Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv Tatsuota : (16 April 2014 - 02:25 PM) the codes are all gone but lets get the post to 2k views! http://www.vvv-gamin...ga-skin-thread/
@  vVv noc0ntrol : (16 April 2014 - 02:21 PM) Hey spo ^_
@  vVv Spo : (16 April 2014 - 02:00 PM) Cheers Rah!
@  vVv WooTang : (16 April 2014 - 01:52 PM) I need to start with the 4v4 or 2v2 qualifiers for Ghost
@  RahRah : (16 April 2014 - 01:51 PM) Congrats, Spo. Glad to see you all over at Hearthstone doing well. Enjoy the holiday and streaming!
@  vVv WooTang : (16 April 2014 - 01:50 PM) @vVv MetalFoot I just did that
@  vVv Spo : (16 April 2014 - 01:50 PM) http://hearthstone.2...u_vs_cn_master/ for participants list and info
@  vVv Spo : (16 April 2014 - 01:49 PM) also free from work due to easter etc till TUESDAY! :) probably streaming practice tomorrow, saturday is EU vs CN 2p.com qualifiers!
@  vVv Spo : (16 April 2014 - 01:48 PM) Nice to see interview is out
@  xX DyNazTy : (16 April 2014 - 01:43 PM) hello
@  vVv MetalFoot : (16 April 2014 - 01:28 PM) dont forget to sign up! http://www.umggaming.com/
@  vVv noc0ntrol : (16 April 2014 - 01:15 PM) What's up gents
@  vVv Sun Down : (16 April 2014 - 12:42 PM) for some reason on the third Spo: was written as vVv Spo:
@  vVv Sun Down : (16 April 2014 - 12:42 PM) Fixed an awkward title in it though
@  vVv Sun Down : (16 April 2014 - 12:41 PM) Great read :)
@  vVv LordJerith : (16 April 2014 - 10:22 AM) http://www.vvv-gamin...ne-captain-spo/
@  vVv WooTang : (16 April 2014 - 09:38 AM) what about you
@  vVv WooTang : (16 April 2014 - 09:35 AM) @vVv Papabear nothing much, just chillin
@  vVv Papabear : (16 April 2014 - 09:34 AM) @vVv WooTang whats up man,
@  vVv WooTang : (16 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) @vVv Papabear sup

Photo

Gamer Gear: Meet the folks of SteelSeries!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Milkyy

Milkyy

vVv Historian

• 1,238 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:06 PM

Gamer Gear: Meet the folks of SteelSeries!

by Jordan "Doomhammer" Kahn"

As I make preparations for my annual pilgrimage to San Diego for Comic-Con International, the good folks of vVv Gaming have provided us with a video feature on a local company that helps make gear for competitive gamers. The company is called SteelSeries and I had the pleasure of meeting them last year, going so far as recording a video interview with some of their folks, only to lose all the video footage when my external drive bricked. Today, a great wrong is made right, ;-) :

One of the coolest things about working with an organization like vVv Gaming is the fact that
I get to be involved in all kinds of awesome events. These can be gaming tournaments, where
dozens of vVv members show up and we get to cheer and support players and teams in three or four different titles. These can be podcast recordings where four or five people, scattered across the United States (and sometimes the world!), meet on Skype and talk about various gaming news and updates. And sometimes these can be the coming together of great minds, where all I can do is sit back and watch and be impressed.

Read more after the jump!

Posted Image

vVv Gaming recently had the opportunity to visit the SteelSeries headquarters here in Chicago in order to interview the company's Chief Marketing Officer, Kim Rom, about their new upcoming Spectrum headsets and other pieces of hardware. But even after we were finished discussing the SteelSeries products the conversation continued, ranging from Kim Rom's gaming history to SteelSeries' vision of Competitive Gaming. It was clear to see that Kim and Jerry (vVv LordJerith, president and owner of vVv Gaming) had a very strong rapport together, with similar opinions on a number of subjects. While the film crew was setting up you could hear these two representatives of accomplished organizations talking like old friends about good sushi and the best restaurants in Chicago. Even with all of his travels around the world, Kim Rom admitted that since first visiting Chicago it was his favorite city in the world. A sentiment I appreciated, as I have also fallen in love with this city since moving here a few years ago.

(I want to give out a shout out to Mike Stanowski. Mike was the SteelSeries employee who helped things run smoothly for the shoot itself, setting up parking for the crew (no easy thing in downtown, as any Chicagoan knows), helping get gear lugged upstairs and assisting in a number of small ways. I later learned that before working with SteelSeries Mike had played Counter-Strike competitively. While the video speaks for itself, I was struck by the epic parallels I see between SteelSeries and vVv Gaming. A community of passionate gamers working on something larger than themselves to improve Competitive Gaming is a powerful thing!)

Here is part one of our 3-part video feature on SteelSeries!:

http://www.playwire.com/videos/27232

Ayrton "Milkyy" Lambird
Vice President of Operations
Contact me via; AIM & Mumble or via my staff E-mail.

Posted Image

Follow me on Twitter: @vVvMilkyy

[quote name='vVv Rugg']Milkayy! that's awesome stuff, personal fitness instructor eh?? niceeeee you ever get those big tittie work out chicks and you "show" them how to do a proper workout and their ass is just rubbing alll on yer cock and yer just like WHOA NOW lmaooooooooo[/quote]

[quotename='vVv Eve']Milkyy, does so much work for staff it's unreal! Milkyy is simply the best in the EU![/quote]

#2 Anex

Anex

Lurker

• 50 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:51 AM

All 3 of these articles are amazing. This guy is a true inspiration! It shows how with dedication anyone or anything can grow very well over time.

GT: Anex SR -- Follow me on Twitter: @AnexSR
Posted Image
www.vvv-gaming.com -- www.steelmx.com

#3 FlxsH

FlxsH

Future of eSports

• 896 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:25 AM

He's my new hero

Posted Image

#4 EN3RGIZE

EN3RGIZE

I need to post more!

• 25 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:37 PM

yea, i watched all 3 videos and they were amazing

#5 GmoneyyyClutch

GmoneyyyClutch

Lurker

• 79 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:06 PM

Steel Series is pretty legit. I liek all their products and if you haven't heard of them yet, then go check them out.
Posted Image

#6 Kirikou Rung

Kirikou Rung

Ex vVv Member

• 612 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:43 PM

The main thing I like about Steel Series is their headphones. I'll be able to look at the interviews later.
Posted Image

#7 CoLRR

CoLRR

Active Forum Contributor

• 190 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:05 AM

i love steelseries,wanna buy some Siberia v2's
Posted Image

#8 Resistance

Resistance

Active Forum Contributor

• 274 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:34 AM

This really shows that Steelseries the first true to death to their fans. It really is an inspiration to see someone so committed to what the fans want and what is right for the company!

#9 Xelencity

Xelencity

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

All three videos were awesome :-) nice work.

#10 Stratisfied

Stratisfied

Lurker

• 81 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

These videos were really awesome to watch because i have heard a lot about Steelseries, but I didn't really know what they were all about. It is really awesome to see a former competetive gamer still working in the gaming industry and with such an impressive company

#11 Corrupt

Corrupt

Active Forum Contributor

• 220 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:39 PM

Can't wait for the new siberia ps3 to come out!

Twitter @ vVv_Corrupt

PSN: vVv_Corrupt

XBL: vVv Corrupt

AIM: MLGCorrupt

#12 Decepti0n

Decepti0n

Active Forum Contributor

• 306 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:40 PM

This was beyond sick. What an awesome job that would be.

#13 XcL_p0lska

XcL_p0lska

Active Forum Contributor

• 161 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

Awesome videos !!

Edited by XcL_p0lska, 11 August 2011 - 05:57 PM.

Posted Image

Call Of Duty Player

#14 Spectral

Spectral

• 352 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:03 PM

he has a huge smile :} i watched this videos first when i join'd the site. then i bought the headset!
Paralyzed Quadriplegic Gamer

#15 infranto

infranto

Lurker

• 50 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:43 AM

I'd love a job like that lol
& that dude has a massive smile :|

#16 Griddlez

Griddlez

Active Forum Contributor

• 368 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:51 AM

Nice to see the actual people who sponsors vVv.

#17 XcL_p0lska

XcL_p0lska

Active Forum Contributor

• 161 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:56 AM

yeah ahah and ohh i would definitely want his job :P hes love it!

Posted Image

Call Of Duty Player

#18 baird_dE

baird_dE

I need to post more!

• 42 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:56 AM

steel series are compatible at events correct?

#19 HenZer

HenZer

Active Forum Contributor

• 344 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

I will look into their products :3

#20 Ragez

Ragez

Active Forum Contributor

• 142 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

steelseries:D hey great men

vVv Applica–łt

Posted Image

Gt: Firelinez/ Ragez Yt: shadeznotgone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.
Change Theme!