Shop advanced computer eyewear at GUNNAR Optiks.

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  DragonTKD : (20 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) @ vVv SUN DOWN are you online?
@  DragonTKD : (20 April 2014 - 03:23 PM) check out my Lol Stream first time ever so show me some support: http://www.twitch.tv/eternaltkdragon
@  vVv WooTang : (20 April 2014 - 03:11 PM) @vVv MikEvil nothing much
@  vVv noc0ntrol : (20 April 2014 - 03:10 PM) yea dont have any
@  vVv MikEvil : (20 April 2014 - 03:09 PM) Whats going on everybody ???
@  vVv WooTang : (20 April 2014 - 03:04 PM) @vVv noc0ntrol just any standered headphones that as a mic
@  vVv noc0ntrol : (20 April 2014 - 03:03 PM) i use android
@  vVv WooTang : (20 April 2014 - 03:01 PM) @vVv noc0ntrol you can use iPhone headphones
@  vVv noc0ntrol : (20 April 2014 - 02:56 PM) yeah i dont have a mic atm cause i bought a tower
@  vVv Sun Down : (20 April 2014 - 02:55 PM) do you need to talk to me? if so im on mumble with some of the league players
@  vVv Sun Down : (20 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) but i cant use skype if im palying league, too much latency
@  vVv Sun Down : (20 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Cameron.mcgrory
@  vVv noc0ntrol : (20 April 2014 - 02:51 PM) sun down can you message me your skype name
@  vVv noc0ntrol : (20 April 2014 - 02:51 PM) hey sun down
@  vVv Sun Down : (20 April 2014 - 02:44 PM) @No Control hi
@  vVv WooTang : (20 April 2014 - 02:43 PM) @vVv Sun Down didn't we have a list of all out members with each in there division and ranks
@  vVv Sun Down : (20 April 2014 - 02:34 PM) it says you are CoD?
@  vVv Sun Down : (20 April 2014 - 02:34 PM) http://www.vvv-gamin...ers&module=list
@  vVv WooTang : (20 April 2014 - 02:32 PM) @vVv Sun Down ok cool
@  vVv Sun Down : (20 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) @Wootang yeah let me see if i have those powers

Photo

Gamer Gear: Meet the folks of SteelSeries! Pt.2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Milkyy

Milkyy

vVv Historian

• 1,238 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:04 PM

Gamer Gear: Meet the folks of SteelSeries! Pt.2

By Jordan "Doomhammer" Kahn and Jerry "LordJerith" Prochazka

I'm gonna be on a plane headed to Comic-Con International in a couple days, and have a lot of packing to do, so I'm just gonna turn today's blog post over to the folks of vVv Gaming again:

Last week, in the first part of vVv's interview with SteelSeries' Chief Marketing Officer, Kim
Rom, Kim said something that we have been thinking about: "When there is enough people that have a shared passion and a shared interest in something...that's when people start following." To a great degree, we think this epitomizes vVv gaming as well as SteelSeries.

Read more after the jump!

Posted Image

When I was looking over my notes from the video shoot (I had the task of cataloguing each take to aid the editor in post-production), I realized that just as SteelSeries had "changed the way technology works to accommodate what we believe would make someone a better gamer," so did vVv create a model for how a competitive gaming organization could be structured and operated in order to cut costs, build fans, provide sponsors with more value, ensure a broad reach and improve competitive gaming as a whole. This new model is about the value of each member not just about having top players. Every member of the vVv community must add value. We don't bring people into the community just for the sake of bringing people into the community, just as SteelSeries doesn't make a product glow green, just to have it glow green. SteelSeries creates products that they want to use, and vVv Gaming created an organization and operates a competitive gaming community where we want to hang out and a community that we want to be part of ourselves. The parallels are obvious.

Of course, as I mentioned in my last piece about the first video, it's not just the parallel of the
companies but also of the people. During one of my first meetings with Jerry (vVv LordJerith), he talked about a human capital management plan that was at the heart of vVv Gaming. At the time, I didn't even know what those words meant, and I certainly had no idea what that had to do with a competitive gaming organization. Listening to Kim Rom speak, I realized what Jerry had meant when he told me, "Any company can have the temporary advantages of better buildings, furniture, technology and money, but the only sustainable competitive advantage is human capital. In other words, it's the people in the company or the organization that give it the edge."

SteelSeries has that edge. That is what makes them a great partner. The human capital management plan Jerry first told me about when I accepted my position, the very plan that I have been a part of over the last year, has come full circle. The way we market vVv, the way we choose our partners, our application process and the reason we cut members is all about purpose, value and quality. vVv doesn't have top teams just to have top teams in the same way that SteelSeries doesn't create products just to meet a price point in the market. What
both companies do is share a vision of quality and performance that I am proud to be a part of.

Here is part 2 of our 3-part video series with Kim Rom, CMO of SteelSeries:

http://www.playwire.com/videos/27241

Ayrton "Milkyy" Lambird
Vice President of Operations
Contact me via; AIM & Mumble or via my staff E-mail.

Posted Image

Follow me on Twitter: @vVvMilkyy

[quote name='vVv Rugg']Milkayy! that's awesome stuff, personal fitness instructor eh?? niceeeee you ever get those big tittie work out chicks and you "show" them how to do a proper workout and their ass is just rubbing alll on yer cock and yer just like WHOA NOW lmaooooooooo[/quote]

[quotename='vVv Eve']Milkyy, does so much work for staff it's unreal! Milkyy is simply the best in the EU![/quote]

#2 Cameron Bays

Cameron Bays

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

I love the fact that they try and perfect everything they make, and they actually have purpose in all of their equipment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive Free Shipping with your purchase of $99 or more!
Change Theme!