Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Pherzghul : (23 April 2014 - 11:10 AM) hopefully we can get more people from the community in and get something going.
@  vVv Pherzghul : (23 April 2014 - 11:08 AM) @vVv LordJerith There are too few of us playing right now to even try to do something like that
@  vVv LordJerith : (23 April 2014 - 11:07 AM) @vVv Pherzghul really wish that was a vVv guild. . . so good, but sadly not much there for us
@  vVv Deadblow : (23 April 2014 - 10:59 AM) hey hey
@  Chief Cuello : (23 April 2014 - 10:53 AM) @axios I might. still thinkin on it
@  vVv Axios : (23 April 2014 - 10:47 AM) Anyone getting wolfenstein?
@  vVv MikEvil : (23 April 2014 - 10:43 AM) Whats going on everybody ?
@  vVv Axios : (23 April 2014 - 10:43 AM) Hawt
@  vVv Vall : (23 April 2014 - 10:41 AM) I'll take your booty
@  Deadaim : (23 April 2014 - 10:37 AM) morning everyone
@  vVv Pherzghul : (23 April 2014 - 10:32 AM) lol ikr
@  vVv sK1ppY : (23 April 2014 - 10:31 AM) if its free its for me
@  vVv sK1ppY : (23 April 2014 - 10:31 AM) @vVv Pherzghul ok no u change it
@  vVv Pherzghul : (23 April 2014 - 10:29 AM) pirate vall?
@  vVv Vall : (23 April 2014 - 10:28 AM) Arhhhh
@  vVv Pherzghul : (23 April 2014 - 10:28 AM) @vVv sK1ppY it's k, the game will be free to play so you should check it out once it's live
@  vVv sK1ppY : (23 April 2014 - 10:28 AM) @vVv Pherzghul nope just not interested at this time i am no way moving from TF
@  vVv Pherzghul : (23 April 2014 - 10:28 AM) you build your own ship and go out with your fleet to either make a trade bundle run, to fish or to be a pirate for pvp
@  vVv Pherzghul : (23 April 2014 - 10:27 AM) @vVv sK1ppY this is unlike WoW, this is wayyy better. You can be a pirate and attack players of your own faction too. Steal and kill.
@  vVv sK1ppY : (23 April 2014 - 10:25 AM) @vVv Pherzghul ooo ok u scared me, wtf is that i never even heard of it and if its a MMO im sad to inform u my MMO days r RIP because I have titans to drop yay

Photo

Losers Bracket: Round 63

gears of war socom portal contests gamer grub slogans

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 vVv Paradise

vVv Paradise

VIP

• Honorary Member
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:05 AM

Posted Image

The Loser's Bracket - Round 63
Gears 3 Beta, Video Contest and Gamer Grub winners

It's a huge week in the world of gaming! The Gears of War 3 Beta has been released alongside SOCOM 4, Portal 2 and other big name titles. Listen in as the crew shares their in-depth thoughts on how the newest Gears of War currently plays. Additionally, our team discusses new releases, new technology and a new Gears Video contest! Speaking of contests, tune in to hear if you are the winner of our Gamer Grub slogan contest from last week! Did you take home two cases of this tasty snack?

http://youtu.be/mQ15qKKbyuY

http://vvvgaming.podbean.com/mf/web/3n8pmi/LosersBracketEp63.mp3

Listen to the entire vVv podcast catalog at our podcast website! Click here to check it out!

Jason "Paradise" Kuntz
Community Manager,
Duel of Champions
Ubisoft Entertainment
Follow me on Twitter: @vVvParadise
Friend me of Facebook: /vVvParadise

#2 FlxsH

FlxsH

Future of eSports

• 896 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:12 AM

Listening now!

Posted Image

#3 Astonish.

Astonish.

Ex vVv Member

• 430 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:34 AM

GoW Talk on The Losers Bracket!? YES! Its been way too long :)

Twitter.com/Astoniish

#4 Chidori

Chidori

One Thousand Birds

• 1,680 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:40 AM

It has been awhile that I've heard Gears talk on the Podcast. It's a nice change. Good work guys! Loving it. Tweeting it as well ;).

I'm not in competition with anybody but myself. My goal is to beat my last performance.

The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.

#5 Relent is BANNED

Relent is BANNED

BANNED 4 LIFE

• Banned
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:14 AM

good read! I can't that Relent person didn't win the contest but anyway congrats to the winner.

Posted Image

#6 Zombeast

Zombeast

vVv GoW

• 1,075 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:39 AM

I can definitely see both Checkout and Thrashball being on the competitive scene with the right swaps.

Starting weapons will most likely be the lancer and gnasher due to the plancer and double barrel shotgun requiring little to no to skill to use. The Hammerburst will only slow down gameplay and I doubt the MLG community will make the same mistake twice in adding it as the primary assault rifle.

I don't see TDM becoming one of the MLG gametypes due to the simple fact that there are only 2 spawn points, once one team gets the number advantage its way to easy to set up and just trap the other team resulting in easy spawn camping and boring matches.

With the Epic community and MLG community finally annexing as well as the majority of the competitive gears community maturing, thing are definitely looking up!

Oh ever since I started using twitter a couple months ago I got addicted, everybody should hop on the twitter game!

Posted Image

#7 Sumer

Sumer

Active Forum Contributor

• New Forum Member
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:06 AM

Can't wait for the release! Gonna be so hype.

#8 Voison

Voison

Team Legacy [TL]

• 3,555 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:08 AM

Will be checking this out after I wake up :D

Also retweeting... EVERYONE better retweeting this.. GoW3 Beta is huge.. alot of people are dying to get more info on it... great way to get more hits and views for us.. :drink_mini:

Kenny "Voison" Gordon
Twitter: @TL_Voison

#9 Falcon

Falcon

New Zealand Halo Player

• 324 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:27 AM

Listened to half then lost internet connection. Will finish the rest off tonight. I am retweeting ALL the vVv Gaming News!

I'm surprised at how many podcasts vVv produce on such a regular basis. Keep up the good work Jason/Jerry!

#10 xFuSioNx

xFuSioNx

I need to post more!

• 37 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:39 AM

Listening to this right now! Was waiting for the next episode, and now its here! :)

#11 Bnk5D

Bnk5D

vVv Historian

• 1,507 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:04 AM

Great episode everyone!
Posted Image
Posted Image
vVv JayC : (24 March 2011 - 12:37 AM) bankd is a god

#12 OhMyApollo

OhMyApollo

Forum Commando

• 628 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:30 AM

Listening now....And ya'll should wish this dude Paradise here a Happy Birthday!!!

Edited by vVv Apollo, 21 April 2011 - 11:30 AM.

Coach of Ability
GT: OhMyApollo Skype: InsiderApollo

Former vVv Halo Coach: 

Columbus '12: vVv Ability- 17th

#13 Stitches

Stitches

VIP

• 3,453 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:24 PM

GoW Talk on The Losers Bracket!? YES! Its been way too long :)

I can definitely see both Checkout and Thrashball being on the competitive scene with the right swaps.Starting weapons will most likely be the lancer and gnasher due to the plancer and double barrel shotgun requiring little to no to skill to use. The Hammerburst will only slow down gameplay and I doubt the MLG community will make the same mistake twice in adding it as the primary assault rifle.I don't see TDM becoming one of the MLG gametypes due to the simple fact that there are only 2 spawn points, once one team gets the number advantage its way to easy to set up and just trap the other team resulting in easy spawn camping and boring matches.With the Epic community and MLG community finally annexing as well as the majority of the competitive gears community maturing, thing are definitely looking up!Oh ever since I started using twitter a couple months ago I got addicted, everybody should hop on the twitter game!

Stitches.png

#14 Charmander

Charmander

Active Forum Contributor

• 203 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:26 PM

Great to hears Gears on the Losers Bracket. Absolutely can't wait to see what they do with it on the circuit.

Follow me on Twitter! @vVvCharmander

Posted Image

#15 SlimCrim

SlimCrim

Public Enemy

• 436 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

TDM, KOTH and CTL are fine for casual play in ranked matches, but are really terrible competitively. The main reason being that there are only two spawns on any map, and after the initial break/start the game revolves around camping. In Execution, you get a fresh start every round, more opportunities to come back and to beat the other team you have to bring something every round rather than being able to hold one spot all game.

The weapons are fine, my only concern is the lancer being too strong, if it got its damage reduced a bit I think it would be perfect. (In terms of competitive play where silly HB, Plancer, and DBS don't exist). Additions of the mantle kick and a weapon like the Digger are finally some advantages for the offensive player in a battle, which is something that was really lacking in GoW2. The pistol is also excellent when it decides to work right, but in TDM sometimes the rate of fire just gets stuck for no reason.

Overall, with a minor tweak to the lancer damage, I foresee few obstacles in the future of GoW3 competitively.
Posted Image

#16 Indifferent

Indifferent

Ya Boi

• 2,426 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:26 PM

Got to play some VIP beta, too.

Just my thoughts on everything:

Weapons:
The Lancer could definitely use a bit of a damage reduction, same with the Hammerburst. As much as I like the Retro Lancer, it's pretty overpowered at short range and it will most likely slow down any competitive game since, in the right hands, you can shut down practically any kind of push with a hipfired retro. As for the DBS, yeah it's power is ridiculous, but it has a lot of cons considering it only has four shots, terrible range, and the worst reload time in the game. For Execution, it might as well be banned because dieing is extremely important, but it could be legal if TDM is used over Execution, though maybe to balance it out only one person per team is allowed to use it?

However, just to be safe, the standard Lancer/Gnasher combo should be fine for competitive play.

Maps:
All the maps are amazing, and I agree with Jason, Old Town is my favorite of them all. It has a lot of character, promotes active, fast gameplay, and changes it up a bit by being more open and having a lot of routes to use. It almost feels like the new Gridlock, albeit a tad bigger. I love the spawns, overall the map is great. It can easily be used competitively, and I agree with Thrashball and Checkout being competitive as well. Checkout is a great map, tons of cover to move about, spawns are good, everything is great. Thrashball is good too, save for the set-back spawns. However, I like the momentum-based pace of the map, with each team trying to control the top or the area down in the middle once the scoreboard goes down. And, IMO, the scoreboard isn't a problem at all. The map even warns you when the cord is about to snap. It's perfectly fine.

Trenches, too, is the only one I'm a bit iffy on. It's not the sandstorm that bothers me (I mean, it lasts for like only a few moments), but just the layout of the map seems somewhat awkward. I like it, but not for competitive play if we can help it.

Movement:
The mantle kick is amazing, it was definitely a great idea. On the offensive side, it's a great anti-camping tactic, promotes fast gameplay, and rewards someone for being offensive. On the side of being in cover, when someone is moving towards you, just back up. Not that hard. Punish them for over-committing. Also, the 8-way roll is awesome. Makes moving around the map and dodging oncoming fire that much easier.

Overall, I really like the beta and I can't see nothing but good coming from the release and hopefully the competitive scene. Not gonna comment on TDM since I don't wanna get into that, but for now I like it, just hopefully the spawn issue gets fixed. Great job with the show guys, hopefully I get to play some beta with all of you!
Posted Image
vVv SugarBear (24 January 2012 - 12:39 PM): @Rapture if you make GM by 2013 I will pay for your copy of SC2

#17 IceVayne

IceVayne

Active Forum Contributor

• 133 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:08 PM

Really liked the podcast this week. Loved hearing everyone's views on the Gears 3 Beta. I've been playing a lot of the Gears 3 Beta and def loving it so far. Just like Jason said, it appeals to the casual shooting fans.

#18 Eriaden

Eriaden

Active Forum Contributor

• 241 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:20 PM

Great podcast.

I guess I will have to get GoW 3 anytime soon.

Posted Image

#19 Fear

Fear

MMO Scrub

• 3,615 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

Kinda disappointed that there wasn't much talk about mortal kombat but that was expected since not many people around the vVv community plays fighters (besides brawl.) Great podcast nonetheless!

#20 Glon

Glon

vVv StarCraft 2 Graduate

• 470 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

Nice listen!

lisk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gears of war, socom, portal, contests, gamer grub, slogans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.
Change Theme!