Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Twitter : (16 April 2014 - 02:32 PM) Tweet(@vvv_gaming): Meet @vVv_Spo, the captain of our #Hearthstone in his introductory interview: http://t.co/UYW0IjtEaE
@  vVv Tatsuota : (16 April 2014 - 02:25 PM) the codes are all gone but lets get the post to 2k views! http://www.vvv-gamin...ga-skin-thread/
@  vVv noc0ntrol : (16 April 2014 - 02:21 PM) Hey spo ^_
@  vVv Spo : (16 April 2014 - 02:00 PM) Cheers Rah!
@  vVv WooTang : (16 April 2014 - 01:52 PM) I need to start with the 4v4 or 2v2 qualifiers for Ghost
@  RahRah : (16 April 2014 - 01:51 PM) Congrats, Spo. Glad to see you all over at Hearthstone doing well. Enjoy the holiday and streaming!
@  vVv WooTang : (16 April 2014 - 01:50 PM) @vVv MetalFoot I just did that
@  vVv Spo : (16 April 2014 - 01:50 PM) http://hearthstone.2...u_vs_cn_master/ for participants list and info
@  vVv Spo : (16 April 2014 - 01:49 PM) also free from work due to easter etc till TUESDAY! :) probably streaming practice tomorrow, saturday is EU vs CN 2p.com qualifiers!
@  vVv Spo : (16 April 2014 - 01:48 PM) Nice to see interview is out
@  xX DyNazTy : (16 April 2014 - 01:43 PM) hello
@  vVv MetalFoot : (16 April 2014 - 01:28 PM) dont forget to sign up! http://www.umggaming.com/
@  vVv noc0ntrol : (16 April 2014 - 01:15 PM) What's up gents
@  vVv Sun Down : (16 April 2014 - 12:42 PM) for some reason on the third Spo: was written as vVv Spo:
@  vVv Sun Down : (16 April 2014 - 12:42 PM) Fixed an awkward title in it though
@  vVv Sun Down : (16 April 2014 - 12:41 PM) Great read :)
@  vVv LordJerith : (16 April 2014 - 10:22 AM) http://www.vvv-gamin...ne-captain-spo/
@  vVv WooTang : (16 April 2014 - 09:38 AM) what about you
@  vVv WooTang : (16 April 2014 - 09:35 AM) @vVv Papabear nothing much, just chillin
@  vVv Papabear : (16 April 2014 - 09:34 AM) @vVv WooTang whats up man,

Photo

Getting Gamer Gear for the Holidays!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 vVv Doomhammer

vVv Doomhammer

Board Member

• Executives
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

Posted Image

Time to Upgrade! Holiday Hardware Edition
By Sean "vVv Blazek" Emes

Happy holidays everyone! This week I figured it was as good of a time as any to talk about a very important part of what makes good players even better, their hardware! For many gamers, upgrading hardware for the purpose of improving performances often is not considered. Gamers usually upgrade their hardware only in last resort situations; but if you want to improve your game, it may be time to make the change.

Posted Image
SteelSeries 7G Keyboard

For those of us who play on the PC, we tend to believe that having a keyboard and mouse will be sufficient and generally covers all of our gaming needs. The problem arises when keys start to not function correctly causing you to miss your shots, throw grenades at incorrect times, and generally just start performing poorly. This is due to keys wearing out and not making the connections they once did. The solution? Try switching to a mechanical keyboard, such as the SteelSeries 7G. This keyboard will give you improved key response times along with lasting nearly 10 times longer than most membrane keyboards!

Posted Image
Logitech G13

While upgrading is a great way to play better, it is important to get hardware that will improve gaming FOR YOU. Sometimes, a traditional keyboard is not the right answer; in which case using a gameboard, like the Logitech G13, or a customized keyboard, such as the SteelSeries Shift, may be the right way to go. These keyboards give the player more freedom in their game of choice by allowing easier customization and arranging keys in a better fashion. While acclimating to the new layout does take time, it almost always ends in improved performance in game.

Don't worry console gamers, I haven't forgotten about you!

Competitive gaming on consoles is much more limited as controllers are fairly standardized. You could go ahead and do some custom work to your analogs to improve stiffness, however

Posted Image
FPS Freek

that's quite a learning process and some very sensitive labor. Instead, I recommend heading to KontrolFreek and get yourself some FPS Freek's! These analog attachments easily clip onto your controller, giving you around 40% increased range of motion; Meaning you can more easily make slight adjustments to your aim rather then guess firing shots ahead of your target.

As a special holiday treat, head on over to vVv Gaming and check out our holiday promotions! You can get discounts on SteelSeries gear and enter into our KontrolFreek Christmas Contest!

So what are you waiting for?! Stop getting pwned and go upgrade your equipment!

Jordan "Doomhammer" Kahn
Doomhammer@vvv-gaming.com

Production Coordinator for Riot Games

gallery_5702_228_45546.jpg
"Because two tanks aren't twice as good as one tank. They're five times as good."
j7t9iu.png

#2 NooG

NooG

Active Forum Contributor

• 260 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:44 PM

Nice suggestions
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 PWNuOnBLACKOPS

PWNuOnBLACKOPS

Active Forum Contributor

• 146 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:04 PM

I plan on getting a pair of SteelSeries 5xb's..after new years
Posted Image

#4 OtoMan

OtoMan

I need to post more!

• 6 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:02 PM

That mechanical keyboard is awesome!

#5 Relent is BANNED

Relent is BANNED

BANNED 4 LIFE

• Banned
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:10 AM

Good stuff and nice read, Also a good headset is a must.

Posted Image

#6 Rage mT

Rage mT

Lurker

• 58 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:17 AM

Yeah, I am surprised there is no headset on the list.

#7 Manlier

Manlier

I need to post more!

• 13 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

I really need a new keyboard. I will look at the SteelSeries 7G Keyboard when I save some money :/
Posted Image

#8 EulOgy

EulOgy

Active Forum Contributor

• 178 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:30 PM

A good headset is a must? whats wrong with my 20 dollar walmart special :P
Posted Image

#9 Kirikou Rung

Kirikou Rung

Ex vVv Member

• 612 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:40 PM

The keyboard looks beast and i must get my hands on enough money to buy those headphones from the website; good read too.
Posted Image

#10 Killzmane

Killzmane

Active Forum Contributor

• 221 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:16 PM

I really like the gaming pad. The Logitech G13 that is. I currently have a Belkin n52te, but there aren't enough keys on it to support everything in Starcraft 2. I might look at getting that one. On top of that, I have a regular HP desktop keyboard and it's awfully. I might try and get that 7G keyboard. I could use something a bit better. I need a new headset too honestly. I need to start saving up haha.
Matthew "Killzmane" Spaulding:<br />
Posted Image
Agonizing: Are you passive or aggressive player
You: passive aggresive lmao
vVvHawK: LOL

#11 MaBleek

MaBleek

Active Forum Contributor

• 150 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:31 AM

I really want to see how the steelseries headsets are. I've been hearing a lot about them.

GT: bLeeKNaSty

Twitter: @BleekProduction

YouTube: BleekInaBox

#12 Extorsions

Extorsions

Lurker

• 65 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

true that. You can be a good player but without the right equipment that suits you, your game style, etc... you are missing the most out of your gameing career

#13 telecom

telecom

I need to post more!

• 48 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:54 PM

I wish I had a new keyboard.... T_T
Hi i'm telecom

#14 Respect

Respect

Lurker

• 87 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

Nice, i'll order some ^_^
" Those Seconds where it really counts. I'm that player that when its crunch time..I step up. I'm that guy that shines and rises to the occasion and gets the win because i Play Smart , to dominate, and try without flaws. Play for fun, Play to win, Play to rise above others.
I Am A Gamer.. -Punisht ( Me )
Follow Me
https://twitter.com/#!/Jee_Hco
Posted Image

#15 IBeTrippy

IBeTrippy

Active Forum Contributor

• 108 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:05 AM

Im thinkin steelseries or astro headset...not sure yet

GT: xiM TriPPy

Posted Image

^Check my APP, I'D APPRECIATE it ALOT^

http://www.vvv-gamin...py-vvv-app-mw3/

#16 vVv Blazek

vVv Blazek

Columnist / MMO Guru

• MMO
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

Im thinkin steelseries or astro headset...not sure yet

I think it is different for everyone, but I have had my Steelseries Siberia V2's for 2 years now, which is pretty good for me and hardware :P I have been having some issues lately, but I am just now replacing them with a new pair (the Black and gold) of V2's.

PSN: Fayt87 GT: vVv Blazek Steam: vVv Blazek

Currently Playing: FFXIV - Warrior, WoW - Monk

#17 Choppa

Choppa

I need to post more!

• 19 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:10 AM

i wouldnt mind some steelseries. ive had all types of headsets. Astros, turtlebeaches, trittons, but havent used the Steels. are they really great great lol?

#18 mushistar

mushistar

I need to post more!

• 47 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:16 AM

Gah! i always seem to find all of these dont work for me, the razer lycosa and impertator work best for my hands.
Posted Image

#19 LeoN

LeoN

I need to post more!

• 25 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

I cant wait till i get my 7xbs ! Wireless>

-vVv Gaming SuR-

VELM

#20 Ragez

Ragez

Active Forum Contributor

• 142 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:24 PM

Yeah, I am surprised there is no headset on the list.

yeah im surprised too man but the keyboard! i need one:)

vVv Applica–łt

Posted Image

Gt: Firelinez/ Ragez Yt: shadeznotgone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.
Change Theme!