Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Krewel : (28 July 2014 - 01:20 PM) Since RIFT is F2P now doesnt hurt to log in and reminisce
@  vVv Krewel : (28 July 2014 - 01:19 PM) When I logged into RIFT I had some of the paid currency and some other stuff that they sent, I even got a Unicorn mount lol
@  vVv SugarBear : (28 July 2014 - 01:17 PM) @SilverSpoon I don't think our legal system is that screwed up that they believe in jinxing yet
@  vVv SilverSpoon : (28 July 2014 - 01:14 PM) @Hinao Just make him pay your med bills
@  vVv SugarBear : (28 July 2014 - 01:09 PM) @Hinao I'm here to serve :)
@  Hinao : (28 July 2014 - 01:09 PM) @vVv SugarBear Welp now that ya jinxed me it's bound to happen
@  vVv SugarBear : (28 July 2014 - 01:03 PM) Hinao gonna work in some warehouse and catch some weird disease that delays his entering the military again
@  Hinao : (28 July 2014 - 01:02 PM) @vVv Sun Down I just need a job till jan when I go in to join the military. Places start next wee so happy i can start gettin money again
@  vVv SilverSpoon : (28 July 2014 - 01:00 PM) @vVv LordJerith Well hello Jerry =D
@  vVv Sun Down : (28 July 2014 - 12:59 PM) now that school starts in a month, everyone will hire but hates my class sechulde bc i can only work mornings
@  vVv Sun Down : (28 July 2014 - 12:58 PM) i looked for a job at the start of the summer, no one would hire
@  vVv Sun Down : (28 July 2014 - 12:58 PM) Hinao thats how it always is
@  vVv Sun Down : (28 July 2014 - 12:58 PM) hey jerry ^.^ just sent that email through
@  Hinao : (28 July 2014 - 12:58 PM) So glad places finally hiring again once college people go back to school x.x
@  vVv SugarBear : (28 July 2014 - 12:56 PM) Hey Jerry how's it going?
@  vVv LordJerith : (28 July 2014 - 12:50 PM) I do recall some good memories playing Rift, and that is what drives me to try playing Archage
@  vVv LordJerith : (28 July 2014 - 12:50 PM) This si cool: http://www.vvv-gamin...ompetitive-cod/
@  vVv SilverSpoon : (28 July 2014 - 12:48 PM) League of Angels, and now this game are both scams so please avoid them.
@  vVv SilverSpoon : (28 July 2014 - 12:48 PM) Its not a game =P But they are called a game company none the less. Its a self-given title.
@  Hinao : (28 July 2014 - 12:47 PM) @vVv SilverSpoon If you can call league of angels a game :U

Photo

Pro Gamer Tip: Stop Changing Your Gamer Tag!

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 OhMyApollo

OhMyApollo

Forum Commando

• 628 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:02 PM

SoCo Apollo... JK. lol

Well i'm hoping that it will go straight to vVv Apollo when we(Hopefully) get accepted haha :P

Coach of Ability
GT: OhMyApollo Skype: InsiderApollo

Former vVv Halo Coach: 

Columbus '12: vVv Ability- 17th

#22 Vercifyemail

Vercifyemail

I need to post more!

• I need to update my e-mail
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:21 PM

Great read.
And all of it is extremely true.
Just don't go making a name for yourself such as "1337Sn1per 1289" ;)
Posted Image

#23 herald

herald

I need to post more!

• 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

Love this article. Points are very valid.

#24 My Tail

My Tail

Butthurt

• Banned
  • 912 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

"My Tail" is completely original and been my Name for A year and a Half now =)
Posted Image Posted Image

#25 Gonzaah

Gonzaah

Active Forum Contributor

• 214 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:25 PM

Say my application is accepted and I become part of vVv, if I changed my name it would go from VVV Gonzaah to vVv Gonzaah. That, to me, seems pointless haa

#26 My Tail

My Tail

Butthurt

• Banned
  • 912 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:12 PM

Say my application is accepted and I become part of vVv, if I changed my name it would go from VVV Gonzaah to vVv Gonzaah. That, to me, seems pointless haa

Why do you have the "VVV" in your name already? (and horrilby butchered by the way...)

#27 FraGzeeemail

FraGzeeemail

Forum Commando

• I need to update my e-mail
  • 530 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:07 PM

Why do you have the "VVV" in your name already? (and horrilby butchered by the way...)

its a different clan tail lol
Posted Image

#28 I Solace I

I Solace I

Active Forum Contributor

• 130 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:05 PM

Good read! I knew a guy who literally changed it over 200 times, so he got a letter telling him to stop changing or he would be banned. It was hilarious.
Posted Image

HALO: REACH

vVv-Gaming Applicant

"Posted Image"

#29 iSunshine

iSunshine

I need to post more!

• 31 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:52 PM

Great article! My buddies have called me Sunshine (Remember the Titans) because of my hair at one point lol.
Only difference. I'm actually straight. :o
Posted Image

#30 Logic~

Logic~

Active Forum Contributor

• 47 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

i read an article that said that changing your tag could be beneficial. it was saying as players progress and make mental changes, a physical change needs to take place also. ironically enough, my tag used to be Pyronic~Star, and i changed it to logic about a year ago and my placings have incresed. a player who used to go by PGN changed his tag to Vinnie, and is now one of New Jersey/New Yorks top players. ADHD did not become arguably one of the top 3 best players in the U.S. until after losing the tag chrome pirate. these improvements weren't an instant "i changed my name now i'm good" but these are just some examples where a name change resulted in a major improvement in the end.

Edited by vVv Logic, 15 February 2011 - 10:45 PM.

#31 DodgeRs ex-vvv

DodgeRs ex-vvv

Active Forum Contributor

• 225 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:59 PM

i only changed my GT once, its hard for people to keep track of you if you do good on pubs or scrims and they say "oh so and so is good" but thats not you anymore :o

Posted Image

#32 Gonzaah

Gonzaah

Active Forum Contributor

• 214 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

I was part of Veni Vidi Vici :)

#33 -ZeRo- Brawl

-ZeRo- Brawl

vVv Historian

• 1,308 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:55 PM

Great Read.

This is one of the many of Why I'm not changing my Gamer Tag! One of them is that I love my Gamertag! (ZeRo)

Edited by -ZeRo-, 15 March 2011 - 09:55 PM.

#34 MileyCyrus

MileyCyrus

Active Forum Contributor

• 246 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:11 PM

I like to use the advice, but i made a hell of a choice with my current name. I might do a name change sometime soon to something like snapple.

#35 Soul

Soul

Active Forum Contributor

• 329 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:15 PM

its very hard trying to stick to a gamertag or alias, reason why? its like i had my M07VSTER gamertag since i was 14 well not exactly the same spelling but it was monster though.Its hard going online and playing halo or gears of war and find somebody with the same gamertag or same unique gamertag yeah i know people will have almost have almost the same idea as me but its difficult to establish a name thats unique and you can stick too cause you want it to be cool and sooner or later a household name but this is an interesting article to read
Posted Image

#36 TRod

TRod

Active Forum Contributor

• 416 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:59 PM

This makes sense why the Pros have very simple easy to remember names. Thanks 4 the advice (Y)

Call Of Duty

Posted Image

XBL: vVv TRod

PSN: vVv_TRod

@vVv_TRod

#37 MUFFINS

MUFFINS

Active Forum Contributor

• 290 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:50 PM

Cool I think I'm gonna stick with MUFFINS forever
Posted Image

#38 NYGHTLY

NYGHTLY

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:40 AM

I had to change my gamertag during Halo 3 because I don't remember who it was, but one of my friends at the time thought it would be a great Idea to send out a mass message on my tag to report my name so I could get a free name change. Sure enough people followed through and I went from Doc Nova (which was original as all get out) to iDoc Nova. Looking at the I in front of my name drove me insane so a change was needed, and NYGHTLY was born haha. No more name changes! Half of my event shirts have NYGHTLY on the back of them now haha.
Posted Image

#39 Kirikou Rung

Kirikou Rung

Ex vVv Member

• 612 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

Great read, I chose Kirikou Rung and sticking with it. :D
Posted Image

#40 Rumour (Ex vVv)

Rumour (Ex vVv)

Active Forum Contributor

• 172 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:35 AM

oh so true you gotta keep just 1 name, anyways its more fun to get known unless you're trying to not get known then yes you should change your GT as often as possible :P Good read and totally true!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.
Change Theme!