Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Deadaim : (20 April 2014 - 10:40 AM) so i made a very basic overlay for my twitch check it out http://www.twitch.tv/deadaim_ii
@  vVv Axios : (20 April 2014 - 10:19 AM) Umg Niagara
@  vVv noc0ntrol : (20 April 2014 - 09:45 AM) http://wiki.teamliqu...U_vs_CN_Masters 2 matches until kaldi secures his spot in EU vs CN masters
@  vVv WooTang : (20 April 2014 - 09:32 AM) anyone here graphics?
@  vVv WooTang : (20 April 2014 - 09:31 AM) @vVv Optimize don't know yet, I think that Sugarbear will tell us.
@  vVv Optimize : (20 April 2014 - 09:29 AM) When's the next CoD event?
@  vVv WooTang : (20 April 2014 - 09:29 AM) @vVv FireWater so am I, been waiting awhile for it to come back
@  vVv WooTang : (20 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) @vVv PretzL still got anymore
@  vVv FireWater : (20 April 2014 - 09:24 AM) I'm excited that vVv COD is bacjk
@  vVv PretzL : (20 April 2014 - 06:29 AM) yes you may;)
@  vVv Jackal : (20 April 2014 - 05:22 AM) PretzL can i get one ? ^_^
@  vVv PretzL : (20 April 2014 - 05:01 AM) I have 30 NOSGOTH Beta Keys if anyone wants any :)
@  Aeroglow : (20 April 2014 - 04:57 AM) anyone heard of Among the Sleep?
@  cubed : (20 April 2014 - 01:49 AM)
@  DragonTKD : (19 April 2014 - 11:06 PM) Howdy vVv members is there anyone online right now on xbox that i can speak to about vVv
@  vVv MetalFoot : (19 April 2014 - 11:06 PM) come join the fun http://www.twitch.tv/xxmetalfootxx
@  vVv MetalFoot : (19 April 2014 - 10:49 PM) #TipsySwag
@  vVv WooTang : (19 April 2014 - 10:07 PM) @vVv NaturaL yeah I got @ntoX eVo here to
@  vVv NaturaL : (19 April 2014 - 09:59 PM) @vVv WooTang @Deadaim you guys wanna play with me and tech?
@  vVv WooTang : (19 April 2014 - 09:40 PM) @Deadaim send me an invite

Photo

Quick Steelseries Spectrum 5XB Review

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Papabear`

Papabear`

I need to post more!

• 47 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

Dam I have a paid of Astros but I want these now :( I tnk next paycheck ima buy them

#22 vVv michs09

vVv michs09

vVv FIFA

• Sports Games
  • 684 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:13 PM

Awesome article, only thing i could suggest is a link to the product on steeelseries' website

added!! :)
Michael "michs09" LaBelle
Professional Gamer
Youtube Facebook Twitter

Contact Email: michs09usa@gmail.com
XBL: vVv michs09 PSN: michs09

Posted Image

#23 vVv LordJerith

vVv LordJerith

Owner

• Executives
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:14 PM

Thanks! Wirless headsets are on their way, stay tuned!
LordJerith
Director of People, Riot Games
Owner, vVv Gaming
Entertain.Educate.Dominate

Follow me on Twitter @LordJerith

#24 Relent is BANNED

Relent is BANNED

BANNED 4 LIFE

• Banned
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:54 AM

To be honest I think wired is always best. I only use wired controllers and would always use a wired headset. I hate batteries and all the interference that could happen and at LANs you usually have to have wired stuff anyway.

Posted Image

#25 Sibylic

Sibylic

Active Forum Contributor

• 119 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:44 PM

very nice, i'm getting me 5xb's soon, and when the 7xb's come out, i might get them, after a while

#26 vVv Buzz

vVv Buzz

too much swagg for a member title

• Graphic Designer
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:42 PM

I recently picked up a pair of the SteelSeries Spectrum 5xb's. They are by far the best headset I have owned to date. The headset offers a lot of features that no other headset has to offer. These features include but are not limited to; The braided wires, retractable mic, sound quality, and dis-assembly.

Sound
Overall the headset offers great sound quality compared to the Turtle Beach x1 and x4 headsets. The sound is picked up clearly and can be told what can also be easily figured out which direction the noise is coming from. I love the sound features the headset, it may lack the feature of 5.1 surround sound but the quality of the speakers defiantly make up for it. The Turtle Beach x4 includes this feature but because of it is only on the wireless headset it commonly has issues with being used at lans, signal interference, and sounds may often be dropped. where the SteelSeries is a wired headset does not face these issues

Universal Features

The headset offers great features to be used on various platforms other than the Xbox 360. The head can easily be used on the PC, an iPOD and any device that offers a head phone jack or the red and white audio composite cables. Unlike the Turtle Beach x1 the headset does not require a a usb outlet to operate the headset unless you are using them on an Xbox360 and the Turtle Beach x4 which requires you to have an electrical socket to operate the wireless transmitter.

Spoiler

Durability

The Steelseries spectrum 5Xb offeres a wide range of features to make their headset last, My favorite would have to be the wiring because they made sure to use nice thick wiring to ensure that it keeps a solid connection and will not easily wear out. The headset even offers a special feature on the main wire where it is reinforced with a braided outside to keep the wires from damage. This is one of my favorite features since I often find my self throwing my headset down and the wire may often get caught onto something while I am walking away.

Storage

The Steelseries offers an excelent storage feature where it can be dis assembled into 3 pieces and put away where as Turtle Beach headsets have many things that will hold you back from wanting to put them away such as annoying wires and on their wireless headsets, they are a hassle because the tower is always out and the headset is rather large and often left somewhere out in the open where it can easily be damaged.

Spoiler

Retractable vs. Detachable mic

I love the retractable mic because on other headsets the mic always stood out and made me want to limit my use with them on other devices or platforms, the retractable mic allows me to simply hide the mic within the headset and not feel weird using it in public with an ipod or similar devices. The Turtle Beach x4 offers a feature where the mic can be detached from the headset. But there were countless times where I lost the mic.

Spoiler

Overall I highly Recommend the headset to anyone looking to buy a new headset because of its great quality and universal usage.

Edited by vVv LordJerith, 03 February 2011 - 05:05 PM.

ssbuzz.png

#27 FEROClTY

FEROClTY

Active Forum Contributor

• 102 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:00 PM

Looks great! I think I'm going to buy me a pair of these, how much does the vVv discount make the final price?

Posted Image

RecKLe5s | LurK | KayDaH | Saint

"Gone but never forgotten"

#28 NooG

NooG

Active Forum Contributor

• 260 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:02 PM

i liked the second pic where the steelseries was detached and no wires were spewn about and the turtle beaches had wires everywhere.lol
Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 vVv LordJerith

vVv LordJerith

Owner

• Executives
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:04 PM

very informative. Thanks.
LordJerith
Director of People, Riot Games
Owner, vVv Gaming
Entertain.Educate.Dominate

Follow me on Twitter @LordJerith

#30 Papabear`

Papabear`

I need to post more!

• 47 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:54 PM

Very nice review good job I still have to purchase my steel series

#31 fuel2thafire99

fuel2thafire99

I need to post more!

• 44 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:28 AM

nice article want these

#32 MLG_ShocKeR

MLG_ShocKeR

Active Forum Contributor

• 167 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:55 PM

Nice, some of my friends need headsets and i'll definitely recommend these to them. MLG Astro A40's are a little bit to much for them and that's what I currently use so price wise this will be great for them.
Click here, or you die.
GT - ShocKeeeZY

Posted Image

#33 SherPleX

SherPleX

Active Forum Contributor

• 103 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:01 PM

i hate astros. they are shit.

My Application

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oka7kDpbqxQ

#34 vVv michs09

vVv michs09

vVv FIFA

• Sports Games
  • 684 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:35 PM

hahahaha I don't think you can go wrong with SS when it comes to gaming headsets
Michael "michs09" LaBelle
Professional Gamer
Youtube Facebook Twitter

Contact Email: michs09usa@gmail.com
XBL: vVv michs09 PSN: michs09

Posted Image

#35 Hawkeyez

Hawkeyez

Active Forum Contributor

• 113 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:44 PM

Yeah, I too have to go wired. These are awesome, and I'm looking into buying a headset! I'll e sure to check these out!
Posted Image

#36 vVv DarkDante

vVv DarkDante

GW2 Officer

• MMO
  • 377 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:25 PM

What about the overall weight of the headsets? I am interested it getting a pair, but don't want some bulky / heavy paper weight on my head. Nor am I interested in headaches after a few hours of gaming due to the headsets I choose.

-DD

gallery_16108_877_15829.jpg

#37 Kirikou Rung

Kirikou Rung

Ex vVv Member

• 612 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:49 AM

Good read. It was really informative and it reminded me to buy my pair of headsets >.<
Posted Image

#38 -ZeRo- Brawl

-ZeRo- Brawl

vVv Historian

• 1,308 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:54 PM

Great review. I'm thinking in getting this Headset.

Edited by -ZeRo-, 17 March 2011 - 05:55 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#39 Ghostly

Ghostly

Active Forum Contributor

• 128 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

Nice review i'm deff considering on not getting astro's now and switching to a steelseries headset
Posted Image

#40 Anex

Anex

Lurker

• 50 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:06 PM

I watched the demonstration of these and I thought they were so cool! Unfortunately I already have Astro a40's.

GT: Anex SR -- Follow me on Twitter: @AnexSR
Posted Image
www.vvv-gaming.com -- www.steelmx.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive Free Shipping with your purchase of $99 or more!
Change Theme!