Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Optimize : (16 April 2014 - 07:37 PM) If anyone wants to run some Last Titan Standing on TF hmu. It's me and Dynasty so far.
@  vVv Zodyak : (16 April 2014 - 06:28 PM) anyone around that could help me with mumble
@  xX DyNazTy : (16 April 2014 - 06:24 PM) si i just bought a computer
@  vVv Deadblow : (16 April 2014 - 06:19 PM) hey
@  vVv ORION : (16 April 2014 - 05:37 PM) YAAAAAAAWN!
@  vVv Pherzghul : (16 April 2014 - 03:40 PM) lol geez
@  vVv Tatsuota : (16 April 2014 - 03:26 PM) only 55 more views til 2k :)
@  vVv Tatsuota : (16 April 2014 - 03:25 PM) @vVv Pherzghul yes but its lamost here
@  vVv Pherzghul : (16 April 2014 - 03:15 PM) @vVv Tatsuota false advertisement! >.<
@  vVv Twitter : (16 April 2014 - 02:32 PM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): Meet @vVv_Spo, the captain of our #Hearthstone in his introductory interview: http://t.co/UYW0IjtEaE
@  vVv Tatsuota : (16 April 2014 - 02:25 PM) the codes are all gone but lets get the post to 2k views! http://www.vvv-gamin...ga-skin-thread/
@  vVv noc0ntrol : (16 April 2014 - 02:21 PM) Hey spo ^_
@  vVv Spo : (16 April 2014 - 02:00 PM) Cheers Rah!
@  vVv WooTang : (16 April 2014 - 01:52 PM) I need to start with the 4v4 or 2v2 qualifiers for Ghost
@  RahRah : (16 April 2014 - 01:51 PM) Congrats, Spo. Glad to see you all over at Hearthstone doing well. Enjoy the holiday and streaming!
@  vVv WooTang : (16 April 2014 - 01:50 PM) @vVv MetalFoot I just did that
@  vVv Spo : (16 April 2014 - 01:50 PM) http://hearthstone.2...u_vs_cn_master/ for participants list and info
@  vVv Spo : (16 April 2014 - 01:49 PM) also free from work due to easter etc till TUESDAY! :) probably streaming practice tomorrow, saturday is EU vs CN 2p.com qualifiers!
@  vVv Spo : (16 April 2014 - 01:48 PM) Nice to see interview is out
@  xX DyNazTy : (16 April 2014 - 01:43 PM) hello

Photo

Behind The Team: vVv Motivation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#1 Killzmane

Killzmane

Active Forum Contributor

• 221 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:21 PM

Posted Image

Interview and editing done by: Killzmane. Editing done by: vVv Blazek.

Alright guys, I finally had a chance to sit down with Motivation, the vVv Black Ops team. They are in preparation for their upcoming event at MLG Dallas. They are working hard, and I'm glad that I got the chance to speak with them. I would also like to thank them for talking with me. Now, without further ado, the details of the interview.

Posted Image - Posted Image - Posted Image - Posted Image
From left to right: vVv JuHGaNoMeTrY, vVv Klover, vVv P90, vVv Tempt.

Let’s start with each of you letting everyone know a little about yourselves including name, where you're from, and any other tidbit of information you would like to give?

vVv Tempt – My name is Randy Robinson. My gamertag is vVv Tempt. I reside in Hollysprings, Mississippi. I attend Northwest College. I play sports on the weekend. I plan to attend Michigan University in the fall.

vVv JuHGaNoMeTrY – Hi, I’m Juhganometry. A lot of people may be familiar with me from YouTube. My real name is Marcus Fields. I have a lot of videos on YouTube and Twitter. I love to get involved with the community. I started gaming in CoD4, playing competitively on the Xbox. I then went to MW2, and it got announced as a pro circuit game. I got 3rd at PCL2, 2nd PCL2, and 2nd at Nationals. I hope we continue to have a good relationship with vVv, and that we can continue to support the community.

vVv P90 – My name is George Sheppit. I’m from Canada. My PSN is vVv-p90. I play basketball on the weekend. I started my career by pubbing on Call of Duty: 4. I got a total of 32 days in. I was pretty good at the game, so I decided to get into competitive gaming. I continued to play well in pubs, and eventually got messaged by this team to play.

vVv Klover – My name is Paul Cosentino aka vVv Klover. I live in West York, New Jersey. I’m a sophomore. I started playing FPS games back during Socom. When I started playing ps3, people noticed me as I played Call of Duty: 4. I went from being bad to being good in MW2, and now I’ve come to black ops to compete with these guys.

Now, a little bit more in detail about Black Ops, the game, specifically. For those who don’t know, explain to them exactly how Black Ops is played in tournaments. What game modes, what roles are necessary in a Black Ops team, and any other information about Black Ops you would tell someone who had never heard, or played the game?

vVv P90 – Black Ops is a first person shooter. There are three game modes specifically played. Search and destroy is one. It’s where you plant the bomb or kill the entire opposing team. There is Capture the Flag, which has a score limit of 10 flags per half. And last but not least is domination. There is two rounds. 8 minutes long, and it also has a respawn delay.

What roles does each of you play on the team?

vVv Tempt – I am the objective Player. My job is to get on the objectives by planting bombs, and securing the enemy’s flag.

vVv JuHGaNoMeTrY – I’m more of a slayer. My job is to pretty much setup and take the enemy out one-by-one.

vVv P90 – I play support/slayer, but mostly support. I make sure Tempt can get into the spawn easier than if he went by himself.

vVv Klover – I do basically the same thing that Juggy does, I slay. I try to get a lot of kills, set up spawn traps for Tempt when he gets flags, bombs, etc.

What are your favorite game modes, guns, and maps?

vVv Tempt – My favorite game mode is ctf, my favorite gun is the AK74u w/ extended magazine, and my favorite map is Havana CTF.

vVv JuHGaNoMeTrY – My favorite game type is Search and Destroy. My favorite gun is the Famas, and my favorite map is the firing range.

vVv P90 – My favorite game type is also Search and Destroy. I, too, love the Famas, but I add a Red Dot Sight. My favorite map is Havana SnD.

vVv Klover – My favorite map is Summit, game type is Capture the Flag, and gun is both the Famas and the AK74u.

What exactly is so compelling about Black Ops that each of you, and the community in general, continues to support and play it, rather than another competitive FPS game?

vVv Tempt – In general, I just prefer Call of Duty over any other game. First Person Shooters are just my favorite type of game, and I definitely don’t like halo.

vVv JuHGaNoMeTrY – For me, the reason why I play Call of Duty over other games is because I’ve been with the Call of Duty community since the start, and we were always pushing to get our game on the circuit. I just have that ambition that wants to see the Call of Duty series succeed.

vVv P90 – I’ve been playing ps3 since the beginning. So, I haven’t had experience with Halo. And Call of Duty is really the most popular PS3 FPS.

vVv Klover – Why I play black ops over any other game? It’s because Call of Duty has been a big series since Call of Duty one. It’s the most popular because it’s on multiple systems rather than just one like Halo.

Now, let’s talk about the team and each of your roles on the team. First off, how did each of you meet?

vVv P90 - At the end of mw2 there was a team called four dimensions. When that died, I picked of vaz to go with me to Black Ops. During 25k we picked up Klover to play with us. When it was over, we picked up Juggy because we knew he knew the game, and how to play it.

Directed towards George: How exactly did you get the idea to create a team for Black Ops?

vVv P90 – I just figured since I played PCL3, that I wanted to go big in Black Ops. I wanted to play from the beginning. I was just a beast when the game first came out to put it plainly.

Directed towards the rest of the team: How exactly did you guys come to meet George and learn about his idea to create a team?

vVv Tempt – I’ve known George since the end of MW2.When he became serious about making a team; I knew it would go down. That’s all we ever talked about when we would get together was going big.

vVv JuHGaNoMeTrY – Well I knew him from MW2, we were very good friends. I never really teamed with him in MW2, but always wanted too. When Black Ops first came out we were still on opposite teams. He approached me, and asked to be on the team. That’s really how it all started.

vVv Klover – Basically, I really didn’t know P90 in MW2, I heard of him here and there, and played against him a few times. During Black Ops I was apart of another team, IGC Merkin Em’. And we had played Tempation and P90’s team in a 25k match. They came as the winner of the match, but I and another had absolutely carried our team. So, afterwards we approach them and asked to be apart of the team.

What is it you, as a player, always abide by when playing Black Ops? What is your motto?

vVv Tempt – The number one rule for me in a game, I just know that I have to find a way to get the objective. Finish my job. Every single time I come across it. I don’t think of anything else but getting my job done.

vVv JuHGaNoMeTrY – My little motto would be winners’ mentality. I’ve been with that since CoD4. I do whatever it takes to win. I don’t care about what people say, I do what I can do to win.

vVv P90 – I go into a game hyped, that’s how I focus on winning.

vVv Klover – Basically, my motto would be confidence, in teammates and everything. Always keep your head up when you’re playing, even if it’s not looking good. You have to be confident in the entire game if you want to win.

Honestly, how do you guys think you stack up against the rest of the Black Ops world?

vVv JuHGaNoMeTrY – I would put us as a top 8 team. If I had to choose a spot, I would put us at 7th. We have what it takes to be the best, we just have to go out there and prove we are the best. We know we are a professional team, and we are going to go out there and be professional in and outside of the game.

Who do you guys think, right now, is the best team in Black Ops for the PS3?

vVv Tempt – Leverage. They won 25k. They’re a solid team.

vVv JuHGaNoMeTrY – Everyone has their flaws, but the team with the most lan experience, and success online would have to be Leverage.

vVv P90 – Leverage is probably the best team right now. Their lan experience really stacks up.

vVv Klover – I don’t really know. It’s between USA Toasters and Leverage. I think the most dominate team right now is Leverage. They have two former players from the second best team in MW2 nationals. They have really good players, and the drive to do good at this event, in particular, for Black Ops.

What are some problems, individually, you have had in the past with your game.

vVv Tempt – The main problem I have is a problem with keeping up with my Kill to Death ratio. I go negative a lot, because I’m an objective player. I have to work on going positive.

vVv JuHGaNoMeTrY – My main problem, in this game, because I feel like I have a better shot in this game, than MW2, is I try to go at it by myself instead of with the team.

vVv P90 – In domination, I don’t like to go on flags. I try to “kill-whore” too much. I’m not good with the objectives; I try to improve on that constantly.

vVv Klover – I feel like my problem is the same P90’s. I really don’t like touching objectives. I prefer to sit-back and support as my teammates carry the flag. So, we don’t fail on the objective, and get dominated. I feel like I don’t do much, so I try to do more, and it doesn’t help me. I need to stick with my main objective.

As a team, what are some mountains you’ve had to overcome?

vVv Tempt – In my opinion, our biggest mountain to over come, is the community really attacking us because of a teammate that was on our team previously. We have to prove we have good sportsmanship.

vVv JuHGaNoMeTrY – I think the biggest mountain we’ve had to overcome was, basically, people looking at this team differently because of players previously on this team. We are trying to get past that, and make a true name for ourselves, and the current team.

vVv P90 – When we first were a team, our domination game was not very good. We had to overcome the fact we weren’t as good at domination as other teams.

vVv Klover – With the previous team, before we picked up Juggy, we weren’t looked at, as much, as a professional team. We were trash talked, and downed by other gamers because of a player on our team. So, when we picked up Juggy, we had to prove and overcome the past reputation.

From the beginning up until now, how have your goals as a team adapted and changed?

vVv P90 – Our goals when we were first together was to build chemistry. And now our goal is to make sure we continue getting better, and make sure we win.

Alright, so you guys are planning on attending the MLG Dallas event for Black Ops correct?

vVv Tempt – Definitely.

vVv JuHGaNoMeTrY – Of course.

vVv P90 – Reppin’ Canada.

vVv Klover – Mhm.

What is the expected outcome for your team?

vVv P90 – Top eight no doubt.

What are you guys doing to prepare for this event?

vVv Tempt – I’ve been watching game play footage.

vVv JuHGaNoMeTrY – I’ve also been watching game play footage, getting a feel for the community. I just want to get in there and see what everyone does, and try to adjust before the event.

vVv P90 – I’ve been trying out new perks.

vVv Klover – Basically, I’ve been watching footage of myself, and seeing where I messed up, and determining ways to improve.

I would like to thank each of you for taking the time to sit down with me, and letting everyone out there learn about your team. Before we depart, are there any last messages any of you would like to give? Maybe some shout outs, or advice to other players who may want to compete?

vVv Tempt – Shout outs to the vVv community, and the ps3 community. Thanks for the support.

vVv JuHGaNoMeTrY – Shout out to my dubs partner dreamcrazy.

vVv P90 – Reppin’ Canada, enough said.

vVv Klover – Shout outs to the vVv Community, and LordJerith for accepting us into the community.

Matthew "Killzmane" Spaulding:<br />
Posted Image
Agonizing: Are you passive or aggressive player
You: passive aggresive lmao
vVvHawK: LOL

#2 BooFerz

BooFerz

Active Forum Contributor

• 468 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:27 PM

Nice interview, man!
Glad to see you have a post like this already :D
The team is awesome, no question. haha.

Posted Image

You like trains? I like trains.

GT: vVv BooFerz

Xbox360

Pwnin' noobs all day every day, ya digg 'em?

#3 Killzmane

Killzmane

Active Forum Contributor

• 221 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:28 PM

Yeah, I worked hard to get it done. Gotta make a good impression :D.
Posted Image

#4 OhMyApollo

OhMyApollo

Forum Commando

• 628 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:41 PM

Good read guys! Can't wait to meet you all in Dallas!

Coach of Ability
GT: OhMyApollo Skype: InsiderApollo

Former vVv Halo Coach: 

Columbus '12: vVv Ability- 17th

#5 Relent is BANNED

Relent is BANNED

BANNED 4 LIFE

• Banned
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:02 AM

Very nice interview! Great first article for you Matt

Posted Image

#6 P90

P90

Ex vVv Member

• 33 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:27 AM

yeah reppin canada!
Team MoTivaTioN Psn - PeeNineDee

#7 TempT

TempT

I need to post more!

• 22 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:29 AM

nice man the interview wass great

#8 Chidori

Chidori

One Thousand Birds

• 1,680 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:52 AM

Goodluck at Dallas! Tear shit up on the COD scene! Show 'em how us fellow Canadians do work ;)

I'm not in competition with anybody but myself. My goal is to beat my last performance.

The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.

#9 JuHGaNoMeTrY

JuHGaNoMeTrY

Lurker

• 68 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:29 AM

Turned out great =)

Posted Image

#10 bLitzed

bLitzed

vVv LifeLine

• 75 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:54 AM

Sweet interview! Good luck and do work in Dallas dudes!

Roth ''BLITZED" Malmstrom
LifeLine
BLITZED's Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/BlitzedCF
Facebook Page:  www.facebook....131499146897478

#11 FlxsH

FlxsH

Future of eSports

• 896 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:58 AM

Good read, can't wait to compete against you guys at Dallas

Posted Image

#12 Sumer

Sumer

Active Forum Contributor

• New Forum Member
  • 359 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:14 AM

Great interview and cool guys!

#13 vVv PrEeN

vVv PrEeN

Forum Commando

• MMO
  • 674 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:51 AM

Awesome interview, can't wait to see ho you guys do in dallas

Currently PLaying                                             Looking Foward to PLaying

Starbound                                                                Elder Scrolls Online
AssAssIn's Creed IV                                                                                               
prison architect                                                           

#14 Eriaden

Eriaden

Active Forum Contributor

• 241 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:02 PM

Interesting interview. Good to have something like this to read @work.

Posted Image

#15 Nucstorm

Nucstorm

Active Forum Contributor

• 190 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:21 PM

Nice interview, hope you guys do well in Dallas

Posted Image
vVv
XBL: vVv Nucstorm
Currently Playing: CoD:BO
Posted Image

#16 Roar

Roar

• 1,033 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:03 PM

Great write-up I would have to say the thing I like the most is that fact your guys are from all over. I do have two quick questions... Does delay effect your play online? Also is this the first time you guys are meeting each other? Other than that see you in Dallas!

Edited by vVv Roar, 11 March 2011 - 02:03 PM.

Posted Image

#17 NiteyNite

NiteyNite

Based NTN

• 1,388 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:52 PM

taking Dallas or wutt

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Killzmane

Killzmane

Active Forum Contributor

• 221 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:01 PM

Thanks to everyone. Special thanks to Relent as well for helping me out when I needed it. And to the team of course for allowing me to interview them. It was good fun, and a great experience. I can now say I know this team, and am confident they can do well at Dallas.
Posted Image

#19 My Tail

My Tail

Butthurt

• Banned
  • 912 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:17 PM

Good Read =)
Posted Image Posted Image

#20 Slauney

Slauney

vVv Historian

• 1,236 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:22 PM

This is a great and well said interview and shows us the in depth dimensions of a team where its not just a "black and white" team. Great job!

One thing i dont understand is when P90 said the following things:

"I continued to play well in pubs, and eventually got messaged by this team to play."

Then:

"At the end of mw2 there was a team called four dimensions. When that died, I picked of vaz to go with me to Black Ops. During 25k we picked up Klover to play with us. When it was over, we picked up Juggy because we knew he knew the game, and how to play"

Wait, so you made the team right? because you said you got messaged to play as well. unless I misunderstood

Edited by Slauney, 11 March 2011 - 06:23 PM.

Slauney
Previous Director of Operations
Follow me on Twitter @Slauney

Xbl: vVv Slauney | Bnet: vVvSlauney.414 | LoL: SlauneyOnClouds
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive Free Shipping with your purchase of $99 or more!
Change Theme!