Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv WooTang : (21 September 2014 - 11:04 AM) Nah I don't wish to, I just going to wait it out to AW instead buying that for just a month
@  vVv sK1ppY : (21 September 2014 - 11:01 AM) u play destiny at all or ur not interested i know i see u before saying u werent but did u try it yet
@  vVv sK1ppY : (21 September 2014 - 11:01 AM) ooo what up willy
@  vVv WooTang : (21 September 2014 - 10:59 AM) Its only me and you in here
@  vVv sK1ppY : (21 September 2014 - 10:51 AM) does anyone play destiny that needs help
@  vVv sK1ppY : (21 September 2014 - 10:47 AM) 9.5 hours in total for vault of glass
@  vVv sK1ppY : (21 September 2014 - 10:45 AM) yooo what up we beat vault of glass last night and i got NO REWARD
@  vVv WooTang : (21 September 2014 - 09:38 AM) @vVv PretzL omg your white :o
@  SixSixTrample : (21 September 2014 - 08:29 AM) AHQ too stronk
@  SixSixTrample : (21 September 2014 - 08:28 AM) the throws!
@  SixSixTrample : (21 September 2014 - 08:28 AM) holy shit EDG
@  vVv Maniacal : (21 September 2014 - 08:25 AM) Hey guys, lookslike no new characters can be created on Kyrios
@  vVv Toxicity : (21 September 2014 - 07:55 AM) holy shit this archeage queue
@  vVv keykat : (21 September 2014 - 07:47 AM) sorry guys for leaving the part but i was explaining the game to a friend and didnt want to both you all
@  vVv PretzL : (21 September 2014 - 04:37 AM) Hey Everyone :)
@  vVv Plague : (21 September 2014 - 04:01 AM) come and join us if you are still on
@  vVv Plague : (21 September 2014 - 04:01 AM) all chilln in mumble
@  vVv Plague : (21 September 2014 - 04:01 AM) worlds hype hype
@  vVv Aeroglow : (21 September 2014 - 12:16 AM) Streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/aeroglow/ come watch!
@  vVv F R 0 o T x : (21 September 2014 - 12:14 AM) Derp

Photo

Setting up a stream using Xsplit

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 NGry

NGry

vVv StarCraft 2

• 267 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:57 PM

http://www.xsplit.com/

The above link is the homepage where you will need to create an account in order to download xsplit and use xsplit. Once that is done, you need to install the program.

After you have it installed, run Xsplit and watch this video to learn how to set up Xsplit to broadcast to the streaming site of your choice. It will guide you through almost every basic step to set up Xsplit.
IMPORTANT NOTE: I HIGHLY suggest raising your audio encoding to 22khz 16 bit stereo so that the sound on your stream does not sound like utter shit.(in the video below it is at 5:55 where the tab will appear to adjust the setting, the video tells u not to change anything but I recommend changing the sound)
http://www.xsplit.co...rnthebasics.php

In order to solve ANY of these issues, you should have someone that is willing to watch your stream while you are in-game(watching replay is the fastest most optimal way to test)
Some common issues that people have messaged me about when they are streaming or viewers have noticed:
-FPS Issues
Solution 1: This can be caused by multiple reasons, many of which will most likely trace back to your internet upload speed. In order to optimize this depending on your internet speed, u want to go to "tools" and then select "channels" in this tab, u want to select the channel u have it linked to and then hit "edit."

Inside here you want to change the max bitrate (most likely lowering it) so that your stream will not be choppy anymore. I suggest trying 650 bitrate at first and seeing if that solves your problem. If it does not, you will have to mess with that number until it is fine.

Solution 2: You need to adjust the Stream FPS(lower it by like 2-5) and / or adjust the resolution(this is most likely the cause) It is difficult to find out which one is the actual problem, but I suggest lowering FPS by 2-5 first and then messing with the resolution. You will have to just play with the resolutions and FPS over and over in order to find optimal settings.

-viewing experience sucks(viewers compalin it is choppy, laggy, unwatchable)
Solution 1: In almost every scenario this will relate back to the issue regarding "FPS Issues" If it is only an isolated situation(one viewer has a problem) it is most likely his crappy internet.

-sound issues
Solution 1: If the stream is saying your sound quality is low, it is most likely because you have ignored my "HIGHLY RECOMMENDED" Sound setting change at the top right before the video.

Solution 2: If the stream is saying they hear your sound repeating over the stream, it is most likely because you have the microphone turned on in the control panel under "playback" then "speakers / headphones" and then in the tab "levels". You will want to mute the microphone playback.

Another possible reason could be because you are using speakers and you need to lower the speaker settings or stop being a noob and buy headphones while you stream!

-unplayable while streaming
Solution 1: In order to solve this problem, in almost every case it will come down to your computer needs upgrading(or it cannot handle streaming) or your internet cannot support you streaming and playing SC2 at the same. If it comes down to this problem, you will need to find someone that has half decent knowledge about computer / internet hardware to tell you what the problem will be.

I suggest contacting someone in the vVv channel or whoever is on vent and ask them if they know enough about computers to help you because every case will vary from person to person with this problem due to almost no computer having the same specs.

If none of the above has helped you, or you just need more help...Contact vVvNGry.551 on vent, in-game, through a PM, or just reply to this thread. Obviously the quickest way to solve this problem is to contact me on vent so that is the preferred method.

Edited by vVv NGry, 05 March 2011 - 01:28 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Roar

Roar

• 1,033 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

Thanks NGry will be setting mine up soon!

Posted Image

#3 Rantech

Rantech

• 179 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:50 PM

Thx for the guide, i was looking for a guide like this.

My stream works, so thx again.
Posted Image

#4 captainwaffles

captainwaffles

Active Forum Contributor

• 101 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:14 PM

Thanks a lot man :D
He who thinks is able

#5 ECGxUm4dbr0

ECGxUm4dbr0

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:58 PM

I'm having the sound repeating problem. the mic. isn't the problem. what speaker settings are you talking about? EDIT: nvm i fixed it i had to lower the volume in stereo mix and mute my stream.

Edited by ECGxUm4dbr0, 16 March 2011 - 12:20 AM.

#6 Xzael

Xzael

Active Forum Contributor

• 127 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:12 PM

I am having the sound repeating issue, ive been trying to find something on google about it for 2 hours now and no luck, and i dont see anything in control panel about disabling playback and yes my mic was turned off. It's just repeating like 2 seconds of the first thing it hears when i start to stream every like 6 seconds. Any one know someone that can fix this?
Xzael

#7 Raembo

Raembo

Active Forum Contributor

• 148 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

I'm having the sound repeating problem,
Edit: I think I figured it out. thanks!

Edited by vVv Raembo, 16 April 2011 - 10:43 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Xzael

Xzael

Active Forum Contributor

• 127 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:45 PM

I'm having the sound repeating problem,
Edit: I think I figured it out. thanks!

What did you do to fix it?
Xzael

#9 Raembo

Raembo

Active Forum Contributor

• 148 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:45 PM

What did you do to fix it?

Imo, there can be 2 case why your sound is repeating
1. is when you watch your own stream while streaming from the same computer.
2. is when you have your speaker on, and got caught by your own microphone which will end up being streamed by xsplit.

and my case is because I had stream on while streaming. so I just mute my own stream or close it and it solved it.

if you have the second case, you should mute your speaker or turn off the mic. or I think using earphone will work as well.

hope this help.
Posted Image

#10 Xzael

Xzael

Active Forum Contributor

• 127 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:45 AM

Imo, there can be 2 case why your sound is repeating
1. is when you watch your own stream while streaming from the same computer.
2. is when you have your speaker on, and got caught by your own microphone which will end up being streamed by xsplit.

and my case is because I had stream on while streaming. so I just mute my own stream or close it and it solved it.

if you have the second case, you should mute your speaker or turn off the mic. or I think using earphone will work as well.

hope this help.

Ok, well i had the mic turned off and sound coming from the speakers, since i usually listen to music while i play. And i did have my own stream up while i was playing cause i just wanted to make sure everything was ok like vid and audio. So maybe its just me hearing the sound repeating thing. Id have to get someone to help me test it to see if they can hear it or not. Thxs for the tips.
Xzael

#11 captainwaffles

captainwaffles

Active Forum Contributor

• 101 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:44 AM

I'm having an audio problem on my stream, I'm using headphones (mic built in, a headset) and on the stream the only thing you can hear is my microphone... I don't know how to fix this, I've tried messing with the sound settings on windows but still no dice.
He who thinks is able

#12 captainwaffles

captainwaffles

Active Forum Contributor

• 101 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:31 AM

I'm having an audio problem on my stream, I'm using headphones (mic built in, a headset) and on the stream the only thing you can hear is my microphone... I don't know how to fix this, I've tried messing with the sound settings on windows but still no dice.

Nevermind, after hours of...I got it working.
He who thinks is able

#13 Hasuu

Hasuu

Active Forum Contributor

• 177 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:47 AM

"how to make your xsplit 400% better for multi core systems"

http://www.teamliqui...topic_id=220924
www.twitch.tv/vVvHasuu
www.twitch.tv/livevVvgaming
Twitter: @vVvHasuu
Check out my personal forum for more information on streaming, videos and more @ http://www.vvv-gamin.../903-vvv-hasuu/

#14 NGry

NGry

vVv StarCraft 2

• 267 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

Do not use the above edit that hasuu posted.

In Xsplit's most recent update, they have added above change to their encoder.
Posted Image

#15 Rantech

Rantech

• 179 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

I have a question, i've been streaming with and upload of 900kbps, whenever i stream on the livevvvgaming channel viewers get the option to switch quality,but they dont have that on my channel. Is that a "pro" feature or am i missing something?.

Pls help, thx in advance.
Posted Image

#16 EFFoRT

EFFoRT

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

thanks for the tips man

#17 mushistar

mushistar

I need to post more!