Receive Free Shipping with your purchase of $99 or more!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:19 PM) so stamp+memory ink=logo item
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:18 PM) you get a stamp that you can customize only once. Then buy memory ink to craft the item that you use to place the logo
@  vVv Jackal : (24 April 2014 - 01:17 PM) @ vVv Pherzghul so its like multi use ?
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:16 PM) the item you use to place the stamp is also tradeable, so you can make the logo for anyone else that needs it
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:16 PM) @vVv Jackal you can put the logo on a boat's sail too ;]
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:15 PM) @vVv Jackal Trion is having a stream tonight, they will show off the gliders and then probably announce the packs
@  vVv Jackal : (24 April 2014 - 01:15 PM) @ vVv Pherzghul Gonna be running arround with a cloak and a vVv Logo on the back :P
@  vVv Jackal : (24 April 2014 - 01:14 PM) @ vVv Pherzghul So u 100% sure its coming out today ? So i don't too overexcited :D
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:14 PM) @vVv Jackal :o
@  vVv Jackal : (24 April 2014 - 01:12 PM) @ vVv Pherzghul Hm... I might actually get it :P
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:07 PM) @vVv Jackal here's the screenshot of an article that got taken down http://imagizer.imag...1/3092/b3h8.jpg
@  vVv Jackal : (24 April 2014 - 01:06 PM) btw but was included in that pack ? only the access to beta ?>
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 01:05 PM) @vVv Jackal lol no, just saying there's an option if you have the money
@  vVv Jackal : (24 April 2014 - 01:03 PM) @ vVv Pherzghul haha.. very funny.. u wanna sponsor it :P
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 12:59 PM) @vVv Jackal founder packs will be going out today. You can get alpha access for $150 >.>
@  vVv Jackal : (24 April 2014 - 12:57 PM) I Want To PLAY AA ! :dash2:
@  Shorlong : (24 April 2014 - 12:49 PM) Smite CGN tonight, I'm excited! Who all will be there?!
@  vVv Pherzghul : (24 April 2014 - 12:36 PM) @vVv Tatsuota I'll try to get you an invite to the guild we're all mostly in when I get home today.
@  Fenixsniper : (24 April 2014 - 12:11 PM) He just means he's doing well in ranked atm
@  vVv Tatsuota : (24 April 2014 - 12:04 PM) If anyone plays Archeage and has a guild on the west side feel free to invite me to it Tatsuota is my name

Photo

Quick Steelseries Spectrum 5XB Review

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 ForBoston

ForBoston

Active Forum Contributor

• 116 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:40 PM

Posted Image

So I picked up the Steelseries Spectrum 5XB off Steelseries's website for 90 USD. I used a coupon code I found here for 10% off to :D There's a lot of reviews out there from big name reviewers but I'd like to make a quick one from an actual consumer. I've had these for about 3 weeks now and I love them, so i'll get to the pros and cons.

Pros

� Very, Very comfortable ear cushions.
� Durable, braided cable is a nice add and the adjustable part bends without breaking well.
� Adjusts well to all head sizes
� Amazing sound quality
� Easy access mute functions
� Separate game volume and chat volume controls easily accessible

Cons

� Microphone quality isn't amazing
� Livemix feature, frankly, sucks

All in all, this is a very great headset for the money. I've never personally used Astro A40's but I've spoken with people who have and they claim the 5XB rivals them. As far as the cons go, the microphone sometimes bugs out and makes my voice sound real quiet and choppy. It's enough for my teammates to tell me to fix my mic but it doesn't happen all the time. The Livemix feature is a really good idea but it gets pretty annoying. If a teammate breathes into his mic just a bit it lowers the game volume very low for longer than necessary. What could have been done was to lower game volume based on how loud your teammates/party members are talking on some sort of scale, not just lower the game volume to a certain point everytime someones mic opens up. This isn't a big deal though because you can easily turn the livemix off. These flaws are too petty to hinder the greatness of the headset and if you are in search of a new one, I would recommend to anyone trying this one out.

Final Rating: 9/10

Thanks for reading :D
Check out my SteelSeries Spectrum 5XB Review here!

Currently playing: NHL 11, anyone else?

#2 Voison

Voison

Team Legacy [TL]

• 3,557 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:27 PM

Great review!!

Kenny "Voison" Gordon
Twitter: @TL_Voison

#3 ForBoston

ForBoston

Active Forum Contributor

• 116 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:52 PM

Great review!!

woowoo :D
Check out my SteelSeries Spectrum 5XB Review here!

Currently playing: NHL 11, anyone else?

#4 andpg09

andpg09

Active Forum Contributor

• 633 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:03 PM

i need these :o

Turn ma swag oooooooooooooonnnnnnn

#5 Akbulut

Akbulut

Active Forum Contributor

• 329 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

Nice mini-review! Definitely want to get myself a pair of these...

#6 The Turtle

The Turtle

That Turtle Kid

• 1,782 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:29 PM

Great review! I definatly want a pair!
XBL: The Sly Turtle
Halo 4 and Black Ops II Player

#7 Vhex

Vhex

Lurker

• 79 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:54 AM

Seems to me like a pretty balenced review NJ. I like to know both the cons and the pros before I buy something. I can tell on this product that the price matches very well with the quality. Thanks for the review Duder GL on your application.

#8 Shluu

Shluu

Banned

• Banned
  • 763 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:14 AM

Great way to add value dude ! Great review i have a pair and i think the same thing. I dont even bother using the live mix i just use it as a mini amp with the live mis function on the back switched off.

#9 PWNuOnBLACKOPS

PWNuOnBLACKOPS

Active Forum Contributor

• 146 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:18 PM

Thanks for the review, I'm getting a pair of these after new years
Posted Image

#10 vVv Havik

vVv Havik

Rage Artist

• Call of Duty
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:49 PM

After owning a pair of Spectrum 5XBs for alittle under a month now, I feel Ive had enough time to truely give my review for this headset.

Earpieces The earpieces for this headset are extremely comfortable, made of cloth (not some crappy leather material like TBs) and fit around my ears easily. They do not rub against my ears and cause them to become irratated after a couple hours of gameplay which allows me to play and use them longer. The earpieces reduce any background noise significantly which helps prevent being distracted when trying to focus on in game sounds while playing.

Audio Quality The audio quality for this headset is excellent, by far the best quality from any headset Ive used to date. This headset if definitely a good choice to have when is comes to casual or competitive gaming. When I first used the headset it was kinda difficult to tell where the sound was coming from exactly but it didnt take long for me to adjust to the headset and being playing better.

Microphone The microphone voice output is great. Everyone can hear me very well and never complains that they cant hear me in the game. The microphone is pretty sensitive though but that isnt any major issue. The addition of the mic being retractable in and out of the headset helps ensure that it will not break.

AudioMixer This is the only major issue Ive had with this headset. The mixer doesnt form to the xbox 360 controller that well and can get annoying very quick. Due to the fact that is doesnt form to the controller when you plug the headset into it, you get this constant humming noise which get very annonying. It also produces the humming nosie through the mic every now and then and people that you are in a party with or in a game with cant hear it, and they will NOT like it.

Misc The ability to separate the headset into three pieces is a little but nice addition to the headset. You no longer have to worry about your headset breaking in your bag whenever you go places due to the bag being tossed around or getting crush by anything else you are carrying in the bag. The LiveMix feature on the AudioMixer is another nice addition. You are able to turn this feature on or off at anytime you choose. However, when its turned on the in game noise gets dropped way to low when someone talks. If someone on your team or in your party has a sensitive mic, whenever it goes off the LiveMix drops the game sound so you can hear them, which can be a problem when all they are doing is breathing into the mic.

Overall I strongly reccomend to anyone looking to get a headset to save thier money for this headset. This is an all-round excellent headset. Rating: 9 out of 10.
Posted Image
Follow me on twitter!

Diablo 3 Username: Zephyr#1282
Posted Image

#11 My Tail

My Tail

Butthurt

• Banned
  • 912 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:27 PM

I have a pair too i got em for christmas, they're so awesome and comfortable, however thanks to my luck i had to buy a new splitter to make them compatable with my astro mixamp, I think adding one of those splitters to the product would be awesome but then again, what would it have use for lol...
Posted Image Posted Image

#12 vVv Paradise

vVv Paradise

VIP

• Honorary Member
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:31 PM

Awesome review! I tried on a pair at MLG DC and they were very comfortable.
Jason "Paradise" Kuntz
Community Manager,
Duel of Champions
Ubisoft Entertainment
Follow me on Twitter: @vVvParadise
Friend me of Facebook: /vVvParadise

#13 Trecks

Trecks

• 719 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

I might have to try them. o.O

Posted Image

vVv Applicant

Twitter: www.twitter.com/treckz

Xbox Alias: Guy Trecks

#14 Licked

Licked

Active Forum Contributor

• 191 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:55 AM

I think i might wanna buy myself a pair :o

#15 ScarreD

ScarreD

Active Forum Contributor

• 177 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

I was going to get a pair but i think i should wait til my astros fall apart first. haha
Posted Image
Posted Image
Get it straight, Drive it sideways.

#16 Ken

Ken

Lurker

• 70 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:04 AM

ive been longing for steelseries headset in awhile, cant wait
Posted Image

#17 vVv michs09

vVv michs09

vVv FIFA

• Sports Games
  • 684 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

SteelSeries Spectrum 5XB

Innovation at its Finest

If you haven’t heard or just don’t know yet “SteelSeries” is one of the largest suppliers of high end gaming accessories. For many gamers across the world a top end headset, mouse, or keyboard could be the difference between taking your game to the next level!

----->The Spectrum 5XB is the first Xbox compatible headset produced by SteelSeries <-----

Product Info + Feature

The Spectrums offer amazing comfort with larger ear cushions that allow gamers to put in session upon session without any irritation or pain. Yes that’s right I said “PAIN” there have been multiple headsets before I made the switch to SteelSeries that would cause extreme discomfort and ruin my gaming experience. If your main focus in gaming revolves around “shooters” then having an exceptional headset is mandatory for sniffing out clever opponents and pin pointing location quickly. A SteelSeries trademark with nearly all of their headsets is the retractable microphone which enables easy traveling while protecting an important portion of the product.

Style

These bad boys are attention grabbers, and definitely in the RIGHT way. It’s a sure thing to send a message at LAN events that you mean business and plan on taking home a check. The Spectrums are your ALL-IN-ONE headset… (Compatible with the Xbox, PC, Subs, Ipod, etc…)

Cons

It’s too bad the Spectrums are a wired headset, I have plenty of cords around the TV and would have loved to see this product come wireless!

Price: $89.99

The price is actually on the cheap side in comparison to high end headsets on the market especially ones that offer all the features and compatibility of the Spectrums.

Bottom Line

Does SteelSeries ever put out mediocre products? NO!! This isn’t any different they have followed suit and constructed a durable yet light headset with premium sound quality at an affordable price.
What more can a gamer ask for?

I would like to thank vVv Gaming for supplying the Spectrums and allowing players across the nation to come together either as community members, professional gamers, or even just visitors.

Link ---> http://steelseries.c...es-spectrum-5xb

6.jpg

Edited by vVv michs09, 29 January 2011 - 07:12 PM.

Michael "michs09" LaBelle
Professional Gamer
Youtube Facebook Twitter

Contact Email: michs09usa@gmail.com
XBL: vVv michs09 PSN: michs09

Posted Image

#18 Shluu

Shluu

Banned

• Banned
  • 763 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:51 PM

Excellent Article. Nice work Michs, i have a pair and i love them, hands down the best Headset SS have made imo.

#19 My Tail

My Tail

Butthurt

• Banned
  • 912 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:08 PM

Awesome article, I love mine, so comfyyyyyyyy =)
Posted Image Posted Image

#20 vVv PrEeN

vVv PrEeN

Forum Commando

• MMO
  • 674 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:20 AM

Awesome article, only thing i could suggest is a link to the product on steeelseries' website

Currently PLaying                                             Looking Foward to PLaying

Starbound                                                                Elder Scrolls Online
AssAssIn's Creed IV                                                                                               
prison architect                                                           

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.
Change Theme!