don't tweak your sound at all.

I haven't tried out the supposed Virtual 7.1 yet, but these headphones work great for gaming. I can locate the sounds coming from hunters, smokers and boomers just fine. The quality never becomes muddled or over-modulated as some headphones do when playing Left 4 Dead in a hectic horde with hundreds of zombies yelling.

The microphone is nice and simple. It retracts into the headphones if you just want to use them for audio. Good quality microphone, nobody has complained yet. And there's no cloth on the outside to get smelly, ripped up and chewed.

Great comfort, great quality, great microphone. Best headset I've ever owned.

vVv Doomhammer's Review

After using the SteelSeries 5H v2 headsets for a bit, I've decided to give a breakdown on my experiences with them. I know that some people have been having some trouble and don't think of them too favorably, but I'm finding them a joy to use.

Earpieces: Soft and comfortable. They fit well around my ear without causing pressure to the cartilage itself, which I've found with other headsets causes irritation after prolonged use. While they don't completely kill surrounding ambient surrounding noise, they do an excellent job of deadening it, which allows the sound coming through the headset to be sharp and highly audible.

Sound Quality: These things are golden. They has an excellent range of sound, which is phenomenal both in terms of music and gaming. Additionally it has excellent clarity. Sounds and voices coming through are crisp and clear.

Microphone: This is the area where most people are having trouble with the headsets. They've experienced a low quality output of sound and have been told they're hard to hear. I also experienced that briefly, but it seemed to me that the problem was mostly based on the microphone direction. THE MICROPHONE PICKUP IS SPECIFICALLY DIRECTIONAL, and given the flexibility of the microphone neck it's quite easy for the facing to be pointed wrong. Twisting it so that it's properly oriented is easy, and fixes the problem. Also, the neck holds that direction well. In addition, it's easy to tell where the proper orientation is because there's a small screw on the microphone facing the same direction as the microphone pickup. Be sure you have it facing the right way!

Misc: The cable is made of a woven material, which is both durable and flexible, and won't wear out nearly as fast as rubber will. In addition, the cable has an extra section that allows an extremely long cord or a more practical short one.

Connectors: The connectors are pretty standard. Two 1/8th inch TSR plugs, one for microphone and one for earpiece, as you'll see in almost all headsets. There's an extra adapter that is used to plug into a xbox 360 controller, and this may be the other piece of the trouble people have been having. It's the one place where feedback is important to SteelSeries because having effective connections to both xbox controllers, and more specifically the mix amps used at MLG events, is very important.

I'm extremely pleased with the quality of the headsets and I'm incredibly excited to have SteelSeries as a vVv sponsor. Their manufacture of products is exceptional, and I'm confident that collaboration between vVv Gaming and SteelSeries will help to further improve on gaming products.

Video Review by vVv Stitches:

http://www.playwire.com/videos/27313

Slauney
Previous Director of Operations
Follow me on Twitter @Slauney

Xbl: vVv Slauney | Bnet: vVvSlauney.414 | LoL: SlauneyOnClouds
Posted Image

#2 Stitches

Stitches

VIP

• 3,453 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:37 PM

Great job =)
Stitches.png

#3 CoLRR

CoLRR

Active Forum Contributor

• 190 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:21 PM

Nice Review Guys !
Posted Image

#4 Nuff Proto

Nuff Proto

Active Forum Contributor

• 413 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:44 PM

Cost??? Great rewiew anyway ! :Victory:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Its all about my 0.8 upload

My vVv Application

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.
Change Theme!