Receive Free Shipping with your purchase of $99 or more!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Perilous : (18 April 2014 - 04:07 PM) diablo 3 timmmmmmme
@  vVv Tatsuota : (18 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holding a 1v1 Guan Yu tournament on monday check it out here http://dd.reddit.com...kin_tournament/
@  vVv MetalFoot : (18 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) i feel that man, last week i did 79 hours in 7 days
@  vVv Buzz : (18 April 2014 - 03:58 PM) been pushing 7 work day weeks
@  vVv Buzz : (18 April 2014 - 03:58 PM) yeah right I havent had a day off in like 3 and a half weeks
@  vVv MetalFoot : (18 April 2014 - 03:56 PM) lucky you
@  vVv Buzz : (18 April 2014 - 03:56 PM) for one of my jobs
@  vVv Buzz : (18 April 2014 - 03:55 PM) yeah i was supposed to have a 16 hr day today but i called in for my first shift and said ill do the work later
@  vVv MetalFoot : (18 April 2014 - 03:54 PM) same here man, im pulling another 12
@  vVv Buzz : (18 April 2014 - 03:52 PM) I really dont wanna go to work today...
@  vVv MetalFoot : (18 April 2014 - 03:50 PM) :P
@  vVv Buzz : (18 April 2014 - 03:49 PM) hi
@  vVv MetalFoot : (18 April 2014 - 03:46 PM) buzzyyyy wuuuzzzyyy had to hair, buzzzyyyy wuzzzyyy was a short little beat
@  vVv Buzz : (18 April 2014 - 03:45 PM) sup
@  vVv MetalFoot : (18 April 2014 - 03:41 PM) <3
@  vVv Zodyak : (18 April 2014 - 03:40 PM) vall shh
@  vVv Vall : (18 April 2014 - 03:39 PM) no way
@  vVv Realize : (18 April 2014 - 02:43 PM) Im a god at LoL
@  vVv Tatsuota : (18 April 2014 - 02:30 PM) casting 1v1 tournaments for a skin code over on my twitch channel for Smite http://www.twitch.tv/tatsuota
@  vVv ORION : (18 April 2014 - 02:22 PM) its Titan time!

Photo

REVIEW: Steelseries Merc Stealth Keyboard

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Voison

Voison

Team Legacy [TL]

• 3,550 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:57 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Steelseries Merc Stealth Keyboard

Calling all PC gamers, yes I said all!! This keyboard I perfect for you... Why? One word.. Steelseries.

So now go buy it, already has a name you trust and love.. But if your still not ready to buy it.. read on.. I'll tell you why you should buy it, and I won't use big pointless words either no worries Posted Image

Click down there for a small 45 second video of the colors changing :D

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v133/keng2001/?action=view&current=VID_20110816_144734.mp4

Posted Image
vVv Gallery Pics of My keyboard!!

Lets start with the basics first, Look at the Pictures above these words. Take a few seconds and keep looking.. Ya thats right.. thats the REAL keyboard.. it lights up!!! OOOHH SHINNY! But wait, not just one color, not just two colors.. but THREE (3) different colors, or off but thats boring. But wait it gets better.. it has 3 different settings light settings so its not to light or to dark. Just think of the good things that can come with this.. Late night gaming with no lights on... ("Son are you in Bed?" "Yes Mom I am, My lights off.. No way I could see in the dark" *click click* HEADSHOT!) Or you could be like Exon and fap at night.. Now lets talk about colors... Blue, Red, and Purpleish Pink. I like blue because it matches the glow from my computer, but most people like the Red (look at the pictures above to check out the colors in action!)

lets talk buttons, and no I won't push your buttons till you nerdrage.. this time lol.. There are Lots and lots of buttons on this keyboard, but they aren't confusing. Most of them are labeled, "Jump, Duck, Walk, etc" But wait... those words don't come with a normal keyboard... O wait that means.... YES!! ZBoard!! It has a build in Zboard on the left hand side (also be found in the pictures above) Its pretty usefull. Most games are updated and set up already, some games aren't but hey.. thats why there are updates. On this Zboard we have, Up,down,left,right, strafe left and right, jump, duck, walk, and buttons you can hot key (11). Some people might think, why would I need those buttons.. Well are you a FPS or a MMO or any other gamer who has to push buttons? Saves time from moving the mouse from one spell to another or from having to slide across the screen to switch guns, thats could cost you a match or just the laughing stock of the game because the new guy beat you while you were standing still switching weapons or trying to remember that page the spell was on. And yes, it has an sweet glow effect also..

But thats not all!! If you read in the next 10 mins of me typing this I'll even throw in some more info on the buttons.. (Don't you hate TV Commercials like that?) But anyway.. Lets talk Media.. Who likes music? No this isn't a trick question.. the answer is EVERYONE. Guess what this keyboard has.. MEDIA BUTTONS!! yes thats buttons like, Play, stop, next, backwards, mute etc. They can even be used with iTunes... (But iTunes has to be open and be the main window, maybe Windows media player will work, I only use iTunes) But the mute button works anywhere.. Its a nice feature if some little 9 year old is screaming in the microphone and your playing a full scream game getting shot at. Yes I know a lot of Keyboards have this, but this is just one of MANY cool features this keyboard has to offer.. like.. USB SLOTS!!!

"My computer is better, it has 6 USB slots.. So Mine has 12!!... My keyboard has two.. Wait What?! Posted Image "
Yes the front of this keyboard has two slots for USB.. I'm not sure if they are 3.0 or 2.0 but I know they are at least 2.0, and they work with everything. iPods, Xbox Controllers.. and and guess what.. You only need one cable for this keyboard to work, well besides the Headphones & Microphone Jack (But thats later in this review). So think about it.. you have ALOT of things that need USB, iPods, Phones, Controllers, Cameras, etc. So this gives you a +2 on the normal kids who have 6..

Now lets talk about headphones and microphones.. "whats the best headset brand in the world?" (I hope you said Steelseries...) If you said steelseries you win.. and if you didn't.. I'm sorry your stuck with junk Posted Image
But back on topic.. The front of the keyboard has a slot for a Headphone jack and a Microphone jack.. You be asking.. (How does this work?) well its simple.. near the keyboard cable there is also a headphone cable and a microphone cable.. put those into the back/front of the keyboard.. Now just slide your headset into the jacks on the front of the computer.. GOOD TO DO! and now.. to take them out.. slid them out from the front of the keyboard.. Quick, easy, and you don't have to crawl behind your computer looking for the cables then pull them out and then have to plug them back in.. and the sound quality is amazing is amazing.. Just make sure you have a Steelseries Siberia V2 headset plugged in.. Why? because they are the best.. but don't worry.. any headset will plug into the jacks on the front of the keyboard.. just try and work on getting a good headset lol..

Now I know this review was pretty boring and you don't want to read anymore... so guess what... Lets talk about Quality!!

Its a Ffffing Tank!! I've dropped this the first day I got it... I screamed like a little girl, but then stopped and started to think.. This is a Steelseries product.. its not going to break that easily.. So I picked it up and looked around to make sure no one saw me scream and hooked up and here I am today.. typing away.. But wait.. I've spilled Soda and yes... Rum on this bad boy and shes still clicking away and still looks brand new.. She also feels brand new too.. The texture of the keys is amazing too.. Doesn't slip right off but your not you can slide your fingers across the keys if your in a sticky situation. O and just in case I forgot.. the Lights on the keyboard are still shining so bright.. kind of blinding... "BLINDED BY THE LIGHT!!!!" (good song).. The speed between each key click is just amazing, I don't know the scientific speed at the top of my head, but there is no lag at all. Its so quick and instant, its just amazing!! So yes I would recommend this keyboard Keyboard to anyone.. Casual gamer, Competitive Keyboard, Casual Computer user who wants a sweet keyboard to look cool.. or even my Grandma!!

So go out and buy this beast of a keyboard..

This product can be found at..

http://www.steelseries.com
http://www.newegg.com
http://www.amazon.com
http://www.ebay.com

Make sure you look up the (Steelseries Merc Stealth Keyboard !!, the Steelseries Merc keyboard doesn't light up)

Edited by vVv Asylum, 15 November 2011 - 08:58 PM.

Kenny "Voison" Gordon
Twitter: @TL_Voison

#2 Shluu

Shluu

Banned

• Banned
  • 763 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:30 AM

Wow Kenny so i guess you like the keyboard then. If people dont buy this thing after that Review...there's clearly something wrong with them.

#3 Voison

Voison

Team Legacy [TL]

• 3,550 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:23 PM

Yes I do like it :D

Kenny "Voison" Gordon

#4 The Turtle

The Turtle

That Turtle Kid

• 1,782 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:17 PM

Great review kenny! Makes me want to go out and buy one right now=) If only i had the money...
XBL: The Sly Turtle
Halo 4 and Black Ops II Player

#5 Voison

Voison

Team Legacy [TL]

• 3,550 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:03 AM

Great review kenny! Makes me want to go out and buy one right now=) If only i had the money...

$80 :D

But well worth it

Kenny "Voison" Gordon

#6 vVv Brock

vVv Brock

Former vVv Vice President of Visual Media

• Honorary Member
  • 899 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

$80 is actually great! I was really expecting over $100 at the least, so this surprised me. Definitely looks sick, and great review!

#7 Voison

Voison

Team Legacy [TL]

• 3,550 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:12 PM

Thanks brock, this was my first review ever :D

Kenny "Voison" Gordon

#8 ScarreD

ScarreD

Active Forum Contributor

• 177 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:26 PM

Nice. Very long and descriptive review. Well done.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Get it straight, Drive it sideways.

#9 d_wAy

d_wAy

Active Forum Contributor

• 468 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

Awesome review, I'll definitely consider it. I'm just about ready to "accidentally" drop my lycosa out the window so I can get a mechanical keyboard -- miss my tenkeyless from broodwar
Posted Image

#10 Mower

Mower

I need to post more!

• 10 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:08 PM

I have this keyboard, i like it a lot and its very good for many games

#11 NooG

NooG

Active Forum Contributor

• 260 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:51 PM

nice.i love the lights the most
Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Mr.Frost

Mr.Frost

I need to post more!

• 20 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:53 PM

looks very cool !
GO HAM !

#13 ibgeekn4me

ibgeekn4me

StarCraft 2

• 237 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:01 PM

If only it was mechanical... Otherwise looks pretty sweet.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Hawkeyez

Hawkeyez

Active Forum Contributor

• 113 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:06 AM

Duude gotta love the shiny lights. . . blue LED ftw!
Posted Image

#15 Eoblah

Eoblah

I need to post more!

• 38 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:36 PM

I have one of these, it's the sickest
I'd recommend it to any FPS/MMORPG gamer!

#16 vVv DarkDante

vVv DarkDante

GW2 Officer

• MMO
  • 377 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:32 AM

I love gaming, but gawd 100$ for a keyboard ?!?! hell, I just dropped 150 on freaking headsets *sigh*

gallery_16108_877_15829.jpg

#17 -ZeRo- Brawl

-ZeRo- Brawl

vVv Historian

• 1,308 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:10 PM

Good review, I would love to get one of these!

Posted Image Posted Image

#18 vVv Spike

vVv Spike

The Community Troll

• League of Legends
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:19 AM

Sorry for bringing up a thread from October :P

I have this keyboard, not only does it look cool, it IS cool! :) Although I don't use the buttons to the left for FPS's, they are nice for RPG's. What I would like out of a similar keyboard if they ever come out with one is to not have the keys stick up so much, have they keys more flat with the keyboard, if you know what i'm saying. Otherwise, awesome keyboard!

"Sometimes they say JayC is a god,

but then I get MVP"

- Spike for president 2016 - 

#19 GmoneyyyClutch

GmoneyyyClutch

Lurker

• 79 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:31 PM

Yeah this is a great review on the product. I like this product a lot.
Posted Image

#20 Kirikou Rung

Kirikou Rung

Ex vVv Member

• 612 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:32 PM

dude, that is one sick keyboard. i gotta have it. Good review over all.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.
Change Theme!